ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in   

Sony going out for good?.......
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ninja Fortress Forum Index -> Videogames General Board
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ninja Of Chaos
Head Ninja
Head Ninja

Location: In your imagination......yup, you are having visions of me.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2005 4:37 pm    Post subject: Sony going out for good?....... Reply with quote

http://www.technologypundits.com/index.php?article_id=231

Damn they're in a bad position. I knew MS was about to trap them and make the suffocate on their own bite, but i didn't expect it to be this fast. (Nobody tries to win over the livig room w/o MS' consent.)

If PS3 fails (which seems likely to as it's showing all the signs of the Saturn) then the fall of SOny is iminent, and the industry has space left for a new competitor. Who else thinks that this is what Sega is waiting for to come back? (Not necesseraly SOny, but the fall of one of the current competitors.)
Edge AoM
Head Ninja
Head Ninja

PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2005 4:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm a Sega fanboy. I admit it. I think NiGHTS, Panzer Dragoon Saga and Skies of Arcadia are the best games of all time after NGB. But even I think Sega coming back into the hardware market right now would make as much impact as the re-release of Betamax.

Sega's flawed console strategy outside of Japan left a lot of people feeling "betrayed" that Sega had released 3 next-gen consoles in such a short space of time. The Dreamcast was supposed to be the answer to this, "Dreamcast" being a new brand, less emphasis on the Sega part. Two years later and Dreamcast was pulled, Sega proclaiming themselves out of the Hardware market.

If Sega were to ever come back into Hardware, it would have to be in about 10 years time. Right now, we're being bombarded with sequels, licences and re-releases, with little space for original concepts in the market (see: Donkey Konga). The best games Sega ever made had that huge point of originality, and that's what they would need to play on for a halfway successful marketing strategy. Since that wouldn't work at the moment, there's no point in going back in with the Hardware just yet.
Shadow Ninja
Shadow Ninja

Gamertag: Critical sideFX
NG - Emblem (Amount: 1) NGB - Master (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2005 5:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PS3 will sell. Sell big. It's inevitable. Sony will keep their head above water.

As for Sega making a comback, it's nice to think about but I don't see it happening.
Runaway Ninja
Runaway Ninja

PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2005 5:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A little off-topic but what exactly happened at Sony BMG?

I know Nas is scheduled to release his last album for Sony BMG in the next few months. How bad was this virus, and what did it do. Is it gonna push back record releases?

"I never sleep, cause sleep is the cousin of death."
Aces_High
Dragon Ninja
Dragon Ninja

Gamertag: blitzkrieg047

PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2005 6:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

haha i bet bill gates is laughing hysterically in his alligator skin chair right now.

i for one am glad seeing sony go, well if not, close to gone then. i admit im an xbox fanboy and i like the sequels to the old games.

but this is the first time i have ever heard about this virus.
sabotage
Shadow Ninja
Shadow Ninja

PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2005 8:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is actually old news. I heard about this weeks ago.
Runaway Ninja
Runaway Ninja

PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2005 8:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sony going out of business... Laughing , don't be so gullible.
Shadow Ninja
Shadow Ninja

PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2005 9:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sony is evil and wont be good anytime. its acting nice. anyway that impact dont do sh1t, people still buy sony's sh1tty product.
Shadow Ninja
Shadow Ninja

PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2005 9:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

*Looks at his old SONY DVD player* Sh!tty products you say. My DVD player has outlasted everybody else's. We've had to replace 4 JVC's and 2 Pioneer's. And my SONY DVD player is one of the cheap ones. Nothing special. I've gone through 3 XBOX's, yet I've had my PS2 since launch and the only problem I had with it was DRE's. Once I intensified the laser it ran perfectly. Still runs perfectly to do this day actually.
Runaway Ninja
Runaway Ninja

PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2005 10:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

archwarrior wrote:
sony is evil and wont be good anytime. its acting nice. anyway that impact dont do sh1t, people still buy sony's sh1tty product.

I have to thank you for the sig but can we say FANBOY!
Honestly, it's hard to take a fanboy seriously. Time to let it GO.
Shadow Ninja
Shadow Ninja

PostPosted: Sat Nov 12, 2005 12:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

fanboy? wahhh who do i like? i dont like sony, but that dont make be a fanboy.

oh and p.s am a MAN, MAN U HEAR
Dragon Ninja
Dragon Ninja

Gamertag: Trauma| SWE

PostPosted: Sat Nov 12, 2005 1:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ha sony thinks that they are the ruler of the world and cant figure out that it wont be good for the affairs to have rootkits in their CDS, they really are dumb.
Head Ninja
Head Ninja

Location: In your imagination......yup, you are having visions of me.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 12, 2005 8:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Edge AoM wrote:
I'm a Sega fanboy. I admit it. I think NiGHTS, Panzer Dragoon Saga and Skies of Arcadia are the best games of all time after NGB. But even I think Sega coming back into the hardware market right now would make as much impact as the re-release of Betamax.

Sega's flawed console strategy outside of Japan left a lot of people feeling "betrayed" that Sega had released 3 next-gen consoles in such a short space of time. The Dreamcast was supposed to be the answer to this, "Dreamcast" being a new brand, less emphasis on the Sega part. Two years later and Dreamcast was pulled, Sega proclaiming themselves out of the Hardware market.

If Sega were to ever come back into Hardware, it would have to be in about 10 years time. Right now, we're being bombarded with sequels, licences and re-releases, with little space for original concepts in the market (see: Donkey Konga). The best games Sega ever made had that huge point of originality, and that's what they would need to play on for a halfway successful marketing strategy. Since that wouldn't work at the moment, there's no point in going back in with the Hardware just yet.

Dreamcast was puled out because of "no more money". Saturn and the other two add ons were failures, but certainly not the DC.

And since Sega has merged with Sammy, them comming back is not a question of "if" aymore, but "when". They have 3 times the amount of revenue and total money then Nintendo. Sammy is he most powerful company in Japan.

And Nintendo is playing with the originality concept, why not Sega? And we all know that if Sega taunts originality or revolution, we won't get cheap gimmicks like a remote control.

sabotage wrote:
PS3 will sell. Sell big. It's inevitable. Sony will keep their head above water.

Not if the PS3 costs above $500 and has no games comming with it. (Which seems inevitable since it costs more then that to maufacture, and Sony CANNOT lose anymore money right now)

Games won't be there since there is no way any developer will be able to do any game with the Cell in little over a year.

As i said in my first post, PS3 is a replica of the Saturn, only with multiple threadig. (Which makes it even worse)
Aces_High
Dragon Ninja
Dragon Ninja

Gamertag: blitzkrieg047

PostPosted: Sat Nov 12, 2005 8:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

will xbox 360 come with games? atleast demos?
Ninjilla
Divine Ninja
Divine Ninja

PostPosted: Sat Nov 12, 2005 9:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think she meant launch games. And Sab, my Xbox still hasnt broke, and I have had it since 2002.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ninja Fortress Forum Index -> Videogames General Board All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: