ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in   

NG3 @ TGS
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ninja Fortress Forum Index -> Ninja Gaiden 3: Razor's Edge
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Female Tengu
Superior Ninja
Superior Ninja

Gamertag: GalaxySpider PSN: GalaxySpider

PostPosted: Sat Sep 10, 2011 3:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why shouldn't he wear his weapons visible on his armor. I mean, if he carries around a bow you should be able to see it. Especially when there is actually no place on his suit to hide all that stuff, lol

In most action games (and FPSs) these days you can see characters carrying weapons on the back. Dont think this is a problem in NG. Never really saw a problem with it in Sigma 2, too. And now with NG3s multiplayer, it can only be helpful.
Greater Ninja
Greater Ninja

PostPosted: Sat Sep 10, 2011 4:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sath wrote:
Hopefully its not stuck on his back from start to finish, annoying.

I too agree. I like the "clean look" myself, to hell with trying to be realistic on the suit.

...Oh, & new screens:

Cool

Primeval_Demon
Superior Ninja
Superior Ninja

PostPosted: Sat Sep 10, 2011 9:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Female Tengu wrote:
In most action games (and FPSs) these days you can see characters carrying weapons on the back. Dont think this is a problem in NG. Never really saw a problem with it in Sigma 2, too.

I don't get that either. An awful lot of games I play do it. Its happened in Zelda for years. It doesn't effect the gameplay so why does it matter?

Its sort of like saying the Goron bracelet equipped on his arm really bugs me.
Sath
Shadow Ninja
Shadow Ninja

Gamertag: PSN: ISathI
NGS - Sigma (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Sat Sep 10, 2011 11:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Its ok, I LOVE the female agent, sexy! Yes she reminds me of Momiji, my favorite female design, and now she just joined lol.

Also, Ryu seems to have another "generic" design katana sword now, you can tell from the scabbard and the black guard on the katana (the thing next to the grip, instead of gold like Dragon Sword its black).

There is one thing on Ryu's back, I have no idea what that is.

In the small scan images I thought it was Ryu that had those daggers with reversed grip, like Ayane, but I am wrong.

Anyways, I am hoping to god they add fiends and underworld stuff in the game, I dont want to fight humans only Sad

PS. Nice enemy bike, reminds me of Final Fantasy/Priest (movie).
Primeval_Demon
Superior Ninja
Superior Ninja

PostPosted: Sun Sep 11, 2011 12:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sath wrote:
.Anyways, I am hoping to god they add fiends and underworld stuff in the game, I dont want to fight humans only Sad

I'm sure there will be fiends if thats what you mean man. Also great minds think alike XD
Sath
Shadow Ninja
Shadow Ninja

PostPosted: Sun Sep 11, 2011 1:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Primeval_Demon wrote:
Sath wrote:
.Anyways, I am hoping to god they add fiends and underworld stuff in the game, I dont want to fight humans only Sad

I'm sure there will be fiends if thats what you mean man. Also great minds think alike XD

There has to be fiends and underworld considering its a big thing in the NG universe.
mohsin117
Head Ninja
Head Ninja

Gamertag: mohsin117 PSN: mohsin117

PostPosted: Sun Sep 11, 2011 2:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

CoolBlackKnight thank you for posting these

New NG new bow next up new Ayane, the bow seems to be a fold away type one you can see it on his back it has both ends facing down, also the Dragon Sword seems to have gotten a new sheath and umm unmasked Ryu, I hope this isn't going to be like a thing there going to be doing throughout the game hen don't have his mask on there going to put a shadow on his eyes and we can only see his eyes when he's got the scarf/mask on, cos you know some ones just going to do a Photoshop of the 2, and you sort of miss the whole point of "unmasking" if we never do see him, and im little disappointed with what we can see, we had this indication before that if thereís really nothing special about his face do we need to see it, but like the old guy's got a scar he looks battle hardened but Ryuís face looks like babies bottom, I suppose it might be a testament to Ruy that he gets in to so many fight s and avoids scaring but still

And they also seem to be ripping a lot form Bayman

it's looking very nice the enemy weapon looks cool, and a new environment guessing it's the middle east going on the style of the swords and the sand, somewhere new for Ryu which is cool just hope that it doesn't get political, the sand environment which im sick off in shooter seems pretty fresh for a ninja,

I hear the new girls name is Mizuki McCloud, (let me guess Japanese mother American father) and she's from Japan's Self-Defense Force, personally I don't like government agents whatever government they be from, there was appoint when orders came from Joe now they seem to be coming from the government, but whatever I suppose the Japan Self-Defense Force is a step up from the CIA
O and pleas no stupid one sided romance, really no need

I never had an issue with eh bow or cannon on Ryuís back but I do understand what people are saying, but it comes down to what other weapons dose Ryu have if his only got the bow itís going to have to stay on is back, and having the weapon equipped on the body dose play in to game mechanic cos you can see what weapon you have equipped, cos if it were to be hidden then we might end up getting an Icon on the UI like a bow I con or windmill icon representing the weapon thatís equipped
Thatís sort of why I had an issue with them removing the ninpo icons from NGS2 cos thereís no way to know whatís equipped

I donít think itís fair to say you should see his weapon cos thereís on place to put it, granted the weapons that are equipped have to be on his body and have to be seen, but what about all the other weapons you canít have 12 weapons strapped to Ryuís back,
They really got to but in a weapon spawning animation like in God of War when you switch weapons they sort of come from fire, but in NG they just pop up they should just use the mist effect for when you switch weapons

Sath wrote:

Also, Ryu seems to have another "generic" design katana sword now, you can tell from the scabbard and the black guard on the katana (the thing next to the grip, instead of gold like Dragon Sword its black).

There is one thing on Ryu's back, I have no idea what that is.

You know you might be right, first I thought it was the Dragon Sword with a new sheath for NG3 but now im thinking that we already seen the DS in NG3,
So yeah itís a new weapon, man their taking this katana thing literally ant they I thought it might mean some different types of swords but no, it seems like a missed opportunity Ryu in the east and not getting a Scimitar
And thatís the bow on his back the ring parts you can see the wire threaded through

ng3 new sword and bow by mohsin117, on Flickr

And come on people there will be finds in NG3, I think they said it already but even if they havenít itís obvious there will be going on the very first thing we ever seen of NG3, the arm that is the result of the fiends
Head Ninja
Head Ninja

Gamertag: mohsin117 PSN: mohsin117

PostPosted: Sun Sep 11, 2011 4:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Some details on the arm from the famitsu web site translated by microsofttranslator
Basically the more Ryu kill people the more the arm hurts,also the old man is called Shakujii Ken and girls is Mitsuki

Quote:
"Japanese-dark hero" concept to Ryu, round 3 action games draw the activity of the Peregrine Falcon.
This time featured the prologue to the story.

Ryu-Peregrine Falcon is ď masked guru Ē encountered in London from wearer ď slaughter Ē curse in his right arm. It is a of people have been killed so far, and the business of murder. Kill people who kill, the more it hurt the right arm, Ryu, which afflicted the Peregrine Falcon. However, continue to slaughter a ghostly achieve can be done, Ryu is voluntarily entered not only had. The killing shall wait for each other to c.

Ryu sneaked in the desert ruins city chasing the armed uprising in London, a mysterious organization. Mercenary group cede special knife in front of him to be the Damascus steel material appears. Expands to the horrific battle dance battle groups use the knife with both arms and a blood droplet.

http://www.microsofttranslator.com/bv.aspx?from=ja&to=en&a=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.famitsu.com%2Fnews%2F201109%2F10049718.html
Expert Ninja
Expert Ninja

PostPosted: Sun Sep 11, 2011 4:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cool new stuff! I think that he uses the same Katana as in the GDC Teaser.
Shadow Ninja
Shadow Ninja

PostPosted: Sun Sep 11, 2011 5:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mitsuki ftw! Very Happy

Last edited by Sath on Sun Sep 11, 2011 5:41 am; edited 1 time in total
Female Tengu
Superior Ninja
Superior Ninja

Gamertag: GalaxySpider PSN: GalaxySpider

PostPosted: Sun Sep 11, 2011 5:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Katana from the first Trailer was the BOTA. In E3 he used the DS.

Quote:
I donít think itís fair to say you should see his weapon cos thereís on place to put it, granted the weapons that are equipped have to be on his body and have to be seen, but what about all the other weapons you canít have 12 weapons strapped to Ryuís back,

If you cant use 12 weapons at the same time, then there is no reason to see them. What most games are doing is showing the weapons you currently have equipped, as a reminder in battle etc. Of course you cant have +12 weapons visible on your/a character, lol. But what's in your inventory and not usable at the moment doesn't matter anyway.

What TN did with the bo, looks good and ok, for a ninja. AND you can see this stuff, which is cool IMO.

Time to reveal Ayane Very Happy
Greater Ninja
Greater Ninja

PostPosted: Sun Sep 11, 2011 8:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

When you look at the female agent, you just know Itagaki isn't here anymore: she has human proportions. Looks a lot like Momiji indeed.

The katana looks like the DS to me, but it's true the sheath is differentÖ hum, actually the blade seems longer too, more like the BotAÖ
Sath
Shadow Ninja
Shadow Ninja

PostPosted: Sun Sep 11, 2011 10:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shrykull wrote:
When you look at the female agent, you just know Itagaki isn't here anymore: she has human proportions. Looks a lot like Momiji indeed.

The katana looks like the DS to me, but it's true the sheath is differentÖ hum, actually the blade seems longer too, more like the BotAÖ

Thats one thing I give kudos for Hayashi, weapon/character designs.

That being said, katanas all look the same unless their purpose is for different use.
So you thinking it looks like Dragon Sword then its nothing.

But, what matters is if Ryu will change combat style with this one or not.
There is one style that is awesome is Iaito, its super fast. Basically its like the sword in DMC. Its quick slashes and back tot he scabbard.
Though Ryu has the scabbard on his back.
Primeval_Demon
Superior Ninja
Superior Ninja

PostPosted: Sun Sep 11, 2011 11:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great to see you changed your mind Sath Wink Hayashi just throws in fan service on the side.

I'm actually quite surprised there isn't someone with boobs the size of Rachel here. I guess Itagaki was part of the influence there (but thats not saying it won't happen).
Sath
Shadow Ninja
Shadow Ninja

PostPosted: Sun Sep 11, 2011 12:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

@Primeval

Itagaki may add big boobs but Hayashi lets us MOVE them at WILL lol

I am just tired of the hating, I either take it or leave it, my opinions on the game wont change Hayashi's mind at all, non of us do really.

Unless you are a game tester at TN in Japan you are pretty much out of luck 99%.

Unlike western devs, they have dedicated forums, devs...etc. talking and communicating with fans, but whatever.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ninja Fortress Forum Index -> Ninja Gaiden 3: Razor's Edge All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 2 of 8

Jump to: