ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in   

NG3 Hands-on Impressions
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ninja Fortress Forum Index -> Ninja Gaiden 3: Razor's Edge
View previous topic :: View next topic  
CyberEvil
Shadow Ninja
Shadow Ninja

Gamertag: XBL: CyberEvil PSN: CyberEvil-PSN
NG - Emblem (Amount: 1) NGB - Master (Amount: 1) NGDS - The Eye of the Dragon (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2011 8:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

vspectra, yes they're random. They happen more frequently on lower difficulties too, it seems. Every strike in a string has the potential to activate it in the build I played and the chance increases as the enemy takes damage.

Sorry about the disappearing act guys, had a death in the family and I'm apparently really bad at handling things like that. Who knew? I'll make a point of showing up a bit more.
Shadow Ninja
Shadow Ninja

Gamertag: PSN: ISathI
NGS - Sigma (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2011 9:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry to hear that man Sad

Dont worry, those situations are more important than anything else.

About NG, random SoB is stupid, bye bye "pre-planned" combos, you were fun!
Wanderfalke
Expert Ninja
Expert Ninja

PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2011 5:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

CyberEvil wrote:
vspectra, yes they're random. They happen more frequently on lower difficulties too, it seems. Every strike in a string has the potential to activate it in the build I played and the chance increases as the enemy takes damage.

Sorry about the disappearing act guys, had a death in the family and I'm apparently really bad at handling things like that. Who knew? I'll make a point of showing up a bit more.

Chin up! I´ve already lost someone in my family as well. Though be sure, better times will come. Just take your time and don´t worry about this place here Wink
Greater Ninja
Greater Ninja

PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2011 2:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

By the way, was there a pause menu with combo board, items and stuff ? Or was it just a pause ?
CyberEvil
Shadow Ninja
Shadow Ninja

NG - Emblem (Amount: 1) NGB - Master (Amount: 1) NGDS - The Eye of the Dragon (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2011 10:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks guys. She was my family more or less, so I lost everything that meant anything to me family-wise in one shot. Still hurts a lot but I'm working on healing.

As for the pause menu, it just said -PAUSED- and didn't let me access combos or anything else. It's literally the first thing I tried. Sorry. Back/Select did nothing as well.
Greater Ninja
Greater Ninja

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2011 1:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry for the loss Cyber, my condolences.

Primeval_Demon
Superior Ninja
Superior Ninja

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2011 7:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Your not the only one who lost a family member this week Cyber Sad Sorry to hear your troubles.
Shrykull
Greater Ninja
Greater Ninja

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2011 1:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My bad, I didn't read the messages before !

Sorry for you two.
CyberEvil
Shadow Ninja
Shadow Ninja

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2011 9:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks guys. Primeval, it's insanely rough so if it's you or someone you know that lost someone, you have my sympathies. Didn't know I could hurt like that.

Let's try to keep the thread focused on NGIII though, guys. I really appreciate any support, and Primeval could use some as well it seems, but we should keep on topic in here at the least.
Ninja Dog
Ninja Dog

PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2011 4:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wanted to post about the Teaser Trailer, (where Ryu is impaling the mysterious enemy and almost reveals his face), and ask a question. In an interview I read it said that Master Ryu would be fighting mostly human/mechanical enemies, and that anything non human or demon like appearing would be slim to none.......however, in that Teaser Trailier (and on the concept art), Im pretty sure a few people as well as myself, noticed green blood on the foread of Ryu-sama's headpiece.......the blood of a fiend.

Does anyone truly believe that fiends/demons will not appear in Ninja Gaiden 3, or are they just teasing us? After all, it is just a demo. It would be a disappointment not being able to rid the NG world of evil beings with the Dragon Sword.

Further more, there was mention that there would be use of various swords in order to maintain the Steel-on-Bone concept. I wonder if Ryu would be able to master a chain sword, similar to one like Ivy's from the Soul Calibur Series. And to make the deal sweeter, when he's using the Izuna Drop, have the chain sword extend and wrap around the enemy, then plummet to the ground in true Izuna form (picture Rock Lee from Naruto using the Hidden Lotus...but instead of bandages, its the chain sword xD).

And again, speaking on the S.O.B. concept, okay then, let it be steel. But it would be better if they broaden the conept a bit, and not just stick to "swords". Maybe Ryu can master a bladed staff, or perhaps turn the Lunar Staff into a double-bladed halberd?

I've followed Ryu Hayabusa ever since Ninja Gaiden 1 for the orginal Xbox, and still will. He will always be my favorite character in any game, and I wish nothing but the best this go-round in the NG franchise. Much luck and love to Team Ninja.......Hayashi-san, do your best man. Itagaki-san is watching your work from the shadows xD
Shrykull
Greater Ninja
Greater Ninja

PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2011 5:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Didn't hear about there being only human and mecha mooks… since the plot seems to involve his right arm corrupted by his fiendish blood, the absence of fiends would be strange.

Concerning the weapons I don't know… NG has always featured somehow "realistic" weapons : we had various katanas, great swords, a staff, a nunchaku, a sickle nunchaku, a kusarigama, a scythe, ninja claws, tonfa, short blades and a naginata. I don't really see what kind of weapons there could be in NG3 without them being redundant with the old ones… maybe the sai (the things used by the mages in NG1)…

And indeed I can't seem to imagine what steel on bones would be with a blunt weapon like the Lunar…

Quote:
Itagaki-san is watching your work from the shadows xD

Yeah, sort of. Though I have the feeling that even if NG3 is the greatest game ever Itagaki will still say it's crap…
BlackNinja9
Greater Ninja
Greater Ninja

PostPosted: Sun Jul 24, 2011 9:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry for your loss Cyber.
BlackNinja9
Greater Ninja
Greater Ninja

PostPosted: Sun Jul 24, 2011 9:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hope Team Ninja steps it's game up. Right now Capcom and Namco are making a killing with SSF4AE (yeah a long accronym), TTT2/Hybrid/movie and SFXT. DOA on the 3DS hardly made a blip on the radar unless you were hardcore. DoA has always been played to the side, despite I feel it has superior gameplay to both SF and tekken. Anyway, seeing as how NG3 has a much darker done (I didn't think it could get any darker) I hope DoA follows suit somewhat. I don't want them to completely change the mood of the game, but I hope some of NG3 rolls over to DoA.
RebelDragon19
Ninja Dog
Ninja Dog

PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2011 8:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

To Shrykull (sorry, haven't figured out how the "quote" mechanic works on here yet lol). I agree with what you're saying about the Lunar being incompatible with the s.o.b. concept, but what I meant was having a weapon similar to that, only replace the blunt spiked-spears with blades on each end instead Smile

And as far as the enemies that will appear on NG3, this is the link to the interview that made me consider the possibility about fiends/demons make little to no appearance this time around, but still, I could be wrong xD

http://www.siliconera.com/2011/07/14/yosuke-hayashi-wants-players-to-feel-each-katana-slicein-ninja-gaiden-3/

(its the second question/answer at the beginning of the interview) Let me know your thoughts Smile
Female Tengu
Superior Ninja
Superior Ninja

Gamertag: GalaxySpider PSN: GalaxySpider

PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2011 9:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Simply press the "quote" button. You can find the button In the upper right corner of each post. Wink
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ninja Fortress Forum Index -> Ninja Gaiden 3: Razor's Edge All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 3 of 6

Jump to: