ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in   

Ninja Gaiden 3 General Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 16, 17, 18  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ninja Fortress Forum Index -> Ninja Gaiden 3: Razor's Edge
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sath
Shadow Ninja
Shadow Ninja

Gamertag: PSN: ISathI
NGS - Sigma (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2012 1:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No demo!? lol
He wants blinded gamers buy it on impressions and videos and not on personal small experience, says alot really.

All NGs before it had demos before release, but not this one. Its obvious why, he is afraid more gamers will dislike it and not buy it.
Devs who are really sure about their product and their fans, will release a demo, especially when they always have in the past.
Female Tengu
Superior Ninja
Superior Ninja

Gamertag: GalaxySpider PSN: GalaxySpider

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2012 2:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CyberEvil wrote:
Female Tengu, you absolutely cannot compare recycling enemies in an action game to an RPG. Combat is not the focus of Skyrim and those kinds of tropes are expected in that genre. In an action title the entirety of the game is revolving around the combat and enemies play into that in a big way. Ninja Gaiden Black would not be the same, amazing title to this very day if all you did was fight different colors of the ninjas with new abilities the whole way through the game. That's just an absurd way to attempt defending it.

Well, if you call that absurd, I call it absurd that you think it is ok "because it is an RPG". Both games, NG and my named example Skyrim, share the same flaw: enemy receycling at it's best (yes NG1, too). I dont compare the genres at this point, I compare the flaw(s).

Sure in RPG games it's common that you meet the same type of enemies again and again, especially in open world titles. But this is no excuse either. Take an RPG like FF13 (ok, now I compare the same genre). It was linear like crazy, had a blu-ray!! as a medium and receycled even more enemies than Skyrim. Shouldn't it be the other way around here? So I just compared two RPGs now. Even though FF13 is linear and shouldn't have this problem, it simply has it for some reason. BUT it doesn't change anything. Call me dumb if you want, but I call the devs lazy at this point. You can take any genre and game. It was always a problem and always will be.
I guess "time" and "budget" and the most vaild reasons for not having loooots of different enemies (no, not the colors) but is there any reason for me why I, the customer, should care about the publishers money problems? No.

As for NG3, I dont think you will only fight ninjas and magic tetris dudes in NG3 or do you already own a release build of the game?

Quote:

And the fact you said "say what you want, it looks awesome" is like saying "your opinion doesnt mean sh!t it was awesome".
You were insulting me pretty much when I didnt say anything to you, defending something I have a different opinion on and praised your own.

wow, the line wasn't directed at you or anyone else.

Last edited by Female Tengu on Fri Feb 17, 2012 2:40 pm; edited 4 times in total
mohsin117
Head Ninja
Head Ninja

Gamertag: mohsin117 PSN: mohsin117

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2012 2:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

im guessing these images are of the co-op and not the multiplayer, im sure I read that the co-op missions will take place in enclosed parts of the single player, so we can see the London and Dubai level , so going on the assumption that all the co-op levels will take place in locations introduced in the single player does that mean we will see Sky City again and will be going back to Tairon, AHH! back to Vigaroo back to Tairon!

Or are they just bring back some of the old locations for the co-op backdrops?

I have a very slight feeling that there really isn’t going to be any fiends in the main game and story there just going to be in mission mode, and there isn’t going to be any new types of fiends (like grater fiends) just the old ones, but until that’s confirmed im going to assume their in the story mode as well and so… YAY FIENDS!
Shadow Ninja
Shadow Ninja

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2012 2:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

@FemaleTengu

Best thing for us to do is to drop this, atleast I am.
Female Tengu
Superior Ninja
Superior Ninja

Gamertag: GalaxySpider PSN: GalaxySpider

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2012 2:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes it's the church from NG1, lol

@Sath

ok
Head Ninja
Head Ninja

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2012 2:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeah its the monastery, and that last pic you posted is Sky City
Greater Ninja
Greater Ninja

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2012 4:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The levels and sequences look awesome, and the visuals are overall gorgeous. The combat and enemies wory me a bit more: one can't deny they seriously lack variety. The boss battle is cool and all, but what are these missiles for? It looks like they have no chance of actually hitting you…

And yes, no demo sucks.

Quote:

Atleast I know there is a NEW and BETTER ninja coming, Raiden for Metal Gear Rising, that one looks leaps better than this game.

Revengeance doesn't seem all that new or impressive for the little we've seen. It looks a lot like… well, NG3. Except you send the giant robot flying in the air before slicing it.
mohsin117
Head Ninja
Head Ninja

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2012 6:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fsmitsu got a lode of new screes, there all from the same fight but some new ones

http://www.famitsu.com/images/000/010/125/4f3dd16324eff.html
Shadow Ninja
Shadow Ninja

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2012 10:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shrykull wrote:

Quote:

Atleast I know there is a NEW and BETTER ninja coming, Raiden for Metal Gear Rising, that one looks leaps better than this game.

Revengeance doesn't seem all that new or impressive for the little we've seen. It looks a lot like… well, NG3. Except you send the giant robot flying in the air before slicing it.

It is doing alot of stuff Ninja Gaiden should have done since NG2.
More freedom to move around with AGILITY, something Ryu is nerfed since the beginning (superninja my @ss).
The super quick slashes that is gameplay but is auto UT charge in NG, the exagerated moves all in real time.

Again, its doing much more than NG3 is doing 10x.
I am much more excited for that because Raiden is stylish and has agility behind his moves while Ryu is still the stiff guy we know since NG1.
More people are excited for MG Rising than they are for NG3 and I dont blame them.
Shrykull
Greater Ninja
Greater Ninja

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2012 3:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Meh… whether or not Raiden is "more free to move around", we'll see when we know a bit more. For now we just know he's more free to cut enemies in pieces the size he wants, which is of dubious interest.
Wanderfalke
Expert Ninja
Expert Ninja

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2012 7:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shrykull wrote:
Meh… whether or not Raiden is "more free to move around", we'll see when we know a bit more. For now we just know he's more free to cut enemies in pieces the size he wants, which is of dubious interest.

Totally agree. To be honest. the gameplay video of MGR where you can see how he´s cutting an enemy like 20 times looks pretty stupid. I wonder if we have to mash buttons for those sequences.
Head Ninja
Head Ninja

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2012 8:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Team NINJA: 'developers must change or wither and die'

We approached Team NINJA with some questions about the ever-changing industry and how it is keeping its development fresh. We also asked about co-op mode, the lack of dismemberment in the sequel, and the newly added multiplayer mode. Team NINJA had some strong words to say about the changing industry and how a development team survives within it.

PSU:
Is Ninja Gaiden 3 adapting to a western audience by making it easier to get into for those who never got into the series, or keeps it roots from previous games which were challenging but rewarding and fun?

Hayashi:
In the end we chose to both audiences. For those who want to still feel the traditional Ninja Gaiden, all you have to do is choose the Ninja play style. You will get the challenge that is characteristic of the series. For those looking for more casual experience, or if you have struggled with the series in the past, just choose the Hero play style. You will be able to experience what makes a Japanese Dark Hero, Ryu Hayabusa until the very end of the saga. You can choose which play style mid-game, so Ninja Gaiden 3 does not choose its players but rather tries to offer an experience for each type of player.

PSU:
"How has the departure of Itagaki-san affected the development and philosophy of the new Team NINJA? Did he have an influence in the games developed at Team Ninja or everyone had his/her input?"

Hayashi:
"Most of the staff on the team have worked with him at one point or another, so there has been some influence of course. Personally, I made games with him for a long time and I learned a lot from Itagaki-san. But all that aside. At Team NINJA, we are focusing on "now" and how we can make games that befit this day and age. The industry is so fast moving that an event that happened a few years ago no longer bears a huge impact on anything. Development teams that can't adapt to change only wither and die away. In our case, there is no meaning in focusing and comparing every single detail of Team NINJA fame from then to those of now."

PSU:
"How are you planning to make the multiplayer in Ninja Gaiden 3 relevant in today's market and why did Team NINJA decided to add one?"

Hayashi:
"There is nothing on the market like this that has a full-fledged online experience. We thought that Ninja Gaiden should be the game to introduce this. We want all action gamers to try this out and feel future potential of this kind of online play."

PSU:
"What is the reason behind not having dismemberment?"

Hayashi:
"We didn't feel any future behind the ever-growing expressions of violence. Just by making the game more gory, this only gives the player a burst of self-satisfaction momentarily, yet no difference in the way the game feels. In Ninja Gaiden 3, we wanted to give a feeling and sensation to players through the controller. Through this game feel, we wanted to make the violence feel substantial and visceral, and not just cosmetic."

PSU:
"In co-op, will it be our created ninjas or Ryu and company?"

Hayashi:
"Co-op will follow in the same path as the online mode which is Shadows of the World. So players will become a rookie Ninja and work their way up the ladder by working together to overcome some tough opponents."

PSU:
"This is the first Ninja Gaiden being released simultaneously on PS3 and Xbox 360. Did that affect development at all?"

Hayashi:
"We were actually aware that this might cause difficulties so we decided to organize ourselves about two years ago and now it's all smooth as silk. You'll notice that there is hardly a difference with the game between the two platforms."

http://www.psu.com/Team-NINJA--developers-must-change-or-wither-and-die--a014411-p0.php

Last edited by mohsin117 on Tue Feb 21, 2012 8:40 am; edited 1 time in total
mohsin117
Head Ninja
Head Ninja

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2012 8:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Interviewers have got to stop asking about Itagaki! ask about the friking game, it seems as though you can't get an interview with TN these days without the staple opening question about Itagaki's departure, it's good for Itagaki's ego but not good for people who just want to know about the game

I wish someone would ask about plans for DLC and such,

Have to say that when he talks about the dismemberment doesn't make the most amount of sense,

"We didn't feel any future behind the ever-growing expressions of violence. Just by making the game more gory, this only gives the player a burst of self-satisfaction momentarily, yet no difference in the way the game feels. In Ninja Gaiden 3, we wanted to give a feeling and sensation to players through the controller. Through this game feel, we wanted to make the violence feel substantial and visceral, and not just cosmetic."

He says dismemberment only adds visuals and "self-satisfaction", which id say is a really big thing, and it doesn't affect the game in any way, but then why take it out? So basically NG3 is NG2 but without that epic feeling you get after a fight and without the cool visuals?

Going on what I see of NG3 the kills fail to provide the kick that NG2 did it doesn't have that "self-satisfaction"
Obviously going to have to live with the lack of dismemberment, and you I think iv gotten over it but these half assed reasons TN and Hayashi keep given, really not helping, its NGS2 and the mist situation all over again
Shadow Ninja
Shadow Ninja

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2012 1:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, there is gonna be a action game with online experience, Anarchy Reign, so stop kidding yourself Hayashi.
And he is STILL sticking with that stupid excuse of no dismemberment because it doesnt "feel right"? LOL
It looks "cosmetically" stupid to do a SoB so brutal and still have limbs attached to the body.

Hayashi is one of the worse liars and PR BS guys I have seen from a gaming company.
He makes excuses for stuff he CANT do so he doesnt need to do it even though majority wants it he doesnt give it to them.
Main this guy is just too silly to care much about what he says.
gripper
Greater Ninja
Greater Ninja

Gamertag: XBL: kgripper

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2012 3:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I understand all of the hurt feelings around here, I really do especially when a series
you loved so much seems to be devolving instead of evolving. The screen shots were awesome
thank you, the video gave me a lot to think about too as for my own personal opinion on the game
so far. All I have to say to Hayashi is..............If you let me use my created Ninja in story mode
ALL IS FORGIVEN!!!!! Very Happy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ninja Fortress Forum Index -> Ninja Gaiden 3: Razor's Edge All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 16, 17, 18  Next
Page 8 of 18

Jump to: