ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in   

OXM Scans
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ninja Fortress Forum Index -> Ninja Gaiden 3: Razor's Edge
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mohsin117
Head Ninja
Head Ninja

Gamertag: mohsin117 PSN: mohsin117

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2012 5:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

OXM Report: Ninja Gaiden 3 Video Preview
http://www.oxmonline.com/oxm-report-ninja-gaiden-3

ordered! ordered by who Mizuki?...
Superior Ninja
Superior Ninja

Gamertag: GalaxySpider PSN: GalaxySpider

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2012 2:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Who else?
Head Ninja
Head Ninja

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2012 4:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ninja Gaiden 3: The first 30 minutes (VIDEO)

http://www.oxmonline.com/ninja-gaiden-3-first-30-minutes-video

That stealth kill is weird, you approach him from back but it goes in form the front O.o
And you can only perform a stealth kill form behind cos if you come from the front the enemy will see you, so why would they make the sheath kill animation have Ryu stab the guy in the stomach and not in the spine?
Just really… did they not think about that, did it not cross their mind?

Also don’t look like there’s Karma (again…) in the single player mode, let me guess NGS2 rip out the karma form the single player mode stick it the chapter select and pretend it’s a whole new mode…
Greater Ninja
Greater Ninja

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2012 6:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The player is pretty crappy >___<

Yeah, for the stealth skills it bugged me too. "Why the heck do you bother to sneak behind if you stab him from the front ?"

I'm not sure there will be karma points in this one… since the UTs are much more limited in use than in the past, there wouldn't really be any point in giving a karma score… I don't see a Ninja Gaiden ranking according to the combos either…

Maybe there will be another kind of ranking, dunno. I could care less actually. I like to do karma runs in NG1, but I never bothered in NG2.
Female Tengu
Superior Ninja
Superior Ninja

Gamertag: GalaxySpider PSN: GalaxySpider

PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2012 7:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Whats the point of Karma runs anway? It doesn't reflect any form of skill. It's just holding the Y button and spamming OP attacks to enemies who cant do anything against it. Yeah, exciting. Not to mention the modders in the NG1, Black and NG2 leaderboards.

@Mohsin

Well the Chapter select actually was a new mode. Cauz you couldn't replay chapters in NG2.
Head Ninja
Head Ninja

PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2012 8:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have no complaints with chapter select, I remember when they demoed NG2 they showed chapter select but it never made it in to the game,
Chapter challenge was the karma system from NG2 but you could only do it through chapter challenge
I don’t get why you would take it out of the normal single player, because chapter challenge is the same thing, and the whole idea of chapter challenge was to give you a score and then and extent play value, so why not give a score on your first run than have the player beat it, instead of playing the game and then playing the game again for a score
Head Ninja
Head Ninja

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2012 5:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

15 minutes of gameplay, PlayStation Magazine (the Dubai stage)

http://www.officialplaystationmagazine.co.uk/2012/01/10/ninja-gaiden-3-trailer-shows-15-minutes-of-ps3-gameplay-dead-ninjas/

Stupid story, stupid opening cut scene, stupid Mizuki, stupid dialog that doesn’t make sense,
Like cringe worthy dialog from Mizuki “I keep forgetting you’re a ninja” ughhh…

And she says to Ryu that the transmission was made from over there and distributed through hacked networks and so on and what does Ryu say “is that even possible” seriously Ryu the guy who fight fiends and has just had a sword absorbed in to his arm is asking if something that its not hard to believe (hacking computers) is possible? And he seen it happen why is he asking if it possible?

WTH TN the story made more sense when you weren’t making an effort

the game play itself which is the most important thing looks really good, the Dubai stage is much better than the London one, even if the environment itself don’t look as good, I like the cinematic close up they do of the new enemy types when you first see them, and it looked like there was a part where he charged the UT so im wondering if there’s going to be 2 levels of them, couldn’t really tell

edit:
here's a better version of the vid:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DipgfPQbwfs&feature=player_embedded
Greater Ninja
Greater Ninja

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2012 3:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I still don't quite understand how regeneration works… the lifebar does get shorter during the fight, so it seems it's the "red bar" system of NG2, but then it seems it fully heals as long as you have some ki gage… I don't know if it's automatic or manual.

The beret guys seem more competent than I thought in Hayashi's playthrough, they guard and are quite fast. They even have the same grab move as the cat fiends, I missed that one sooo much Laughing Anyway, this level looks clearly more challenging than the first in the end, that's good to see. And we probably saw only half of it.

I have nothing against the story for the moment. It will clearly not run for oscars but at least the villain and Ryu himself seem a bit more fleshed-out than before, and the seamless transition between cuscenes and gameplay is quite pleasant. Also, in 3 three cutscenes, we've heard more dialogue than in the entire first two games combined. The English voice acting is also a bit more decent (although for the mooks, I still can't identify that accent Question ).

Speaking of voices… I'm worried that the game comes out in two month and we still haven't heard the Japanese voices for the moment… we have for Asura's Wrath.
mohsin117
Head Ninja
Head Ninja

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2012 3:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would love a great story form NG but I never expect it, now with NG3 their pushing the story more than anything every decision made comes down to the story, Japanese’s dark hero, the arm the annoying girl, the lack of fiends, consequence, unmasking, it’s all because of the story and et they can’t basic dialog. So why the whole push on the story

I want expecting “Oscar” grate storytelling, but I was expecting basic intelligence and logic,
The Japanese defence force are prototyping automatic locking bows, what the hell for do they think that’s the future of weaponry, are they going to start sending out solders with bows and arrows? The RotM has spider tanks and homing missiles… you know this probably explains why Ryu is working with the JDF cos all their weaponry is based off of stuff from the Stone Age!

Did we really need a story explanation for the bow?

During the live stream TN was asked about the Japanese voices, they said that the original voices are done in English, cos they recorded the English first but the Japanese voices will also be included in the game.

So no excuses for bad dialog, you can’t say it was the translation…
Greater Ninja
Greater Ninja

Gamertag: XBL: kgripper

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2012 3:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mohsin117 wrote:

And she says to Ryu that the transmission was made from over there and distributed through hacked networks and so on and what does Ryu say “is that even possible” seriously Ryu the guy who fight fiends and has just had a sword absorbed in to his arm is asking if something that its not hard to believe (hacking computers) is possible?

LMFAO!!!!!!! Laughing
mohsin117
Head Ninja
Head Ninja

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2012 4:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just so stupid man, he sees the video transmission himself in London and doesn’t say anything then the whole reason he goes to Dubai because that’s where the message was traced back to, so all that time from going from London to Dubai and turning up at the place he doesn’t question it and then for some reason he doesn’t think it’s possible, so he basically went to Dubai just because they told him to?

And what’s even more mind boggling is that Mizuki doesn’t say anything like “is it even possible to have a sword absorbed in to your arm?” or question anything in any way so they just made Ryu in to a retard

It’s just basic conversation even a child could do it.

What ever happened to Ryu being a lone wolf? It would have saved us form all this

Anyway, as for the health bar, from what I understand after each fight the heath will refill half way regardless of anything, and then if you have the ninpo bar filled then it will deplete and further increase the health bar, the ninpo gage doesn’t have to be full for this to happen,
So you’ll go in to every fight with at the minimum a half your health full and no ninpo
Common Ninja
Common Ninja

Gamertag: ShuhanX PSN: ShuhanX

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2012 2:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think you're slightly over-analyzing the most unimportant parts of the story lol. Just because Ryu is knowledgeable of the world of Fiends and the supernatural doesn't mean he's knowledgeable in the area of network systems and computerized technology. They're two completely different worlds (technological, spiritual/fiend), I can't fathom how one would expect Ryu to have a firm understanding of something he's never even dealt with before. In the previous NG games, technology was unimportant. Super powerful fiends were trying to dominate the world and Ryu had to stop them. That's all. Not much thinking needed on Ryu's part lol. Slaying robots and enemies that used technology in previous games means nothing, considering all Ryu had to know how to do was cut them to pieces lol. This is the first time his primary enemy is humans that are using highly advanced technology. I fail to see how him not understanding how hacking computer networks makes him a retard by any means. As for Mizuki forgetting he's a ninja.....she's never dealt with ninjas before, least of all a Super Ninja of Ryu's caliber. We can't be expecting her to have a firm understanding of all his abilities. Also, if you think about it, that was the very first wall-run Ryu does in the game, so it's really not a big deal that it slips her mind that he can run diagonally across a wall.

And on the subject of the prototype bow. They already said that they have been watching Ryu for quite some time, so they clearly know that he uses bows and arrows. Remember, they were the ones to come to him, so it's not unlikely that they made the bow for him. Unless you were expecting them to hand him an AK-47 lol. By all accounts, the prototype could have been manufactured specifically for Ryu, Mizuki never said the bow was in mass production and their army will be using them instead of guns.

Ryu was always a lone wolf? lol no. You're forgetting the fact that Sonia helped Ryu tremendously all throughout NG2. Driving him around the world (from Japan to New York, then to the Statue of Liberty, to Venice, to Genshin's Battle ship, etc). Hell, she even blatantly helped him during some of his fights. She takes out Genshin's guns on his ship, then she takes out a few werewolves and scoops him up after he defeats Volf. Not to mention Ayane helping Ryu by acquiring the Dragon's Eye so he can produce the True Dragon Sword. Ryu relied on others far more than you're acknowledging in past games. If anything, the first NG was really the only one where he did mostly everything on his own.

Also we have to remember the fact that we've only seen probably less than 1/10 of the actual story, so I think it's quite a leap to say the story is stupid in general. The thing about stories is that things tend to make sense once it's completed, since by the time the story ends all the things that appeared to make no sense have been explained. Not saying this story will be winning any awards or anything lol, but I'm sure things will make alittle more sense once we get some more info about the story.
Shrykull
Greater Ninja
Greater Ninja

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2012 3:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree.

As for the bow, well, Vigoor's army was making anti-tank bows and arrows, so why not the JSDF Laughing It would just be weird for Ryu to use guns, let's not try to overthink things here.
gripper
Greater Ninja
Greater Ninja

Gamertag: XBL: kgripper

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2012 7:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Your right!!!! The story is not stupid.....It's ASS....
Now lets just pray for the gameplay.
mohsin117
Head Ninja
Head Ninja

PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2012 5:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shuhan wrote:
I think you're slightly over-analyzing the most unimportant parts of the story lol.

O I am, im actually putting extra effort in to over analysing the story, like is said the story is what TN is pushing the most, everything that happens with NG3 is because of the story even the hero mode they said it was so people could enjoy the story, not for people to enjoy the game.
So im wondering where is this grate story?

I mashed on the NG2/S2 story as well, but at least with NG2/S2 they could say the focus was not on the story (that still doesn’t excuse a bad story) but with NG3 they can’t say that.

Shuhan wrote:
Just because Ryu is knowledgeable of the world of Fiends and the supernatural doesn't mean he's knowledgeable in the area of network systems and computerized technology. They're two completely different worlds (technological, spiritual/fiend), I can't fathom how one would expect Ryu to have a firm understanding of something he's never even dealt with before. In the previous NG games, technology was unimportant. Super powerful fiends were trying to dominate the world and Ryu had to stop them. That's all. Not much thinking needed on Ryu's part lol. Slaying robots and enemies that used technology in previous games means nothing, considering all Ryu had to know how to do was cut them to pieces lol. This is the first time his primary enemy is humans that are using highly advanced technology. I fail to see how him not understanding how hacking computer networks makes him a retard by any means.

I don’t expect Ryu to know about computers but this is basics everyone knows about computer thefts, my father the other day asked me how to put the sound up on youtube but he still knows not to but his bank details on the internet,

And in DOAD Ryu was practically hacking computer for the CIA,

But the fact that he doesn’t know about computers isn’t the point, it’s the dialog it’s what he says, it doesn’t make sense, I mean seriously think about what he says in the situation he is in,

He asked is it possible, but the whole reason he’s going to Dubai is because it is possible, and he seen it himself, and Mzuki tells him it happened, and he questions it, dose he not trust her? And yet again the only reason why they went to Dubai is because it’s possible.

It’s not about the computers, if he didn’t understand he could have said “I didn’t think that was possible” but no he asks a question “is that even possible?” but he knows it’s possible, that’s why he’s in Dubai he seen it himself and Mizuki just told him about it as well, that’s what’s retarded not that he doesn’t understand computers.

This simply bad dialog and bad writing on TNs part, it’s not story there’s no deeper meaning to it is just bad writing,

Shuhan wrote:
As for Mizuki forgetting he's a ninja.....she's never dealt with ninjas before, least of all a Super Ninja of Ryu's caliber. We can't be expecting her to have a firm understanding of all his abilities. Also, if you think about it, that was the very first wall-run Ryu does in the game, so it's really not a big deal that it slips her mind that he can run diagonally across a wall.

NO! just no, they picked Ryu up from ninja village, they dropped him off at London watched him jump of Big Ben and proceed to kill everything every with a sword, then she hands him a bow, it is absolutely stupid of her to say she forgot, she doesn’t forget that he when he kills all the guys seconds before the wall run

There’s no argument here this was bad dialog straight up, and why dose wall ruining remind her that she’s a ninja, but the fact that he’s carring a Katana, dressed in black not remind her that he’s a ninja? Wall run isn’t a staple of a ninja.

and she didn't forget to give him the bow did she? she gave him a bow because she was a ninja right, and you your self said they have been watching Ryu

if she's so forget full maybe she shouldn't be in the job she's in

We could make all the excuses and reasoning for all the mistakes in NG all we want, but that doesn’t remove the fact that it’s still something wrong. It’s like saying there reason why there where frame rate drops in NG2/S2 was because the ninja cast spells to slow down the world, but that still doesn’t remove the fact that the game had frame rate issues
And in the same way this is just bad dialog and bad writing, and it stings even more because this is supposed to be the (according to TN) the strongest part of NG

And you know what forget everything, do we even need to hear Mizuki speak, I mean cos she isn’t helping, if anything her talking in the middle of a fight would be annoying, and that’s not even considering what she says is cringe worthy.

Shuhan wrote:
And on the subject of the prototype bow. They already said that they have been watching Ryu for quite some time, so they clearly know that he uses bows and arrows.

Did they say that? I don’t remember that, if true they would know that he uses a sword, and since his lost his sword maybe they should have given him sword?

Shuhan wrote:
Remember, they were the ones to come to him, so it's not unlikely that they made the bow for him. Unless you were expecting them to hand him an AK-47 lol.

But it seems as though they didn’t even want to go to Ryu, the guy Ishigami think his name was says, we don’t need your help you need ours, and the only reason they got Ryu is because the RotM asked for him, so why have they got a bow in development for Ryu?
why would and government agency spend money and time developing one bow for one guy who they don’t have any control over or authority, they went to get Ryu but he could have just said no, deal with it yourself,
And no I wasn’t expecting them to hand Ryu and AK and nether was Ryu, he wasn’t expecting them to hand him a bow,

They could have just said “we acquired this bow for you” and it would have been done with,

Shuhan wrote:
By all accounts, the prototype could have been manufactured specifically for Ryu, Mizuki never said the bow was in mass production and their army will be using them instead of guns.

No it doesn’t where did you get that form, Mizuki says it’s a bow developed by their own engineers, so where do you get it’s for Ryu from that, and I was question why their developing bows? I didn’t say it was going to be for the arm .

Shuhan wrote:
Ryu was always a lone wolf? lol no.

Lol yes.
I thought people would have got the connection that I was making, it’s not me saying Ryu is a lone wolf its Hayashi, at one point I was afraid Hayashi you get rid of the Hayabusa clan entirely, going on what he was saying about Ryu being a lone wolf, and he said things like Ryu doesn’t take orders from anyone, and I remember think what about Joe but yet here we are Ryu taking orders form random people,

The point I was trying to make was what happened to that idea of ryu being a lone wolf? That Hayashi originally came up with

Shuhan wrote:
You're forgetting the fact that Sonia helped Ryu tremendously all throughout NG2. Driving him around the world (from Japan to New York, then to the Statue of Liberty, to Venice, to Genshin's Battle ship, etc). Hell, she even blatantly helped him during some of his fights. She takes out Genshin's guns on his ship, then she takes out a few werewolves and scoops him up after he defeats Volf.

“tremendously”! without Sonia Ryu would have done a completely fine job, fist off Sonia didn’t take Ryu around the world, he got to the locations on his own, Sonia want even with him half the time, then the places she did give Ryu a lift im pretty sure he would have managed on his own, if he couldn’t manage he wouldn’t set out in the first place,

Shuhan wrote:
Not to mention Ayane helping Ryu by acquiring the Dragon's Eye so he can produce the True Dragon Sword. Ryu relied on others far more than you're acknowledging in past games. If anything, the first NG was really the only one where he did mostly everything on his own.

Im completely fine with Ayane aiding Ryu I want to see less of Sonia and Mzuki and every one and more of Ayane and Momiji and ect.
And Ryu don’t rely on others, he never relied on any one ever, if Ayane didn’t bring him the Eye he would have continued without it, if Sonia didn’t come when he was fighting the lycans he wouldn’t sit there just waiting for her, he doesn’t rely on anyone to come and help him he goes on his own

So its completely wrong to say that “Ryu relied on others” others rely on him, Kasumi Momiji his village they all rely on him.

Shuhan wrote:
Also we have to remember the fact that we've only seen probably less than 1/10 of the actual story, so I think it's quite a leap to say the story is stupid in general.

Well im only commenting on what we seen already, im not commenting on anything unseen,
Everything I’ve said is in regards to things we know

Shuhan wrote:
The thing about stories is that things tend to make sense once it's completed, since by the time the story ends all the things that appeared to make no sense have been explained. Not saying this story will be winning any awards or anything lol, but I'm sure things will make alittle more sense once we get some more info about the story

Well that’s fair enough, but like I say im only commenting on what we seen, and I never understood this argument, this isn’t just in regards to NG3 but in general saying with till the game comes out before you don’t like it, how do you know it’s not going to be worse, I mean youwould expect them to show off the best parts right?

Shrykull wrote:
I agree.

As for the bow, well, Vigoor's army was making anti-tank bows and arrows, so why not the JSDF Laughing It would just be weird for Ryu to use guns, let's not try to overthink things here.

But Vigoor was the bridge between real world and the underword, they weren’t pushing realism with the other NGs but they are with this one, dragon statues and weapon upgrades have all been removed because of realism,
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ninja Fortress Forum Index -> Ninja Gaiden 3: Razor's Edge All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: