ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in   

fiend challange help
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ninja Fortress Forum Index -> Ninja Gaiden / Hurricane Packs / Black
View previous topic :: View next topic  
yodarman
Lesser Ninja
Lesser Ninja

PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2005 2:37 pm    Post subject: fiend challange help Reply with quote

ok, the very hard fiend challange in the archives is really starting to piss me off. i was wondering if anyone had any advice on it, besides izuma dropping and blade of nitriing the crap out of everything. also, what is the latest part in the game that i can do this?
archwarrior
Shadow Ninja
Shadow Ninja

PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2005 2:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

for the fiends do the tactics work for u. and for the reaper (i thinks its still there), u gonna have to do flying swallow and a sh1111tload of wall move the avoid the summoning attack. if ut caught u by that, make sure u block, and roll away fassssst.
Lesser Ninja
Lesser Ninja

PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2005 2:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

well on hard mode, i seperated the reapers from the cats by going on the upper level where the cats cant reach and killed all of the reapers. then i went down and finished the cats. now the enemy that spawns isnt nessicarily the one you killed, so this tactic doesnt work. i could probably deal with either enemy without a problem, its just togeater that they pose such a problem.
Sweet Clyde
Common Ninja
Common Ninja

PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2005 3:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

you can do that challenge until the end of chapter 7, as soon as you fight Alma, it's closed to you.

There is a trick to this challenge though, I'd do it right after beating the bone dragon but before going through the hidden underground, as you'll both have the Flails and have time to buy stuff before Alma. Not that you need either...

What I did was go on the top floor and kill the scythe fiends with the Lunar. They don't spawn back though, instead another cat fiend will spawn. But if your up on the 3rd floor the cats will stay on the 1st so you have time to jump down to the 2nd floor where the path gets thin and charge a UT (helpful to leave the scythe fiends essence but not necessary)
The Flails UT will almost always kill all 3 cats and if it doesn't the Flails are good against them in general. If you don't think you have time to charge a UT just wait until the cats are almost on you and unleash Cremator or Dragon's Slaughter. Afterwards jump back up and kill the scythe fiend that respawns, you can repeat this the whole time and easily make the time limit. Sometimes 2 or 3 scythe fiends will respawn in a row btw, so if your cautious you can wait and see if another comes before jumping down.

Hope that helps.
Edge AoM
Head Ninja
Head Ninja

PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2005 3:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good strategy, sweet clyde. Mind if I "borrow" it for my Fiend Challenge FAQ?

Personally, I use the level 3 DS and a lot of jumping X's, then Izuna Drops and UTs.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Bigalski
Divine Ninja
Divine Ninja

Gamertag: Bigalski
NG - Emblem (Amount: 1) NGB - Master (Amount: 1) NGS - Sigma (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2005 3:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I did what Clyde said when I fought it but I used the Lunar and Windmill Shuriken the whole time. Basically I never fought the floaty guys and cat chicks together and would jump up to the third floor when a floaty guy appeared. Maxed out my UT's, maxed out my essence, and only used 1 small elixir.
Edge AoM
Head Ninja
Head Ninja

PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2005 3:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Did they change the essence system in NGB? It seems you manage to max out your essence in a lot of fiend challenges, Bigalski. Do you mean you get 99,999 in one go, or you get the (approx) 60,000 that would fill your account right up?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
archwarrior
Shadow Ninja
Shadow Ninja

PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2005 3:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

the first post he said "very hard". which is different from hard mode. i already beat hard mode and i can tell u that i beat hard mode with cats and reaper with flail.. u can do the fiend challange right after u place the book on eon. u dont need to till chapter 7. thats how i got the extra ninpo bonus at end of that chapter.
Lesser Ninja
Lesser Ninja

PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2005 3:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

is there a time limit on the challanges? i got up to 75 and saw i only had about 150s left, so i went at it with my dragon sword and died at about 85.
Bigalski
Divine Ninja
Divine Ninja

Gamertag: Bigalski
NG - Emblem (Amount: 1) NGB - Master (Amount: 1) NGS - Sigma (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2005 3:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Edge AoM wrote:
Did they change the essence system in NGB? It seems you manage to max out your essence in a lot of fiend challenges, Bigalski. Do you mean you get 99,999 in one go, or you get the (approx) 60,000 that would fill your account right up?

Yes, I'm just that good! Razz JK

Remeber this is VH and MN I'm talking about and I'm constantly UTing the enemies to kill them which means tons of essence. Since I'm either jumping back up top or waiting for the enemies to respawn, I can absorb all the essence instead of using it to charge my next UT. For example, I started MN with about 15K in essence and maxed it out by around 65-70 kills. I had over 90K in essence at 56 kills. It shows on the video I did.
archwarrior
Shadow Ninja
Shadow Ninja

PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2005 3:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

all challeges got time limit. i just just the flaid lvl 2 the breeze that 1. fire pit attack is very effective agiast the cats. it even catches them in the air. (as if they are abot to do flying swallow on u.)
Common Ninja
Common Ninja

PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2005 3:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Edge AoM wrote:
Good strategy, sweet clyde. Mind if I "borrow" it for my Fiend Challenge FAQ?

Personally, I use the level 3 DS and a lot of jumping X's, then Izuna Drops and UTs.

yeah go ahead.
yodarman
Lesser Ninja
Lesser Ninja

PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2005 4:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

gonna let this challenge rest for today. just died with 2 cats left. Evil Evil Evil
sabotage
Shadow Ninja
Shadow Ninja

Gamertag: Critical sideFX
NG - Emblem (Amount: 1) NGB - Master (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2005 4:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LOL, that sucks.
Runaway Ninja
Runaway Ninja

PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2005 5:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lvl2 flails + Cremator/Dragon Slaughter + Ripping Thunder +Armlet of Potency= an easy fiend challenge on hard mode. Seriously it shouldn't be that bad with the flails.

VH is a whole different story, it even killed my xbox. That challenge was the last time my NGB worked.

"I never sleep, cause sleep is the cousin of death."
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ninja Fortress Forum Index -> Ninja Gaiden / Hurricane Packs / Black All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: