ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in   

Ninja Gaiden 3 Livestream! new mission and multiplayer!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ninja Fortress Forum Index -> Ninja Gaiden 3: Razor's Edge
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mohsin117
Head Ninja
Head Ninja

Gamertag: mohsin117 PSN: mohsin117

PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2011 5:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

gripper wrote:
I'm actually digging the online mode (I know, I know) I wonder what the other mutiplayer maps are going to be like.
I cant wait to chase my friends around on them, I also hope they bring back kusarigama Shocked Shocked

they said its going to ship with 3 maps and day one DLC maps,
the KG was my best weapon, but KG in NG3 not going to happen
Common Ninja
Common Ninja

Gamertag: ShuhanX PSN: ShuhanX

PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2011 5:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If they follow the tradition of "Sigma" games, then if they do create a Sigma version of NG3, it will likely have new playable characters and alot of other additional features. If that's the case, then buying the original version would be pretty redundant.

Then again, he only said that they might consider it, which isn't exactly a confirmation. In all likelihood, we probably won't know for sure that a Sigma version is being made until well after the original NG3 is released.
mohsin117
Head Ninja
Head Ninja

Gamertag: mohsin117 PSN: mohsin117

PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2011 6:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think they will do it, but don’t call it Sigma call it Black, NG3Black, cos Sigma is a full title Black is like a version title like game of the year edition, and Sigam had a bad reputation where as Black has the best reputation on the planet Black is still the highest rated Hack and Slash to date
Shadow Ninja
Shadow Ninja

Gamertag: XBL: CyberEvil PSN: CyberEvil-PSN
NG - Emblem (Amount: 1) NGB - Master (Amount: 1) NGDS - The Eye of the Dragon (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2011 9:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sigma was made to differentiate the PS3 titles. There won't be another Sigma title as this is a simultaneous release. Also, given the project load the team has, we won't see any additional NG3 content in a non-digital form. You can mark my words on it.
Greater Ninja
Greater Ninja

Gamertag: XBL: kgripper

PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2011 11:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mohsin117 wrote:
but KG in NG3 not going to happen

My tears just wont stop falling Cry Baby
Sath
Shadow Ninja
Shadow Ninja

Gamertag: PSN: ISathI
NGS - Sigma (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Sat Dec 10, 2011 2:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I dont get it, Hayashi clearly has an keen eye for content BEFORE, but now he has gone blind.

Look at Sigma and Sigma 2.

He added Rachel and dual swords in Sigma, in Sigma 2 he added Ayane and Momiji and that neat design demon sword.
Ayane and Momiji now gets the boot for NG3, so all those work on the moves and animations was for nothing and showing Kasumi was the most useless garbage when Ryu and male ninjas are the focus now.

I remember when we kept thinking Kasumi would be a DLC for NGS2 or show up in NG3 along with Ayane and Momiji but nope, nothing.
Either that the guy is gonna pull a DLC and be a sellout or is dumb, I am guessing on dumb.

And in NGS he added those nice modes like Speed Mission, Weapon Mission...etc. but nothing in NGS2 and no unlockable modes in NG3 other than New Game+.

If he does a NG3 Sigma then he is definitely pulling off a Capcom, releasing a game on disc rather as seperate DLC just to cash in more and that is pathethic considering that was never how TN operated when Itagaki was there, but then again, they did release Ninja Gaiden Black and even then they never removed anything from original they ADDED content.

I HATE Hayashi with a passion, this guy has zero clue what he is doing and becoming the most lazyiest pr!ck I know.
I mean Playstation Blog asked if he gathered any insperation and such from other action games like Bayonetta and God of War and he goes off and talks smack and say they havent done much to change the genre and the he adds this
Quote:
That’s why we’re focusing on the story and the online modes.

What!?
Bayonetta has this game by its throat and one squeeze its over!
That game has so much full of content and so much genre evolution to it, especially that Witch Time dodge, crazy big bosses...etc.

How damn stupid can this guy be, seriously!?
I thought Activision was very stupid with their COD lies and lack of content on maps and then pull a DLC but this guy is going above and beyond.

And then this one...

Quote:
[It was also revealed at the event that new NGS+ will feature new controls and challenge modes, as well as incorporating some styles and features from Ninja Gaiden 3.]

Why is he adding a Challenge Mode to NGS+ and not Ninja Gaiden 3!? Its tradition to the franchise to have such a mode in action games these days, especially since the birth of 3D Ninja Gaiden titles (except NGS2 which annoys the hell out of me).

I know I will get this game when its out because thats how stupid fanboy I am to NINJA GAIDEN I just wish it wasent Hayashi's poison all over it. But my god Hayashi is on the top worse developers out there that I can think of.
He goes from ADDING content to REMOVING content, not little but big ones, main ones, core ones.

Its like Lords of Shadow and Dante's Inferno now, one weapon, no outfits unlockables, no challenge (except DI had a great co-op feature).
The reason why I didnt play those games much was because of lack of unlockables and variety to the game.
The multiplayer in this game is BAD! Looks nothing but a chaotic sword swings randomly to anyone near you.
And that co-op will be the same corny nonsense from NGS2 guarenteed.
gripper
Greater Ninja
Greater Ninja

PostPosted: Sat Dec 10, 2011 8:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow Sath, I can feel your anger and frustration, you and Cyber sure have a way with words.
I really hope a lot of content goes into the online mode(s) I must admit I was surprised to
see the Art Of Piercing Void so I still haven't given up hope yet, and if worse comes to worse
........Hmmmmm I wonder what Itagaki's doing these days? What? Devils Third you say!?! Laughing

Last edited by gripper on Sat Dec 10, 2011 3:42 pm; edited 1 time in total
BlackNinja9
Greater Ninja
Greater Ninja

PostPosted: Sat Dec 10, 2011 10:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This site was practically dead for awhile, then once new information comes out, it gets filled with negativity. Though I didn't come to this site often I used to love reading Sath, CyberdEvil and mohsin117's posts, but it seems lately that all you guys spot is the negative situations. It's very depressing. Like you have turned the message boards into your own personal venting systems. But in the grand scheme of things everybody needs to vent and sometimes it's good to play devil's advocate, so I actually thank you for it.

One thing is that the only thing constant is change, it's a basic level philosophy. It's kinda ridiculous to think that each game will be exactly the same as the one before it, though COD manages to do every game LOL. At the same time I agree with you, why put stuff in if you take it out. Could've been a trial period? It was stated that Hayashi didn't like the dual katana in NGS1 so he added more stuff for them in NG2. To be honest both Hayashi and Itagaki were nuts so I'm taking everything with a grain of salt.

I didn't mind the sword being the primary weapon, technically it already is. It's always shown in cutscenes. But I do see it kind of stupid to take the other weapons out after you add them. No dabilaharo in NG2 but you put it back in NGS2? Personally the sword is one of my personal favorite weapons as I own a few at home, but I did like to mess with other weapons from time to time. My cousin is an insane beast with the chucks and I'm good with the claws, 2 swords and tonfa (not too good with the long weapons, even in real life). However sometimes I just love to get retarded and flail the kusari-gama around because there is no way you can experience a rush that like with the other weapons. That being said, Steel on Bone is supposed to explore the katana and it's up close cuts, and "you can't portray to portray that with the other weapons. So you give us any weapon we want in multiplayer and I still see Steel on Bone, hmm. There's a discrepancy there.
BlackNinja9
Greater Ninja
Greater Ninja

PostPosted: Sat Dec 10, 2011 10:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

As far as story I like the much darker approach the game is taking. You're talking to a guy who say Akira when he was 6 years and actually like the Dolph Lundgren Punisher (gore and all), though that movie is pretty bad by today's standard. The dark tone and ryu as a dark hero gives the series a mature approach. Having Ryu operate with a black ops unit, as that's what Ninjas were in feudal Japan anyway, is cool. But...the Alchemist thing is kinda strange. I've noticed that Hayashi has a thing for western culture, I see it in everything.

The characters he has designed are all western influenced: Rachel, Sonia, Mizuki is half European, her brother in law is European, London, the Alchemist is a fencer and his assistant is literally in all white, blond and glowing blue eyes.
So yeah, Hayashi is like this is my game, you just gotta deal with it. lol

I would've preferred more Ninjas. Ninjas could've did the same thing the Regent guy is doing, but meh I don't work for them.
MSX2
Greater Ninja
Greater Ninja

Gamertag: PSN: Verdugo04

PostPosted: Sat Dec 10, 2011 1:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sath, that is some prime Game Faqs style post. Take it as you will, and you're voting with your wallet. Given the market's current demographics and the fact that a game like GOW3 is the genre's best seller this gen (and the likes of Bayonetta were financial bombs *and I disliked that game on so many levels *), you can't blame them for trying to go more mainstream. You may not like it and neither does every longtime fan of the modern series, but it's happening.

It could pay off like RE's action direction with RE4 or it could blow in their face. At the end of the day, much like what happened with the RE series, the old games aren't wiped off the map. I'm still playing NGB's mission mode to blow off some steam after a long 10 hour shift.

I'll just keep an eye out until release to see how the single player portion shapes up then decide whether to pick it up at launch or not.
Shrykull
Greater Ninja
Greater Ninja

PostPosted: Sat Dec 10, 2011 1:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bayonetta was a financial bomb ? Didn't know that…

*yeah it's out of topic, but it bugs me >__>*
gripper
Greater Ninja
Greater Ninja

PostPosted: Sat Dec 10, 2011 3:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes Hayashi is definitely a western fanboy, in fact I think he likes Uncharted and
Assassins Creed a little too much, or maybe hes just getting some bad advice.
CyberEvil
Shadow Ninja
Shadow Ninja

Gamertag: XBL: CyberEvil PSN: CyberEvil-PSN
NG - Emblem (Amount: 1) NGB - Master (Amount: 1) NGDS - The Eye of the Dragon (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Sat Dec 10, 2011 4:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BlackNinja9, I simply call things as I see them. There is definitely content to like here, and I'm digging certain things about the overall design. Haven't exactly kept quiet about those things, as you can see over my posts. I am definitely feeling a lot of negativity, though, and it's getting reinforced almost every time I find new information or have the opportunity to check out a new build. Keep in mind that I am a massive proponent of the franchise, so any kind of major deviation from what makes the franchise great is going to sting quite a bit.

I can honestly say that at this point the only thing holding my interest is the possibility of the missions (which thankfully can be done single-player as well as co-op) being great and a similar chance for the story mode. Multiplayer simply has no chance with three months til release. Too much of the groundwork is there for any major changes and Team NINJA isn't exactly known for amazing netcode in any of their releases; pretty much the opposite. With a team that size, the mere presence of multiplayer is hurting the overall package in terms of quality and quantity of content. Couple that with an admission this far from launch that only three maps are planned to be on disc with more as day one DLC and it's not terribly hard to figure out why some of us are up in arms.

We never asked for multiplayer. It will not attract a larger player base. It will not extend the longevity of the game. These are simple facts. Even if the multiplayer game manages to be fun, which is not likely given the core combat model and latency issues that WILL crop up, it is an unnecessary addition that detracts from the rest of the game. Until I get my hands on it (much like I said with the single-player portion), I will withhold any sort of definitive opinion, but it's not a pretty picture so far.

I really want to be excited for this game, and on some level it's not possible that I even pretend I'm not, but I'm grasping at reasons for that excitement. That's not how it should be with my favorite franchise.
Legendary Ninja
Legendary Ninja

Gamertag: Keylay
NG - Emblem (Amount: 1) NGB - Master (Amount: 1) NGDS - The Eye of the Dragon (Amount: 1) NGS - Sigma (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Sat Dec 10, 2011 7:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The multi-player looks meh but I'll try it out. I thought they would have the lifebar finished since the games coming out soon (that can't be the final design, right?). From what I've seen from the story so far, it doesn't seem any better than Ninja Gaiden 1/2.

CyberEvil wrote:
Sigma was made to differentiate the PS3 titles. There won't be another Sigma title as this is a simultaneous release. Also, given the project load the team has, we won't see any additional NG3 content in a non-digital form. You can mark my words on it.

You're forgetting about Ninja Gaiden 3: Razor's Edge (WiiU).
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
MSX2
Greater Ninja
Greater Ninja

Gamertag: PSN: Verdugo04

PostPosted: Sat Dec 10, 2011 8:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In regards to multiplayer, it is overkill. TN is no ND and seems like Hayashi's taking a cue from Uncharted where the single and multiplayer complemented each other. Problem is, they're different genres and I can't think of any developer other than ND that put in multiplayer in a single player game that worked well or even stood out. Case in point, Dead Space 2. Hell, I haven't even used my online pass for that game because the single player was good enough for me.

Funny though about mentioning Uncharted because that level looks like out of Uncharted 3.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ninja Fortress Forum Index -> Ninja Gaiden 3: Razor's Edge All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 4 of 8

Jump to: