ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in   

Ninja Gaiden 3 Livestream! new mission and multiplayer!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ninja Fortress Forum Index -> Ninja Gaiden 3: Razor's Edge
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Female Tengu
Superior Ninja
Superior Ninja

Gamertag: GalaxySpider PSN: GalaxySpider

PostPosted: Sun Dec 11, 2011 3:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So, you think I don't see what he has removed and changed so far? No, I can see that very well.

The difference between me and you is: If I dont like the game, I will switch to NGS2 again. If Hayashi thinks what's best for his game, fine. I dont care. What's important for me is: can I enjoy this game and have fun with it? If I say no, Hayashi has a job to do for NG4, Sigma 3 whatsoever.

And so far I cant judge about his new game. Only speculate. The versus-multiplayer for example. To me it looks unplayable, but maybe it's just because of the button mashing idiots in the videos. To be honest I'm currently not a fan from what I've seen so far here.
Greater Ninja
Greater Ninja

PostPosted: Sun Dec 11, 2011 3:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

F'n Hayashi...
Rolling Eyes

Shuhan
Common Ninja
Common Ninja

Gamertag: ShuhanX PSN: ShuhanX

PostPosted: Sun Dec 11, 2011 4:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Personally, I'm rather excited for this game. I feel that it will only hinder my excitement by constantly comparing every change made in NG3 to it's predecessors. Instead, I simply look at it for what it is. A video game. All that concerns me is that I am entertained and can fully enjoy the entirety of the game. I am spending 60 bucks on this game, so naturally, my main concern is whether or not this will be a waste of money. And from what I have seen so far, I personally feel that it wouldn't be. I can't simply state that the game is terrible, or make any drastic opinions on the game for the simple fact that I have not played it, and won't know for certain one way or another until I actually get my hands on it.

The single player footage has really been impressing me lately, especially the new stage that was recently revealed. The multiplayer doesn't look as much fun as I would expect, but again, I can't tell for certain until I play it myself. By all accounts, it could very easily be just because there are nothing but noobs playing it. He'll, none of them have even been able to pull off an Izuna Drop even though they have little air messages telling you how to lmao.
BlackNinja9
Greater Ninja
Greater Ninja

PostPosted: Sun Dec 11, 2011 6:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, it's getting pretty heated in here. Laughing

Go ahead Shuhan, I agree with you. Very Happy

Cyberevil chill dude, nobodies "jumping on you" for not liking it. It's your opinion "it's a forum" is exactly right. Nobody is going to agree with everything, if we did that would defeat the purpose of expressing your opinion in the first place. You want to disagree fine, just saying don't get mad when someone disagrees with you. Though I really can't piss you off too much because you give all the cool insider stuff. Cool

[Is it darker? Past NGs where about vengeance, about honor people closed to Ryu died.]

Yes the story is darker Twisted Evil . You don't need to have a guy angry, yelling and screaming going for vengeance all the time (though it works for Kratos, and I like GOW Evil ) for it to be dark. The story is focusing on Ryu as a person, and his past misdeeds. Yes he's human, well partly anyway, and it helps us relate to the character. Tell me, would you relate more to Batman, a guy who is human and has his parents taken away (which is logical) and to earn technique and skill (albeit through his parent's money) all of these things can happen to us or Superman and alien with superpowers "given" to him. Your greatest enemy is yourself because you know all of your weaknesses.

[They should have had Ryu ding his thing and have Joe, Momiji, Ayane, Hayate and Kasumi helping him out and being his ďblack ops unitĒ]
I agree though the other ninjas should be his unit and the JDF being the secondary.

Do you guys really want the bright colored, neon light show, carnival feathered costumes, light sabers, magic spells with the colors of the rainbow, pulling mystical weapons out of thin air without a moments notice. Looking like Yoshimitsu from Tekken. Come on guys, for real now.

This isn't Final Fantasy 13, 12, 11, 10 (7 and versus13 are an exception because those are based on reality)etc. this is Ninja Gaiden. I like what Ninja Gaiden is producing, minor discrepancies aside. You all sound like the people who wanted to boycott the Xmen movies or Transformers because it wasn't exactly like it was back in the day. But thats just it, it was "back in the day." I don't want to play rehashed, old stuff. Even if they do make it nice and pretty, it's still the old stuff. Not only is it repetitive but it makes the old stuff lose value. Just saying Goldeneye on the Wii may look better, but you don't appreciate it like on N64. I still play the old stuff after a game of NG2, I'll pop in a game of NG, I'll even pop in the original on the Nes. If some things have to be left behind in the fine tuning process in order to make the game better, then so be it. Yes I'm gonna miss my wind blades, and my dual katana and my "wolverine on steroids" claws and my "guy on ectasy doing the neon light thing at a rave" kusari-gama. But if it urks me so bad, I'll go play 2. I don't need all those weapons and extra costumes and characters and all the "extra" stuff put in anyway. I beat it on Master Ninja, great get these bragging rights and a new costume from the fashion ninja store from downtown.

It's fun, but it's not completely necessary. But the game has to evolve, adapt or get left behind. You guys have already said your gonna buy it, but you keep beating a dead horse.
mohsin117
Head Ninja
Head Ninja

Gamertag: mohsin117 PSN: mohsin117

PostPosted: Sun Dec 11, 2011 6:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A pretty good article very positive all around for the single player a bit less so with the multiplayer, dose raise some off the issues that seem to be apparent with the multiplayer,

Hands-on: Ninja Gaiden 3's single and multiplayer modes:
http://www.destructoid.com/hands-on-ninja-gaiden-3-s-single-and-multiplayer-modes-217483.phtml

Quote:
Should you use it to summon a giant flame dragon to take out a group of enemies, heal your wounds, and finish off the rest on your own? Or should you save it, and let your full Ninpo gauge heal you after battle. It definitely puts an interesting spin on the use of Ninpo, and it made me think more on what I exactly I should be using it for.
This is the first time im haring this that the nimpo bar is what heals you after the fight, I have noticed the heath bar has changed form before where it just rebounded like in COD, but a gain didnít know it was the ninpo bar filling it, if this is true itís pretty cool

Quote:
Ryu will be able to climb vertical surfaces to get to his destination. To be honest, I found this feature to be a bit jarring, in couple different ways. While there were on screen indicators to tell you which buttons to press, it was difficult to tell that you have to actively alternate between the trigger/button prompts on screen. Plus, it just feels a bit slow. I mean this is a ninja who can run up walls and possesses enhanced agility that no normal man has. I feel like there could've been a better way to show off vertical traversal, instead of something that just slows the overall pace to a crawl.
I have to agree, people remember in NG just befor you had to fight Paz you had to run on the walls of that room on the side to get to the top, that was awesome

Quote:
the "bone on steel" aspect of combat looks very awkward during matches. It looks awesome when you're doing it to an opponent, but when you're watching it happen with different players right it front of you, it looks a bit bizarre seeing two ninjas moving in slow motion during the death animation. Especially when teammates awkwardly try to break it up, which they're not able to do by the way.
This is generally what allot of people have been complaining about, I am liking the multiplayer and I do understand the draw of wanting to SoB friends online, but I think they should just get rid of it from the multiplayer
Shadow Ninja
Shadow Ninja

Gamertag: XBL: CyberEvil PSN: CyberEvil-PSN
NG - Emblem (Amount: 1) NGB - Master (Amount: 1) NGDS - The Eye of the Dragon (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Sun Dec 11, 2011 11:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BlackNinja9, I think you got a bad read on my tone is all. I wasn't meaning to imply anyone was jumping on me. I was explaining my stance. Not sure where you got that impression, but my bad. Maybe I should try sleeping once in a while, hah.
Greater Ninja
Greater Ninja

PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2011 1:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
This is the first time im haring this that the nimpo bar is what heals you after the fight, I have noticed the heath bar has changed form before where it just rebounded like in COD, but a gain didnít know it was the ninpo bar filling it, if this is true itís pretty cool

From what I understood, it will be a mix of this and the partial refill system of NG2. There are no healing items and probably no Life of the Gods, and... now that I think about it, that means you won't be able to heal during boss fights...
MSX2
Greater Ninja
Greater Ninja

Gamertag: PSN: Verdugo04

PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2011 2:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

vspectra wrote:

Bayonetta sold quite well actually. It reached 1.1 million sales worldwide, and that's only 1 month after the US release.

http://ps3.ign.com/articles/106/1066973p1.html

Not to mention the lead character is an overly sexual witch in tights, who would have thought it'd even sell 1 million copies.

That's across two SKU's, which isn't really much (NGII alone on 360 sold more than that). Japan aside, the game didn't see a second print nor a Platinum/Greatest Hits version. Compounded by the irony that the notoriously bad PS3 version sold best overall.

It's not something that Tecmo would like to replicate by any stretch.

Quote:
When a stupid developer announces another version of their UNRELEASED game, you know they are ready to throw themselves down the river, even Capcom isnt that stupid.

He didn't but even insinuating it is a PR disaster. Let's see how they get out of it. Overall though, no one will beat Capcom with their MVC3/UMVC3 release schedule.
Sath
Shadow Ninja
Shadow Ninja

Gamertag: PSN: ISathI
NGS - Sigma (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2011 2:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I cant see the game for what it is, it is a sequal to a franchise, not a spin off or reboot.

Also, from what I noticed, if you dont use the ninpo during a group of enemies and you clear an area, that ninpo bar will be empty and health will decrease.
vspectra
Greater Ninja
Greater Ninja

PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2011 3:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MSX2 wrote:

That's across two SKU's, which isn't really much (NGII alone on 360 sold more than that). Japan aside, the game didn't see a second print nor a Platinum/Greatest Hits version. Compounded by the irony that the notoriously bad PS3 version sold best overall.

It clearly isn't a financial bomb as you stated in the previous post. Sega was quite happy with the results, and the development cost wasn't very high, hence it had overly simplistic level designs and low production values where several cutscenes were nothing more than static images overlayed with voiceovers. For a title that appealed to a very niche market, it was a success financially. The total sales is actually closer to 2 million by now. Vanquish, on the other hand, is a different story.
mohsin117
Head Ninja
Head Ninja

PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2011 3:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BlackNinja9 wrote:
Yes the story is darker Twisted Evil . You don't need to have a guy angry, yelling and screaming going for vengeance all the time (though it works for Kratos, and I like GOW Evil ) for it to be dark. The story is focusing on Ryu as a person, and his past misdeeds. Yes he's human, well partly anyway, and it helps us relate to the character.

Ok I agree the vengeance line is the oldest one in the book but it works, and you canít say vengeance isnít relatable, ok maybe not to the level with Ryu is at but still, and how is this any more relatable than anything, before Ryu was about his family his clan, honour and respect and carrying out his duty, those a relatable to appoint, now itís about a legendary sword being absorbed in to his arm and cursing him making him feel the pain of the thousands of people heís killed, how the hell is that relatable? dude seriously if thatís resalable to anyone I think itís important to get you self-checked out.

And they say the storyís about Ryu but it isnít is it, before it was about the Hayabusa and them carrying out their duties and killing the fiends, and it was about Ryu, iv already mentioned the point in NG2/S2 and in same goes for vengeance for Kureha in NG and saving Momiji in NGDS, all them situations where personal to Ryu, but in NG3 you could take Ryu out and put any other character in his place and the story would still be the same, so I don't see how its more about Ryu now then before if anything now that there's really no mention of his clan or the fiends its less about Ryu, and like I say you could put anyone in the place of Ryu in NG3 and it would stay the same.

BlackNinja9 wrote:
I agree though the other ninjas should be his unit and the JDF being the secondary.

Why do we even need the JDF or anyone who isnít from a ninja clan, itís just really silly, there was a time where if Ryu wanted to get from A to B heíd use portals or crash a zeppelin or hijack a train but now heís riding shotgun, and it makes no sense that the JDF operates outside of JP without any restrictions, you think any nation will let some random guy in just to cut up the whole place, at least when he was a ninja he could just turn up do his crap, he didnít care about politics but now heís a special agent that needs clearance and chaperone.

I donít understand why we need the JDF or CIA, or any one that isn't Joe telling Ryu what to do, I mean what wisdom can a government agency provide that Joe canít? what personal connation dose a government agency have with Ryu that Momiji doesnít? what intel can they gain which Ayane canít? what support doe Ryu need form them that Hayate canít match? and what awaked romance and eye candy dose a government agency bring that would be better than Kasumi?

and the whole reason why government agencies go to Ryu is because they canít handle it them selfís (which raises questions in its self) and the people that can deal with it Ayane, Hayate ect are ether missing or playing secondary roles.

didnít really get what you were saying for the rest of your post,

BlackNinja9 wrote:

It's fun, but it's not completely necessary. But the game has to evolve, adapt or get left behind. You guys have already said your gonna buy it, but you keep beating a dead horse.

Well isnít that whatís keeping us here, the fact that its NG and TN, and the hopes that after NG3 they might finally do a it right with NG4, (some people been hoping they do it right since like NG2)

I think the game looks brilliant I really do, it think itís going to be awesome best game of 2012, im going to tell you know itís going to be the worst NG game ever, and the only reason im still here and why I still think itís going to be a great game is because on the box its going to say ďNinja GaidenĒ
Superior Ninja
Superior Ninja

PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2011 4:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ninja Gaiden is not the A-Team or so. A spec-ops ninja team....rofl

Quote:

I cant see the game for what it is, it is a sequal to a franchise, not a spin off or reboot.

Actually the game is a reboot of the series. That's what TN said.

Quote:
I donít understand why we need the JDF or CIA, or any one that isn't Joe telling Ryu what to do, I mean what wisdom can a government agency provide that Joe canít? what personal connation dose a government agency have with Ryu that Momiji doesnít? what intel can they gain which Ayane canít? what support doe Ryu need form them that Hayate canít match? and what awaked romance and eye candy dose a government agency bring that would be better than Kasumi?

IMO it's pretty boring to see the whole DOA staff in a Ninja Gaiden game. People here already calling Hayashi lazy and now it's ok to copy & paste the whole DOA ninja staff into NG? .... It would be dumb to do that, seriously.
If I play a game I want to see something new and interesting. Momiji in Sigma 2 is a good example.
I'm not trying to defend the idea of the CIA and JDF but Ninja Gaiden is and always will be Ryu's game.
Greater Ninja
Greater Ninja

PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2011 5:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Actually the game is a reboot of the series. That's what TN said.

Not quite... in the intro cutscene we see flash-backs of NG2 so it's definitely a sequel.
Female Tengu
Superior Ninja
Superior Ninja

PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2011 5:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

reboot doesn't mean "different story" or sequel/prequel. A reboot can also include different gameplay or styles only. Ace Combat 6 and Ace Combat Assault Horizon (the 7th game of the series) are good examples Wink
Head Ninja
Head Ninja

PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2011 5:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Female Tengu wrote:

IMO it's pretty boring to see the whole DOA staff in a Ninja Gaiden game. People here already calling Hayashi lazy and now it's ok to copy & paste the whole DOA ninja staff into NG? .... It would be dumb to do that, seriously.
If I play a game I want to see something new and interesting. Momiji in Sigma 2 is a good example.
I'm not trying to defend the idea of the CIA and JDF but Ninja Gaiden is and always will be Ryu's game.

Ok you know thatís fair enough, then give us proper characters that make sense, the Hayabus are an entire clan and we mainly only know of 3 members not including Ryu, Joe, Momiji and Kureha,

In NGDS we had lodes of Hayabus clan members, we had like Ryuís uncle and if they matured the kids I wouldnít mind seeing them again, in the past we had Muri, Gamov, Genshin and even Rachel all made sense and werenít stupid agencies who think they have an authority over Ryu
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ninja Fortress Forum Index -> Ninja Gaiden 3: Razor's Edge All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 6 of 8

Jump to: