ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in   

Ninja Gaiden 3: Razor's Edge (Update: Hands-on Impressions)
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ninja Fortress Forum Index -> Ninja Gaiden 3: Razor's Edge
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Keylay
Legendary Ninja
Legendary Ninja

Gamertag: Keylay
NG - Emblem (Amount: 1) NGB - Master (Amount: 1) NGDS - The Eye of the Dragon (Amount: 1) NGS - Sigma (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2012 9:35 am    Post subject: Ninja Gaiden 3: Razor's Edge (Update: Hands-on Impressions) Reply with quote

E3 is happening now so we may be able to see what changes they are making to the game. They showed a snippet of the gameplay at the Nintendo Press conference and Ryu has his Art of the Wind Blades ninpo.

UPDATE:

Quote:
Unique Wii U controls – During single-player mode, players can enjoy faster and more fluid action by using the touch screen of the Wii U GamePad controller to select weapons, execute Ninpo, see in-game information and much more.

New Weapons and Ninpo Types – Exclusive to the Wii U version, the game includes six weapon types and three Ninpo types, allowing for greater game-play variation and deeper strategy.

Character/Weapon Progression System – Using the Karma points earned during game play, a player can upgrade his weapons and Ninpo and increase the character HP level.

Faster, More Intense Battles – Improved enemy AI, the return of dismemberment, as well as new enemy types and battle areas have been added for greater variety in battles and increased replay value.

http://e3.nintendo.com/games/#/wiiu/ninja-gaiden

Hands-on Update:

So I got to go to E3 today. I wore my Ninja Gaiden Black t-shirt. I didn't play too much, mainly because I was having a ton a fun with DOA5. I got to use the dual swords and they are pretty cool. Steel on bone chaining seemed more frequent. I got 5 in a row at one point. You can't auto-lock on with the bow in the air anymore. You can only do it from the ground. You can still jump and shoot. You just can't do the slow motion zoom while in the air. Full circle Y with the scythe is still invincible and you can still spam that move. And of course, you can chop off limbs again. Feels pretty much the same though. I only got to play the second level. There was some slowdown but it's just the E3 build. No more dragon ninpo. I started off with the three fireballs from NG2 and I got the wind ninp after going to a save point (falcon). The Wii U controller is kind of cool. You can change your weapons and everything from it. And the screen looks pretty nice. The QTEs are still in. I got one when an enemy popped out of the sand and when you have jump from the building to avoid the missile.

I also saw Hayashi and got to take a picture with him.

Last edited by Keylay on Thu Jun 07, 2012 9:12 pm; edited 3 times in total
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Nok_su_kow
Ninja Dog
Ninja Dog

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2012 9:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Old content becoming new and exciting again ftw! Oh, new Team Ninja.
Shrykull
Greater Ninja
Greater Ninja

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2012 11:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can see the few seconds here.
http://www.jeuxvideo.com/news/2012/00059066-e3-2012-line-up-des-jeux-wii-u.htm

We see two things : wind-blade ninpo, and dismemberments. A bit weird to backpedal on the dismemberments, I hardly see how it can work together with SoB…
Keylay
Legendary Ninja
Legendary Ninja

NG - Emblem (Amount: 1) NGB - Master (Amount: 1) NGDS - The Eye of the Dragon (Amount: 1) NGS - Sigma (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2012 2:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Updated the first post. Hmmm... to buy a Wii U or not? I wonder if they'll make an update for the Xbox 360 and PS3 versions.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Nok_su_kow
Ninja Dog
Ninja Dog

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2012 4:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Did they update NG2 with Sigma 2 content? No, they abandoned and focused on Sigma 2. This was made at the same time NG3 was made, so they omitted stuff on purpose just so the WiiU can have a better showing.

"People don't want to see [dismemberment]" my foot.
mohsin117
Head Ninja
Head Ninja

Gamertag: mohsin117 PSN: mohsin117

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2012 5:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OMG WTF goes through TN's head, i just cant friking understand,
now im not complaining about this but just got to know the thought process behind it all, all that bullshit they fed us about cutting and focusing on the sword just gone completely out the window, i cant wait to hear the crap Hayahsi is going to peddle out the explain him self cos he's going to have to eat all that crap he spouted out to explain the decisions of NG3

honestly TN this is things that where in the game from the being it's sounding like there going to bring back more old content then add new content

im still not soled on NG3RE, NG3 is just way to fvck up to be fixed, i doubt there going to redo the combat system just adding more weapons to it isn't going to fix it and nether is dismemberment,

and even if the redo everything you still got at truly horrific story

im not going to make the same mistake with NG3RE that i did with NGS2 and NG3 where i backed up TN and stayed positive hoping that the game would at the very least be a good game, well screw you TN for screwing me
Ninja Dog
Ninja Dog

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2012 6:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's all old content, old ideas but taken out then brought back again like it was all new.

It's like in comic books where they kill off a character, they make you miss them, then surprise! Back again, ready to ask for your subscription to their resurrection.

And second release in less than one year's time. Can you think of a developer who pulled that off recently?
mohsin117
Head Ninja
Head Ninja

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2012 6:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I said it before TN are just the most lazy developer out there, they constantly putting out old games as new games, they already started talking about a NGS3 and lets face it we going to get a NGS2+

and now they taking out content only to bring it back and what you want to bet they going to be acting like they making new innovations to the franchise
Legendary Ninja
Legendary Ninja

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2012 11:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

They tried to do something new with Ninja Gaiden 3 and they failed. But they had already planned on a Wii U release and there was no way that they could release it at it's current state. I bet they looked at every review and saw a bunch of complaints (weapons, dismemberment, bugs, etc) and now they are trying their best to fix it.
Shrykull
Greater Ninja
Greater Ninja

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2012 2:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Although it does look like they had planned to do all this from the beginning… even though I enjoyed NG3, that's a bit cheap of them.
mohsin117
Head Ninja
Head Ninja

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2012 5:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aSBqRXcKLN4&feature=related

it still looks half assed, it's NGS2 style dismemberment with limbs disappearing, you cant polish a turd
also that's BotAF and Jinrann being duel welded
Greater Ninja
Greater Ninja

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2012 5:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nope, you can see arms on the ground and bodies cut in two. I just don't see the point, contrary to NG2 it's not part of the combat system, it's just to say "You wanted dismemberments? Now you have them!"

The dual katana UT looks badass.

edit: uh, looking more closely, it is actually NG2's system with suicide attacks… so they're basically throwing out the widow all of NG3's orientation. Oh well, they can do what they want, it's their game I suppose…
mohsin117
Head Ninja
Head Ninja

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2012 5:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

it looked like the arms vanished and the looked like NGS2 style mist but in red, there where the still torsos and legs

and yeah its no longer a game mechanic like in NG2/S2 but its good they got it and it also looked looked like a guy was walking around missing an arm
Greater Ninja
Greater Ninja

Gamertag: TM Nozox

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2012 5:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like Ninja Gaiden 3, but wasnt it like clear enough for Hayashi that people wanted all this before the PS3/360 version?

The problem Team Ninja is getting in to is that most of NG fans are obviously 360/PS3 owners.... by releasing the version including all DLC plus more stuff... to a new console thats about to get released.

Couldnt Hayashi atleast prepared a Plan B with a patchfile DLC for the 360/ps3 owners before it even got released?
Shrykull
Greater Ninja
Greater Ninja

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2012 6:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's what I was wondering too. Well, maybe he will do just that… but I rather think we're heading straight to a Sigma 3.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ninja Fortress Forum Index -> Ninja Gaiden 3: Razor's Edge All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: