ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in   

Ninja Gaiden 3: Razor Edge General Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 11, 12, 13  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ninja Fortress Forum Index -> Ninja Gaiden 3: Razor's Edge
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Shrykull
Greater Ninja
Greater Ninja

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2013 3:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anyone knows how I can change the weapon/character in training mode? Every time I go in it, I'm with the unknown ninja and the sword…
Female Tengu
Superior Ninja
Superior Ninja

Gamertag: GalaxySpider PSN: GalaxySpider

PostPosted: Thu May 02, 2013 10:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can't change your character in sparring mode. They only appear there, if you start a mission with them (and the dummy A.I. is always one of the mission enemies then).
Greater Ninja
Greater Ninja

PostPosted: Fri May 03, 2013 11:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Seems that way… well, I understood how to change the weapon at least.

I tried to do clan battles today. That's… interesting… and completely messy… as long as I'm fighting against one opponent it's fine and fun (even though the stunned state lasts awfully long after you're hit), but as soon as there are more than 3 people duking it out, I can't make out what I or the others are doing. It's very easy to die, and you can even be dismembered (and try a grab with the "red glow", as if you were a mook). ò.Ô Some guys seemed to enjoy killing me over and over again. They ask me to chose two weapons, so I suppose you can switch between the two during the mission, but I have no idea how. The falcon dive is as it should have been in story mode: not a "slow-time event", you chose when to activate it and when to kill your prey. The maps are pretty well made, you have plenty of places to hide, to observe, to shoot, to ambush…

But there is just something wrong that ruins the experience. I had too often the impression that I couldn't do anything to retaliate, and not only because of an experience gap. I can't count the number of times I was one-hit-killed out of nowhere. There were quite a few glitches too. And frankly, I never particularly cared about my "teammates".

I think that overall, it illustrates the problem with fighting human players in such a game : fighting an AI with limited capacities and a predetermined pattern is a thing; fighting actual humans who have a brain and the same arsenal and techniques as you, poses serious problems of balance when it comes to defence. It's a pity because there are some really nice ideas on the paper… but I'm not sure it can work as long as the players are humans…

Maybe a "one-on-one duel" mode could work though…

PS: Also, what the heck are these online scores? Shocked No matter how perfectly you play, you can't score 99 999 999 in a single mission, or even an entire playthrough. Or ten. Do they have NG2's karma counting system in some countries or what?
gripper
Greater Ninja
Greater Ninja

Gamertag: XBL: kgripper

PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2013 8:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've discovered a way to walk while in sense the correct path mode.

-fire a single arrow with right trigger (xbox) then while the bow is still out
walk slowly and press down on the right thumb stick. (you can do the opposite too)

Yep still the best.......
Female Tengu
Superior Ninja
Superior Ninja

PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2013 5:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Does that only work with bow-characters?
Greater Ninja
Greater Ninja

PostPosted: Sat May 18, 2013 3:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, it works with Unknown shinobi and Ryu...................OMG

I forgot about Momiji....how could I not try it with her.....Tengu it's up to you!!!!
Shrykull
Greater Ninja
Greater Ninja

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2013 12:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good god, I'm pulverizing all my scores with Ayane in CC mode. ò.Ô I thought she was the weakest character, but she can actually wreak some serious havoc. Her UT is surprisingly effective, both as a radius attack and a single target attack (since you can finish it with a drop). She has ultra-fast charge attacks − some of them can dismember and obliterate small mooks with one swift move. And her SSSSTTT combo eats Van Gelfs for breakfast, which really doesn't hurt. Too bad that her flying swallow doesn't break the alchemists' shields for some reason.
gripper
Greater Ninja
Greater Ninja

PostPosted: Sat May 25, 2013 12:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I couldn't stop laughing when I saw people calling her weak.

I don't get it, how can they not tell from the demo how capable she is,
she plays like an old school Ninja Gaiden character.

Shes soo fast her recovery frames don't even matter
she can SOB through the armored soldiers shields because the first hit knocks it away. (only scythe Ryu can do that)

Her kunai can delimb, have splash damage and can be used in aerial combos. (throws two off the wall)

Did I mention her speed......well it kills put that together with her iframes and she doesn't need a cicada surge (but they still should have given her a butterfly twist type dodge or something)

She has two blades...and if you watch closely that chaining OT nonsense is just her delimbing the enemy and OT at the same time you can feel the multiple hits in the joystick, almost all of the characters have a move that can do that, hell NG3 vanilla had somthing like that with SOB but no one really took the time to learn the new mechanics, lol at people still doing on landing UT. (not that I blame them that game sucked)

Ayane didn't seem get as much flash as the other characters because everything they gave her is subtle, just the fact that she is so fast is a killer. Her -->xxy murders chimeras its soo fast it can even get the SOB in
and the first two hits of that knocks RED grab solders off balance. Her flying swallow might not break the alchemist shield but her running Y and her forward Y can and those both lead to set ups.

I won't even mention the 360 Y moves I'm sure everyone knows by now.

Ayane weak? Short end of the stick? Nahaaa She's a monster I used to see girls like her at school......they were called bullies.
.....Your lunch money please....
LightBen
Ninja Dog
Ninja Dog

PostPosted: Tue May 28, 2013 12:50 am    Post subject: Gameplay... Reply with quote

Hi everyone =)

I got the demo of NG3RE on PS3 because of nice souvenir of Sigma 1, and I would like to know some details about gameplay...

1) The most amazing: sometimes, pushing Triangle, Ryu is cutting one opponent in slow motion, and again triangle, another enemy, etc... how does this come?

2) Square + Triangle two times doesn't always remove the head of the enemy, just throwing him... Why?

3) How can I play well? I mean by that how can I make nice combos without being stopped, and charge easily (charge = like when I let Triangle on)

4) Sometimes, Ryu's arm becomes red, and pushing Triangle only a single moment permits him to activate the ultimate attack... how can I make it red like that?

5) How work the Ninpos? I understood that more I kill, more yellow I have in the second bar, and when I do it, may be I need to target, and then, it gives me more life.

6) Is there a difference of power between the different weapons?

7) Sometimes Ryu's body becomeis surrounded by a yellow light... what is it? is it related to Ninpo?

It's already a good beginning... thank you guys =)
mohsin117
Head Ninja
Head Ninja

Gamertag: mohsin117 PSN: mohsin117

PostPosted: Tue May 28, 2013 7:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

LightBen wrote:
1) The most amazing: sometimes, pushing Triangle, Ryu is cutting one opponent in slow motion, and again triangle, another enemy, etc... how does this come?

that’s Steal on Bone (SoB) when you see the red glow on enemies (usually their throw attack) counter it with ^ and they will give you the slow motion attack and if there’s other enemies nearby the attack will move on to the next enemy and you can string it like that

LightBen wrote:
2) Square + Triangle two times doesn't always remove the head of the enemy, just throwing him... Why?
im not sure what you mean here, [ ] ^ is used to lift the enemy and then you can go into a throw

LightBen wrote:
3) How can I play well? I mean by that how can I make nice combos without being stopped, and charge easily (charge = like when I let Triangle on)
there’s no real right way to answer this, the advice i would give is find a weapon you're comfortable with, and take out projectile enemies straight away, they are very easy to kill they have the least amount of health they will go down when hit with one arrow or just a single attack, also listen out for “beginning operations” when you hear that that means that the projectile enemies have joint the fight,

as for charging we call it UT, if you jump and just as you hit the ground hold down ^ you'll skipp a small bit of the charge animation like when Ryu pulls the sword back its very little, also you just gotta learn the enemies how fast they are, like the big meat gorilla enemies between attacks they leave enough time for you to change a lvl.1 UT and as you upgrade the weapons you'll get the ability to charge longer for a bigger pay off

LightBen wrote:
4) Sometimes, Ryu's arm becomes red, and pushing Triangle only a single moment permits him to activate the ultimate attack... how can I make it red like that?

i still don't know how it works, just kill and it comes

LightBen wrote:
5) How work the Ninpos? I understood that more I kill, more yellow I have in the second bar, and when I do it, may be I need to target, and then, it gives me more life.

yeah its called Ki just killing fills the bar, UTs won't fill it or fills it very little you got to use normal attacks,

the Luna Staff you can’t do SoB with it but you can get ridiculous Ki with it, the staff fills it the fastest, but i don't think the staff is in the demo

really only the dragon ninpo with i don't think is in the demo is the only one worth using against enemies, use the Ki for meditation i found you get more health back from meditation then ninpo

you don't have to target the ninpo, it will do it itself, personally i never target cos im more likely to miss, as for the amount of health it gives you that will increase as you upgrade, also using it on the boss deals out little damage for little health return,

LightBen wrote:
6) Is there a difference of power between the different weapons?

not really, you can fight any enemy with any weapon i think people will say this is stronger than that, but really comes down to the player someone might be better with the staff and not the scythe but then someone else might be the other way round, that being said sword is if any is the one i would say you should fall back on if you're having trouble

personally with NG3RE im having hell with the Scythe i just can't get a hang of it, but killed everything with the claws, and also the staff is brilliant, in NG2 i loved the Kusari Gama i still want to play more with it in NG3RE be for making a decision about it

there are some in’s and outs with each weapon like how much damage a UT deals out but i would say it jsut comes down to the player and the only power that comes into question with the weapons it the upgrade level.

LightBen wrote:
7) Sometimes Ryu's body becomeis surrounded by a yellow light... what is it? is it related to Ninpo?

after a SoB you get the yellow that gives back a bit of life
Greater Ninja
Greater Ninja

PostPosted: Wed May 29, 2013 6:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Heh, I found out two funny things while playing in Hard.

1. With the kusarigama you can Izuna Drop the jetpack guys, even when they are in the air (>jump+TST).

2. You can take down these same jetpack guys with a single arrow if you aim for the engines in slow-mo mode (R3 while aiming). The third part of the Helicopter boss suddenly became a lot less tedious after I understood that.

Also, there is something weird with the first Regent fight: in the warm-up phase he uses only slow, simple and predictable attacks, yet I always lose an insane amount of health, while I barely take any damage in the second, supposedly harder part of the fight…
gripper
Greater Ninja
Greater Ninja

PostPosted: Thu May 30, 2013 6:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

that's funny I have to try to izuna those jetpack clowns Laughing
Shrykull
Greater Ninja
Greater Ninja

PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2014 4:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Done! I've finally beat Master Ninja mode. That was fun and tedious at the same time. Fun because I had to explore my weapons, combos and special moves thoroughly (I found out how to use the Cicada Surge effectively for example), but also tedious because problems that didn't really bug me in easier difficulties became blatant here -- notably the post-dodge lag and the random lock-on. The latter became especially annoying against enemies that dodge a lot like snake-chimeras and alchemists. So yeah, these are the first issues to be adressed in NG4.

Also, the Regent of the Mask becomes surprisingly easy to deal with once you've learned his pattern perfectly. I've read a lot that he's cheap, but that's not the case at all: you just need to observe him a lot and not rush to attack thoughtlessly. The Goddess was just painful though.
ZeroRenzo
Expert Ninja
Expert Ninja

PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2014 7:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is this place dead Very Happy ? It's been like 4 years or so since I logged in here.

How's Razor's Edge compared to NG1 or NG2 ? I wanna know from actual long time fans.
Female Tengu
Superior Ninja
Superior Ninja

PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2014 2:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Razor's Edge pretty much is a Sigma 2 with the Story from NG3 (which I find good for a NG game, especially because of the Regent). Only difference is that Razor's Edge isn't as good NG1 or NG2....well IMO it's better than NG2 (cauz I like Sigma 2 more) but not better than Sigma 2. Characters aren't as responsive as in NG1 and NG2. And while there is some new stuff, like the Cicada Teleport or the 360 Shuriken attack, and some drastic changes they did with the SOB system, Razor's Edge cant really achieve the same quality gameplay wise as the older NGs.

But yeah, at least Razor's Edge is playable. It's a huge improvement over NG3 (cauz they basically copied NG2/NGS2 elements in here). I guess you don't do anything wrong with playing Razor's Edge.

Multiplayer sucks, as it did in NG3 : p
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ninja Fortress Forum Index -> Ninja Gaiden 3: Razor's Edge All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 11, 12, 13  Next
Page 12 of 13

Jump to: