ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in   

Half - Life 2 OWNS
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ninja Fortress Forum Index -> Videogames General Board
View previous topic :: View next topic  
JuaNma
Superior Ninja
Superior Ninja

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2005 4:43 pm    Post subject: Half - Life 2 OWNS Reply with quote

you want to buy it,you ant to play,omg omg it is just a perfect game.

anyone who liked/s halo1-2 should buy this,its even better!

BUT,you may want to have the pc version if you have a "standard" pc.
sabotage
Shadow Ninja
Shadow Ninja

Gamertag: Critical sideFX
NG - Emblem (Amount: 1) NGB - Master (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2005 5:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I didn't like Half Life 1 so I never checked out Half Life 2. I guess I could download a HL2 demo just to see what it's like. I love Halo CE so if HL2 is just like it then I shouldn't be dissapointed.
Head Ninja
Head Ninja

Location: In your imagination......yup, you are having visions of me.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2005 6:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hate the game. Too slow, assinine AI making battles bland, and there is like.....nothing going on. The story is like non-existant, you feel like you are doing this for no reason.

I quit when i arrived in Ravenholm.
sabotage
Shadow Ninja
Shadow Ninja

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2005 6:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, that surely doesn't sound like it's the same as Halo CE... I'll still DL the demo but now I've set my expectations to 'low'.
Dragon Ninja
Dragon Ninja

Gamertag: blitzkrieg047

PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2005 2:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was at my friends house after school and i was watching play that one mod where one person is invisible and the other ppl have to kill him to become invisible, its kinda like juggernaught on halo 2. But he was OWNING so bad when he was invisible and when he wasnt. All the other ppl in the server thought he was hacking he was so good. His handle is like Hookedonphonics or something, idk i only caught a glance at it.

But we were laughing so hard because he was sprinting down this one hallway then all of a sudden there was a whole bunch of guys there, so he screamed and ran away. Idk, it was just entertaining.
JuaNma
Superior Ninja
Superior Ninja

PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2005 3:38 pm    Post subject: WADA WADA WADA FVCK! Reply with quote

Ninja Of Chaos wrote:
I hate the game. Too slow, assinine AI making battles bland, and there is like.....nothing going on. The story is like non-existant, you feel like you are doing this for no reason.

with no ofensse,thats serious ignoring lol.

it isnt slow,you can run actually and you get two full-auto types of mach guns,and many otther weapons.

you meant assassine AI? if you are talking about bad,well it is bad at chapters 1-5,but at least in highway 17 (chapter 7) the AI gets better,they take cover,the move,and they run to hide,and finally they sorprise you. the only leack i have ever seen is that once the guy i was shooting just runned,turned,and i killed him. there was even once that i was hiding,i took my grav gun,an made a fort with beds,pieces of metals and other stuff you can move around, then when one of them saw me by avery little hole (well....it wasnt that little,it was like a hand) the guuy trown me a grenade,and i dropped dead because all the things were over me lol.

and there "IS" story,look around,there are no cutscenes but they DO talk,and do actions,i LMAO when i saw the "volleyball"with that robot,and when he was going to trow that huge thing to you.

i dont see how ignorant can you be,yeah i would accept "i dont like the game" but the reasons you are giving are plain stupid.

well i feel better saying my piece. lol dont take it bad ninja of chaos.
NinjaGuerra
Ninja Dog
Ninja Dog

PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2005 5:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

this post makes me proud of my sig ive had for at least 2 weeks
Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

half life 2 is so awesome
i got the game of the year addition that has half life source on it, and it sucks. forget about it. BUT there is a mod thats been in production for a while thats a full remake of the first game with the half life 2 graphics.
there are also several high quality single player mods in production that might even surpass my expectations of what a mod can be.
mods alone are a reason to buy the game.

and also, the game is not slow. the demo wasnt really that good because u play through two of the least fun levels in the game. (in my opinion)
the real game has loads of levels pitting u against the humans, and not the lame,slow zombies. the war that goes on in the game is sooooooooo cool.

really, if u like a good FPS buy this game ! u will not be disapointed

also, u can set the difficulty of the AI

there are only 3 "quality" games in the world and this is one of them

so stop smoking crack
and dont miss this game =*(
sabotage
Shadow Ninja
Shadow Ninja

PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2005 5:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Damn... I can't base my opinion off the demo huh. How much is this game? If it's relatively cheap I'll dip into my X360 funds to get it.
Head Ninja
Head Ninja

PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2005 7:59 pm    Post subject: Re: WADA WADA WADA FVCK! Reply with quote

Sephiroth wrote:
Ninja Of Chaos wrote:

with no ofensse,thats serious ignoring lol.

it isnt slow,you can run actually and you get two full-auto types of mach guns,and many otther weapons.

you meant assassine AI? if you are talking about bad,well it is bad at chapters 1-5,but at least in highway 17 (chapter 7) the AI gets better,they take cover,the move,and they run to hide,and finally they sorprise you. the only leack i have ever seen is that once the guy i was shooting just runned,turned,and i killed him. there was even once that i was hiding,i took my grav gun,an made a fort with beds,pieces of metals and other stuff you can move around, then when one of them saw me by avery little hole (well....it wasnt that little,it was like a hand) the guuy trown me a grenade,and i dropped dead because all the things were over me lol.

and there "IS" story,look around,there are no cutscenes but they DO talk,and do actions,i LMAO when i saw the "volleyball"with that robot,and when he was going to trow that huge thing to you.

i dont see how ignorant can you be,yeah i would accept "i dont like the game" but the reasons you are giving are plain stupid.

well i feel better saying my piece. lol dont take it bad ninja of chaos.

The AI is crap. Many of my friends have finished the game and told me that. But either ways, i could have pulled that conclusion by myself seeing the AI up to Ravenholm. (And it was set to hard.)

There is NO story. Where is the story arch? Where is my character development? All you do is get little hints here and there as to what the backstory is. The plotline is ridicoulusly weak. (You arrive there, not knowing how, and not knowing what to do but then the combine decide to attack you. WTF?)

And the gameplay IS slow. Being able to run means nothing. Halo's battles are fast 'cause you are forced to think fast and be on the edge. In HL 2 all you do is walk straight and shoot, the idiots won't do anything.

Ignorant? I think not.

Last edited by Ninja Of Chaos on Wed Nov 30, 2005 8:01 pm; edited 1 time in total
Ninja Of Chaos
Head Ninja
Head Ninja

PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2005 8:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NinjaGuerra wrote:
this post makes me proud of my sig ive had for at least 2 weeks
Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

half life 2 is so awesome
i got the game of the year addition that has half life source on it, and it sucks. forget about it. BUT there is a mod thats been in production for a while thats a full remake of the first game with the half life 2 graphics.
there are also several high quality single player mods in production that might even surpass my expectations of what a mod can be.
mods alone are a reason to buy the game.

and also, the game is not slow. the demo wasnt really that good because u play through two of the least fun levels in the game. (in my opinion)
the real game has loads of levels pitting u against the humans, and not the lame,slow zombies. the war that goes on in the game is sooooooooo cool.

really, if u like a good FPS buy this game ! u will not be disapointed

also, u can set the difficulty of the AI

there are only 3 "quality" games in the world and this is one of them

so stop smoking crack
and dont miss this game =*(

Only 3 quality games in the world? Are those the only 3 games you ever played?
Inverted.TwiZtah
Dragon Ninja
Dragon Ninja

Gamertag: Trauma| SWE

PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2005 7:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

you come up with that now sephi.
Superior Ninja
Superior Ninja

PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2005 8:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

actually "zombies" are supposed to be stupid and slow,specially if you havent found the cat ones.

well,you cant espect to play HL2 and know about the story of HL1 do you? you should know that already. and the are even somes site that contain the storyline.

you cant compare this to halo,is like water and coca-cola,yes they are liquids and they are from the "fluids tree" but they are completely diferent things. well i guess i cant blame you if you dont like games if you play them that way.
Ninjilla
Divine Ninja
Divine Ninja

PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2005 8:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I personally love the game, one of the best FPS's on the Xbox. I havent played the PC version, mine isnt good enough, but the AI in the Xbox is really cool, they take cover, and dont just shoot if you are hiding ect.

Last edited by Ninjilla on Thu Dec 01, 2005 10:17 am; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Inverted.TwiZtah
Dragon Ninja
Dragon Ninja

Gamertag: Trauma| SWE

PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2005 10:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

its better on PC.
Divine Ninja
Divine Ninja

PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2005 10:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Teah, thats what I heard, but I will make due with what I have.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ninja Fortress Forum Index -> Videogames General Board All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: