ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in   

What games do you hate?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
 
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Ninja Fortress Forum Index -> Videogames General Board
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
sabotage
Shadow Ninja
Shadow Ninja


Joined: 26 Aug 2005
Posts: 5784
Location: Shh, I'm hiding
Gamertag: Critical sideFX
NG - Emblem (Amount: 1) NGB - Master (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2005 10:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ninja of Chaos wrote:
I want the war on earth. I'm not much into FPSs, so the only reason i would ever play one, is story, scale, graphics and sound.


Well, that's what we were all led to believe about Halo 2. A massive war on Earth. It didn't happen though. HOPEFULLY, Halo 3 will make up for this.

As for FPS'ers, I love FPS'ers but only certain ones. Quake, Unreal, Halo, DOOM, RTCW, umm... that's it actually. I love them almost as much as I love Fighting games. The UT games are the deepest games I've ever played. Can't wait for UT 2k7.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Ookami
Dragon Ninja
Dragon Ninja


Joined: 29 Oct 2005
Posts: 2344
Location: San Jose, CA


PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2005 11:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bloody hell, that's quite a-freaking-lot that never made it into Halo 2. Too bad Bungie had such poor planning Sad.

WarSaint777 wrote:

You have three choices. One, you believe this, and you accept it and choose not to let it get to you, and call me a knit-picky whiner. Two, you believe it, and you get angry, confused, and disappointed, like every hardcore Halo fan has the total right to do. And three, you tell me this is all bullcrap, and I go search for concrete evidence to further prove I know what I'm talking about and shove it down your throat. Take your pick.


Choice four: Dream of what Halo 2 might have been, and pray for Halo 3. I think that that might be the best approch. Hope they make Halo 3 everything Halo 2 could have been.

Somehow I don't see Bungie taking a minimalist approach to Halo 3 just because people liked Halo 2. The fact that people liked Halo 2 should be just another reason to make Halo 3 the best game it can be. *prays for Halo 3*

EDIT: BTW, choice four goes hand in hand with choice two. Except choice four still gives Bungie a chance to pull through.
_________________


Ookami wrote:
Congratulations! You failed to make sense!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger
Edge AoM
Head Ninja
Head Ninja


Joined: 04 Sep 2005
Posts: 1321
Location: Glasgow, Scotland


PostPosted: Sat Nov 19, 2005 2:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Halo 3 needs to special, because from what I'm hearing, the feelings surrounding Halo 2 are roughly 10 times what we felt when NGB didn't have intercept.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Ookami
Dragon Ninja
Dragon Ninja


Joined: 29 Oct 2005
Posts: 2344
Location: San Jose, CA


PostPosted: Sat Nov 19, 2005 2:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Somehow I don't think that this is an accurate representation of the general public's opinion of Halo 2. Bungie had some statistics about how much Halo 2 has been played over live.

Go here to see: http://www.bungie.net/News/TopStory.aspx?story=halo2numbers

For those that don't want to, here is what I felt was the most interesting statistic:

Bungie wrote:

Man-hours played in Matchmade games: 184,137,245. That means (in plain English) that the total number of hours spent playing Halo 2 by individual players is over 180 million. Naturally this time could have been spent say, cleaning, mowing the lawn, or building enormous stone monuments to my fantastic-ness. But it wasn't, it was spent playing Matchmade games. And just in case you're wondering, that is roughly 21,006 years. Way longer than human civilization has existed.


Just an FYI.

Note that: The number of hours in 21,006 years is: 184 134 663 hours. So they're a little short of 21,006 years, but pretty close.
_________________


Ookami wrote:
Congratulations! You failed to make sense!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger
Xx_SoulEdge_xX
Guest







PostPosted: Sat Nov 19, 2005 5:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

LOL
Back to top
Ninja Of Chaos
Head Ninja
Head Ninja


Joined: 22 Sep 2005
Posts: 1392
Location: In your imagination......yup, you are having visions of me.


PostPosted: Sat Nov 19, 2005 9:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Edge AoM wrote:
Halo 3 needs to special, because from what I'm hearing, the feelings surrounding Halo 2 are roughly 10 times what we felt when NGB didn't have intercept.


I felt fine with NGB. >.>
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Ryu_Hayabusa
Shadow Ninja
Shadow Ninja


Joined: 10 Aug 2005
Posts: 11145
Location: The Netherlands

NG - Emblem (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Sat Nov 19, 2005 9:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't care that there isn't an Intercept in NGB since I never used it. I play the game just fine. I don't know what I'm missing from NGB because the game equals perfection in its purest form.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Lee Woo Jin
Runaway Ninja
Runaway Ninja


Joined: 24 Aug 2005
Posts: 906
Location: NY


PostPosted: Sat Nov 19, 2005 10:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I felt miffed about the intercept. It's not the mythical ' perfect edition ', but having played it more, I feel now that it is not a disappointment. I'm having fun with it, and the graphical upgrade alone is worth the extra $30.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
sabotage
Shadow Ninja
Shadow Ninja


Joined: 26 Aug 2005
Posts: 5784
Location: Shh, I'm hiding
Gamertag: Critical sideFX
NG - Emblem (Amount: 1) NGB - Master (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Sat Nov 19, 2005 1:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ookami wrote:
Somehow I don't think that this is an accurate representation of the general public's opinion of Halo 2. Bungie had some statistics about how much Halo 2 has been played over live.

Go here to see: http://www.bungie.net/News/TopStory.aspx?story=halo2numbers

For those that don't want to, here is what I felt was the most interesting statistic:

Bungie wrote:

Man-hours played in Matchmade games: 184,137,245. That means (in plain English) that the total number of hours spent playing Halo 2 by individual players is over 180 million. Naturally this time could have been spent say, cleaning, mowing the lawn, or building enormous stone monuments to my fantastic-ness. But it wasn't, it was spent playing Matchmade games. And just in case you're wondering, that is roughly 21,006 years. Way longer than human civilization has existed.


Just an FYI.

Note that: The number of hours in 21,006 years is: 184 134 663 hours. So they're a little short of 21,006 years, but pretty close.


Your forgetting gaming is 'mainstream' now. The people who play Halo 2 are generally 'causal' gamers. 'Casual' gamers greatly outnumber 'hardcore' gamers. Add in the fact there was so much hype building up to Halo 2 most people grabbed it because it was the 'cool' thing to have. Most of the people who play Halo 2 haven't played Halo CE. You can go on XBL and ask around if you want. You wouldn't believe how many people will say "I didn't play Halo 2." Hell, in one startling response the guy literally said to me, "I'm not really a video game person, but I like Halo 2 because I'm good at it." of course he assumed this was because of his 'skill' but the truth is the only 'skill' involved in Halo 2 is learning the maps. As soon as you know where each gun is you're now on the same skill level as everybody else... Weak.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Ookami
Dragon Ninja
Dragon Ninja


Joined: 29 Oct 2005
Posts: 2344
Location: San Jose, CA


PostPosted: Sat Nov 19, 2005 4:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, no I couldn't since I don't have live, but I'll take your word for it. But i don't think that that is true. Maybe it's because Live is designed to pit you against people of the same skill level? Cause even when everyone knows the maps, there can be huge differences in skill. But of course it helps to know the map. Not just where the weapons are, but how to get from point a to point b quickly, or sneakily, or knowing where you can hide are all important.
_________________


Ookami wrote:
Congratulations! You failed to make sense!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger
sabotage
Shadow Ninja
Shadow Ninja


Joined: 26 Aug 2005
Posts: 5784
Location: Shh, I'm hiding
Gamertag: Critical sideFX
NG - Emblem (Amount: 1) NGB - Master (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Sat Nov 19, 2005 11:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ookami wrote:
Well, no I couldn't since I don't have live, but I'll take your word for it. But i don't think that that is true. Maybe it's because Live is designed to pit you against people of the same skill level? Cause even when everyone knows the maps, there can be huge differences in skill. But of course it helps to know the map. Not just where the weapons are, but how to get from point a to point b quickly, or sneakily, or knowing where you can hide are all important.


Live is designed to play people of my 'Same Skill' level you say. So that little number by my name signifies my 'skill level'. I don't think so. Without weapon balance you can NOT determine a player's skill level. My team getting spawn raped by the other team because they have posession of both sniper's is our lack of skill? No it's not, it's our bad luck is what it is. It's so easy to lock down a map in Halo 2 it's pathetic. Get possesion of Rockets/Sniper and have your team defend. Watch the points roll in. This is your definition of 'skill'? How is this skillful? Sniping a guy who just spawned in with a SMG is skill, knowing there is NO WAY he can defend himself. Is this the 'skill' you speak of? I pray it's not.

Knowing where the power weapons are and controlling them is THE depth in Halo 2. That's right. There's your depth. Something so basic it makes me sick to my stomach. This is not skill nor will I ever justify it as skill. The game all comes down to luck of the spawn. At the start of the match you can tell who's going to win a game within 10 seconds. Halo 2 is that pathetic.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Ookami
Dragon Ninja
Dragon Ninja


Joined: 29 Oct 2005
Posts: 2344
Location: San Jose, CA


PostPosted: Sun Nov 20, 2005 12:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm going to cease arguing with you about this. It's pretty obvious that no matter what is said, neither of us is going to change the other's mind. One question I'd like to ask though. Do you think that the problems you talked about are more apparent in large games? I ask because I have enjoyed many a game of Halo 2 with my friends (four people or less) and have never really experianced the problems of which you speak.
_________________


Ookami wrote:
Congratulations! You failed to make sense!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger
Megla Zero
Runaway Ninja
Runaway Ninja


Joined: 28 Oct 2005
Posts: 850
Location: Charlotte, NC
Gamertag: Meglazero

PostPosted: Sun Nov 20, 2005 12:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ookami wrote:
I'm going to cease arguing with you about this. It's pretty obvious that no matter what is said, neither of us is going to change the other's mind. One question I'd like to ask though. Do you think that the problems you talked about are more apparent in large games? I ask because I have enjoyed many a game of Halo 2 with my friends (four people or less) and have never really experianced the problems of which you speak.


Well.... it becomes a LOT more apparent in 4 vs 4 matches, since you can control 2 snipers... rocket and shottie very easily, since the 2 snipers can lock down the spawn points (if they are good.... takes SOME skill to headshot). Then you just have the rocket and shottie guys patrol the areas to make sure that no one gets out, but unlike what Sabo says... I still say there is some skill. Sure, once you get the power weapons... you can suck and still get kills, that becomes very apparent if you ever play a rockets game with your girlfriend who has never played Halo 2 before x.x (shuddap all of you >.>), but if you are good with the SMG or you can find a BR right near when you spawn.... you CAN take out a sniper pretty easily, so long as you can keep them un-zoomed and they keep trying to. I literally just killed a BR guy going for the rockets on Beaver Creek tonight by shooting him with 2 SMGs before he could get them.

Sabo... what I meant by it being over powered, wasn't it being over powered as a WEAPON. For a starting weapon, its great to allow some sense of protection when you spawn. I just meant, for a pistol its way too over powered. There is no way a pistol should be able to get a freakin 3 shot kill (possible, although tough) on a fully shielded spartan.... just shouldn't be possible. Oh well, the games are the way they are.... and everyone has their own opinions about everything. I really doubt anyone will change the other ones mind in this topic Very Happy
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
sabotage
Shadow Ninja
Shadow Ninja


Joined: 26 Aug 2005
Posts: 5784
Location: Shh, I'm hiding
Gamertag: Critical sideFX
NG - Emblem (Amount: 1) NGB - Master (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Sun Nov 20, 2005 1:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, the game does take place in the future. A better arguement would be why human's are still using standard looking weaponry instead of death beams and railguns.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Ookami
Dragon Ninja
Dragon Ninja


Joined: 29 Oct 2005
Posts: 2344
Location: San Jose, CA


PostPosted: Sun Nov 20, 2005 1:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

sabotage wrote:
Well, the game does take place in the future. A better arguement would be why human's are still using standard looking weaponry instead of death beams and railguns.


Rail guns are impracticle because they require huge amounts of energy. But the real reason is that then the covenent weapons wouldn't be special or cool Razz.
_________________


Ookami wrote:
Congratulations! You failed to make sense!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Ninja Fortress Forum Index -> Videogames General Board All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 6 of 8

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group