ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in   

rumors of NG being in development for Vita
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ninja Fortress Forum Index -> Ninja Gaiden 3: Razor's Edge
View previous topic :: View next topic  
neoryu
Greater Ninja
Greater Ninja

PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2011 12:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Female Tengu wrote:
Problem is that DOAD is the second worst DOA in the series. Right after DOA4.

DOA4 only sold good because there was simply no good BEMU at the start of the 360 timeline. DOA4s gameplay is weak and Itagaki removed many good stuff from DOA3.1 ...and I'm not talking from stages or outfits or the 3 way hold system. DOAD brought all the content back....but the gameplay is, again, DOA4, with some small gameplay changes taken from DOA3. A reason why the community still loves DOA3 more (in terms of gameplay).

nuff said about DOA4 ^^

I still own DOA3.1 too and I'll never part ways with it. 3.1 is the Japanese version of DOA3, which had a significant amount of upgrades/changes to it compared to the US version that they rushed out. The only issue I had with 3.1 was Hayate's cartwheel. It's kinda unbalanced and exploitable. They fixed his cartwheel in DOA3.2 (which was the PAL version that released last). I also own 3.2 as well.

As for DOA4's gameplay being weak, this is debatable. In the end, it will be another thing you and I will agree to disagree on. DOA4 isn't the greatest fighting game ever, but it's not the worst either. It made an attempt to change the fighting mechanics to more than just a "paper, rock, scissors" counter hold festival. Of course I adore the third DOA sequel, but every revision of DOA3 was too damn easy. DOA4 took steps towards changing that.

DOA:Dimensions? Don't get me started on that mismash of a Frankenstein creation. Wow, what a way to ruin a generally good concept. It seemed very promising in the planning and marketing stages, but they didn't execute those plans through development. Cookie cutter, copy paste, hack job that's sewn together. No offense to anyone out there who likes it though. For me, all of Hayashi's marketing talk failed.
Female Tengu
Superior Ninja
Superior Ninja

Gamertag: GalaxySpider PSN: GalaxySpider

PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2011 3:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well DOA4 is random and mostly a guessing game. Even with a 3 way holdsystem, people in DOA3 will always dominate hold spaming players. Something you simply cant in DOA4 cauz most of the good offensive tools are gone or toned down which still is a letdown, especially in the hardcore scene like DOACentral. There is always no risk for the defender, for example, because of the lack of (good) blockstuns. Guarantee is gone. Characters individuality is gone (catch throws) and so on. Just to bring some examples. DOA4 is just lame *sigh*. But yeah, enough of this, lol. it makes me mad talking about DOA4. xD
I expect a loooot from Hayashi and DOA5.
Superior Ninja
Superior Ninja

PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2011 11:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

At least they delivered on providing a more in depth look into things. I hate Capcom for lying about the story in MVC 3. I'm actually growing more impatient with that company. They are becoming worse than Activision showing no sign of what a true quality product should be. Rushing games to market with a lack of modes and then re releasing the game that should have been released in the first place.

And killing Devil May Cry like they are just shows what kind of idiots are running that place now.
Female Tengu
Superior Ninja
Superior Ninja

Gamertag: GalaxySpider PSN: GalaxySpider

PostPosted: Sat Aug 27, 2011 6:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You mean that Emo Dante? xD
Greater Ninja
Greater Ninja

PostPosted: Sat Aug 27, 2011 1:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That new DmC doesn't look that bad (if you ignore that… thing supposed to be Dante)… I feel like I could actually enjoy it contrary to DMC3…
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ninja Fortress Forum Index -> Ninja Gaiden 3: Razor's Edge All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: