ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in   

NG3 Interview/article Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ninja Fortress Forum Index -> Ninja Gaiden 3: Razor's Edge
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Female Tengu
Superior Ninja
Superior Ninja

Gamertag: GalaxySpider PSN: GalaxySpider

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2011 1:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Old? In NG2 you can describe her with one single word: ugly. Not to mention her redesigned look in Sigma 1.....

http://images2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20091003015958/ninjagaiden/images/e/e1/Ayane.jpg

But even in NGB they changed her look. Different hairstyle and eye color (orange instead of the original red).
In Sigma 2 her outfit is a bit skimpy, lol, but incredible detailed at the same time with a high amount of polygons. I also like Momijis design. I hope this level of detail will find its way in future DOAs. Love the design of Ayanes hair. Doesn't look cheap made or so.
Greater Ninja
Greater Ninja

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2011 1:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Female Tengu wrote:

It's NOT important to anything.

It was important to him, as a player, and it is important to many people that loved the effect in the gameplay experience of NG 2 here in America at least... Maybe not everyone of course, but MANY, trust.

He noticed the lack of visceral experience with it gone... You will hear this ALOT when this game is finally in the homes of gamers I will wager. It's a valid opinion too. Wink

Quote:
None whatsoever, so the hopping, maniacal, one-legged Black Spider Clan ninjas of Ninja Gaiden II are a thing of the past, which is criminal in our book

He sounds like a 12 years old, lol

They were my favorite enemies to fight in 2. I loved the adrenaline rush I got when in combat with them... And the danger they presented when wounded.

Quote:
It would be as if you removed the QTE finishers from God of War(a game I don't care for generally).

Not really. In GoW these QTEs are needed to kill larger enemies and most bosses.

True, but my point was larger in the visceral, brutal experience of said combat-not just the gameplay mechanic.
It is what makes GoW "cool" to those that love the series(one of the things, I should clarify).

He simply pointed that omission / experience was left out... For whatever reason, it was a good thing in his, mine, and many others view, and one(if the SoB concept doesn't satisfy as a worthy replacement), will be Hayashi's "eardrum pain" in the future, lol.

Female Tengu
Superior Ninja
Superior Ninja

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2011 3:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Of course. I do know what he means. But that wont change my mind about his statement. I highly doubt he liked it because of the instant kills and the danger...

Visuals over visuals, just to promote and sell a product. It's called marketing and that's all. I know how the US gaming community ticks, just like the rest of the world knows. They love bloody games. Each to their own but IMO it's just cosmetical stuff and always will be. Because I never got a thrill of pressing Y near helpless enemies and instant killing them with i-frames of like 3 seconds ;D
It was a very helpful feature though.
Greater Ninja
Greater Ninja

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2011 3:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Female Tengu wrote:
Of course. I do know what he means. But that wont change my mind about his statement. I highly doubt he liked it because of the instant kills and the danger...

Visuals over visuals, just to promote and sell a product. It's called marketing and that's all. I know how the US gaming community ticks, just like the rest of the world knows. They love bloody games. Each to their own but IMO it's just cosmetical stuff and always will be. Because I never got a thrill of pressing Y near helpless enemies and instant killing them with i-frames of like 3 seconds ;D
It was a very helpful feature though.

I can respect that...

Your opinion has just as much weight as mine(and the authors) on this issue. Like you, I forsee myself being irritated by hearing a enemy whine, "I don't wanna die!" after 10 minutes of gameplay, and all this BS SoB QTE concept(blood flying everywhere, my katana is impaling EVERYTHING that breathes, but no loss of limbs-really?), THAT will prolly be as non thrilling to me(and highly agitating too), as the delimbs / decaps in NG 2 are to you...

(But I maybe also be surprised)

The game(in the end) will be judged in it's entirely as a finished product, so we'll just see then. I'm just hoping I will like said final product in spite of Hayashi's leader choices.

And btw yes, I DO love my bloody games(where appropriate). Twisted Evil

Primeval_Demon
Superior Ninja
Superior Ninja

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2011 12:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can't understand why they keep changing the looks on the girls. But when I saw Ayane in Sigma it seemed to be her eyes that stood out most. Actually if you look at early concepts of Ayane in Sigma 2 she looked different again. I did think even her concept in Sigma 2 was better than her final look in the 360 version. Worst Ayane ever. But her outfit was good.
Wanderfalke
Expert Ninja
Expert Ninja

PostPosted: Sat Jul 09, 2011 7:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Scans from the OPM cover story August Issue 2011

http://www.ninjafortress.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=92669#92669
Head Ninja
Head Ninja

Gamertag: mohsin117 PSN: mohsin117

PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2011 7:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

from the UK OXM and OPM:

Superior Ninja
Superior Ninja

PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2011 11:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

"fantastic climbing skills" Laughing

He should just teleport on top of that building xD
Greater Ninja
Greater Ninja

PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2011 9:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That would rock for me.

...A * ninja vanish *.
Cool

mohsin117
Head Ninja
Head Ninja

Gamertag: mohsin117 PSN: mohsin117

PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2011 2:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don’t seem like OPM UK where very impressed with it

“Enemies take multiple strokes and there’s no real sense that they’ve just had a giant sword inserted into their vital organs.”

After reading the OPM Darksiders Review I really don’t care for OPM opinion but can’t help but feel that decapitation would have solved this

Also found this in OXM UK:

OXM UK, Issue 75, August 2011
Superior Ninja
Superior Ninja

PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2011 2:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Uhm, I dont really understand whaht they are trying to say. Of course the enemies need several strokes. I mean, we are playing a typical game, and not some one-hit-kill military shooter, right? Would be boring, having enemies dying after one single hit.

And they probably haven't noticed that SOBs are instant kills ^^ So it actually makes sense (at least gameplay wise).

Oh, and no comment to the "Itagakiii cAn do beddaaaaaa" crap....
Greater Ninja
Greater Ninja

PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2011 6:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

“Enemies take multiple strokes and there’s no real sense that they’ve just had a giant sword inserted into their vital organs.”

...That's my worry too with this SoB focus.

By making it "the focus", yet only going halfway through with no decaps and/or de-limbs for that visceral, satisfying feeling - will just end up satisfying no one.

I can just see the complaints rolling in, review-time... You throw in random QTEs that interrupt "combo flow" and turn this into some tedious regular "Hack n' Slasher", & it's a wrap for vets to hate this game waaay more than NG 2 ever received, I would wager.

But we'll see I guess, since I've no crystal ball. Laughing

It really could turn out great... Maybe.

Shrykull
Greater Ninja
Greater Ninja

PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2011 4:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Something bugs me…
http://www.jeuxvideo.com/articles/0001/00015539-ninja-gaiden-3-gc-2011-preview.htm

I translate the end:

Quote:
In the end, the biggest regret is the fact that Ryu will only use a sword in solo mode and you will have to do the multiplayer mode to gradually unlock and handle other weapons.

I didn't hear about that?! Did the devs say that? I'm fine with SoB and no decaps but this… would be truly lame.
Female Tengu
Superior Ninja
Superior Ninja

PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2011 11:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Depends on if you can play offline multiplayer(?) Otherwise, yes, it would be dumb.....for people who are not online xD
Greater Ninja
Greater Ninja

PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2011 11:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not, precisely. So I hope the writers of the article misunderstood something >__<
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ninja Fortress Forum Index -> Ninja Gaiden 3: Razor's Edge All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 4 of 5

Jump to: