ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in   

just got DOAU
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ninja Fortress Forum Index -> Videogames General Board
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Dark Ninja
Head Ninja
Head Ninja


Joined: 23 Sep 2005
Posts: 922
Location: Sacred Wilderness


PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2005 8:18 am    Post subject: just got DOAU Reply with quote

i just got it now i have played it and did ryu's story twice i was sparring with the computer and he did an izuna drop on me (it was ryu vs. ryu)

any one know how to do Izuna Drop in DOAU.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
sabotage
Shadow Ninja
Shadow Ninja


Joined: 26 Aug 2005
Posts: 5784
Location: Shh, I'm hiding
Gamertag: Critical sideFX
NG - Emblem (Amount: 1) NGB - Master (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2005 11:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Look in the Manual or go to Training, pause the game, scroll down to Excersise. Hell, you can even pause the game and look at the Characters Move List.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Dark Ninja
Head Ninja
Head Ninja


Joined: 23 Sep 2005
Posts: 922
Location: Sacred Wilderness


PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2005 12:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i dont understand how to do it at all heck there is two moves with izuna in them plus both of them look impossible to pull off i wish i can do it.

oh well
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Inverted.TwiZtah
Dragon Ninja
Dragon Ninja


Joined: 15 Aug 2005
Posts: 1946
Location: somewhere in the milky way
Gamertag: Trauma| SWE

PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2005 12:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dont remember how to do it but i think its fairly easy.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Dark Ninja
Head Ninja
Head Ninja


Joined: 23 Sep 2005
Posts: 922
Location: Sacred Wilderness


PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2005 1:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ZaNN01 wrote:
dont remember how to do it but i think its fairly easy.


please remember dude.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Ryu_Hayabusa
Shadow Ninja
Shadow Ninja


Joined: 10 Aug 2005
Posts: 11145
Location: The Netherlands

NG - Emblem (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2005 12:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Izuna Otoshi: move thumbstick half circle downward. Hard to explain, but like this: <- \/ -> in one fluid movement, with left thumbstick. Then, when your opponent is in the air, do this: \/ -> /\ in a fluid movement. Then, when you are both in the air, do a full circle towards your opponent starting from \/. It WILL take a few tries, so don't sweat it if you cannot do it immediately. Note that this works only when you are standing left from your opponent. When you are standing right, swap <- and -> for -> and <-. The rest stays the same.

That's it, and it is hard to explain, but if you look in the move list you'll find it there.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Dark Ninja
Head Ninja
Head Ninja


Joined: 23 Sep 2005
Posts: 922
Location: Sacred Wilderness


PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2005 2:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ryu_Hayabusa wrote:
Izuna Otoshi: move thumbstick half circle downward. Hard to explain, but like this: <- \/ -> in one fluid movement, with left thumbstick. Then, when your opponent is in the air, do this: \/ -> /\ in a fluid movement. Then, when you are both in the air, do a full circle towards your opponent starting from \/. It WILL take a few tries, so don't sweat it if you cannot do it immediately. Note that this works only when you are standing left from your opponent. When you are standing right, swap <- and -> for -> and <-. The rest stays the same.

That's it, and it is hard to explain, but if you look in the move list you'll find it there.


i can find it in the moves list its just i cant do the alf circle thing it never works i end up grabing my opponents head and smashing it on the floor . what do u mean in one fluid movement. i acctually did the first part oe or twice then i cant do the next part.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Lee Woo Jin
Runaway Ninja
Runaway Ninja


Joined: 24 Aug 2005
Posts: 906
Location: NY


PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2005 2:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Izuna in DOA takes a LOT of practice to pull off.


Facing right:

back> down> towards F+P= first grab, throw upwards

down> right> up F+P= fly into air

left> up> right> down (circle quick) F+P= begin spiraling downwards, see leaves

Facing left, just mirror these moves in the opposite directions. The izuna can also be done from a few counters, not mid kick tho i think. Like Ryu said, go thru exercise mode several times, and really pay attention to the descriptions at the top.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
Dark Ninja
Head Ninja
Head Ninja


Joined: 23 Sep 2005
Posts: 922
Location: Sacred Wilderness


PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2005 2:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TylerD wrote:
The Izuna in DOA takes a LOT of practice to pull off.


Facing right:

back> down> towards F+P= first grab, throw upwards

down> right> up F+P= fly into air

left> up> right> down (circle quick) F+P= begin spiraling downwards, see leaves

Facing left, just mirror these moves in the opposite directions. The izuna can also be done from a few counters, not mid kick tho i think. Like Ryu said, go thru exercise mode several times, and really pay attention to the descriptions at the top.



what so i dont have to do the half circle thing.

and what do you mean by

back> down> towards F+P
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Lee Woo Jin
Runaway Ninja
Runaway Ninja


Joined: 24 Aug 2005
Posts: 906
Location: NY


PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2005 2:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I mean back>(rolling to)whatever i said>(rolling to)whatever then F+P

Can't make this any plainer.


Last edited by Lee Woo Jin on Tue Oct 25, 2005 2:52 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
Ryu_Hayabusa
Shadow Ninja
Shadow Ninja


Joined: 10 Aug 2005
Posts: 11145
Location: The Netherlands

NG - Emblem (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2005 2:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You must de all the moves of the Izuna Otoshi in succession. You find it under Throws, scroll down to find it. For the moves, do this:

1. Start bij holding the left thumbstick away from your foe, and then move it in a fluid movement to the opponnent, in a downside arc. Press A immediately after it. This should send your foe into the air.

2. Next, while the words Combo Throw are visible, hold the left thumbstick down, then move it up like a right-sided arc. Down, right, up in a fluid motion. Immediately press A after that. This should bring you up to your foe in mid-air.

3. Finally, perform a full circle with the left thumbstick, starting down and going clockwise, then IMMEDIATELY press A. You MUST perfrom a full circle otherwise the Izuna will not come out spinning.

Final note: above movements must be done quick and fast after eachother. I cannot go into more specific then this, because it will be even harder to explain.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Dark Ninja
Head Ninja
Head Ninja


Joined: 23 Sep 2005
Posts: 922
Location: Sacred Wilderness


PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2005 2:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TylerD wrote:
I mean back>(rolling to)


so is that a half circle back or what
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Lee Woo Jin
Runaway Ninja
Runaway Ninja


Joined: 24 Aug 2005
Posts: 906
Location: NY


PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2005 2:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's not a full circle in the opposite direction. It's 3/4 ths of a circle. Basically, yer going back to towards, up to down, then you reverse it for almost a full circle. You must also press the F+P together when you see the combo throw prompt on the screen. The length of time that those blue words are on the screen IS THE WINDOW FOR THE MOVE. If you do not pull off the final semicircle and then press F+P together while the " combo throw " prompt is onscreen, the final part of the throw will not work. You will see leaves and the characters begin to twist downward when it does.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
Dark Ninja
Head Ninja
Head Ninja


Joined: 23 Sep 2005
Posts: 922
Location: Sacred Wilderness


PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2005 2:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TylerD wrote:
It's not a full circle in the opposite direction. It's 3/4 ths of a circle. Basically, yer going back to towards, up to down, then you reverse it for almost a full circle. You must also press the F+P together when you see the combo throw prompt on the screen. The length of time that those blue words are on the screen IS THE WINDOW FOR THE MOVE. If you do not pull off the final semicircle and then press F+P together while the " combo throw " prompt is onscreen, the final part of the throw will not work. You will see leaves and the characters begin to twist downward when it does.


so its a half circle going from back to forwards then its another half circle going from up to down then its a full circle starting from down
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Lee Woo Jin
Runaway Ninja
Runaway Ninja


Joined: 24 Aug 2005
Posts: 906
Location: NY


PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2005 3:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dark Ninja wrote:
TylerD wrote:
It's not a full circle in the opposite direction. It's 3/4 ths of a circle. Basically, yer going back to towards, up to down, then you reverse it for almost a full circle. You must also press the F+P together when you see the combo throw prompt on the screen. The length of time that those blue words are on the screen IS THE WINDOW FOR THE MOVE. If you do not pull off the final semicircle and then press F+P together while the " combo throw " prompt is onscreen, the final part of the throw will not work. You will see leaves and the characters begin to twist downward when it does.


so its a half circle going from back to forwards then its another half circle going from up to down then its a full circle starting from down


Close. The final semicircle, which is 1/4 larger than the other 2, starts from back. Now mind you, this is only for the throw. The counters have a back and free or whatever taking the place of the first semicircle in the throw.

The move is meant to be fluid. The circles represent the twisting spiral that is the Izuna. Laughing


Last edited by Lee Woo Jin on Tue Oct 25, 2005 3:05 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ninja Fortress Forum Index -> Videogames General Board All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group