ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in   

Kasumi coming to NG3: Razor's Edge
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ninja Fortress Forum Index -> Ninja Gaiden 3: Razor's Edge
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Female Tengu
Superior Ninja
Superior Ninja

Gamertag: GalaxySpider PSN: GalaxySpider

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2012 5:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Her ninpo is the Sky Torn Blast thing from the DOAD cutscene. It's just a piercing void with another skin.

And different projectiles can be done vis different animations Wink
If TN want they could easily add this to Ryu as well. In Darksiders 2, Death throws his Scythe at the end of a string in different patterns, depending on which combo string you are using.
Greater Ninja
Greater Ninja

Gamertag: XBL: kgripper

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2012 5:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So Badass Twisted Evil
Shuhan
Common Ninja
Common Ninja

Gamertag: ShuhanX PSN: ShuhanX

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2012 5:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That pic is awesome lol.

I wonder why they changed the name of her Ninpo. It's obviously the Torn Sky Blast ninpo, so I don't see the point in giving it a different name. From what I saw in the gameplay vids, it's name is "Rending Wind". It's a cool name and all....but what's the point of giving it a different name if it's virtually the same ninpo she's used in the past? lol.

From what I've heard, Kasumi is relatively difficult to use for some reason. Although, that could be because the people using her aren't used to NG games and are probably playing a NG game for the first time. I just wish someone who's really good at the game would play as her and post a vid of it, so we can see her used to her full potential.
gripper
Greater Ninja
Greater Ninja

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2012 8:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was wondering the same thing, maybe a typo? Or could it be that the slight changes at the end
are enough to label the art as a new technique giving Kasumi full ownership of it.

Yes, I think you have the right of it. She seems very technical and with the addition of her force SOB
she maybe even more so than Ryu. I'm glad team ninja's strategy is working and they're
bringing in new players but yes it would be nice to see more skilled players gameplay Sad

It looks like Kasumi's sword is called Shrouded Moon.....is it named after her?
I remember seeing somewhere that her name means mist or shrouded.
Shrykull
Greater Ninja
Greater Ninja

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2012 2:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
It's just a piercing void with another skin.

No it's not. There is a radius attack at the end.

At for projectiles, the thing is, I think I get it: seeing this vid the WS†seems to be launched by pressing O on-landing or holding O on the ground. Or something.

But yeah they could have done something similar for Ryu.
mohsin117
Head Ninja
Head Ninja

Gamertag: mohsin117 PSN: mohsin117

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2012 3:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

from what i remember of DOAD Kasumi's ninpo was never specifically named as the Torn Sky i think we just naturally assumed it was, just like people thought that the sword she has in DOA is Hayate's which i was always sceptical about because there was nothing to suggest that it was Hayate's to start off with

im glad they didn't call it the TSB cos it leaves the TSB for Hayate, and Rending Wind is not a bad name
Superior Ninja
Superior Ninja

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 12:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shrykull wrote:
Quote:
It's just a piercing void with another skin.

No it's not. There is a radius attack at the end

yeah, what a difference. It's just as "different" as Momijis ninpo and Ryu's Inferno.

Quote:
from what i remember of DOAD Kasumi's ninpo was never specifically named as the Torn Sky i think we just naturally assumed it was

But obviously it is the same technique cauz Hayate used the same attack on Raidou. And Kasumi also used it in DOAD on Raidou and he used the same technique again. Hayate and Kasumi are childs of the leader family of their clan so obviously they learned the same traditional super secret clan leader whatsoever ninpo, lol.
But tbh, "Sky Torn Blast" sounds like an attack from a Pokemon and maybe that was the reason why they renamed it.
Common Ninja
Common Ninja

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 12:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Torn Sky Blast debuted in Dead or Alive 2 Ultimate, which came out years before NG2 and the Piercing Void. So if anything, Piercing Void looks like Torn Sky Blast with a different skin, not the other way around lol. Torn Sky Blast came first, so it's a little unfair to refer to Kasumi's Ninpo as "Piercing Void with a different skin".

Here's some more gameplay vids of Kasumi. These guys still don't seem to be greatly skilled with using her, but they do seem to use a few more of her techniques.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sudgDD3jUOg
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xZBSpVGUj3Y

Seems like every single person that uses her finds two or three combos that they're comfortable with and just sticks with them for the most part. Still waiting for some NG masters to post vids, but oh well lol....
Female Tengu
Superior Ninja
Superior Ninja

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 6:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shuhan wrote:
Torn Sky Blast debuted in Dead or Alive 2 Ultimate, which came out years before NG2 and the Piercing Void. So if anything, Piercing Void looks like Torn Sky Blast with a different skin, not the other way around lol. Torn Sky Blast came first, so it's a little unfair to refer to Kasumi's Ninpo as "Piercing Void with a different skin".

Well anyway. It's a pink beam. At least the piercing void had some nice effects like the floating rocks and the actual sphere looked nice too. It was an obvious and boring idea for a ninpo, just the like character idea itself. Her movement doesn't look very unique except for some teleports which are sometimes just part of an attack string, and she has that Ryu'ish feeling for some reason (many animations are nearly identical).

Ns she is just ANOTHER girl. Why not a male character for a DLC?
Greater Ninja
Greater Ninja

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 11:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Female Tengu
Superior Ninja
Superior Ninja

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 4:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

*starts bvtch* Bad cosplay. Have seen better xD
Common Ninja
Common Ninja

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 9:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That cosplay still looks much better than the one in that DoA movie....ugh that movie was so dreadful....lol
gripper
Greater Ninja
Greater Ninja

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 10:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lmao, just joking tengu I actually find your Kasumi hate quite amusing
but at the same time....I don't know...kind of appropriate, it must be your signature lol.

The frame rate in this game must be addressed. Ryu and Kasumi have game breaking techniques.
But I'd rather they deal with the frame rate stuff first as I don't mind the glitches for the characters and
they should be quick fixes anyway.

I think that Kasumi cosplay is very cute ( ^_^)
Female Tengu
Superior Ninja
Superior Ninja

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 1:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

gripper wrote:
Lmao, just joking tengu I actually find your Kasumi hate quite amusing
but at the same time....I don't know...kind of appropriate, it must be your signature lol.

It's not my Kasumi hate. It's my general dislike about TN and their current marketing of the NG franchise.

Offtopic, but if you are interested in:

The original topic actually was about that you better keep quiet for improvements or wishes because TN will take these requests for making a new game with it. Was more like a sarcastic topic but actually this became true.

Quote:

TN betrays first buyers (not with just one game, or series) and they keep doing it and the fans even say "thank you, TN" by buying the crappy DLC edit: + these rerereremake games.

Newer system or handheld = instant port of their only two major franchises
The NG series has already more remakes than original games and that's ridicolous and a shame. Instead of improving they are releasing a remake shortly after and try to milk fans. TN never did that before. A remake is totally ok but it's getting old now.

And do you know what makes me really sad about all that?
That I don't bother with a new TN release anymore. Let it be a DOA6 or maybe NG4. I'm starting to think about not even buying a TN game @ release cauz THERE WILL BE a better version 6 months later. It makes me very sad and angry at the same time. I never had that feeling with another franchise before. And I hate what TNs marketing has become now.

So, tbh, TN can keep their boring Kasumi DLC, her boring looking fightying style and her even more boring weapon etc. which is just there to sell that WiiU. The game will flop anyway on that console.
Head Ninja
Head Ninja

Gamertag: mohsin117 PSN: mohsin117

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 1:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="Female Tengu"]
Shrykull wrote:

Quote:
from what i remember of DOAD Kasumi's ninpo was never specifically named as the Torn Sky i think we just naturally assumed it was

But obviously it is the same technique cauz Hayate used the same attack on Raidou. And Kasumi also used it in DOAD on Raidou and he used the same technique again. Hayate and Kasumi are childs of the leader family of their clan so obviously they learned the same traditional super secret clan leader whatsoever ninpo, lol.
But tbh, "Sky Torn Blast" sounds like an attack from a Pokemon and maybe that was the reason why they renamed it.

again sounds more like assumption then anything, we don't know that it was taught to them, for all we know its only handed down to the leader of the clan, but that being said that would explain DOAD

but like i say it was never stated to be the TSB and looking at NG3ER and assuming she is using the same technique we were wrong to say that she used the TSB in DOA, and thats just in regards to the DOAD telling of the story, in the original DOA she never even used a Ninpo to kill Raidou, so for all we know she doesn't even know TSB

i think its better if she doesn't know the the TSB cos it gives it that exclusivity and uniqueness not only to tghe TSB but to Kasumiís own ninpo
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ninja Fortress Forum Index -> Ninja Gaiden 3: Razor's Edge All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 4 of 7

Jump to: