ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in   

Ninja Gaiden 3 Livestream! new mission and multiplayer!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ninja Fortress Forum Index -> Ninja Gaiden 3: Razor's Edge
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
CyberEvil
Shadow Ninja
Shadow Ninja


Joined: 23 Apr 2008
Posts: 796
Location: Rochester, New York
Gamertag: XBL: CyberEvil PSN: CyberEvil-PSN
NG - Emblem (Amount: 1) NGB - Master (Amount: 1) NGDS - The Eye of the Dragon (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Sat Dec 10, 2011 8:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

They've already said the Wii U title will be Ninja Gaiden 3 with some extra content. I sincerely doubt it'll be anything more substantial than something incorporating the tablet-style controller. I meant something akin to Sigma and Sigma 2 where entirely new levels and, in the case of Sigma 2, new modes. I also wouldn't be surprised if the Wii U title actually is missing some content from the 360 and PS3 iterations.

MSX2: Splinter Cell: Pandora Tomorrow. The Defense rests.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
Female Tengu
Superior Ninja
Superior Ninja


Joined: 22 Jul 2009
Posts: 687
Location: Germany
Gamertag: GalaxySpider PSN: GalaxySpider

PostPosted: Sun Dec 11, 2011 6:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kasumi was a clear teaser for DOA5. Why not adding it to a NG game. Who cares.

@Cyber

Hayashi already mentioned a Sigma version for NG3.


And I think I'm the only one here who likes NG3. Ok, the multiplayer looks a bit odd, but I hope for some cool co-op gametypes. Maybe a Horde mode, lol
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Shrykull
Greater Ninja
Greater Ninja


Joined: 19 Jun 2011
Posts: 208



PostPosted: Sun Dec 11, 2011 7:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
And I think I'm the only one here who likes NG3.


Nope, I find it fine enough. What I've seen is more exciting than any NG2 trailer back in the days. The one weapon/one ninpo thing is a bit hard to take but that alone won't put me off. As for the multiplayer, well, I won't touch it anyway.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Female Tengu
Superior Ninja
Superior Ninja


Joined: 22 Jul 2009
Posts: 687
Location: Germany
Gamertag: GalaxySpider PSN: GalaxySpider

PostPosted: Sun Dec 11, 2011 7:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, the Ninpos. Never cared about them anyway. NG1 Ianzuma was OP, using ninpo against bosses was always pointless, and NG2 ninpos were toned down to a point where you dont need them (3 fireballs versus XXXXXX ninjas on screen...lol), many enemies can dash them perfectly etc..
Ninpos in the 3D NG games had no real place IMO. Only good side effect are the i-frames during the cast animation(s). But it felt like cheating sometimes. So I dont care about them.

At least the Dragon Ninpo in NG3 has an USEFUL effect >>> healing. And it looks sweeet :p


I think some of the other ninpos are still in multiplayer.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Sath
Shadow Ninja
Shadow Ninja


Joined: 15 May 2008
Posts: 1789
Location: Sweden
Gamertag: PSN: ISathI
NGS - Sigma (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Sun Dec 11, 2011 10:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have tried many times to even force myself to look pass no decapitation, swords only...but when he goes on and admits there wont be any unlockable outfits and he is even considering to maybe make NG 3 Sigma, that is just annoying as hell.

I kept waiting for months for him to redeem himself at some point and I knew that if he gave me one good reason to hate the game more I would go off on the game, one big misstake was ninpo as well.

ONE ninpo throughout the entire game and it kills all enemies around you and then heals you? you have to be joking.
I love using elemental powers to my melee combos, so I used Wind Blades in NG2 ALOT because it looked amazing to do it, but it didnt kill every enemy in that location.

That ugly dragon is obviously trying to copy off Bayonetta's climax move which fails hard.

Thing is I am a fanboy of Ninja Gaiden, but I am not a blind insane fanboy who takes any punch they do. He is taking away way too many of the core Ninja Gaiden stuff that majority never wanted to be touched other than improved upon.
He could easily just copy Ninja Gaiden 2 combat, add Steel on Bones and fans would love it still, guarenteed it would be better than having this.
Now I understand its Stage 2 but thats the problem, he has to show us Stage 4 or beyond so we can see a glimpse of Ryu being upgraded and what his new moves are and how his UT evolves.

I am using 99% the dragon sword so I was giving that one weapon style a pass from start, love my swords lol
But one ninpo and above all no unlockable outfits and his stupid excuse is "we have to get used to it" !?
Nah Hayashi, we dont have to do a single damn thing because fans are sick and tired of seeing his Batman/Black Panther comic book swimsuit tights!

We want clothing, cyborg light armor, trenchcoats, traditional ninja/light armor (Onimusha 3 CGI intro) style...anything.
Us beating the game on harder difficulties is useless tbh. We all know it can be done, its not exactly Dark Souls but whats the point of having that challenge with no reward.

Nobody wants a challenge if you dont get rewarded for it afterwards, thats the beauty of doing something very challenging. Its the reward after that saying you did that congratulations you get "this". Now its just a silly pat on the back saying "there there, you did good".

All in all, this is obviously the worse Ninja Gaiden game in the series, with so many early on confirmations and "cuts", nothing NEW as to what Ryu can do has been showned to us and the game is out in 3 months, no unlockables, no Challenge Mode, Multiplayer looks horrible with Flying Swallow UT spam (which is EASILY dodgeable) so its laughable, one weapon style only, Ayane/Momiji animations was a waste in Sigma 2 and Kasumi was taking up time to show for no reason whatsoever, HUMANIZED enemies and REAL LOCATIONS (worse issue I have with this game, I am sick of it!)...etc.

There is no way Hayashi can pull back the majority of the NG fans in 3 months time unless he really outdo himself and reveal LATER levels like stage 5 or something with Ryu being more leveled up or else it will flop.

After seeing the new METAL GEAR: RISING, I am WAY more hyped for that game than I am for Ninja Gaiden for the first time.
Raiden is doing so many awesome moves that Ryu couldnt do for years. Those super rapid fast slashes, acrobatic moves with the swords, lightning fast movement, how he fights with a boss all stylishly, how he takes down big enemies, cutscenes are fantastic...etc. that is amazing!

I am sure Metal Gear Rising will replace Ninja Gaiden for me from now on and Raiden will replace Ryu.
Atleast Raiden has a awesome cybernetic armor and not tights and have lightning as element which is my all time favorite.
I have been searching alot to replace Ninja Gaiden as a #1 action game, the search seems to be over.

Raiden will Rise and strike the other ninja with lightning strike!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
vspectra
Greater Ninja
Greater Ninja


Joined: 05 May 2008
Posts: 189



PostPosted: Sun Dec 11, 2011 11:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MSX2 wrote:
Given the market's current demographics and the fact that a game like GOW3 is the genre's best seller this gen (and the likes of Bayonetta were financial bombs *and I disliked that game on so many levels *), you can't blame them for trying to go more mainstream. You may not like it and neither does every longtime fan of the modern series, but it's happening.


Bayonetta sold quite well actually. It reached 1.1 million sales worldwide, and that's only 1 month after the US release.

http://ps3.ign.com/articles/106/1066973p1.html

Not to mention the lead character is an overly sexual witch in tights, who would have thought it'd even sell 1 million copies.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Female Tengu
Superior Ninja
Superior Ninja


Joined: 22 Jul 2009
Posts: 687
Location: Germany
Gamertag: GalaxySpider PSN: GalaxySpider

PostPosted: Sun Dec 11, 2011 11:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Actually the ninpo does not kill ALL enemies on screen. It's more like an Inazuma, it has a limited range (I could be wrong, but I have seen that in some of the E3 demo videos). And the ninpo is limited by enemies. It's not that you can farm essence and buy unlimited ninpo recharge items like in previous games.

Just because you wont get another costume, doesn't mean there is no reward after beating MN. I think you will get something for multiplayer. It's like Sigma 2, where your healthbar becomes golden, so other players in Co-cop mission can see that you mastered MN difficult. Maybe you get a special outfit or equipment item for your NG3 multiplayer avatar.

I agree with the multiplayer part though. It sucks hard....


Quote:

We want clothing, cyborg light armor


WTF?
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Sath
Shadow Ninja
Shadow Ninja


Joined: 15 May 2008
Posts: 1789
Location: Sweden
Gamertag: PSN: ISathI
NGS - Sigma (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Sun Dec 11, 2011 12:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nonsense.

That dragon ninpo is the rinse and clense attack and enemies will turn out scared thats it and it heals you, its garbage.
Even if it was like Inazuma, atleast they had different elements to the ninpo and not cut everything and have one lazy crap and thats it.

Also, dont mention the whole farm and unlimited because its up to the player how they use it, how they want to play it.
Poor excuse for Hayashi, not surprised.
I never farmed unless I needed it, I know many didnt farm and they got okay with it.

Multiplayer is garbage, according to different forums and comments they are hating the MP, only the hardcore fans would even consider to give it a try.
And I DONT want single player unlockables to MP its useless to me and those who dont care about online play.

Also that golden health is stupid, useless nerd show off "hey i got gold healthbar you got silver, yay i am #1"...silly crap.

And when I meant clothing, cyborg light armor (NG Black had that as well) I meant new outfit in general.
So dont go "wtf?" unless you dont get the general statement with that comment.

Ashtar, NES outfit, cyborg armor, Ryuken...etc. anything but that annoyingly black outfit.

It looks great now upclose because they added more detail and has that The Dark Knight patterns to it, but in combat and long distance its big meh.

Sorry if I came off strong at you Female Tengu but I am tired of bad excuses for his dumb design decisions.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
mohsin117
Head Ninja
Head Ninja


Joined: 20 Mar 2009
Posts: 897
Location: UK
Gamertag: mohsin117 PSN: mohsin117

PostPosted: Sun Dec 11, 2011 12:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sath wrote:
I dont get it, Hayashi clearly has an keen eye for content BEFORE, but now he has gone blind.

Look at Sigma and Sigma 2.

He added Rachel and dual swords in Sigma, in Sigma 2 he added Ayane and Momiji and that neat design demon sword.
Ayane and Momiji now gets the boot for NG3, so all those work on the moves and animations was for nothing and showing Kasumi was the most useless garbage when Ryu and male ninjas are the focus now.

I remember when we kept thinking Kasumi would be a DLC for NGS2 or show up in NG3 along with Ayane and Momiji but nope, nothing.
Either that the guy is gonna pull a DLC and be a sellout or is dumb, I am guessing on dumb.

That’s a good point Hayashi has usually “added” good content,
As for DLC it unavoidable, but if they’re going to do DLC then at least give us what we want, single player missions, the NG3 has only one playabe character then give us other as DLC, but they just seem to be focusing mainly on multiplayer, maps, weapons and probably accessories for character customisation,

BlackNinja9 wrote:
This site was practically dead for awhile, then once new information comes out, it gets filled with negativity. Though I didn't come to this site often I used to love reading Sath, CyberdEvil and mohsin117's posts, but it seems lately that all you guys spot is the negative situations. It's very depressing. Like you have turned the message boards into your own personal venting systems. But in the grand scheme of things everybody needs to vent and sometimes it's good to play devil's advocate, so I actually thank you for it.

If there was something good to post about we would, it’s not like we or I wasn’t this game to fail and ill im doing is seeking out the bad parts, and im sorry if my posts have played a part in depressing you I really am but I see the content that is put out and read the interviews and it depresses me, and any way ant forums supposed to be a place to vent,

We may have become the negatives here then it’s up to you to stay positive, maybe it will work the other way around and your posts could get the negativity out of us Razz
BlackNinja9 wrote:
One thing is that the only thing constant is change, it's a basic level philosophy. It's kinda ridiculous to think that each game will be exactly the same as the one before it, though COD manages to do every game LOL. At the same time I agree with you, why put stuff in if you take it out. Could've been a trial period? It was stated that Hayashi didn't like the dual katana in NGS1 so he added more stuff for them in NG2. To be honest both Hayashi and Itagaki were nuts so I'm taking everything with a grain of salt.

With a sequel you expect it to have that same feel and frame work you want to build on what’s already been established and increase, i mean look at NG and then NG2 stripping it down to the basics they were both different games very different even NG was defensive whiles NG2 was much faster and more aggressive but they were both Ninja Gaiden games they both have the staples of NG, weapons, ninpo, fiends ect, and now look at NG3 it might as well just be a different game,
I sort of see it like this, at one point the NG franchise consisted of 2 parts the NES games and the post 2004 games, now it seems as though there’s going to be a third part the NG franchise the post 2012 game (the end of NG)
BlackNinja9 wrote:
I didn't mind the sword being the primary weapon, technically it already is. It's always shown in cutscenes. But I do see it kind of stupid to take the other weapons out after you add them. […]Steel on Bone is supposed to explore the katana and it's up close cuts, and "you can't portray to portray that with the other weapons. So you give us any weapon we want in multiplayer and I still see Steel on Bone, hmm. There's a discrepancy there.

if by “sword” you mean the DS being the primary weapon well then it isn’t, if the word where to be the primery wepon in NG3 we would have a GoW type thing but in NG3 they seem to be doing something in the middle of GoW and NG where all the weapons a swords , there no longer the diversity of blunt and sharp, short and long or heavy and light, well not form what we know so far
And I don’t think that the sword was already the primary weapon, I sort of the weapons in NG as characters in a fighting game, there no one best character (well there shouldn’t be) just because in the story the DS is primary doesn’t mean in the game paly it is, look at got of war that’s game which really dose have only one weapon as its primary, you coulsd be fight ting with the Cestus but when it came to doing anything else with the weapons like finishing off a character the game would switch you back to the blades because that was the primary weapon,

I always thought that the reason that NG always should Ryu with the DS was because the player might have never picked up the other weapons, like it wouldn’t make sense to see a cut scene where Ryu was using the Flail but you as the player didn’t pick it up, and that’s why in NG2/S2 you see in a cut scene with eh ES because that one of the weapons that’s one of the weapons the story has Ryu pick up and there no way the player can miss that one

Why make SoB something that focus only on “katanas” out of all the weapons ever in NG what present of them have been katarnas, and SoB is something that is supposed to focus on the cutting which you have to ask could the FT and ES not do that? You could even have an SoB equivalent for blunt weapons, here it slows down and we see the weapon push against the rib cage and rupture heads and so on, if you’re not going to have blunt weapons because of the SoB at least have the other cutting weapons,

BlackNinja9 wrote:
As far as story I like the much darker approach the game is taking. You're talking to a guy who say Akira when he was 6 years and actually like the Dolph Lundgren Punisher (gore and all), though that movie is pretty bad by today's standard. The dark tone and ryu as a dark hero gives the series a mature approach. Having Ryu operate with a black ops unit, as that's what Ninjas were in feudal Japan anyway, is cool.

Is it darker? Past NGs where about vengeance, about honor people closed to Ryu died where kidnapped and where hurt, none of that is in NG3, yeah some random civilians died it’s sad but we don’t care about them, and I can’t see this mature approach, in NG2/S2 Ryu wanted to saty and fight in the village but Joe made him go after the demon statue that was mature,
Yes we do tknow the whole story of NG3 and I might be wrong but so far it’s not looking good and the worst part of it is that Ryu is a member of this government agency, get this Ryu goes from the UK to Arabia, he probably got on a plane with Muzuki and then sat in the passenger seat as they drove to the location, now how did Ayane get from JP to Arabia? She teleported her way in with a firkin sand storm how awesome was that, and on top of that Muzki traced RotM form the video feed, Ayane found Ryu from scratch with nothing to go on,
They should have had Ryu ding his thing and have Joe, Momiji, Ayane, Hayate and Kasumi helping him out and being his “black ops unit”
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger
CyberEvil
Shadow Ninja
Shadow Ninja


Joined: 23 Apr 2008
Posts: 796
Location: Rochester, New York
Gamertag: XBL: CyberEvil PSN: CyberEvil-PSN
NG - Emblem (Amount: 1) NGB - Master (Amount: 1) NGDS - The Eye of the Dragon (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Sun Dec 11, 2011 12:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, just read the PlayStation Blog interview about Sigma 3. Unbelievable amount of anti-PR there. Just wow.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
mohsin117
Head Ninja
Head Ninja


Joined: 20 Mar 2009
Posts: 897
Location: UK
Gamertag: mohsin117 PSN: mohsin117

PostPosted: Sun Dec 11, 2011 12:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The story more than anything is really pissing me off, even more then the lack of weapons and stuff, because the story become a part of the universe, im sure you guys are all tired off me ranting about government agencies and Sonia, but it’s like TN read all my post and where like “that’s what we got to do” just to piss me off Razz

also Iv noticed that people are sataritng to think that the SoB in the MP is lag,

It is odd that they added SoB in the MP i thought because it slowed everything down it would be left out, several times iv noticed that whiles someone is in the SoB animation they have been hit with a flaming arrow, or someone has started attacking them so when they come out of the SoB animation they go straight in to being attacked,

Who wants to beat that the bow and the standard shurikens are going to be the only weapons in the game?

And this isn’t a comment directed at any one so please don’t think it is, it’s just a general comment about any forum,
How come when someone posts saying they don’t like it every one jumps on them, you get comment back wait till it’s out or it’s not finished yet. Well then in the same way how can you say that people say they like it it’s not out yet and it’s not finished yet,
It’s a forum people have their own thoughts if you like something then good for you if you don’t good for you too, and you can’t say to some on the net “don’t buy it then”
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger
mohsin117
Head Ninja
Head Ninja


Joined: 20 Mar 2009
Posts: 897
Location: UK
Gamertag: mohsin117 PSN: mohsin117

PostPosted: Sun Dec 11, 2011 1:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CyberEvil wrote:
Yeah, just read the PlayStation Blog interview about Sigma 3. Unbelievable amount of anti-PR there. Just wow.

Yeah it seems like its hit the fan, iv seen some post just saying they’ll just wait for NGS3 (even though it hasn’t even been confirmed) and a post was mad on DOAW linking to neogaf

Quote:
Team Ninja ‘considering’ Ninja Gaiden Sigma 3
Put that $60 back in your savings.

If you were planning on picking up Ninja Gaiden 3 next year, you may want to hold back a bit. During an interview with the PlayStation Blog, Team Ninja boss Yosuke Hayashi said the studio may consider releasing a Sigma version of the threequel following release.
“Sigma is kind of a sister game to the Ninja Gaiden series, and after releasing NG3, we may consider releasing a Sigma game for it,” said Hayashi.
Thanks, NeoGAF.


This is a bad situation for TN, which ever why you look at it, they could say it’s not true but then why mention it in the first place, and if they say there not going to do NGS3 and they do end up doing it is not going to turn out well, you can’t win in this situation

I really think TN would do this type of thing in an year, it could be just the wii-U version of the game on the PS3 and 360 called NGS3, and the “Ninja Gaiden” title has so far been an exclusive to MS and is now multiplat so I can’t see why the “Sigam” can’t go the same root, if any thing it should be easier with Sigma because Sigam has never been published by Sony but the “Ninja Gaiden” title has been published by MS
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger
Sath
Shadow Ninja
Shadow Ninja


Joined: 15 May 2008
Posts: 1789
Location: Sweden
Gamertag: PSN: ISathI
NGS - Sigma (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Sun Dec 11, 2011 1:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is fact what I am going to say now...

Ninja Gaiden 3 is the PROTOTYPE of the REAL Ninja Gaiden 3...Sigma.

They want everything to be done, get feedback, release Sigma version.

When a stupid developer announces another version of their UNRELEASED game, you know they are ready to throw themselves down the river, even Capcom isnt that stupid.

I would say dont count on DLC out unless its pre-order nonsense.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Female Tengu
Superior Ninja
Superior Ninja


Joined: 22 Jul 2009
Posts: 687
Location: Germany
Gamertag: GalaxySpider PSN: GalaxySpider

PostPosted: Sun Dec 11, 2011 2:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sath wrote:
Nonsense.

That dragon ninpo is the rinse and clense attack and enemies will turn out scared thats it and it heals you, its garbage.
Even if it was like Inazuma, atleast they had different elements to the ninpo and not cut everything and have one lazy crap and thats it.

Also, dont mention the whole farm and unlimited because its up to the player how they use it, how they want to play it.
Poor excuse for Hayashi, not surprised.
I never farmed unless I needed it, I know many didnt farm and they got okay with it.

Multiplayer is garbage, according to different forums and comments they are hating the MP, only the hardcore fans would even consider to give it a try.
And I DONT want single player unlockables to MP its useless to me and those who dont care about online play.

Also that golden health is stupid, useless nerd show off "hey i got gold healthbar you got silver, yay i am #1"...silly crap.

And when I meant clothing, cyborg light armor (NG Black had that as well) I meant new outfit in general.
So dont go "wtf?" unless you dont get the general statement with that comment.

Ashtar, NES outfit, cyborg armor, Ryuken...etc. anything but that annoyingly black outfit.

It looks great now upclose because they added more detail and has that The Dark Knight patterns to it, but in combat and long distance its big meh.

Sorry if I came off strong at you Female Tengu but I am tired of bad excuses for his dumb design decisions.


You have points and I have points, too. There is no "I'am right and you are wrong". It doesn't matter if someone can use feature X or not. The fact is: you can and you will if you need to. And this counts. And btw, I'm tired of that hating for a game which is not out yet.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Sath
Shadow Ninja
Shadow Ninja


Joined: 15 May 2008
Posts: 1789
Location: Sweden
Gamertag: PSN: ISathI
NGS - Sigma (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Sun Dec 11, 2011 2:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have farmed, but I know many people who have beaten MN on previous NGs without farming.
I didnt need to farm one bit in NGS2 on MN, but on NG2 Mentor I had to because how cheap the enemies were, but never in any other NG games.

I mean if you are really good at it you dont need farming, I mean this isnt a RPG like say Dark Souls were you keep farming the same place more than 20 times to level up and be ahead of enemies.

Well you may be tired of the hate before the game is out, but I am tired of people defending the most obvious and core issues the game has that will NEVER be in the game.

If he didnt confirm the stuff he did at IGN livestream I wouldnt say the stuff I have been saying SINCE THEN.
But unfortunently he confirmed it to not be the game so that means what now?
It means, we dont have to play the game to see what to expect from content when he confirmed it already.

People were already pissed with no decapitation which yes, changed the behavior of the AI all of a sudden, no other weapons, and now he focuses on swords and MP...yeah whatever.

Its more like defending the obvious for the sake of the name of the series rather than facing the fact and being simple minded and accepting it.

Well whatever, his vision, our money in the end...our decision.
I will be getting this game through my GAME card I have been trading old games for months with no reason to waste until now.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ninja Fortress Forum Index -> Ninja Gaiden 3: Razor's Edge All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 5 of 8

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group