ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in   

rumors of NG being in development for Vita
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ninja Fortress Forum Index -> Ninja Gaiden 3: Razor's Edge
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mohsin117
Head Ninja
Head Ninja

Gamertag: mohsin117 PSN: mohsin117

PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2011 8:52 am    Post subject: rumors of NG being in development for Vita Reply with quote

donít really have any where else to but this,

Rumors & Speculation: Ninja Gaiden In Development For Vita

Ninja Gaiden is one of the most beloved titles to come out of Tecmo Koei and has a long history of great titles among its franchise. Ninja Gaiden 3 is set to release next year on Playstation 3 and Xbox 360 and now we are getting word that a Playstation Vita iteration of the franchise is under development.

We recently heard that Tecmo Koei is planning to reveal Ninja Gaiden title for the Playstation Vita soon. There is no set time frame according to the anonymous email we received. It also mentioned that the rumored title will revolve around the same storyline as Ninja Gaiden 3 and is looking to be a major headlining title for the upcoming platform.

As all rumors this is to be taken with a grain of salt until more info is revealed. Let us know if you guys would purchase a Ninja Gaiden title on the Vita or would purchase a Vita just for a portable Ninja Gaiden.

http://thegamershub....pment-for-vita/
Shadow Ninja
Shadow Ninja

Gamertag: PSN: ISathI
NGS - Sigma (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2011 9:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Interesting.
mohsin117
Head Ninja
Head Ninja

Gamertag: mohsin117 PSN: mohsin117

PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2011 9:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think this is very cool, but I don't like the idea of it being a "NG3 portable" I'd much rather see a separate title done for the portable platforms or just the PSV

i would totally buy a PSV if TN announces a title for it be it NG or DOA, a TN title would make the PSV very attractive to me, I really hope they dose happen, if they could do something like NGDS with bottom touch pad that'd be pretty cool
Legendary Ninja
Legendary Ninja

Gamertag: Keylay
NG - Emblem (Amount: 1) NGB - Master (Amount: 1) NGDS - The Eye of the Dragon (Amount: 1) NGS - Sigma (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2011 3:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Interesting. It would probably play similiar to the Wii U version, Razor's Edge. I'm starting to get more interested in the PSV. Marvel vs. Capcom 3 is rumored to come out for it too. I'm already bored to of the 3DS. Maybe we'll hear more about it at TGS next month.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Female Tengu
Superior Ninja
Superior Ninja

Gamertag: GalaxySpider PSN: GalaxySpider

PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2011 5:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

And the 3DS Ninja Gaiden?

http://www.ninjafortress.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=4008
Legendary Ninja
Legendary Ninja

Gamertag: Keylay
NG - Emblem (Amount: 1) NGB - Master (Amount: 1) NGDS - The Eye of the Dragon (Amount: 1) NGS - Sigma (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2011 10:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Female Tengu wrote:
And the 3DS Ninja Gaiden?

http://www.ninjafortress.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=4008

I woudn't mind if they scrape that project. I never play DOAD with the 3D on unless I'm just admiring the graphics. If it causes slow down with the 3D turned on like in DOAD then I'll never use it. It looks like PSV can do everything better than the 3DS minus the 3D.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Primeval_Demon
Superior Ninja
Superior Ninja

PostPosted: Sat Aug 20, 2011 10:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Keylay wrote:
I woudn't mind if they scrape that project. I never play DOAD with the 3D on unless I'm just admiring the graphics. If it causes slow down with the 3D turned on like in DOAD then I'll never use it. It looks like PSV can do everything better than the 3DS minus the 3D.

I'd mind if they scrapped it. I don't like Sony's games. Just put it on both Vita and 3DS and everybody's happy.
neoryu
Greater Ninja
Greater Ninja

PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2011 10:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So, NG will have 4 versions out across 4 different platforms in the span of a year & a half or so. That is pretty crazy for a company with KoeiTecmo's resources. They haven't actually been pounding out top sellers lately.

Though it's GREAT for more gamers to able to play on their system of choice, I just hope they aren't stretching themselves too thin.
Female Tengu
Superior Ninja
Superior Ninja

PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2011 11:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

They better make DOA5. What's wrong with them anyway. So many NG games.....
Superior Ninja
Superior Ninja

PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2011 1:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

neoryu wrote:
So, NG will have 4 versions out across 4 different platforms in the span of a year & a half or so. That is pretty crazy for a company with KoeiTecmo's resources. They haven't actually been pounding out top sellers lately.

Though it's GREAT for more gamers to able to play on their system of choice, I just hope they aren't stretching themselves too thin.

Actually if this turns out true then its 5 systems XD 360, PS3, Wii U, 3DS and Vita.

@ Tengu

Hayashi has an NG fetish. He is not done milking the cash cow Razz

Still if all five get a piece of the pie then everyone is a winner Wink
neoryu
Greater Ninja
Greater Ninja

PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2011 2:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Primeval_Demon wrote:
neoryu wrote:

Actually if this turns out true then its 5 systems XD 360, PS3, Wii U, 3DS and Vita.

@ Tengu

Hayashi has an NG fetish. He is not done milking the cash cow Razz

Still if all five get a piece of the pie then everyone is a winner Wink

Itagaki always went back to DOA after each of his two major NG games were released. He even lamented on not being able to produce DOA5 right as he was making his announced resignation. Something tells me that if he were paid the money that was owed to him for DOA4, we would have seen a brand new DOA game by this point. DOA5 would surely be out by now if that were the case. But that's in the past now.

KoeiTecmo is currently convinced that Ninja Gaiden is the company's trojan horse. Looking on the bright side, this is great for all NG fans in the end. If they do it right, then sharing the wealth is the way to go. More fans = more money for them to make more games.
Female Tengu
Superior Ninja
Superior Ninja

PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2011 3:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

And thx to Hayashi no cheap IS spamming and a playable Ayane in NG xD

Itagaki....pfff. His first comment about DOA5 was " maybe we're planning to take out Tag Battle mode". WTF?? One os DOAs trademarks? I was like @Äf58?!"& when I heard this..
Superior Ninja
Superior Ninja

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2011 3:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Its definitely always better to expand the game. One favours DOA and the other favours NG XD As long as they don't favour DOAX I am happy. Didn't Itagaki smack Tekken for removing Tag once? What a hypocrite.
neoryu
Greater Ninja
Greater Ninja

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2011 9:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Primeval_Demon wrote:
Its definitely always better to expand the game. One favours DOA and the other favours NG XD As long as they don't favour DOAX I am happy. Didn't Itagaki smack Tekken for removing Tag once? What a hypocrite.

Actually, Itagaki favored BOTH series, in my opinion. DOA3 and DOA 4 each sold well over a million copies. NGII also sold over a million, making it the single highest selling entry in the series, not counting ports or remakes. Tecmo and Itagaki back then had good reason to focus on one after the other, since each of them earned the company good revenue.

There is no way to release a DOA and NG game at the same time, (and it would also be financially irresponsible), so they go for one new game in one series, then one new game in the other series. Hayashi "seems" to be disregarding DOA at the moment.

I believe Itagaki would have directed a third Ninja Gaiden after DOA5 was created, even though he denies it. Too much money was at stake for him not to, had he stayed. Think about it; it's not like Tecmo has anything else that sells besides DOA and NG. These two series' have kept Tecmo's doors open up until this point today. No money for Tecmo = no money for Itagaki + Tecmo's staff.

And yes, he is a hypocrite for trash talking Tekken for removing tag. To think that he was considering doing just that in DOA5! DOA4 brought a lot of changes to the series, but I could see a clear decline in their focus on DOA4's Tag Battle mode compared to previous games tag modes (DOA2 LE, DOA3, and DOA2:U).

DOA4 focused on revamping all properties pertaining to one on one combat modes. It's faster, has all new movesets, has vastly altered frame data, has moving danger zones, etc but they limit Tag Battle to just 3 stages instead of 5 and they do away with the option to play it in arranged mode like past games allowed for. It is clear that they didn't spend as much time on the Tag portion.

The 3DS DOA: Dimensions recently flopped. I wonder if the New Team Ninja has learned not to wait too long between new updates. People seem to be getting tired of all the ports and remakes. PSP DOA Paradise bombed too. Going for a new game in either NG or DOA series at this point was definitely the right idea for them. People seem to want new games, not rehashes of old content.

NG3 is definitely "new" that's for sure.
Female Tengu
Superior Ninja
Superior Ninja

PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2011 10:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Problem is that DOAD is the second worst DOA in the series. Right after DOA4.

DOA4 only sold good because there was simply no good BEMU at the start of the 360 timeline. DOA4s gameplay is weak and Itagaki removed many good stuff from DOA3.1 ...and I'm not talking from stages or outfits or the 3 way hold system. DOAD brought all the content back....but the gameplay is, again, DOA4, with some small gameplay changes taken from DOA3. A reason why the community still loves DOA3 more (in terms of gameplay).

nuff said about DOA4 ^^
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ninja Fortress Forum Index -> Ninja Gaiden 3: Razor's Edge All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: