ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in   

Ninja Gaiden 3: Razor Edge General Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12, 13  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ninja Fortress Forum Index -> Ninja Gaiden 3: Razor's Edge
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Nok_su_kow
Ninja Dog
Ninja Dog

PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2013 9:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, it's night and day when playing NG2 and Razor's Edge back to back.

You can't play like NG2 at all, which when combined with the targeting mentioned does add some artificial difficulty.

But I am glad it's not only me who experiences the recovery after:

-Sliding while holding L1/Ltrigger
-Then watching (and waiting) as Ryu gets up and assumes a block position, leaving him vulnerable, because no i-frames.

^
That is what I'm talking about, and it's completely slow and anti-NG without those i-frames IMO. Sure you can adjust, but the result I feel is not very satisfying.
gripper
Greater Ninja
Greater Ninja

Gamertag: XBL: kgripper

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2013 6:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hear you Nok.
I also noticed that when I use the wind path and
a rocket launcher enemy is around they instantly reload Mad
I hope that this is just a demo thing and not in the full game.
They can keep Ryu's Lvl-2 Jin-Ranmaru infinite SOB though

Edit: I also forgot to note that you can go into another slide animation
faster than you can go into a guard animation.
Female Tengu
Superior Ninja
Superior Ninja

Gamertag: GalaxySpider PSN: GalaxySpider

PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2013 11:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nok_su_kow wrote:

It's clear any latency, especially that slide, is a holdover from the multiplayer balancing. If everyone in the multiplayer controlled like NG2 Ryu, it would be broken, we can safely say that this is a fact.

It's annoying as fvck and shouldn't be in SP. There is no really excuse for that.
Greater Ninja
Greater Ninja

PostPosted: Fri Apr 05, 2013 3:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Got the full game yesterday (40€). I just finished Ayane's first mission.

About what wasn't in the demo:
-The cricle shuriken throw is surprisingly useful for crowd control, as long as the enemies aren't cops or big fiends. There are a few recovery frames after it, but it seems the attack itself provides i-frames (not unlike the DCTF's cricle attack).
-Unlike NG2, the tests of valor are fun to do... like in NG1 there are fun to do the first few times but can get tiring pretty quickly. I'm not opposed to mid-chapter secret missions (it's a convention of Japanse BTAs after all), but I'd like Ninja Gaiden to have other types of secret missions than just "slaughter an army of enemies". There is already story mode for that, thank you.
-Doku is not as easy as it looks in the videos (his attacks deal a lot of damage), but still not particularly hard. Once I stopped trying to combo him to death like an idiot, his attacks were easy to avoid - except his double dash maybe.
-Volf seemed slightly harder than in NG2; he blocked and countered more often I think. He is also immune to UTs.
-Zedonius on the other hand is a bit easier, because he was stripped of the one attack that made him a pain to fight: the stomp. It's still there but it's much easier to avoid; as in, actually possible to avoid without i-frames.
-The Van Gelfs are as grab-happy as ever (and immune to SoB), but much harder to dismember. Still a lot of fun to fight.
-I like the little puzzles to access the crystal skulls. They are simple, but just stopping for a moment and looking for a way to reach the area is a breath of fresh air amidst all this fighting. Especially the one in Ayane's mission. I thought I was back in NG1 for a second there. Something to elaborate on in an hypothetical NG4 I think.
-Speaking of which, it's obvious they put a lot more effort in the level design of the Paris mission. You can backtrack, there is a jumping puzzle, a bit of exploration, you can really use the environment... it's not much, but it shows just how much the utter lack of such things hurts the experience of NG3.
-The REgent of the Mask has no warm-up phase this time around, he is in brutal mode from the get-go. The sword's counter-attack is very effective at first, but he starts to dodge it as the fight progresses.
-The life-upgrade kind of functions like the Life of the Gods in NG2: a precious, single-use "healing item" that you should keep for when you're in a pinch.
-The horrible slowdowns of the London mission have finally been fixed. I can't complain about that.
-The fights are slightly shorter than in Vanilla I think (especially the second fight in London). Slightly. There are also more passages where you have to fight just two or three enemies around a corner.

Also, I regret that Ayane doesn't really have any special move of her own... Kasumi has her grab and her Sakura-madoi, Momiji has her double-jump and her mini-Ninpo, Ryu has his Guillotine Throw and air-aiming... Ayane has just her weapons...
Hicho9
Lesser Ninja
Lesser Ninja

PostPosted: Fri Apr 05, 2013 12:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great post Shrykull.

I am hugely pleased with the final game release for the 360. The performance and visuals are just superb.

Everything about the game is just SO incredibly improved from vanilla NG3. The combat is just so much fun and satisfying again like in the past. Honestly, if it were not for the few residual issues left over from vanilla NG3 (the uninspired boss and level designs at times) and the slight sluggishness to Ryu's movement sometimes, this game would now easily match NG2 for me.

The new Day 2 Ayane mission is an excellent addition---it showcases some great level design again! This really encourages me that Team Ninja has also listened to what makes for good NG levels.
alldin
Greater Ninja
Greater Ninja

Gamertag: TM Nozox

PostPosted: Fri Apr 05, 2013 12:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I love the game, happy with the purchase... Smile

I didn't get any DLC pre-order costumes, and I pre-ordered it 2 weeks ago.
Anyone else with the same prob? I just got the Online pass? Sad
mohsin117
Head Ninja
Head Ninja

Gamertag: mohsin117 PSN: mohsin117

PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2013 6:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ayane really got the short end didn't she, no Ki abilities not even a projectile UT

and the bloody BotAF broke! that was really cool weapon too bad it never got its own moves it was always a skin, i really hope we see it back in the future, typical Ryu braking his toys first the Dark Dragon and now BotAF
Superior Ninja
Superior Ninja

PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2013 11:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeah, my baby got no special move. She can't even launch the Ryu clones and Genshin (first form) which annoys me the most. All the other characters can do this. But I don't really care for projectile UTs. Seems pointless in this game with enemies and their health levels.

Kasumis Ukifune is unbelievable broken, lol. She can launch enemies and Izuna Drop them, where other characters have to weaken them first. She can even initiate SoBs of her own(!) this way and you don't have to wait for an enemie's specific attack/grab.
Greater Ninja
Greater Ninja

PostPosted: Fri Apr 12, 2013 3:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

In the demo I'm pretty sure tougher enemies could avoid Kasumi's grab (tactical ninjas, notably). ò.Ô The launch SoB seemed quite hard to do too, I managed it only once, unwittingly. I didn't try her in the full game yet though, maybe it's been made easier…

The max-upgraded Kusarigama eats alchemists for breakfast. I love it. Still not a big fan of the scythe though − except the boomerang attack. The Lunar is pretty devastating too, even if it has no SoB attack (it's a single-target counter instead).

The T-Rex is better than in Vanilla in the first part of the fight… and worse in the second part, since it trips much less often, but you can't attack its legs this time. I don't know if there is a special tactics to make it fall, but I didn't find it, making the end of the fight unnecessarily long.

The second Ayane mission may be the best in the game… it's the only mission where you're never in a closed arena fighting endless waves of enemies (except on the boat at the end), which gives it a much better pace. I wish they had done the same thing with the other levels.

Also, I'm glad they kept the fact that BS Ninjas run to you when dismembered instead of crawling. Razz
mohsin117
Head Ninja
Head Ninja

PostPosted: Fri Apr 12, 2013 4:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i glad they bought back the projectile UT, but yeah there really isn't any use for it, in NG2 there was actual places to use it,

iv found all the Crystal Skulls and beat a few of them, now im playing the levels again in Chapter Challenge but the skulls are still there, is the any why of knowing with one have already been beaten?
Superior Ninja
Superior Ninja

PostPosted: Fri Apr 12, 2013 12:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nope, there is no way to check out the skull-trials you've already cleared. You have to write it down or remember the ones you finished, unfortunately.

But on the good side, if you played "Hard" first and had trouble with some of the skull-trials, you can switch to an easier difficulty in chapter challenge mode (or on your next story playthrough), finish the reamining trials and it will still count for the trophy/achievement.

@Shrykull

Yeah, the stronger enemies can evade/block the Ukifune throw sometimes, but the chances for a successful grab is still veeeery high. On the the Sword-Alchemists it works nearly everytime.

The only humanoid enemies who can completely ignore the grab are the human-Genshin(s) and the Ryu clones (both versions). It would be cool if every other character had a similar throw (because that's what I always wanted in NG...more ground, non-weapon related grabs). But of course, it should consume KI energy in exchange for its power. Kasumis Ukifune doesn't and IMO that's a bit over-the-top xD

Last edited by Female Tengu on Fri Apr 12, 2013 2:20 pm; edited 1 time in total
Shrykull
Greater Ninja
Greater Ninja

PostPosted: Fri Apr 12, 2013 2:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Heh, something that would be fun would be the possibility to fight bare-handed. Razz Since the series has already covered every possible ninja weapon (except maybe the chain)…

Well, for the moment I'm with Momiji, and damn, the animation of her UT may be the same as most UTs in the game, but the range of her weapon isn't. Laughing You can decimate quite a few enemies with it at level 3. The double jump has been made more useful, the double jump-TT combo is ideal for crowd control. The mini-ninpo is a nice addition too, you can activate it literally anytime as long as you have enough ki… having a "small" and a "big" version of the ninpo may be an idea to explore in a sequel… the Naginata is quite devastating in general, especially against bosses.

I found the test of valor of Day 3… hum, Doku seemed to be the same as in NG1, but I don't remember Alma being that slow. Even considering she hasn't given me any trouble for a long time in Sigma (I can beat her in under a minute with no damage on a good day).
Female Tengu
Superior Ninja
Superior Ninja

PostPosted: Fri Apr 12, 2013 2:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

But wht exactly is the point of her mini-ninpo? Everytime I use it, nothing happens, lol and only a tiny fireball appears for like 0.0001 second around her. Can you shoot the fireball?
Greater Ninja
Greater Ninja

PostPosted: Fri Apr 12, 2013 2:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You must use it when you're surrounded closely by enemies. It will put them on flames and stun them. If you use it with no one around, indeed it only makes a tiny flame. Razz
mohsin117
Head Ninja
Head Ninja

PostPosted: Fri Apr 12, 2013 4:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

is there a vid or something showing all the unknown ninja skills, i doubt im going to get them all so i just want to see them

iv actually been paling alto of the game, on chapter challenge with out non of the nonsense story it alto better, finished once through with Kasumi and started with Ayane now, also need to start playing the PS3 version
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ninja Fortress Forum Index -> Ninja Gaiden 3: Razor's Edge All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12, 13  Next
Page 11 of 13

Jump to: