ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in   

Kasumi coming to NG3: Razor's Edge
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ninja Fortress Forum Index -> Ninja Gaiden 3: Razor's Edge
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Female Tengu
Superior Ninja
Superior Ninja

Gamertag: GalaxySpider PSN: GalaxySpider

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 2:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

and tbh, the canon-breaking storyline of DOAD doesn't make sense anyway. So maybe you're right. It could be just some random ninpo copy pasted from DOAD into NG3RE in terms of visual style.
Greater Ninja
Greater Ninja

Gamertag: XBL: kgripper

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 11:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Female Tengu wrote:

The original topic actually was about that you better keep quiet for improvements or wishes because TN will take these requests for making a new game with it. Was more like a sarcastic topic but actually this became true.

Yes I remember reading that discussion and that's probably why I haven't posted links
to the character glitch videos because in truth Kasumi's glitch is so awesome I don't want
them to fix it, it's almost like the character itself is trying to escape the very game they were
created for. (and with the story so bad I don't blame them) Shame tho the gameplay is actually
pretty good, I'm sure it will be found out sooner or later anyway.

As for their marketing strategy, team ninja has been through a lot, so as much as I dislike it
I kind of understand. They're taking a big risk pissing off their core fanbase.
Female Tengu
Superior Ninja
Superior Ninja

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 2:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What do you mean? It can't be worse than NG2's invincibility glitch or NGS2's Rachel's invincibility-spin glitch.
Greater Ninja
Greater Ninja

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 4:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Those were ugly glitches this one I find much more favorable.

From what I've seen Kasumi's Sakura Madoi does not take kindly to enemy AI
that like to camp and spam projectiles, the technique literally hunts them down where ever they are
and it looks like no area is denied to her. Team ninja had to know about this,
I bet they just kept it in because they thought it would be funny Laughing
Female Tengu
Superior Ninja
Superior Ninja

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 5:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So she can teleport out of map?
Greater Ninja
Greater Ninja

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 8:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What's Sakura Madoi? Her version of the Cicada Surge?
gripper
Greater Ninja
Greater Ninja

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 9:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sakura Madoi is Kasumi's teleport counter and yeah she can go off the map with it.
She can even go to parts of the map that haven't loaded up yet, it looks pretty crazy Shocked
Female Tengu
Superior Ninja
Superior Ninja

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 11:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So much for quality control @ TN studios.

But heh "Screw the testing. Here is your Kasumi, DOA fanboys. Now go buy that WiiU!!".
Greater Ninja
Greater Ninja

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 11:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

LOL tengu, your going to get arrested for a hate crime, leave Kasumi alone.
Hayabusa can do it too Razz
Shuhan
Common Ninja
Common Ninja

Gamertag: ShuhanX PSN: ShuhanX

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 12:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Female Tengu wrote:
So much for quality control @ TN studios.

But heh "Screw the testing. Here is your Kasumi, DOA fanboys. Now go buy that WiiU!!".

Every additional playable character is essentially made for the purpose of trying to sell a game or console. You think Ayane is any different? Right, so TN just included her in Sigma 2 with the ability to jiggle her breasts with the controller, but didn't do so with the intentions of her being a gimmick to sell their game lmao. Do you think Hayate doesn't have a fanbase that would purchase a Wii U purely due to his playability? You're singling out Kasumi, and ignoring the fact that virtually any new playable character (male/female, DOA character or not) would ultimately be included for the purpose of generating more sales.
Female Tengu
Superior Ninja
Superior Ninja

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 1:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ayane, Momiji and Rachel in NGS2 were no DLC characters. Not to mention that Ayane was always a part of the new generation NG games. Actually she should be the ONLY fleshed out character besides Ryu. And maybe Rachel, but she is not a ninja, so she doesn't count cauz the games name is Ninja Gaiden, not "Berserk with a huge axe Gaiden". But that's just my opinion.

Anyways, Kasumi purely exists just to milk the fans or do you really think they did that for the sake of gameplay? A shame what NG has become: A hort of pointless single-weapon female characters (and just as you said, even more could come). If they run out of ideas they take the cheapest thing, the idol from DOA, just to sell their NG2.5. And it's sad that some people (here) even defend this kind of "strategy" which makes me sick.
And no it's not just Kasumi(!). Also the zero improvements they made to Ayane in RE are lame and lazy even though she already existed in NGS2 as a playable character. Same counts for Momiji.

Copy & paste. That's what TNs is good at. And than they want another 60$ from you. Just as their crap overpriced DLCs for DOA5 with the embarassing color and costume swaps and copy pastes from older DOA games (not a single outfit from all seven packs includes a brand new one). You could buy an entirely new game for it (or two) and we're not talking from some 4 hours Skyrim expansion here. But god, don't get me started talking about DOA5s DLC and TN "creativity", lol.

@gripper
No, lol. Kasumi can stay where she belongs to, just like ever other future DLC character or female (big breasted) characters they are planning for this series. More tits, more tits, more tits. No, stop that please! How about improving the current characters first? Not just one or two new moves. But of course, without them you obviously can't sell a NG anymore...

/rant end

P.S. @ gripper

NG Kasumi deserves to be raging-mountain-blasted by Ayane xD
Common Ninja
Common Ninja

Gamertag: ShuhanX PSN: ShuhanX

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 7:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's a good point. However, being DLC or not has nothing to do with being a gimmick to make sales. Whether Ayane was originally on-disc in Sigma 2, or if she was free DLC, it doesn't change the fact that she was yet another "sex sells" gimmick. Come on, they literally gave you the ability to shake her over-exposed breasts in the very game she was playable in lol. Same goes for Momiji and Rachel, but Rachel was playable before Sigma 2 came out and already had her sexual personification since she was ever made playable. Ayane and Momiji served virtually the same purpose in Sigma 2 as Kasumi does in RE. At any rate, the playable characters in RE are free DLC anyway, so I see no need to complain. Most likely, they released these characters as DLC after the game's release as a means of giving the game more longevity. It's an annoying tactic, but I've never been the type to complain about free DLC lol.

Let's be honest, even if there were male characters made into playable characters (Genshin, Hayate, Joe Hayabusa, Muramasa, RotM etc), they would still be handled the exact same way as the female characters. They'd all have one weapon, one Ninpo, one projectile, and probably only one or two missions (if any at all). I agree that they should focus on working on general gameplay improvements, but it's not as though they didn't give the original NG3 a complete overhaul as far as gameplay is concerned. True, there are still a few glitches and some frame-rate issues that they need to work on, but it's not as though the gameplay in RE is crap lol.

I agree that they should have made more significant changes to Ayane and Momiji in RE (although, Momiji does have many noticeable changes in her animations and moves much faster at the very least). Trust me, I don't like the fact that Ayane is essentially the same exact character (gameplay wise) as she was in Sigma 2, but I know complaining about it won't change anything unfortunately.

Considering the fact that Rachel played a far more important role in NG's story than any other playable character (other than Ryu obviously lol), and the fact that she was the only other playable character in the first Sigma, she would certainly be the most logical playable character to be fully fleshed out in my opinion. In NG1 all Ayane really did was run errands lol. For me the title having the word "Ninja" in it alone is not a significant reason for Ayane to be playable over Rachel, who was actually relevant to the story.

As for the DOA5 DLC thing....I couldn't agree more with what you're saying lol.

Female Tengu wrote:

Too bad Kasumi would kick her ass before she could ever pull it off Cool
Female Tengu
Superior Ninja
Superior Ninja

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 8:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not defending NGS2 characters, don't get me wrong. They were a noice bonus but many fans were disappointed with their lack of equipment, abilities. And yes, me too. Playing Ayane is fun...for like 10 Minutes and then you beg for some variety. I'm a die hard fan of Ayane, but not denying the flaws.
After NGS1 and NGS2 they had enough time to flesh out one of the two but all they do is repeating what they did before. I mean, I play NG, not Dynasty Warriors where you push buttons to win and only need one weapon.

Quote:
Considering the fact that Rachel played a far more important role in NG's story than any other playable character (other than Ryu obviously lol), and the fact that she was the only other playable character in the first Sigma, she would certainly be the most logical playable character to be fully fleshed out in my opinion. In NG1 all Ayane really did was run errands lol. For me the title having the word "Ninja" in it alone is not a significant reason for Ayane to be playable over Rachel, who was actually relevant to the story.

That's true. But tbh, Rachel played the "we need a busty girl" character role. And swinging hammers only and firing machine guns feels anything but NG or "ninjaish". In terms of design Ayane fits better IMO because her original concept as a ninja character is what stands out.
I still think Rachel would be a great guest character for Soul Calibur, btw.

Quote:
as she was in Sigma 2, but I know complaining about it won't change anything unfortunately.

But accepting everything as it is, isn't the right thing either.

But that's another story...
Greater Ninja
Greater Ninja

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2013 8:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Female Tengu wrote:
Also the zero improvements they made to Ayane in RE are lame and lazy even though she already existed in NGS2 as a playable character.

Awww so this is what this is all about. Don't worry Tengu I'm sure everyone still loves Ayane.....
..Just....Ya know....Not as much as Kasumi Wink

Female Tengu wrote:

Shocked OMG that's too harsh Laughing plus that frikkin' move looks like it hurts, you and Ayane need
counseling.
Female Tengu
Superior Ninja
Superior Ninja

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2013 8:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ayane is my doctor Laughing
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ninja Fortress Forum Index -> Ninja Gaiden 3: Razor's Edge All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 5 of 7

Jump to: