ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in   

My impressions of Ninja Gaiden 3
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ninja Fortress Forum Index -> Ninja Gaiden 3: Razor's Edge
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mohsin117
Head Ninja
Head Ninja

Gamertag: mohsin117 PSN: mohsin117

PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2012 4:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

iv had the game since Friday 23rd the since the EU launch, I bought the 360 and PS3 versions,
iv only played the 360 version to Day 4, what can I say I found it so disappointing I don't even feel like playing it, haven't even taken the PS3 version out of the case,
Shadow Ninja
Shadow Ninja

Gamertag: PSN: ISathI
NGS - Sigma (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2012 4:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why in the gods name would you buy two copies of such a crap game man? Are you rich and can burn money away or were you threatened? LOL
mohsin117
Head Ninja
Head Ninja

PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2012 4:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

would you believe me if I tolled you just today I spent 145 on buying 2 collectors edition on the game of amazon, cos the copies I got now are the standard version,

Tecmo Koei have royally screwed up the launch of NG3 iv seen so many complaints about codes not working and coded just straight up being missing, the 2 copies I got both didn't have DOA5 demo codes in them instead they guys at the shop writ the codes down on a slip of paper form a email they had got, they showed me the email and instead of the codes being Hitomi and Ryu for the PS3 and Ayane and Hayate for the 360, they where both Hitomi and Ryu for the 360 and PS3, and on top of the it didn't even work and then I take the games home only to find the PS3 version is missing the online pass, iv been emailing TK EU support every day since Friday and iv got no response what so ever, I even attached a scan of my receipt as proof of perches,

so that's way im now buying the CE so I can get the codes, once iv got the codes out of the CE im going to sell them and just keep the standard version

im sitting here on my computer doing nothing my consoles and every thing are all on my computer desk they even shear the same monitors but I just cant get my self to turn on my 360 and put that disk in and play it, just so crushed buy the game you guys know me a little right if I don't like it im going o rant and flame about it but just cant be bothered with it, im not angry just really disappointed

going to try and force my self to play it cos the Hayabusa village level dose look really good with Obaba and Black Spiders and Momiji, but im think im just going to wait till April and paly with the DLC
Shadow Ninja
Shadow Ninja

PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2012 9:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So you are gonna buy CE so you can get a code for a DEMO? LOL its just priceless mindset some gamers have.
I mean, its not like its a MP shooter beta for a potential AAA title or something.

A website here in sweden had this "buy NG3 (standard) and receive DOA5 demo code".
I put it on my list and got 2 codes because the demo didnt have all 4 characters in 1 demo. There is no way I would pay extra for a fighting demo lol.

Ah well, its your money but its mind boggling to me. I guess you know how to spend your money and live through, I have made alot of crap decisions before like this so I guess I am more catious.

Hopefully you have fun lol
mohsin117
Head Ninja
Head Ninja

PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2012 9:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm more then aware of how stupid the whole thing is Razz
I am just really buying all this out of pure fanboyisam
Shadow Ninja
Shadow Ninja

PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2012 10:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sure thing.
Female Tengu
Superior Ninja
Superior Ninja

Gamertag: GalaxySpider PSN: GalaxySpider

PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2012 11:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

you should try playing some missions with a friend. It's actually pretty fun, especially the harder mission tiers.
Common Ninja
Common Ninja

Gamertag: ShuhanX PSN: ShuhanX

PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2012 5:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Has anyone recorded a Ninja Cinema for multiplayer? Lol it's so bad. I just watched a Ninja Cinema that I recorded of a Clan Battle I had and it was awful. The reason I say that, is because for some reason, it recorded me slicing and attacking random walls when there was no one around. It's weird because, when I was actually playing, none of this happened and I was actually attacking other players lol.

I'm guessing that what the Ninja Cinema is showing is what is actually happening when all of the insane amounts of lag are occurring mid-game, that you don't see when you're actually playing. It's very odd to see. Has anyone else had this problem?
vspectra
Greater Ninja
Greater Ninja

PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2012 6:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shuhan wrote:
Has anyone recorded a Ninja Cinema for multiplayer? Lol it's so bad. I just watched a Ninja Cinema that I recorded of a Clan Battle I had and it was awful. The reason I say that, is because for some reason, it recorded me slicing and attacking random walls when there was no one around. It's weird because, when I was actually playing, none of this happened and I was actually attacking other players lol.

I'm guessing that what the Ninja Cinema is showing is what is actually happening when all of the insane amounts of lag are occurring mid-game, that you don't see when you're actually playing. It's very odd to see. Has anyone else had this problem?

Haven't tried cinema mode yet, but that sounds hilarious. Can you post a video of it on youtube, even if it's an iphone cam or something?
Shuhan
Common Ninja
Common Ninja

Gamertag: ShuhanX PSN: ShuhanX

PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2012 1:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

vspectra wrote:
Haven't tried cinema mode yet, but that sounds hilarious. Can you post a video of it on youtube, even if it's an iphone cam or something?

I wish I could, but it was so terrible I just immediately deleted right after I watched it lol. But if it happens again, I'll be sure to upload it to youtube. Assuming others haven't already lol.
BlackNinja9
Greater Ninja
Greater Ninja

PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2012 2:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I bought the collectors edition on launch day (had it reserved), figured I'd play for a few minutes once I got home from work that night around 1am. I beat the game about 3 days later. I started on Normal and thought it was too easy. I started over on Hard and realized I didn't feel like putting so that much effort into the game at this point, so I went back and finished it on Normal. Still on Hard mode, I think I'm on Day 5 or something, haven't played in awhile.

Anyway, I'm happy and I'm disappointed. As a practitioner of Ninjutsu and my 2nd favorite weapon to train with being a sword (claws are my favorite weapons-DLC in April Very Happy -because they have the carry over of taijutsu but that's neither here nor there) I was ecstatic. I didn't really use the other weapons anyway. I mean I did, as each one has it's place. I'm not gonna lie I spammed 360UT's and OLUT's with the bo and scythe to get through master ninja in NG2. But I also liked to get loose and go nuts with the kusari-gama and chucks because I know damn well I would never be able to do that in class without tying myself up Laughing . But long story short I played NG2 mostly with the claws, DS or DCTF. Cool

But at the same time I think you only get 4 combos the ENTIRE game. FOUR COMBOS. Yeah that sucked. It was like "dial a combo" just rotate those same 4. Sometimes I just mashed the square button. I'm saying, if you're only gonna give us one weapon you should give us a number of attack options equal to all the combinations of the other weapons combined. Twisted Evil Okay, maybe thats pushing it, but you get what I mean.

And the UT is horrible. I like the concept of having to work for it as opposed to spam OLUT's but it's just a zoomed in SOB painted red. I miss my "ninja on crack" UT's where Ryu would just go nuts and as my cousin says after you hit someone with the Enma Fang level 2 UT "leave's nothing behind but a pair of buttcheeks and thighs." Laughing Seriously go play Sigma 2 and hit a group of ninjas with that move. All that will be let is a series of buttcheeks and thighs. It's crazy.

I like the presentation of the story although I didn't like the story too much. I even felt a rush of aggression when I had to protect Canna, though it wasn't as much protecting as I thought I had to do. I guess that's the feeling parents get when their kids are in trouble. Anyway it was good but it could've been better. What's up with Hayashi and Europe? Every character he introduces is Caucasian, nothing against caucasians don't go calling me a racist now. But I always bought Ninja Gaiden because I liked to see the Japanese decor. You got plenty of source material in the HOME of the ninja. You get one stage in the Hayabusa village, which was pretty cool getting to stroll around and meet the villagers and what not, but....then we are back off somewhere else. Don't get me wrong it's far more consistent then Ryu being on a different continent every stage like in NG2. I know his airplane bill was ridiculous.

I liked seeing Ryu as a person though. All he did before was stare at you. I mean if you're truly badass you don't need to say anything but we get to see him have regular, normal conversation. Though...he still stares at people. Laughing I think the story would've been better if they would've went deeper into the mythos of the clans history. I see that if the LOA wanted to take over the world they would look to incapacitate the biggest threat to their goals, that being Ryu, but it would've been "closer to home" if it was an exiled ninja from the Dragon clan, or remnants of Murai's clan. Something. Team Ninja dropped the ball on a perfectly good opportunity to flesh out current plot holes with the roster (like where is Ryu's mom, you need two people to make a baby Laughing ) as opposed to creating all new characters who are only around for a short amount of time and don't even make an impact. Can't believe I'm saying this, but I kind of miss Itagaki's over the top ridiculous violence and sex.
alldin
Greater Ninja
Greater Ninja

Gamertag: TM Nozox

PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2012 8:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey guys, I havent logged in here for a long time, but I've been reading alot.
So I thought to share my thoughts regarding Ninja Gaiden 3.

To be honest I was afraid to buy the game when I read and watched the reviews about the game
and see that some people here are really not pleased with the game.

But what made me buy the game was because I was so curious of the game and that there was no demo to even try it, and that im a Dead or Alive fan aswell.
So DOA5 Demo sure looked hot. So I got the NG3 game.

Story:
To be honest here, I personally liked the story alot better than the NG2/NGS2. Things were more intressting, made more sence, twists, and they sure brought more life to the hayabusa villiage this time. I know that for some of you that reacted to Ryu's personality, but then again this trilogy does take place before Ninja Gaiden on the NES which changes the perspective of the game. I was happy that Ryu actually had more dialoge in this game. Other than that I wished to see Kasumi or Hayate be a part of the game. Otherwise it was well done to me.

Gameplay:
As for gameplay, I gotta say that it was a bit different ofc, but I dont complain about the violence because I thought the game did well without limbs tearing off, the SoundFX along with the SOB were well executed to me.
Besides wasnt NGS2 for PS3 purple essence? Not many really cared bout it then, but this time the sounds and blood violence is there. It is a bit awkward though that the game has only swords weapons throughout the entire game, but I actually feel that its more fun to play with Dragon/BLOF in this game than NG2. I compare rather the weapon itself than the mount of weapons between the games. Soon free DLC weapons will come, and if Im not wrong here I believe that the Tonfas will return as a DLC too. I can clearly see that during the gameplay the enemies you fight against have upgraded weapons from NG2, take a look at the camouflage guys with the tonfas.

Online:
I like clan battle and mission modes, I wish though a bit more of custmization to the characters and also the rules to clanbattles, a bit confused sometimes. Other than that, its fun. Its actually fun to see Team Ninja giving it a try with clan battles unlike games as DMC or GOW that dont have it yet. So creds to TN.

Overall;
I can agree that they should have included more weapon types in the game and also costumes, but from gameplay/online/story I enjoyed it alot. Some enemies were just pain in the ass, but to me I see NG3 as a sequel with new features that can work and be polished more further if they go for a Ninja Gaiden 4.
Hanoko
Spiritual Ninja
Spiritual Ninja

Gamertag: I love blood :-]
NG - Emblem (Amount: 1) NGB - Master (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2012 6:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

To me Ninja Gaiden 3 is just a fail. There were some good ideas introduced but quick screwed. Meh.
All I have to say is: ITAGAKI COME BACK!!!

Superior Ninja
Superior Ninja

Gamertag: GalaxySpider PSN: GalaxySpider

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2012 10:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What's with this "Itagaki come back"?

With him a NG3 wouldn't even exist....
Greater Ninja
Greater Ninja

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2012 1:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

From everything I've seen from Hayashi with this game, that's not a bad thing for Itagaki to come home, as this poor version of Gaiden SHOULDN'T exist IMO.
Rolling Eyes

But... Won't happen, unfortunately.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ninja Fortress Forum Index -> Ninja Gaiden 3: Razor's Edge All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4

Jump to: