ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in   

NG3 at Gamescon
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ninja Fortress Forum Index -> Ninja Gaiden 3: Razor's Edge
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MSX2
Greater Ninja
Greater Ninja

Gamertag: PSN: Verdugo04

PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2011 12:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sath wrote:

Even the new combat DMC trailer hyped me more than NG3 in general.

Let's not get crazy here. DmC looked like DMC2 on steroids and it's running at 30fps. It's also coming from a developer known for clunky gameplay with very poor controller response time.

As far as NG3 is concerned, I'm still on board. Put it this way, I didn't like NGII for a number of reasons, mainly the technical and odd design shortcomings and NGS2 salvaged that for me a bit.

NGII's and by extension, NGS2's slowdown issues were largely caused by vertex overdrawing. Hell, NGII ran at a sub-HD resolution just to have dismemberment and a lot of enemies on screen. If doing away with that ensures a better frame rate, I'm up for it.

Though I'm curious, would any of you mind having heads or limbs vanish over time ala NG1 or GOW? That's one way around that.
mohsin117
Head Ninja
Head Ninja

Gamertag: mohsin117 PSN: mohsin117

PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2011 2:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Completely agree the lame excuses are what gets at me the most, we’ve been hearing these stupid excuses since NGS2, and now we get this decapitation is cartoony but now they changed their minds decapitation is no longer in the game because it’s something we already seen, so does that mean that in NG4 there won’t be SoB? Cos we would have seen that buy then, maybe they’re going to get rid of Ryu because we see crap lodes of him now, and logically because we’ve been paying for TN games over and over again with Ryu in them there going to take him out of the next one, why cos we already seen it…

There was slowdown in NG2 which was not good but at least you could say it’s because all the blood and decapitation and limbs lying around and all the enemies on screen, but then they got rid of it all in NGS2 and there was still slowdown granted it wasn’t as much but there was no excuse for it in NGS2, and seriously how much slowdown was there in NG2/S2? Guaranteed slowdown on the stairs to the chamber of sacrifice and that’s really the only place I remember getting lowdown
Now there student be slowdown in a game and im not saying its ok for NG2 to have slow down because there was decapitation

And just because decapitation causes slow down doesn’t mean you just get rid of it, you fix it, I don’t understand that thinking “it’s not working as well as it should so let’s just get rid of the whole thing”
And it’s not like the decapitation was bad so if you get rid of it people won’t care, and we all know that the biggest complaint of NGS2 from people was the lack of blood and disappearing limbs

I don’t get why are they going backwards?
NG/B = little to no blood and decapitation,
NGS = increase blood, 1 step forward
NG2 = further increase blood and add decapitation, 2 steps forward
NGS2 = remove blood and limbs disappear, 2 steps backwards
NG3 = totally no decapitation, 1 step back again
And you can’t say that bringing blood back is a step forward because that should have been in NGS2 from the first place, now I know that there were lots of other advances in between games but that doesn’t make up for taking things out, that’s also a line of thinking I don’t understand “where going to take this out but where going to give you this instead” why? Why you taking it out for, do thy clash with each other? Can’t you fit both of them on to a disc, makes no sense what’s going to happen next, Dead or Alive 5! We got rid of Kasumi and Hitomi but don’t worry we got 2 new characters!

Honestly I despite all my ranting I do think NG3 is going to be an amazing game, it’s just not shaping up to be an amazing NG game, this game isn’t looking like what NG3 should be
Greater Ninja
Greater Ninja

PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2011 3:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Clearly, the excuse doesn't make any sense… I'm not even sure if they know themselves why they removed that feature. I personnally don't mind the absence of decapitations (there was none in Sigma either after all, except for fiends) but the fact that they constantly change the explanation makes me wonder if they really know what they are doing… that's not even about censor since there are still gallons of blood and enemies agonising and crying on the ground…
mohsin117
Head Ninja
Head Ninja

PostPosted: Sat Aug 20, 2011 4:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ninja Gaiden 3 Story To Take 8-10 Hours

We recently got to sit down with Yosuke Hayashi head of Team Ninja and talk about the upcoming Ninja Gaiden 3. We went on to ask about the length of the story in comparison to other titles in the series. The answer is one that some may find interesting.

So we sat down with Hayashi San and had a little Q&A session with him (which you will be able to read more of Friday) regarding Team Ninja’s development of Ninja Gaiden 3. We asked how long is Ninja Gaiden 3′s story or campaign set to be given the fact that many of the series have usually ended up to be lengthy affairs. Hayashi’s response was “Well the singleplaer will look to take about 8 – 10 hours however that will change depending on how skilled the player is.” He also went on to explain, “Also it is worth remembering that the game is a work in progress still and so things are bound to change when they try and get it down to a game code.” So 8-10 hours rough estimate is not that bad, so it stacks up evenly with previous iterations in the franchise.

Check back for more Ninja Gaiden 3 and Gamescom coverage throughout the weekend.

http://thegamershub....ake-8-10-hours/
Shadow Ninja
Shadow Ninja

Gamertag: PSN: ISathI
NGS - Sigma (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Sat Aug 20, 2011 5:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="MSX2"]
Sath wrote:

Thing with me is that I dont treat DmC as a Devil May Cry game no matter what.
I see it as a new IP were the character is called Dante, like Dante's Inferno, but whatever.

The 30fps is dumb sure, but I rather take what I have seen from the combat trailer for DMC any day compared to NG3.

And yes, decapitation was and still is super important in NG after NG2, it opened new doors on how you see the enemies behavior and the satisfaction you actually cutting off limbs as it should be.

I am just sick and tired of Hayashi and I dont have anymore patience for his nonsense and NG3 is not in my top list of most wanted as a NG title always have been, and thankfully I can check for new IPs were sequals progress to success than failures, like Darksiders 2.
Female Tengu
Superior Ninja
Superior Ninja

Gamertag: GalaxySpider PSN: GalaxySpider

PostPosted: Sat Aug 20, 2011 6:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Why you taking it out for, do thy clash with each other? Can’t you fit both of them on to a disc, makes no sense what’s going to happen next, Dead or Alive 5! We got rid of Kasumi and Hitomi but don’t worry we got 2 new characters!

That doesn't really make sense cauz NG3 still has Ryu Hayabusa. ^^
Comparing a visual feature with a character is a bit wrong. A better idea would be comparing moves of specific DOA characters with it. And since DOA2 TN constantly changes moves/attacks and even removed whole strings of several chars (like Ryus handstand stance or Ayanes combo throw), the process of design development is a usual thing these days. I just have to look at the new Ridge Racer which transformed into a Burnout/Split Second clone. Back to the DOA chars. Sure, they always got something in exchange for it and the new attacks they got are about as effective as the old stuff...but the question is: do you like it, or not? And here comes the point where the devs are saying : "we dont care, it's our game". NG3s follows the same. The SoB event are basically the OTs from NG2 (not 100% but kinda the same). So actually they haven't thrown away the instant kill feature (which was the primary goal of an OT in NG2). Well, my only problem still is the damn randomness of the SoB trigger...

"we dont care, it is our game"...you can look at hundreds of other games. It really shouldn't surprise anyone here nor the damn excuses of the devs. I can say the same to Halo and the dual-wielding feature (firing two guns at the same time). Halo 2 introduced it, Halo 3 still had it (and even brought new dual-wieldable guns), and suddenly Halo Reach (and even ODST) dont have it. And no, the fans got nothing in exchange. As for me, I loved it. Wanna hear what Bungie said, why the removed it? "Because our weapon designer never really liked it". When I heard it I was like WTF?

Quote:
that's not even about censor since there are still gallons of blood and enemies agonising and crying on the ground…

Crying enemies and tons of blood are actually no reasons to censor a game. The splatter is the only reason, for the most parts.
And making different versions for different regions just means more work and more money TN has to throw into this project. It's obvious that TN/TecmoKoei are trying to avoid this at all costs.

Quote:
And just because decapitation causes slow down doesn’t mean you just get rid of it, you fix it, I don’t understand that thinking

They are using a years old engine. There is no way to "fix" this. The only way to do this is creating a brand new engine specifically made for having hundreds of objects on the screen (like Dead Rising and its "Swarm Engine")....and creating an all-around new engine takes AT LEAST 2 years. I highly doubt TN has that amount of time and money, lol
One solution would be to make the limbs disappear in 2 or less seconds as soon as they touch the ground. And guess what? People would complain immediately.

And I have to agree with MSX2, I prefer a real HD resolution with sharp visuals and smoother framerate as well. Especially in a game like NG.
Greater Ninja
Greater Ninja

PostPosted: Sat Aug 20, 2011 6:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

...Hayashi's about to make my eyes roll outta my head. Rolling Eyes

Hell... I'd take the "disappearing limbs" at this point, as long as my decaps were in. And on my 56" LED 1080p HDTV, the sub-HD still looked great to me, & anyone looking at it couldn't tell it wasn't 720p.

...Plus I was killing fiends so fast you didn't have time to notice, lol.

Shrykull
Greater Ninja
Greater Ninja

PostPosted: Sat Aug 20, 2011 9:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
The SoB event are basically the OTs from NG2

It's more like the dismemberments: they are random and the OT is what you do after that. One video even shows us an OT from NG2…

Quote:
Crying enemies and tons of blood are actually no reasons to censor a game. The splatter is the only reason, for the most parts.

Maybe, I don't really know how this works. There are games that get an 18+ without having any "splatters", just brutal actions (Bayonetta for example). Sigma 2 had just a 16+, despite being at a similar degree (the blood may be a purple mist, but heads still explode)…
mohsin117
Head Ninja
Head Ninja

PostPosted: Sat Aug 20, 2011 10:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Female Tengu wrote:
NG3s follows the same. The SoB event are basically the OTs from NG2 (not 100% but kinda the same). So actually they haven't thrown away the instant kill feature (which was the primary goal of an OT in NG2). Well, my only problem still is the damn randomness of the SoB trigger...

If by “kinda the same” you mean they kill the enemy, then yeah there kinda the same kinda the same as ever attack in the game

The point I was making was there was the option to OT or not and that option made the combat more diverse

And here’s aqute from that gamesTM interview:
“What is strange, though, is the clear contradiction between Hayashi’s vision and the game in its current state. The introduction of the ‘Sword On Bone’ mechanic is the culprit behind enraging so many serious Gaiden players, a feature that arguably panders to the cinematic at the expense of gameplay fluidity. Hayabusa’s blade will sometimes get lodged in an enemy mid-combo, a button prompt (which apparently only appear during the early stages, which should delight all those worried about some kind of QTE takeover) asking you to repeat the last button of your combo in order to force the sword through as the camera zooms in on the eruption of bodily fluid. The problems with this should already be clear – randomly triggered kill events completely break the flow of combat and crush any kind of combo planning, with the extreme close-up also making it difficult to plan your next move with such a reduced view of the battlefield. The worst part, however, is the utter lack of payoff. NG2’s most powerful attacks would leave the arena carpeted in limbs and gallons of blood, so the explosion of claret that accompanies Steel On Bone looks strange by comparison when forcing a katana all the way through an enemy in slow-motion leaves them visually unscarred as they bleed out or crawl away. It’s the Soul Blade to its predecessor’s Bushido Blade and for a game so keen to place emphasis on the might and wonder of its main weapon, Ninja Gaiden 3’s leading blade just doesn’t cut the mustard – or anything, for that matter – at this stage. Disappointing.”
Also if people haven’t read that gamesTM interview you should its really good

Female Tengu wrote:
"we dont care, it is our game"...you can look at hundreds of other games. It really shouldn't surprise anyone here nor the damn excuses of the devs. I can say the same to Halo and the dual-wielding feature (firing two guns at the same time). Halo 2 introduced it, Halo 3 still had it (and even brought new dual-wieldable guns), and suddenly Halo Reach (and even ODST) dont have it. And no, the fans got nothing in exchange. As for me, I loved it. Wanna hear what Bungie said, why the removed it? "Because our weapon designer never really liked it". When I heard it I was like WTF?

Well ODSTs where originally not got to be able to man vehicles, man Covenant armaments or use Covenant weapons but that was all changed, and I think it was silly that they took out duel wielding, that’s the point I was making why would you take it out?

Any way what’s this got to do with anything, just because one developer screwed it over doesn’t make it ok for other, just because Bungie took something out and didn’t give anything new but TN took something out and gave something new doesn’t make it ok, that’s what I was saying, just because you gave something new doesn’t make up for taking something out

Female Tengu wrote:

They are using a years old engine. There is no way to "fix" this. The only way to do this is creating a brand new engine specifically made for having hundreds of objects on the screen (like Dead Rising and its "Swarm Engine")....and creating an all-around new engine takes AT LEAST 2 years. I highly doubt TN has that amount of time and money, lol
One solution would be to make the limbs disappear in 2 or less seconds as soon as they touch the ground. And guess what? People would complain immediately.

You’re making it sound like decapitation in NG2 caused the game to crash ever 4 second, for the majority of the time NG2 and even NGS2 ran brilliantly,
To quote something Geamtrailers.com said in there review of NG2,
“it can slow to a crawl depending on the action, but that said when its on its really on the creature design are incredibly cool and a lot of the enemies and explosions can be dancing all over the screen before it buckles”

So for a years old engine held out pretty well in NG2 with all the limbs and everything, and considering that the game for the majority of the time did run well I think it’s something that could have been fixed if it had been given time for polish,

And yes TN do need a new engine, but what type of excuse is that, are you saying NG3, NG4 and so on should be made on this same engine and the game should be capped? And TN doesn’t have the money or the time is that supposed to be an excuse? The “fix” that I was referring to in regards to NG3 was getting new engine, this is just a silly argument, “we did amazing visuals in game A but our engine is getting old so were going to hold back on the amazing visuals in game B”

And any way TN do have a new engine right, weren’t they saying something about joining the NG2 and NGS2 engines together for a new multiplat one

This lack of power full engine and time and money is not an excuse, if you buy a game and it slows down it crashes you get screen tarring and so on you’re not going to be happy with it, you don’t think “o well they were using and old engine so its ok” what type of thinking is that?
There’s no excuse especially after you actually already done it with NG2, and this is TecmoKoie not some indi developer, bloody Itagaki and his boys made an engine in 2 years and your telling me that TK the guys how have the most enemies on screen in game ever can’t get an engine to run NG2 which is essentially already done but just needs a bit of help running smooth

Last edited by mohsin117 on Sat Aug 20, 2011 12:55 pm; edited 1 time in total
Primeval_Demon
Superior Ninja
Superior Ninja

PostPosted: Sat Aug 20, 2011 11:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well you know, you guys don't have to buy it. Its optional. I'm starting to think I'm on my own different page compared to everyone else here. I mean to go as far as saying the new DMC looks better? Really? At least this (and I know I'm going to get disagrees up the backside with this) stayed true to its roots.

Mind you you can argue Dante was a cliche hero and needed a makeover Wink

"Thing with me is that I dont treat DmC as a Devil May Cry game no matter what.
I see it as a new IP were the character is called Dante, like Dante's Inferno, but whatever.
"

Trust me man it is Devil May Cry. Its just completely effed lol.
MSX2
Greater Ninja
Greater Ninja

Gamertag: PSN: Verdugo04

PostPosted: Sat Aug 20, 2011 11:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Primeval_Demon wrote:

Mind you you can argue Dante was a cliche hero and needed a makeover Wink

Ryu fits the cliche of a game or anime ninja more than Dante fit the one for a demon hunter. Regardless, methinks people (yes, you Sath) should look at some combo vids of DMC2 and then have a look at DmC. You can make crappy games look great in vids but reality may be different. Ninja Theory excels at presentation and that's about it.

At any rate, the situation here is 2009 all over again with NGS2. Yes, that game had some slowdown, ironically caused by the volumetric purple mist, but it was a smoother experience. I've got more and more sensitive to input lag and slowdown (everyone has a threshold), and NGII's frame rate fluctuations drove me nuts with a recent replay.

All in all, in an increasingly FPS and shooter obsessed market, I'm glad that there is ONE Japanese developer that hasn't left the genre. That's the way I'm looking at it. Besides, I'm not disliking much so far and the game is far off from release.

I've just made peace with the fact that they won't be able to replicate the greatness that was NGB.
Primeval_Demon
Superior Ninja
Superior Ninja

PostPosted: Sat Aug 20, 2011 12:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well actually I was talking about Dante being a cliche "badass". Its the smug look on his face that makes me want to punch him.
Sath
Shadow Ninja
Shadow Ninja

PostPosted: Sat Aug 20, 2011 12:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Primeval_Demon wrote:
Well actually I was talking about Dante being a cliche "badass". Its the smug look on his face that makes me want to punch him.

Goodluck with that punching Razz
Primeval_Demon
Superior Ninja
Superior Ninja

PostPosted: Sun Aug 21, 2011 12:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sath wrote:
Goodluck with that punching Razz

NP. BTW in case people are interested I don't care decaps are gone. You still buying it even though you clearly hate it and won't like what you see with it? Foolish Sath is foolish Razz
Sath
Shadow Ninja
Shadow Ninja

PostPosted: Sun Aug 21, 2011 2:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So I am foolish to say NG is being nerfed as hell and they lost everything NG stood for? LOL okay.

"We have seen decapitation before, we dont need it anymore. Its not satistfying".

Dumbest excuse, even worse than his purple mist for NGS2.
If he is going to make excuses, atleast lie like a professional.

So, just because we have seen something, we dont need it anymore?
Classic Hayashi, didnt expect anything less.

Yes I will get it for 2 reason and 2 reasons only.

Some of the new moves Ryu has now is awesome, and I get to control Ryu Hayabusa again in a new NG game, which is still favorite gaming character.

But whatever, tired of the same repetitive thoughts.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ninja Fortress Forum Index -> Ninja Gaiden 3: Razor's Edge All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 2 of 5

Jump to: