ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in   

NG3 Interview/article Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ninja Fortress Forum Index -> Ninja Gaiden 3: Razor's Edge
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Wanderfalke
Expert Ninja
Expert Ninja

PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2011 12:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sath wrote:

Besides, I Hayashi isnt very good at imagining attack animations, not int he same caliber as Itagaki, hence makes the girls as a tacked on (NGS2 is proof of that).

He already added some pretty awesome new attack moves in NG3 and thatīs just based on the footage that has been released so far.
Superior Ninja
Superior Ninja

PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2011 12:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

since sath is my twin I cant say I couldnt agree more. hayashi is more of a salesman if anything. but I consider him pathetic when it comes to weapon and animation creation.

NGS dual swords were bloody worthless like rachel herself, the movelist was pure garbage and the UT flunctated from I-frames to none at all on landing.

NGS2 enma, bullshit weapon, the ET is more powerful than maxed charged UT in many scenarions, worthless wall attack , and crappy recovery, movelist trash.......females except ayane bigger trash, if ayane wasnt fast she d be one of them... their movelist all a waste and most of them are cop outs.

NG3 I didnt see any new moves for DS , all these moves taken from ryus past UT animations alongside ayane...and now hes focusing mainly on swords...proof of his laziness....

This my opinion of the guy as far as what I d like to see in NG is concerned.I have nothing against female extras who have a varied moveset to handle all enemies since they lack ryus arsenal,and can hold their own on MN.
Wanderfalke
Expert Ninja
Expert Ninja

PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2011 12:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ninja Gaiden 3 Hands-On Preview
http://gamingshogun.com/2011/06/17/ninja-gaiden-3-hands-on-preview-e3/

Pretty good article. It adresses the apparently dumbed down difficulty from a point of view that is traceable. Letīs face it. They need to make money. So if they manage to increase sales for NG3, they might get a bigger budget and more time for the next NG title after NG3. NG is incredibly fun as we all experienced. But why not give more gamers out there a less frustrating NG experience and still keep the harder difficulties for the vets. The games are so much fun and I would love to welcome new NG fans after they played NG3 on the lower difficulties and got so much stocked and motivated to become a NG-Master as well.

According to the article, a less UT-ish and more free-form approach is still a lot of fun and still playable despite the SoB feature. At least thatīs my interpretation.
Superior Ninja
Superior Ninja

Gamertag: GalaxySpider PSN: GalaxySpider

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2011 8:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

NG is a pretty damn fast game with an even more fast fighting system. You cant have some super uber cimenatic-like slow motion animations from God of War. But i guess TN needs to do this so they can see how people will complain afterwards. Seriously...

The animations are solid and nice. I cant see any problems. The only problem is the pretty lame looking UT, but since we dont know if the UT changes with the level of the DS, we cant say for sure that the UT we saw is 100% final (at least for higher levels of the weapon).
As far as I know Itagaki was the one who started with the NG girls in the first place (Rachel, Sonja). Hayashi just made them playable with some limited options for a REMAKE (looking at other games, not even a sequel will give you that amount of characters). They were limited, as, but still a nice bonus, and I only had to play a single chapter with them. And I liked that Momiji played eally unique (with some new gameplay elements like Air UTs) Enmas Fang is pretty useful for heavy melees. I used that sword against bigger enemies pretty often and it does a better job than the Scythe. I missed a weapon like this in NG2.

NG3 WILL BE a different game and people have to accept it. The combat engine looks still the same, and that was all I wanted from Hayashi and his team. The rest: I DONT REALLY CARE.

In NG1 the DS was the main weapon, with the most moves and the most useful attacks. Even Itagaki confirmed that.
In NG2 they gave us hundreds of weapons but actually the only stuff we used were the totally overpowered UTs of the new toys (ok, the Scythe had dual-dismembering, but I can do the job faster with the sword).
As for me, my favourite weapon was the FC (best Izuna ever), but to be honest: The sword was still better in many ways.

You cant sell the same crap over and over again with + 3 more weapons, + 2 new bosses and everything else stays the same. Not in these times anymore. Another thing people wont or cant realize, even if I can understand it.

Quote:
It adresses the apparently dumbed down difficulty from a point of view that is traceable. Letīs face it. They need to make money. So if they manage to increase sales for NG3, they might get a bigger budget and more time for the next NG title after NG3. NG is incredibly fun as we all experienced. But why not give more gamers out there a less frustrating NG experience and still keep the harder difficulties for the vets. The games are so much fun and I would love to welcome new NG fans after they played NG3 on the lower difficulties and got so much stocked and motivated to become a NG-Master as well.

That's the point. Almost EVERYONE who played NG complained about the difficulty >>> TN reacted. No one can blame them for doing this. If NG3 will have some kind of a Mentor oder MN mode (and I'm pretty much sure it will, lol) I'm happy. And if we are all lucky, we can play story in "Ultimate Ninja" mode xD
Expert Ninja
Expert Ninja

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2011 10:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ninja Gaiden 3 Preview: The evolution of mammals E3
http://www.joystiq.com/2011/06/20/ninja-gaiden-3-preview/

Female Tengu wrote:
...my favourite weapon was the FC (best Izuna ever), but to be honest: The sword was still better in many ways. ...

Donīt remember such a weapon-acronym. FC???
Superior Ninja
Superior Ninja

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2011 10:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Falkenklauen Very Happy

I know FC is wrong.
Superior Ninja
Superior Ninja

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2011 10:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you Tengu! I'm glad someone understood Momiji besides me.

Rachel is a heavy weight and designed to be slow and bulky. Designed to move slower than Ryu, jump slower, can't wall run (with the exception of Sigma 2 of course) is more built for the power. And I will even mention the machine gun. Can you tell me why that is?

IDK the thing I'm picking up from you guys is "I couldn't use Momiji and Rachel, they sucked, I couldn't do their chapters therefore I decree they should not be in there!" At least thats how I've understood it. In which case you don't understand them. The idea is they are built different to Ryu precisely for the reasons Slickcat points out. Uniqueness.

It is not merely enough to say "I want a decent moveset". You need to vary the characters in other ways besides that. They need different abilities other wise you would be better off adding another weapon. Speeds, ninpo, techniques and move sets need to vary to provide a different experience.

Actually I agree with pretty much every point Tengu brought up. And I will also add that I thought Emma's fang had one of the slickest OT animations in the game. And UTs for that matter.

Anyway ignore my senseless ranting. People peeved me off earlier in the day. And as for the the girls being put in because Hayashi's horny, he definitely seems to have a thing for Rachel Razz but the thing is its just fan service not thrown in to make people "horny" but sometimes its thrown in for the lolz. Plus this may come as a surprise to you but http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AEA0PzF9rIA
slickcat
Superior Ninja
Superior Ninja

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2011 11:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

well you see, thing is even though I love movelists, some combos give you different means to take on the crowd at the same time still having the ability to be unique. The female characters were indeed but still shallow, and yes I have beat every NG game that exists on MN, I even have videos on utube beating hard ToVs on MN and mentor without UT spamming and only using Izuna to protect myself from IS, you can ask Sath,if you dont believe.
I have a very keen understanding of how the females work in this game but they are darn boring compared to ryu, why?, ryu is more versatile with his weapons, so why not add an extra female who has one weapon that is fleshed out, gives them more depth than having a double jump or a gun.This is how I see it, extra weapons over extra characters who lack versility male or female alike.
At this point most NG vets can pull of UTs in their sleep,I challenge myself not to use them unless my normal combos have no interruptions and for the I frames. enmas UT trust me has problems
Primeval_Demon
Superior Ninja
Superior Ninja

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2011 11:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

slickcat wrote:
I have a very keen understanding of how the females work in this game but they are darn boring compared to ryu, why?, ryu is more versatile with his weapons, so why not add an extra female who has one weapon that is fleshed out, gives them more depth than having a double jump or a gun.This is how I see it, extra weapons over extra characters who lack versility male or female alike.

I understand your point here. Its the same sort of argument others have made. This is why I suggested to make it separate from the main game so everyone can get what they want here. I think it was Gripper that suggested to make them DLC so I guess they took his advice. The general idea was to give them different move sets to differ them from Ryu. If you remember in Sigma Rachel used her grappling hook but because it had a small range it seemed worthless. Another thing was her Ninpo which required her to be close to an enemy. This made her seem worthless but the way I saw it was she was built for close combat. Mastering that can bring just as much depth as spamming UTs through mentor and Master Ninja lol. I think the gun was added to make up for her close combat.

As for beating it I believe you. I'm not one of these that needs to see the evidence in front of his eyes. You did well to beat it on the 360 version.
Wanderfalke
Expert Ninja
Expert Ninja

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2011 8:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I will update the link with the scans and infos when they are available. For now just the cover, which looks awesome Shocked

OPM Cover
http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=240916879267162&set=a.240916875933829.77503.159231720769012&type=1&theater
Shadow Ninja
Shadow Ninja

Gamertag: PSN: ISathI
NGS - Sigma (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2011 9:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wanderfalke

That cover is sooooooo awesome! (too bad he doesnt have the dragon sword).

I need that in HD wallpaper now!
Wanderfalke
Expert Ninja
Expert Ninja

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2011 10:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sath wrote:
Wanderfalke

That cover is sooooooo awesome! (too bad he doesnt have the dragon sword).

I need that in HD wallpaper now!

I just noticed as well that the DS isnīt on the friggin cover. A hint in terms of the story, gameplay...??? Come on itīs his iconic weapon, they just donīt leave it out by accident, do they???

Maybe we have to do some hand to hand combat for some little segments or levels, who knows, would be an interesting thing to see how that works out. You know, some levels were you have to be very quick and evade the attacks and then try to disarm the enemies to finish them of with some stylish and brutal ninja-kills
Shadow Ninja
Shadow Ninja

Gamertag: PSN: ISathI
NGS - Sigma (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2011 10:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Definitely story but i doubt we are gonna get some melee combat.
Ryu without dragon sword is just weird and i dont like it.
Wanderfalke
Expert Ninja
Expert Ninja

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2011 1:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Itīs out on sale now. Would be nice, if someone could post some scans Embarassed Damn I doubt weīll be ever getting a NG cover story here in Germany.
Superior Ninja
Superior Ninja

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2011 1:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That is indeed a pretty awesome cover. Want it for my iPod Touch 4G Very Happy.

But, iconic weapon or not, the star of NG3 is Ryu, not his sword (NG1). Focus of this picture is clearly Ryus arm and Ryu himself, of course. What's wrong with his arm, anyway? We do know how it affects the gameplay, but the question is: what happened to Ryu! It is some kind of a ninja magic or even a curse?

And the Regent of Masks, or whatever his name was doesn't seem to be 100% human. During one cutscene you can see parts of his legs and arms. Looks like a cyborg (half robot, half human) to me...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ninja Fortress Forum Index -> Ninja Gaiden 3: Razor's Edge All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 2 of 5

Jump to: