ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in   

NG3 @ TGS
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ninja Fortress Forum Index -> Ninja Gaiden 3: Razor's Edge
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sath
Shadow Ninja
Shadow Ninja

Gamertag: PSN: ISathI
NGS - Sigma (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2011 11:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is Hardmode http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y19D7adYsZ0
Keylay
Legendary Ninja
Legendary Ninja

Gamertag: Keylay
NG - Emblem (Amount: 1) NGB - Master (Amount: 1) NGDS - The Eye of the Dragon (Amount: 1) NGS - Sigma (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2011 12:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wonder if Ninja Gaiden Sigma is just a port or if they'll do something else to it. I'm guessing that it might have touch controls. Guess we'll have to wait for more info.

The ninpo looks cool. Looks like he has to build up a meter by attacking enemies to fill it up. It's kind of a like a super in a 2D fighting game. I couldn't hear everything he said about Hero mode (low volume at work) but it's sounds like it's just not an easy mode but will show more custcenes? I'm too lazy to go back and re-watch both but it doesn't seem like they showed the cutscen where the guy was begging for his life.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Female Tengu
Superior Ninja
Superior Ninja

Gamertag: GalaxySpider PSN: GalaxySpider

PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2011 12:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The small bar fills with each hit (not kill) and depletes automatically after a battle. Seems like they made it, so you cant save your ninpo and have to work to get ninpo. It's definitely the ninpo because the bar was empty as well when he activated the fire ninpo.

Quote:

I agree, just saying that it's still cold. The fact that the man mentioned his family showed extreme desperation. As if he worked with the terrorist as a way to help his family. As ridiculous as that may sound to you, you will be surprised what you would be willing to do in order to help your family. I bet on a regular day that guy would've never chosen to go against Ryu. Yes, it could've been a ploy, but a man is at his lowest level when he begs.

EVERY Soldier mentions the familly when they are about to die, lol. Begging for mercy is a sign of a coward. He choosed his life as a soldier, he knew he could actually die in battle. Now the dude has to deal with it. Begging is not an option for a true soldier.
Shadow Ninja
Shadow Ninja

PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2011 1:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This begging stuff is absolutely horrible, thats the only thing that pisses me off from the gameplay tbh.
mohsin117
Head Ninja
Head Ninja

Gamertag: mohsin117 PSN: mohsin117

PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2011 5:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Some screens from the press/fan kit ill post only the ones that havenít already been posted, the kit includes the logo and key art and some NGS PSV screens and thereís also a DOA5 kit, Iíll try and post the link to download the kit

NINJA GAIDEN 3_05 by mohsin117, on Flickr

NINJA GAIDEN 3_08 by mohsin117, on Flickr

NINJA GAIDEN 3_09 by mohsin117, on Flickr

NINJA GAIDEN 3_07 by mohsin117, on Flickr

NINJA GAIDEN 3_10 by mohsin117, on Flickr

I hope thereís customisation in the for the multiplayer character, seeing the game without all the button prompts looked great and it really looked like an NG game but there is just no logic behind the reasons they give for the lack of dismemberment, im shocked by how seriously and easily they give out a statement like that itís as though in their minds it makes complete sense, seriously do they listen to what they say when they say it, itís got to be written down some where they really got to read it to them selfís before reading it out the ever one
There isnít going to be any dismemberment in nG3 iv accepted that, buy why donít they just give us a straight answer?

I like that there trying to do a good story but Im not likening how theyíre going about it whatís with all there military solders and government agents, in NG2/S2 the CIA gets Ryu to save the world and now we get this cocky US general saying Ninjas are from the past

Female Tengu wrote:
BlackNinja9 wrote:
Now, I'm into the dark/anti-hero ambiance/persona but I have to admit this new trailer shows how dark Ryu has become. How could you kill a man who is begging for his life, his has no dignity, nothing left at that point.
http://youtu.be/s8Cmuaxojmo

lol, that dude was a soldier who tried to kill Ryu. Why shouldn't Ryu kill him?

Can someone "translate" the screaming of the girl?

So basically his arm went mad for some reason, lol, and Ryu still has the DS at the beginning (the location in the trailer was the London tutorial level). Later, actually right after teh tutorial, his arm absorbs the sword (I guess there is some curse responsible for it) and he has to look for other swords which cannot be affected by evil spirits. Would explain why Ryu used the BOTA in the E3 trailer and some generic katana on the recently released screens. One side effect of his arm may be that the power of the DS carry over to otehr sowrds so he can still use attacks/moves etc(?)

And what the hell happened to Ryus father. He is suddenly blind f0aR no RaiZoNN xD

Is the DS absorbed in to his arm, thatís pretty original and cool but the Revenant of the Mask seems to be the one thatís afflicted that on him and that brings me back to what I said before abut the London demo being a demo, Ryu most likely wonít have that infected arm during the London level

Sath wrote:
@Tengu
I think she says "medic".

Latest build to E3 footage http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jpf4SRgip-8
I wish it was a new level and all, but whatever.

4 things I noticed.

1. They added more visual effects, like afterimage, some sort of a mini-bar (ninpo?).
2. Enemies will ask for mercy (i think this is stupid as hell, they will be killed as soon as possible.)
3. No QTE on-screen which made me not get pissed.
4. Ninpo is awesome! Its much more visual. A flaming dragon sweeping and killing.

I love the gameplay now, and the player really played great.
Fast, knew what the hell he was doing.

The ninpo seems to have been replaced by the refilling bar, no more ninpo flames itís a new NG im cool with them changing it ill live with it and it also looks like there might not be rebounding health

Keylay wrote:
I wonder if Ninja Gaiden Sigma is just a port or if they'll do something else to it. I'm guessing that it might have touch controls. Guess we'll have to wait for more info.

The ninpo looks cool. Looks like he has to build up a meter by attacking enemies to fill it up. It's kind of a like a super in a 2D fighting game. I couldn't hear everything he said about Hero mode (low volume at work) but it's sounds like it's just not an easy mode but will show more custcenes? I'm too lazy to go back and re-watch both but it doesn't seem like they showed the cutscen where the guy was begging for his life.

Im not getting the idea behind NGS PSV its really contradicting what Hayashi says about previous NGs being out of date and something we already seen,
The fact that its called Ninja Gaiden Sigma doesnít really give me much hope in there being anything new in the game, they really should have given it another name,

I donít now how well this is going to sell I mean itís not like a HD remake and you can but NGS for a fraction of the price of what NGSPSV will cost,
Its funny God of War Chronicles went form a PSP game to a PS3 game but NGS goes from a PS3 game to a PSV game
If they were going to do a NG rerelease they should have done NGS and NGS2 and NGDS all at once cos you know theyíre going to releases NGS2 on the PSV as well

I was pretty pissed when I heard they were doing NGS for the PSV cos I thought that was the only announcement but now that they announced DOA5 im not to pissed about eh PSV announcement i might get a PSV for it

NINJA GAIDEN Sigma_PS Vita_03 by mohsin117, on Flickr

NINJA GAIDEN Sigma_PS Vita_02 by mohsin117, on Flickr

NINJA GAIDEN Sigma_PS Vita_01 by mohsin117, on Flickr
Superior Ninja
Superior Ninja

PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2011 2:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What put me off the Vita wasn't the low battery. Its the fact the battery can't be changed. WTF Sony? I'm not hating I just wonder why Sony did so much right only to kill my interest by doing this. Seriously why lock the battery? What are they thinking? I might get a redesign and consider it then. I do want to take this with me on holiday.

Can someone tell me how you would replace the battery if it dies on you? Forgive my ignorance Sad
mohsin117
Head Ninja
Head Ninja

PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2011 3:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hay? what the battery cant be charged?
dose it run on AA batterys or some thing

edit:
PSV battery 3-5 hours and about 2 hours charging

http://uk.psp.ign.com/articles/119/1194435p1.html

Last edited by mohsin117 on Thu Sep 15, 2011 4:03 am; edited 1 time in total
Sath
Shadow Ninja
Shadow Ninja

PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2011 3:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ouch Confused
Primeval_Demon
Superior Ninja
Superior Ninja

PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2011 4:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Someone posted it from the playstation blog. We were having a discussion on a forum. I was iffy about the smaller battery life. I would have at least liked 3DS/PSP power (I'm fine with that). So some were talking about getting third party batteries like PSP and 3DS to make it last longer.

http://us.playstation.com/support/answer/index.htm?a_id=2254

"Q: Can you take out the battery from the system?
A: No. We have adopted embedded battery since PS Vita is equipped with a rear touch pad."

So what do you do when the battery cr@ps out on you then? This seriously looked like the handheld PSP should have been and then this came up Confused What do you do when you run out of charges? Its bad enough the battery is lower already. Do you buy a new system or what? This is exactly why people say Sony don't get handhelds.

Even rechargeable batteries die after so many charges. I seriously thought whoever said the battery can't be changed was trolling.
mohsin117
Head Ninja
Head Ninja

PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2011 4:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lol sorry I thought you said the battery canít be charged not changed, I was like what it canít be charged?
Superior Ninja
Superior Ninja

PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2011 4:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I still see it as a problem because I don't get it. When the battery dies what do you do if you can't change it. Any ideas?
mohsin117
Head Ninja
Head Ninja

PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2011 5:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

By ďdieĒ you mean the battery gives out yes, maybe its living in in different arrears cos when we say ďmy batteryís diedĒ it mean itís out of charge and then obviously you just charge it

If you mean what happens if the battery completely gives out, then you got warranty and stuff and even if you donít have warranty a lot of mobile phone shops do fix things like PSP and DS, the shop I work at weív replaced so many DS screens so the battery is something that can be replaced

Also if you wanting a longer life battery you can get external battery packs which a pretty small and will plug in to USB slots and other adaptors, but itís probably not the ideal thing

maybe we should start a NGS PSV tread in the Ninja Gaiden ∑ Sigma section
Superior Ninja
Superior Ninja

PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2011 5:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hope there are external batteries. Yeah I do mean completely cave Laughing

I'm going to wait for more information on this area because this seems like it can cause all sorts of problems for me. The battery may not (though that is not a guarantee) last me through both train journeys when I go on trips. Without the ability to change batteries if it loses power then I can't swap it for another one.

I will be at least looking at a redesign before I buy this. Hopefully a bigger battery and the ability to change it. With not changing it I would normally say "no good can come from this" but I'm taking the wait and see approach. It looks like I will be waiting for a second one before parting with my cash (especially since I'm lacking in funds).
mohsin117
Head Ninja
Head Ninja

PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2011 5:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Its rear for a battery to completely give out, that being said back when I had a Nokia N8 the battery just messed up it wouldnít hold charge for more than 10mins but like I say its rear

But if you are concerned do look in to external battery backs you can get some pretty small ones search for the ones made by battery companies like Duracell they have ones where you can just put normal AA batteries in them, a standard AA batteries will give you I think 4 or 6 hours on a Samsung Galaxy S2, and then you just throw the batteries out once your done or you could get rechargeable AA batteries which you just recharge, or you could do away with eh AAs and just get a rechargeable battery back, and like say they fit in to USB mini USB and you can get all sorts of adapters for them

Iv been running completely fine with my 3DS, that being said in my bag I always carry a few essences all the time which include a 3DS charger a phone charger and in my wallet there an extra battery for my phone, im always prepared Very Happy
Superior Ninja
Superior Ninja

PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2011 5:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll try that then if I end up with one. Marvel VS Capcom 3 and Sigma tempt me. What I still don't get is Sony's reasoning behind this. I mean, of all the things you expect to see in a handheld, a locked battery is the last.

Kind of like you guys with decaps I suppose Laughing You just assume its there. I guess the shoe is on the other foot now Shocked
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ninja Fortress Forum Index -> Ninja Gaiden 3: Razor's Edge All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 6 of 8

Jump to: