ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in   

Nasty Grabbing 3: Unresponsive Controls Edition

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ninja Fortress Forum Index -> Ninja Gaiden 3: Razor's Edge
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sath
Shadow Ninja
Shadow Ninja

Gamertag: PSN: ISathI
NGS - Sigma (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2012 5:02 am    Post subject: Nasty Grabbing 3: Unresponsive Controls Edition Reply with quote

Seriously i played Normal and finished it, the game is so horribly broken, its as bad as IS spamming, but these enemies do nothing BUT spam their grabs.

I made sure to count one enemy to spam the grabs, did that like 5 times in row, and Regent of the Mask is just horrible to fight against considering he constantly reach his hand out to grab you.

Those big gorilla mutant and the alchemists, there are no words for me to express how sh!it broken they are.

Not only is this such a abononation to play with grab spamming while YOU cant even do one single grab, I bet Fiend Ryu would spam the grab as well if they let him.

And those 4-5 rapid missile soldiers who camp as if it was a FPS, spams like crazy, camping in each corner, who knew Confused

The controls, the worst Ninja Gaiden controls I have come across, and that is NGS2 on the list.
How freaking unresponsive is this piece of trash game? Any veteran knows how past NGs are spot on responsive, but in this one some of the dodges and blocks you try to do is just not there, period.

I got those mutant gorillas spam their grabs 5-6 times in row, coming in multiples and I cant do quick Wind Run's to stun them, matter of fact, you cant even do a Wind Run unless you are absolutely stil or have a good second pause between them while I could use Wind Run in past NGs every few miliseconds rapidly.

I was trying my hardest to like it, but one thing i cant stand in action games is the constant spam grabbing, or spamming period and on top of that the controls being the worse.
There is no way in this life someone can tell me the controls and all its moves are responsive because its definitely not and I am not the only one who thought so as well.

Can it be fixed through a patch? probably, will they, knowing the Ninja Dog Lazyness called Hayashi & Co, highly doubt it.
This game was fun in ninja trials for a few days but now its just a chore to play and I dont think i can get myself to play it, especially with the heartbreakingly bad controls.
gripper
Greater Ninja
Greater Ninja

Gamertag: XBL: kgripper

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2012 5:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

^^ This....I always found it funny how Ryu can parry and counter attack
bladed weapons, but is completely defenseless when an enemy reaches out their bare hand
to grab him Confused
Sath
Shadow Ninja
Shadow Ninja

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2012 5:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ryu is in DOA, he has a few grab moves, why is he grab-less in NG games while enemies are spamming grabs left and right in this game?

Ryu had one grab, Guillotine throw and thats gone, great decision chimps, remove the only and signature grab that isnt the generic izuna drop from the game :/

And another thing, why is Block on trigger but not center camera as well?
I am used to have block and camera center on the triggers on other NG games (360) while I seen the PS3 version has it on the bumpers.

I like Block and camera center to be on the same row on the shoulder buttons like the PS3, its really annoying to the pointI barely use camera center.
They better fix this problem.
vspectra
Greater Ninja
Greater Ninja

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2012 6:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've been reading that sigma 2 has the same grabbing spam problems, which was never a problem in other versions. Lol hayashi and his game design.
Sath
Shadow Ninja
Shadow Ninja

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2012 10:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

vspectra wrote:
I've been reading that sigma 2 has the same grabbing spam problems, which was never a problem in other versions. Lol hayashi and his game design.

Because thats his pathetic idea of "hard" lol

I miss the AI from NG!
They actually has a strategy to come at you, they dont even try to grab you rather then being fast and attack from behind. The good days.
CoolBlackKnight
Greater Ninja
Greater Ninja

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2012 4:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So much negativity I've read around the intrawebz that I just don't want to pick this game up and ruin my memories of Gaiden.

Female Tengu
Superior Ninja
Superior Ninja

Gamertag: GalaxySpider PSN: GalaxySpider

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2012 4:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

well the regent of the mask has weakness. I played on hard first and after dying several times, I found the spot where you can hit him without being counter grabbed.

But the gorillas....dear gooood. Sigma 2 grabs were predictable and had long initial frames + you could stop animations on some enemies (and even block them) but the gorillas... I have nobclue what to do, lol. It really is a broken enemy type.
EDIT: a friend told me the best way to defeat them without being grabbed is the running + 2 x X/Square attack. Still crap enemies...

But what me annoys the most is that even the X button now triggers OTs..... I hate that. There is not a single enemy you can kill without an OT. The SoBs, I dont mind them but I wish you could turn off the X/Square OTs.

@vspectra

Sigma never had problems with grab spamming. The throws are just more powerful and I think it's fair because you can avoid being grabbed. An btw, even NG1 had grab spamming enemies. I will just say "red dragon fiends" and "the white little dashing fiends" (sorry no names xD). Each NG game has at least 2 or 3 enemy types spamming throws.
Greater Ninja
Greater Ninja

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2012 5:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Female Tengu wrote:

@vspectra

Sigma never had problems with grab spamming. The throws are just more powerful and I think it's fair because you can avoid being grabbed. An btw, even NG1 had grab spamming enemies. I will just say "red dragon fiends" and "the white little dashing fiends" (sorry no names xD). Each NG game has at least 2 or 3 enemy types spamming throws.

The problem isn't with grab spam or the grab attack in general. The problem is them doing it while you're in mid combo and you can't dodge or block worth crap. In previous games if another enemy attacks while in you're in mid-combo, you are still able to block it, but they never grabbed during this time frame. I've only played Sigma 1 and it was never in there. Neither was it a problem in NG2 or Black. Haven't played Sigma 2 but I've read that it happens in the same way that it occurs in NG3.
Female Tengu
Superior Ninja
Superior Ninja

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2012 5:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The red dragons in NG1 Xbox always grabbed you mid combo. I can even make a video if you want. But I agree that the gorillaz in NG3 overdoing that...
Greater Ninja
Greater Ninja

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2012 6:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Female Tengu wrote:
The red dragons in NG1 Xbox always grabbed you mid combo. I can even make a video if you want. But I agree that the gorillaz in NG3 overdoing that...

But you can predict when they're about to do it before attempting to start a combo on them. They are pretty slow moving compared to the guys you fight in NG3, and you mainly fight them one on one instead of them all attacking at once.
Sath
Shadow Ninja
Shadow Ninja

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2012 11:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree, the X button (360) to do a OT is horrible, it ruins ones combo.

And I gotta say run or slide run and pressing X constantly to run and dash its unlimited lol.
I use it alot in Ninja Trials to avoid the gorillas and those worm/snake hyribs. The worm/snake hybrids are easier so I take them out first and leave the gorillas last unless its SOB.

Another thing I really hate is why didnt they design SOB to those pink enemies from NG2? The ones that glows that was in since NG1.
There is only OT on them and even when they look bloody, OT doesnt always work.
They did the effort to do it on the ninjas but not on these? annoying.

Btw the framerate is horrible in Ninja Trials compared to Story mode, I hope TN fixes it.

Now I read many people are beating harder difficulties, I usually do it as well, but when there is nothing to unlock I just beat it on Normal and just have fun in Hero mode lol. Quick gain SOBs, UTs and less cannonfodder.
Why should I make an effort to an effortless game lol

PS. Speaking of Hero mode, the auto guard and dodge works only when you health is glowing red. But what bothers me is how come Ryu is much more responsive and spot on when enemy attacks he blocks or dodges compared to manual control were its sloppy and delayed?
Its a bit worse in Ninja Trials. Team Ninja can easily fix these framerate issues and unresponsive controls through a patch, question is...are they dedicated and smart enough to make that effort?
Female Tengu
Superior Ninja
Superior Ninja

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2012 7:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ANother thing which bothers me is that the Katana barely has any moves. I mean even the BOTA doesn't give you the NG2 Dragon Sword Movelists.

The only move people doing all the time is XX > XX and the air combo XYXXX(Y). Most other long combos simply dont work for some reason (not even with the BOTA, lol) or getting "killed" by OTs which are assigned to the only two attack buttons now. What a horrible horrible choice. Even the forward attack rolls with the sword are gone, so pressing >X has no more use anymore. The fighting engine is the same good, fast and deadly engine from previous games but you have less control of it, and I hate that. God damned. I hope the claws and the Scythe have more than just one move/string, otherweise I refuse playing this game any longer......

......even though I'm a totally in love with the boss fights (the game has some epic boss tracks...no, not the crazy metal/hardcore whatsoever crap), the story and some of the (sometimes a bit too cheesy) cutscenes actually. It's nice to see Ryu as a "human" during the videos. Especially the Connah and Ryu scenes are very touchy ("be my daddy" ^^). The Hayabusa village has some people walking around (wooooow) and stuff going on in the background and people talking to Ryu (double woooooow).

Coop Missions are pretty fun though (even with the broken OT mechanics). Mindless slashing at its finest. It's such a mess that I have to laugh every time I play a mission.

The graphics are worse than Sigma 2s on some points. I wonder why.....

On the other side, the DOA5 Demo which came with my game, is absolutely amazing. GRaphics are sweet. Aliasing is a little, same with the self shadowing but it still looks great. It plays like DOA3 with some own stuff (so it's not entirely DOA3). Even the hardcore community is pretty much pleased with the demo already. After the fail of DOA4 and DOAD, Dead or Alive is finally reborn. TN did a much better job with this game here. What was wrong with NG3, man....
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ninja Fortress Forum Index -> Ninja Gaiden 3: Razor's Edge All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: