ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in   

What are your thoughts on this generation?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ninja Fortress Forum Index -> Videogames General Board
View previous topic :: View next topic  
sabotage
Shadow Ninja
Shadow Ninja

Gamertag: Critical sideFX
NG - Emblem (Amount: 1) NGB - Master (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Sat Nov 05, 2005 2:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ZaNN01 wrote:
well i can explain some techs for all you there who says PS2 OWNS.

ok like the HDD,772 mb processor ( ps2 only has 123, gc has 223 ) you read everything about it and compare them at xbox.com ( xbox IS 7 times stronger than ps2 on most of the catagories.

gameplay you talk about, well FPS cant be played cause the controller sucks on those, the only game it is gooa at is FIFA. and its no very sensetive when you have to break your friggin thumb to press X. those analog sticks is very loose and can be drawn out by my 4 year old sister ( new ps2 controller ). and ps2 has those friggin bad memeory cards as i said before they are only trying to milk your money out of you pocket. GC is the same as sabotage said it really has no funny game except some few.like super mario sunshine WTF are we gonna spray some water on a flower now. its not even fun to spray water on a flower for gods sake.

and now i must say it XBOX RULEZ

Umm... no.

GC has a 485 MHz processor.

PS2 is clocked at 294 MHz while the later versions clocked at 300 MHz even.

XBOX is clocked at 733 MHZ.

XBOX being 7 times stronger than the PS2 in other categories is an EXTREME over-statement.

I could completely destroy the rest of your post but quite frankly I'm not going to waste my time.

You misunderstood what I meant about the GC. It may lack in quantity of games, but the QUALITY of it's good games more than makes up for it.
Superior Ninja
Superior Ninja

Gamertag: AreErKul
NGB - Master (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Sat Nov 05, 2005 2:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

uhm, what the hell is dreamcast, I have never heard of it before.
sabotage
Shadow Ninja
Shadow Ninja

PostPosted: Sat Nov 05, 2005 3:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Are you serious? Sega Dreamcast. It was the company's last console.

(Although I have heard several rumors...)
Dragon Ninja
Dragon Ninja

Gamertag: Trauma| SWE

PostPosted: Sat Nov 05, 2005 3:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ok i misunderstood the the part with tha games. but its some times stronger than ps2.

and yes i think that GC only has kid games ( dont come and say LOOK AT RESIDENT EVIL, its not even scary. ) like when ypu shoot someone in the head with a arrow he should at least die worthy and spill some blood.
Shadow Ninja
Shadow Ninja

PostPosted: Sat Nov 05, 2005 3:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've seen enemies in NG take an arrow to the head. What's your point?
Head Ninja
Head Ninja

Location: In your imagination......yup, you are having visions of me.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 05, 2005 6:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ZaNN01 wrote:
well i can explain some techs for all you there who says PS2 OWNS.

ok like the HDD,772 mb processor ( ps2 only has 123, gc has 223 ) you read everything about it and compare them at xbox.com ( xbox IS 7 times stronger than ps2 on most of the catagories.

gameplay you talk about, well FPS cant be played cause the controller sucks on those, the only game it is gooa at is FIFA. and its no very sensetive when you have to break your friggin thumb to press X. those analog sticks is very loose and can be drawn out by my 4 year old sister ( new ps2 controller ). and ps2 has those friggin bad memeory cards as i said before they are only trying to milk your money out of you pocket. GC is the same as sabotage said it really has no funny game except some few.like super mario sunshine WTF are we gonna spray some water on a flower now. its not even fun to spray water on a flower for gods sake.

and now i must say it XBOX RULEZ

You are comparing the wrong things buddy. PS2 Emotion Engine is much stronger then Xbox's modified P3 chip. It does more then 3X as many GFLOPS. Why do you think PS2 games have no problem reaching 60fps while Xbox games struggle to stay fixed at 30?

Xbox's GPU is indeed better then PS2's. Mainly because PS2 doesn't have one and forces the MI chip of the Eootion Engine to render graphical effects.

If PS2 had a networthy GPU in it, it would have blown Xbox out of the water graphically.

As far as the games go, we will use gamespot.......

PS2 has 288 8.0+; and 54 9.0+ games

Xbox has 158 8.0+; and 49 9.0+ games

As i said before, PS2 has much more quality games......
Inverted.TwiZtah
Dragon Ninja
Dragon Ninja

PostPosted: Sat Nov 05, 2005 8:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ok everyone thinks different about all consoles so lets leave that topic for a while.

what i meant was ZELDA series there is NO blood and no realistic in it, plus that the graphs are bad ( many will now say ITS REALLY GOOD CEL SHADING ) cel shading yes but not good graphs because of that. nintendo and other companies are making child games you only need to have 2 active braincells to play. and the games have no good quality. ok talk about quality of games when you cant see the face the face of the char, and when you play FPS games ITS not good.
Superior Ninja
Superior Ninja

Gamertag: AreErKul
NGB - Master (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Sat Nov 05, 2005 9:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

do someone have a pic of dreamcast?
Illmatic
Runaway Ninja
Runaway Ninja

PostPosted: Sat Nov 05, 2005 9:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ZaNN01 wrote:
ok everyone thinks different about all consoles so lets leave that topic for a while.

what i meant was ZELDA series there is NO blood and no realistic in it, plus that the graphs are bad ( many will now say ITS REALLY GOOD CEL SHADING ) cel shading yes but not good graphs because of that. nintendo and other companies are making child games you only need to have 2 active braincells to play. and the games have no good quality. ok talk about quality of games when you cant see the face the face of the char, and when you play FPS games ITS not good.

You're mad because ther is no blood in Zelda? has there ever been blood in Zelda? I think you got some issues if you fiend for violence and can't play a game without resident evil like gore. There is a reason NG is rated M for mature, I don't know if you should be playing it.

Secondly, since when do graphics translate into good games. I believe that the SNES/Genesis generation had the best games.

Games should be based on how fun they are and not how realistically gorry they are.

The only part I agree with you on this is that most games are incredibly easy (not just for GC, for all systems), and lose their replay value real quick.

"I never sleep, cause sleep is the cousin of death."
Ninjilla
Divine Ninja
Divine Ninja

PostPosted: Sat Nov 05, 2005 10:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ZaNN01 wrote:

It's not good quality when you can see the persons face in an FPS you say? Well, thats why is it FIRST PERSON, just like real life. So is your life not quality enough?
Shadow Ninja
Shadow Ninja

PostPosted: Sat Nov 05, 2005 4:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Umm.. Metroid Prime is gorgeous and every single area of the game is completely unique. That's more than what I can say with MOST FPS'ers on the market right now.

Zelda Wind Waker may not be amazing in terms of graphics but it still delivered a true Zelda experience with the gameplay.

Mario Sunshine requires a lot more skill than you think. There were a couple parts that I consider to be harder than anything in NGB on Master Ninja mode. I doubt you even played it. Mario Sunshine is definately not aimed towards the kids. After a few levels of the games you'll quickly realize that.

Super Smash Bros Melee is a very deep fighter despite what people may think. It's STILL being played in MLG tournaments after all these years. You just can't beat good gameplay.

I could go on about all the other great GC games but I'll just leave the list at that.

Sounds to me you're just assuming that GameCube games are 'kiddie' just because everybody else says so.
Head Ninja
Head Ninja

PostPosted: Sat Nov 05, 2005 5:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There's never been blood in the Zelda series. Well, the ones I have played anyway. The reason for that is that Zelda is not an adventuring game, but a Fantasy RPG.

To illustrate the point, let's look at one of my favourite RPGs: Skies of Arcadia. There's not a drop of blood in the whole game, although a few people end up dying (8 main characters and almost the entire population of a civilisation). Even when a meteor drops on a bad guy's head, there's no blood, no body parts, and they get up just as easily as if you had hit them with a normal attack. Unless, of course, their HP is gone. There's no reason to have blood in the game, as it would take away from the "Dreams and teamwork overcome all" cheesy storyline, and would restrict the audience a bit too.

As for the Dreamcast:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dreamcast
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
sabotage
Shadow Ninja
Shadow Ninja

PostPosted: Sat Nov 05, 2005 5:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't even think Zelda:Twilight Princess is going to have blood in it. Wouldn't bother me if it didn't, game looks INCREDIBLE! Can't wait to play it.
Head Ninja
Head Ninja

Location: In your imagination......yup, you are having visions of me.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 05, 2005 5:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Edge AoM wrote:
There's never been blood in the Zelda series. Well, the ones I have played anyway. The reason for that is that Zelda is not an adventuring game, but a Fantasy RPG.

To illustrate the point, let's look at one of my favourite RPGs: Skies of Arcadia. There's not a drop of blood in the whole game, although a few people end up dying (8 main characters and almost the entire population of a civilisation). Even when a meteor drops on a bad guy's head, there's no blood, no body parts, and they get up just as easily as if you had hit them with a normal attack. Unless, of course, their HP is gone. There's no reason to have blood in the game, as it would take away from the "Dreams and teamwork overcome all" cheesy storyline, and would restrict the audience a bit too.

As for the Dreamcast:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dreamcast

SoA was awsome. But it would have been SoOOOO much better if the assinine random spawns were rarer... Evil
Inverted.TwiZtah
Dragon Ninja
Dragon Ninja

PostPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2005 4:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

sabotage i have completed the whole game ( i helped a friend and hes older than me ) and i think it sux, cause nothing is funnier than spraying water over a koopa. what i meant with all the blood was that almost every games are kid games that is so easy to complete no hard puzzles,bosses averything is like 3- games on that console. i mean my little sister have beaten almost every game she has to the console ( including super mario sunshine ) and she is 5. and in SSMB the only funny thing to do is to have all enemies in lvl 9 ( unbelievable easy i think ) and kick their guts out with jigglypuff ( hates pokemon and jiggly is the lousiest char in the game )

so i did not mean that i want brains all over tha place in zelda ( it has some cool points and such ) but that nintendo will make more teenage games like NG.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ninja Fortress Forum Index -> Videogames General Board All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 2 of 6

Jump to: