ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in   

NG3 Hands-on Impressions
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ninja Fortress Forum Index -> Ninja Gaiden 3: Razor's Edge
View previous topic :: View next topic  
thoughtspeak
Ninja Dog
Ninja Dog

PostPosted: Sat Sep 24, 2011 6:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Female Tengu wrote:
Since its a tutorial level, most enemies are just easy and the ninpo script seems to be full purpose (tutorial). So yeah, explains why you cant end this fight without using ninpo.

And my expectation is still high cauz I dont say "Hayashi sucks" all the time....

CoolBlackKnight wrote:

Maybe still better than the average action game overall, but THIS is below a Ninja Gaiden title to me.

...F'n Hayashi. Mad

So you just want a NG2 with a "3" at the end?

The game still plays like a NG, looks like a NG and feels like a NG (cant see a big difference vy watching gameplay videos). What do you want? The same old crap from the past 5 years? Like all the COD titles (I personally cant see anymore)? Oh great. Some choices are strange (weapons in story mode), yes, but c'mon, what you just said isn't fair.

Play NG2 then, its your choice.

why not

sign me up for a NG2 without rocket and IS spam and NGB level design. The game was damn near perfect.

It doesn't "feel" like NG. It feels like NG with boat load of crap dropped on top of it. big difference.

Coolblackknight is exactly right. This is a crappy NG but an action game that is still head and shoulders better than the majority out there.
CoolBlackKnight
Greater Ninja
Greater Ninja

PostPosted: Sat Sep 24, 2011 6:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Female Tengu wrote:

So you just want a NG2 with a "3" at the end?

The game still plays like a NG, looks like a NG and feels like a NG (cant see a big difference by watching gameplay videos). What do you want? The same old crap from the past 5 years? Like all the COD titles (I personally cant see anymore)? Oh great. Some choices are strange (weapons in story mode), but the rest looks more interesting, at least to me, than any gameplay video or trailer from NG2.

I applaud your enthusiasm, but unfortunately, I(and quite a few besides me), don't share the same level you possess.

...For all the flaws(and let's not act like it didn't have it's great moments also) that NG 2 had, it still(after the patches / updates) was a solid action game(I speak of the NG 2's NA release, not the EU version of course) - No it wasn't on the level of NG Black, but nevertheless a solid game in the NA release(decaps was still in NG 1 and sweet too back then btw).

No, the direction Hayashi is headed down makes one damn near WANT a NG 2 with a 3 on it(and yes, I DO understand the business choices they've made for a more profitable, and greater audience)... But nevertheless as a hard core player, I personally could give two ****'s about it being "casual friendly", and/or a deep story being told in Gaiden(not opposed to it, just sayin').

...There's been two releases without a "earth-shaking" plot(and they still sold well... even without a decent story), but it's fine either way they go, with me - I'll enjoy a good story.

I'll be ok with it.

But see- in my world, you improve upon the former's foundation and not gimp the useful(or cool things - Man even worse, double down on the weakest parts), or tack on useless things for the sake of being able to say, "Everyone's already seen this or that in previous Gaidens"-mentality.

Really, Team Ninja?! ...I've seen the Izuna drop in the others too, guys. Rolling Eyes

Now... Hayashi is to be commended for at least trying something new, so no I don't begrudge him for that. But clearly it seems, the vision he holds, and the experience I've HAD over the many years with the 3D Gaidens will never cross paths it seems.

So gotcha - You like what you hear / see with this IP- that's fine. Here's what I'll do:

I'll DL any demo,
read the reviews(and I do expect them to be average, if I were to guess with my crystal ball),
rent it upon release,
play the whole campaign,

...& if it qualifies as a purchase, I'll will get it.

But for that to happen, the irritation factor in his changes cannot outweigh the FUN factor for me.

Will it be better than your average "hack n slash"? Yes, no doubt. But it looks(so far, time will tell) as if it won't be a worthy successor to the former titles... So yes, He IS failing in that dept, IMO.

...But, you enjoy it nevertheless GP, as that is all that matters right?

And who knows, I may really be surprised and enjoy it myself.

Stranger things have been known to happen. Very Happy

Cheers.

Female Tengu
Superior Ninja
Superior Ninja

Gamertag: GalaxySpider PSN: GalaxySpider

PostPosted: Sun Sep 25, 2011 9:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
was a solid action game

So, and NG3 doesn't look like a solid action game to you? Ryus slashing enemies with sick combos, ninpos, artistic martial arts and fights huge rocket spamming bosses etc.

Sounds and looks like a solid action title to me.

There are lots of games where the sequel actually is not what the hardcore community wanted from the next installment of the series, but ironically this sequel generated much more income for the publisher/devs whatever. Best example herefore is Resident Evil 4 + 5. When RE4 was releases, most fans said "it's no RE anymore". And they were right.....Leon is killing countless villagers (not zombies), upgrades his weapons, uses CQC moves etc. is RE4 the best example for a Resident Evil game? No. More like a 08/15 standard generic shooter. And to me, it was such a thing. But the funny thing is: RE4 sold like crazy (not to metion RE5....).

The gaming industry will always try out new things and they DONT care for the hardcore community. RE series, as an example, died after RE: CVX (at least to me). So I'm glad that Hayashi makes something new and still kepps the original at the same tiime. I applaud him for not going the let's-make-a-totally-different-game-but-keeping-the-title direction.

And that's why I'm looking forward to NG, as a player from the hardcore communkty.
Greater Ninja
Greater Ninja

PostPosted: Sun Sep 25, 2011 1:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Female Tengu wrote:

So, and NG3 doesn't look like a solid action game to you?

Yes, when compared to most titles in the market, absolutely. No one's doubting at it won't be a solid game overall.

Hell, DMC 2 is a "solid" action game compared to other action titles(and brought some innovation to the series at the time)... But you get my point.

The question is, "Will it be a worthy successor to the foundation Itagaki laid with the previous Gaidens?"
...That, I'm not so sure of based strictly off all the different "hands on" reports coming out, so far.

Of course, the final judge will be me when I play this game for myself, but the things I'm seeing makes me the opposite of you: LESS enthusiastic of Hayashi's vision.

And just like you said, RE "died" after a certain release for you(but for the rest, they love the new direction, as sales show)- Hayashi's Ninja Gaiden just my be the very same for me(and many others) and still sale well because of what he sees as "cool", along with "casual friendly" for greater sales(hey, I'm a capitalist, so make that money Team Ninja)

...Or not. This is his chance to shine, or his grave to dig... We'll just have to wait and see.

Female Tengu
Superior Ninja
Superior Ninja

Gamertag: GalaxySpider PSN: GalaxySpider

PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2011 10:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You will buy it anyway Razz
Greater Ninja
Greater Ninja

PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2011 1:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
But only IF the irritation factor does not outweigh the FUN factor.

Laughing

RagingMountainGod
Lesser Ninja
Lesser Ninja

Gamertag: Gouki420

PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2011 12:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I bet you the bad guy is Gamov, I wonder if you have to fight him multiple times like every boss in NG, Team ninja quit being lazy and design more bosses, are they're going to be any Greater Fiends in NG3?

Nomak Samanda Basaradan Senda
Makoroshoda Sowataya Untarata Kan Man
On Shuchiri Kyara Roha En Ken Sowaka
Om Basara Yakusha Un!
Shrykull
Greater Ninja
Greater Ninja

PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2011 7:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You mean the Gamov that was blown into oblivion by the Dark Dragon Blade in NG1?
RagingMountainGod
Lesser Ninja
Lesser Ninja

Gamertag: Gouki420

PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2011 9:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

People Die all the time in Ninja Gaiden and pop up like nothin happened, ei RYU, Genshin like 4 million times, all the greater fiends, obaba, the tengu brothers even return later on in the game, The DDB was destroyed so he might be able to come back besides it's like anime physics crap doesn't need to make sense lol

Nomak Samanda Basaradan Senda
Makoroshoda Sowataya Untarata Kan Man
On Shuchiri Kyara Roha En Ken Sowaka
Om Basara Yakusha Un!
jackass00123
Ninja Dog
Ninja Dog

PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2011 9:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Female Tengu wrote:
You will buy it anyway Razz

there's always blockbuster and ixtreme LT.
xino
Ninja Dog
Ninja Dog

Gamertag: Blackxino

PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2011 8:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes it's a little late but never too late.

Quote:
*The game was good, definitely NG and plays like it

*I experineced bad lag or controller input delay, HOWEVER the problem was not actually NG3, I think the problem was due to the HD tv as I had the same damn problem with other games I played.

*Hard mode does feel like regular Hard mode in previous NG games. Yes it's achievable, but if you are not careful, the damages you take can kill you in no time.

*The health system is ACTUALLY balanced right! When you take several damages, your health meter gauge actually decreases in capacity. Not as in 'deplete' but as in degrading. Think of it as starting Chapter 1 with low healthbar, if you get Lives of the Thousands Gods, you'll increase the capacity of your gauge. Now think of NG3. Your default health "might" (or not) be the maximum health capacity. However if you take in too much damages, it decreases, sort of like going back to level 1 gauge meter. (hope no one is confused). In another words it works like the Red Permanent damages from NG2 however instead of you seeing the red bar, your health bar decreases in length.

*From the E3 demo when you killed enemies you regain a chunk of health. This was missing in NG3. After clearing masses of enemies or waves of enemies, your health bar will refill.

*The sliding move used to counter attack works in 2 ways. If you get the enemy off guard or behind, they will be in the air open for attack. The second way is directly sliding towards them while they face you, basically that just stops them from attacking. It's sort of like your secondary shuriken used to stop enemies from shooting rockets at you.

*in Hard mode the enemies can do heavy damages to your health, especially the rocket launchers!

*Steel on Bone. I believe it is not random. Its a way of figuring how it works and when it works. Because you can actually chain SoB on to 3 enemies close by. Sometimes you expect it to work and sometimes it doesn't work. It was really hard to figure out how it works because of the controller delay.

*I pressed the Start menu; the Pause screen comes up but nothing is shown. Back button doesn't work neither. Although during the presentation, Peter resetted the game by holding both Select and Start.

*In this demo build was the Tokyo Game Show build, the one with the terrorist begging for his life. However the Button prompt still appeared in Hard/Normal but not that much.

*I really can't tell how the movelists commands work as the controller delay made things hard. I did manage to pull off the Blade of Nirrti 2.0: Slide+Square+Triangle+Square+Square+Square+Triangle.

*I only pulled off the 'Izuna Flying Swallow Drop' twice and I had no idea how it worked. The second time I did it was by performing it while doing the Izuna Drop combo but I paused during the 3 Square chain...I think

*Man the game had framerate problem! What went wrong? During the E3 gameplay on ps3 ran so smooth. Now the game had framerate drop.
It was WORST on Xbox 360 lol.

*Counter Attack for Block+Square was the move when you run and press Square+Square.

*Counter Attack for Block+Triangle, Ryu basically does the Run Away Lightening style by jumping behind the enemy and slashing him (sort of like one of his Obliteration Technique)

*Steel on Bone happened less often in Hard mode

*I don't know if Running on walls returns but when I played it there were wall collison on the buildings, preventing me from running on wall:/ But when I saw the demonstration on stage, Lead the guy playing ran up the wall of a red London Bus 53.

*Whatever damage you take in the game while your health bar gauge is very small, if you do have a full Ninpo bar, it will be sacrificed to reinvograte your healthbar back to the max.

*The shuriken juggling is still in the game, you can use shuriken to juggle enemies while in the air.

*The Spider tank boss was easy man! "Piece of cake, no problem"

*And I didn't actually finish playing Hard mode. Even with the bad controller, it can be done. The game is actually harder even in Normal or Hard because it forces you to survive waves! Since you get no chance to use health portions, you are forced to fight to survive a wave before your health refills back.

*The game did lag a bit, you know when you get the controller input delay in NG2 and NGSigma 2. That happened a lot in this game because, sometimes when I hold Triangle to charge up UT, the game delays and you can slowly see Ryu Charge up. The problem is the game lags sometimes and drops in Framerate. However controller lag input and input delay and nonexistence happened constantly due to the stupid controller and tv.

*Evertime you Steel on Bone someone, it feels so good.

*When you Steel on Bone or when the button comes up, you don't have to button bash so much. You just tap Square like 2/3 times. No need to button bash like Test your Might from Mortal Kombat.

*with rubbish tvs, you can see the rain in the game. With sharp quality tv, you'll barley see the rain

*When the helicopter tries to distract the large rocket launchers coming at you, the framerate dropped both for xbox & ps3.

*Sorry guys, I even wanted to surprise you all by recording Hard Mode so you can see how a Master Ninja runs through Hard mode easily. But the controller lag input was so bad man it will make watching the game embarrassing and annoying.

Shrykull
Greater Ninja
Greater Ninja

PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2011 11:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What do you mean by controller delay? There was a time lag between button pressing and action?

Also, is the Guillotine Throw still there? The stabbing move is a mix between Flying Swallow and this, so just to know (not like I use the GT much anyway)…

Quote:
*Counter Attack for Block+Triangle, Ryu basically does the Run Away Lightening style by jumping behind the enemy and slashing him (sort of like one of his Obliteration Technique)

I wondered why he did an OT out of the blue in some videos… so that was a counter…

Quote:
*Steel on Bone happened less often in Hard mode

Since they must have more health, no surprise here.

Quote:
*with rubbish tvs, you can see the rain in the game. With sharp quality tv, you'll barley see the rain

Shouldn't it be the opposite ? ò.Ô

I figured there was something odd with the variable length of the life bar… I don't understand, at the end of a fight is it a NG2-like partial refill or does it grow back to full length?

And finally, did this version feature the Regent of the Mask fight?

Thanks for the impression in any case!
xino
Ninja Dog
Ninja Dog

Gamertag: Blackxino

PostPosted: Sat Oct 22, 2011 12:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

controller delay and non input.

Like CyberEvil said so: sometimes when he lands on ground and tries to pull off On-Land UT, nothing gets input. But the on-land UT does work in this build, but I was talking about when there's no button input.
I did a lot of button bashing sometimes because I just couldn't stand the button delay.
Just think of it as playing NGS2 online with bad connection. When you press Square, it'll take the character to attack after 0.5 second instead of precision 1:1 (as you press Square).

Gullitoine throw isn't there. Who knows Ryu hasn't acquire that technique yet or it may never be int he game. Yes flying swallow is basically the black spider version style. Since there's no dismemberment, it makes sense to use that style instead of the classic style.

As for the tv..lol. If you compare them you'll see the difference. With rubbish tvs, the rain will be all over the place. But with good tvs you'll barely see the rain. Its hard to explain but seeing it makes sense. But not much of a big deal.

As for the healthbar.
You'll get a full bar but each time you get hit, the length of the bar decreases. It works like NG2's permanent red damage. But instead of having red bar, your healthbar decreases in length.
You'll refill your health after a fight but it wouldn't go back to normal length. Only Ninpo can fully regenerate your health back to its full length.

No Regent fight just Spider fight.

Your welcome, just didn't want people to get confuse or worry about others review who don't analyze the game well.
CoolBlackKnight
Greater Ninja
Greater Ninja

PostPosted: Sat Oct 22, 2011 6:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Even after all that, I still have low expectations with this game.

But thanks for the impressions fellow Master Ninja.

CyberEvil
Shadow Ninja
Shadow Ninja

Gamertag: XBL: CyberEvil PSN: CyberEvil-PSN
NG - Emblem (Amount: 1) NGB - Master (Amount: 1) NGDS - The Eye of the Dragon (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2011 10:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow. I take some personal time and my thread gets derailed by keyboard commandos. Really guys it's not that serious. Chillax. Time to clean up a bit so the decent content is at least here for posterity.

Alright, looks better now. Civility. Fun concept.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ninja Fortress Forum Index -> Ninja Gaiden 3: Razor's Edge All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 5 of 6

Jump to: