ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in   

The four unavoidable attacks
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ninja Fortress Forum Index -> Ninja Gaiden / Hurricane Packs / Black
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Edge AoM
Head Ninja
Head Ninja

PostPosted: Sat Nov 19, 2005 2:27 pm    Post subject: The four unavoidable attacks Reply with quote

<rant>

1) Awakened Alma's pink fireballs. I can dodge Alma I's Fireballs all day, but I. Cannot. Dodge. These. They. Are. Cheap. As. ****.

2) Alma/Nicchae's sextuple skull throw. The HP2 arena is ****ed up when you try to wall run away from these skulls. You can do a divine cicada slash to go through them, but every ten times or so, a skull actually gets summoned from the wall you're running up, and you get mashed before it gets thrown.

3) The Inferno Worm and the Electric worm firing at you at PRECISELY the same moment. Essentially, the electric worm fires right through the inferno worms flame-ring, making it an uber-projectile of death.

4) Ishtaros' laser. What do I do? Roll? If I go too early by a tenth of a second it readjusts and hits me. If I go too late, it smacks me anyway. Jump? I get hit by Nicchae or Ishtaros just fires another laser!

</rant>

So yeah, these (and a lack of skill on MD 2+4 and others) are what's stopping me getting 37 million + karma in Mission Mode.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
XNinjaRed
Dragon Ninja
Dragon Ninja

Gamertag: XNinjaRed

PostPosted: Sat Nov 19, 2005 2:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

to dodge awakened alma's fire balls you can:
- cast a Ninpo
- flying swallow her

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Ninja Of Chaos
Head Ninja
Head Ninja

Location: In your imagination......yup, you are having visions of me.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 19, 2005 4:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I sometimes dodge Awakened Alma's fireballs, but the timing of her shots keep changing so i mostly get hit. I usually use Ninpo to dodoge them.

: wrote:
4) Ishtaros' laser. What do I do? Roll? If I go too early by a tenth of a second it readjusts and hits me. If I go too late, it smacks me anyway. Jump? I get hit by Nicchae or Ishtaros just fires another laser!

That is extremly easy to dodge. Do a qick bird flip, or dodge it like the inferno attacks of the clones.
Daemon_Maior
Dragon Ninja
Dragon Ninja

PostPosted: Sat Nov 19, 2005 5:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I dodge the INferno attacks by rolling away.
Common Ninja
Common Ninja

PostPosted: Sat Nov 19, 2005 5:36 pm    Post subject: Re: The four unavoidable attacks Reply with quote

Edge AoM wrote:
<rant>

1) Awakened Alma's pink fireballs. I can dodge Alma I's Fireballs all day, but I. Cannot. Dodge. These. They. Are. Cheap. As. ****.

2) Alma/Nicchae's sextuple skull throw. The HP2 arena is ****ed up when you try to wall run away from these skulls. You can do a divine cicada slash to go through them, but every ten times or so, a skull actually gets summoned from the wall you're running up, and you get mashed before it gets thrown.

3) The Inferno Worm and the Electric worm firing at you at PRECISELY the same moment. Essentially, the electric worm fires right through the inferno worms flame-ring, making it an uber-projectile of death.

</rant>

So yeah, these (and a lack of skill on MD 2+4 and others) are what's stopping me getting 37 million + karma in Mission Mode.

I can dodge Awakened Alma's balls pretty good, but I've never been able to figure out Ishtaros's laser, I just try and never get far away from her otherwise I might get hit 2 or 3 times in a row.

Yeah the worms are cheap as hell when they both use their projectiles. I just cast ninpo when they start doing it.
weibull760
Runaway Ninja
Runaway Ninja

PostPosted: Sat Nov 19, 2005 10:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The skulls are tough especially when they throw them at the same time. But I find if I hold off on the first roll jump until the first skull is right next to me, I can usually dodge the rest. Sometimes it helps to actually block the first one and then roll cancel away and continue your evasion. But that way will chip a little of your heath away.

Alma 2's orbs are tough but not impossible. You pretty much can't just continuously roll jump like in the original. You have to delay your jumps until the first orb of each 3 orb set is almost on top of you. When I do get hit, it seems to be from the very last fireball Don't know

And Ish's laser isn't too bad. I've been playing her for what seems like forever because of HP2, but I rarely ever get hit by it. I just roll sideways right before she shoots. I have lots of vids of it if you care to look. I know some players like to roll jump away from it but it's not necessary but it might help you.

The worms are impossible to dodge if they fire in sync but you can ninpo or UT through it if your set up for it.
Runaway Ninja
Runaway Ninja

PostPosted: Sat Nov 19, 2005 10:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i never played NGB in awhile so i dont know if those attacks can be avoided....already forgot

Ishtaros lasers can be avoided easy but you need good timing
Megla Zero
Runaway Ninja
Runaway Ninja

Gamertag: Meglazero

PostPosted: Sat Nov 19, 2005 10:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The reason you may have more trouble dodging Awakened Alma's fireball attack of Alma's fireball attack, is because they come in different waves.

Alma's attack goes, 1,2....1,2.....1,2,3,4

AA's attack goes 1,2....1,2,3....1,2,3

So you have to try and time it to roll through the first fireball and then jump past the rest. Its a pain though (I can rarely do it perfect) but I bet if you can get it down it should be pretty easy.
Runaway Ninja
Runaway Ninja

PostPosted: Sun Nov 20, 2005 1:19 am    Post subject: Re: The four unavoidable attacks Reply with quote

Edge AoM wrote:
<rant>

</rant>

Over 30 million is very impressive. Great work. Im at around 23 million and almost have everything master ninja'd. I just have to finish the end of eternal legends on very hard, then master ninja. And then the doku mission with the bosses on hard,very hard and master ninja.

Alma 2's pink fireballs are annoying. I can dodge them fairly often (when not interrupted) by rolling around in a circular pattern. Those single pink fireballs always f*** me up though. That sh*t is especially cheap. I really f*cking hate that grab she does though. Nothing angers me more then that. Especially in mid air. Did you bother to beat that mission with no healing items? It took me 8 hours or more to beat that mission on all difficulties. That was enough for me.

Yea I use the divine circada or a UT to dodge those skulls often. But many times they get through. Then you get pummeled by whip b*tch if your fighting her too. That mission is insane to fight foot to foot. I just wall jumped with DDB killing alma and wounding whip bvtch a good deal. Then I took out the TDS and countered all of her attacks. It still took some hours to beat. The alma 2 mission has been the hardest for me so far.

I know what you mean about the electric bolt and fireball at the same time. Thats often when I casted inferno, since I didnt know how to dodge that sh*t. It seems cheap to me.

For Ishataro's lazer I always use divine circada to dodge it. Occasionally I roll but that seems more risky.

Many of the camera angles are horrible in mission mode too. Theres alot of sh*t that should have been fixed. Maybe in the sequel.

Last edited by Walking Beast on Sun Nov 20, 2005 1:25 am; edited 1 time in total
Walking Beast
Runaway Ninja
Runaway Ninja

PostPosted: Sun Nov 20, 2005 1:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The worms are impossible to dodge if they fire in sync but you can ninpo or UT through it if your set up for it.[/quote]

Yea I couldnt figure it out. Thought I just sucked. Especially when it took me over 8 hours to master ninja alma 2.
Ninjilla
Divine Ninja
Divine Ninja

NG - Emblem (Amount: 1) NGB - Master (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Sun Nov 20, 2005 10:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I must be lucky yo dodge the fire and Inazumas worms attacks then. When I jump through the fire ring, the electric bal either goes above me or below me.
Runaway Ninja
Runaway Ninja

PostPosted: Sun Nov 20, 2005 6:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ninjilla wrote:
I must be lucky yo dodge the fire and Inazumas worms attacks then. When I jump through the fire ring, the electric bal either goes above me or below me.

What difficulty?
archwarrior
Shadow Ninja
Shadow Ninja

PostPosted: Sun Nov 20, 2005 7:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

alma 2 fireball can be dodge, it alitte hard for some

and istartos laser is soooooooooooooooooo hard to dodge.
Expert Ninja
Expert Ninja

Gamertag: REmakePRO15

PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2005 11:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Are you all serious?

Ishtaros' Laser attack is easy as hell to dodge. Like Weibull said, you just need to roll to left or right, right before she fires the laser
Megla Zero
Runaway Ninja
Runaway Ninja

Gamertag: Meglazero

PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2005 11:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MasterNinja80239 wrote:
Are you all serious?

Ishtaros' Laser attack is easy as hell to dodge. Like Weibull said, you just need to roll to left or right, right before she fires the laser

well... I can dodge it when its 1 on 1... but when I'm worrying about Fiend Mages and their stupid circle, or Nicchae beating the crap out of you with skulls, fireballs, her fist/feet, or her head.... its kinda hard
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ninja Fortress Forum Index -> Ninja Gaiden / Hurricane Packs / Black All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: