ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in   

NOO! PLEASE HELP!
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ninja Fortress Forum Index -> Videogames General Board
View previous topic :: View next topic  
sabotage
Shadow Ninja
Shadow Ninja

Gamertag: Critical sideFX
NG - Emblem (Amount: 1) NGB - Master (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2005 5:24 pm    Post subject: NOO! PLEASE HELP! Reply with quote

.... I.... can't... play... DOAU....

Something is wrong with my game disc. Cry Baby I was playing online and I was in a room with a bunch of SS's and I was just whooping some ass. I was surprised I was doing so well considering I haven't played DOAU in like 5 months. It looked like my Ryu didn't miss a beat, I was nailing all my Izuna Counters, frame traps, frame advantages, mix ups to launchers, everything. My Ryu was looking top form. I was pissing the SS's off. All they kept saying was "OMG, how can this C- be whooping our ass? He must be modding."

*Note: I was a SS twice, I just gave all my points away and got them all back. I was currently in the middle of getting back to my SS rank for the third time until UC2 came out. Once UC2 came out I quit playing DOAU entirely until earlier today.*

Anyways, in the middle of the forth or fifth match, my game locked up. I figured it was caused by lag so I resetted and tried to jump online again. I couldn't log in so I just assumed my net connection was down. So I do a little Story mode and in the second match the music started skipping and then the game locked up. I resetted and tried again. I got to the 3rd match this time but again, the music skipped and my game locked up. I realized something was up so I wiped down my game disc, cleaned the XBOX lens, deleted some crap off my HD (Sometimes cache's can cause problems to XBOX game performance), and basically just did your normal maintanence.

I tried to play DOAU yet again but no matter what the game is bound to lock up. I tried to turn off the music to see if I could avoid the problem this way but I still run into it.

Am I going to have to buy a new DOAU game?

Last edited by sabotage on Mon Nov 28, 2005 5:45 pm; edited 2 times in total
Illmatic
Runaway Ninja
Runaway Ninja

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2005 5:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That sucks, but if it's any consolation that is my NGB in a nutshell. Now it can't even get past the warning screen.

And how you clean a DVD drive?

"I never sleep, cause sleep is the cousin of death."
sabotage
Shadow Ninja
Shadow Ninja

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2005 5:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I got a little disc with a tiny brush on it. You put the disc in and it cleans the lens.
Runaway Ninja
Runaway Ninja

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2005 6:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Where would one pick up this "disc", bestbuy?

sabotage
Shadow Ninja
Shadow Ninja

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2005 6:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I actually got mine from Wal-Mart. It's called the Arista Laser Lens Cleaner.
Runaway Ninja
Runaway Ninja

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2005 7:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alright, I'll have to try that before using NGB as a coaster.

sabotage
Shadow Ninja
Shadow Ninja

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2005 7:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Laughing I hope NGB will run for you. I'm hoping I don't have to buy a new DOAU but it looks like I'm going to have to.
Head Ninja
Head Ninja

Location: In your imagination......yup, you are having visions of me.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2005 7:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Even though this won't help you, i just want to point out that i hate assholes who cannot take a loss. A bunch of babies who got their ranks in a freaking chocolate box it seems.
sabotage
Shadow Ninja
Shadow Ninja

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2005 8:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Exactly why I loved to have a Low rank and challenge SS's so they'd lose mega points. Laughing I didn't do it to all SS's though, just the stuck up ones. If I was playing an SS and he mentioned something about I must be an SS or something I'd tell him I was or whatever and offer him if he'd like to just take the match so he wouldn't lose points. Most of the time, a cool SS player doesn't care about points. Like me, I don't care about points.
Head Ninja
Head Ninja

Location: In your imagination......yup, you are having visions of me.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2005 8:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sabotage wrote:
Exactly why I loved to have a Low rank and challenge SS's so they'd lose mega points. Laughing I didn't do it to all SS's though, just the stuck up ones. If I was playing an SS and he mentioned something about I must be an SS or something I'd tell him I was or whatever and offer him if he'd like to just take the match so he wouldn't lose points. Most of the time, a cool SS player doesn't care about points. Like me, I don't care about points.

Yes indeed there are some extremly cool SS players. When i used to have XBL, there were 3 guys all of them SS that actually taught me how to play with Helena. They lost points by doing that since sometimes they had to let me do free hits at them.

I thought that was extremly cool. One of them also played with Ryu alot. Cool
Illmatic
Runaway Ninja
Runaway Ninja

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2005 8:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've never played this game, but wouldn't having a low rank be unfair to all the other people with a low rank who challenge you (expexting you to be on their skill level).

sabotage
Shadow Ninja
Shadow Ninja

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2005 9:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yea, but when 2 players with similar ranks play each other the loser doesn't lose many points. You can only lose a large amount of points if you lost to someone who has a lower grade than you.

The ranks are:

SS
S
A+
A
A-
B+
B
B-
C+
C
C-
D+
D
D-
E+
E
E-
F (I don't remember if F has a F- and F+.... I don't think it does but I could be wrong.)

Now, if an SS lost to an F, the F player would gain a HUGE amount of Handicap points while the SS player would lose a HUGE amount of Handicap points. (Don't really remember but I think it's like 1000 points if this was to happen at least.) You'd also get points depending on the number of rounds you played. The more rounds in the match the better the score.

Now if a B+ and a C+ were to fight, there is still a Handicap involved but the point difference won't be as massive. It'd probably be about 300 point difference. If that. Again, I don't really remember because it's been awhile since I've played DOAU online and I wasn't paying attention to the scoring system earlier when I was playing.

Anyways, if you want to gain points you have to play people of a Higher grade. If a SS was to constantly challenge C or D players he'd get litterally no Handicap points because they're of a much lower grade than him. The only points he'd get are match points which are seriously nothing.
Runaway Ninja
Runaway Ninja

Gamertag: Meglazero

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2005 10:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Sabo... if you get your DOA:U working again... would you mind attempting to teach me some stuff on it? I've basically kinda just messed around with it, and I only really use Kasumi with the occassional Hitomi, Hayate (is he even in that game? I don't remember), Ryu (I suck with him), and one of the other fighters... probably Jack cuz I'm weird. Just wondering if you would'nt mind... if you would though, thats ok.. but yeah, just throwing it out there Very Happy
Runaway Ninja
Runaway Ninja

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2005 12:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't think I could live w/o DOAU at this point. Sorry brah. Cry Baby
Dances w Ninjas
Hayabusa Ninja
Hayabusa Ninja

Gamertag: Dances w Ninjas
NGB - Master (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2005 4:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hope you get back online soon. I wouldn't mind losing a few points to you Very Happy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ninja Fortress Forum Index -> Videogames General Board All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: