ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in   

E3 trailer And Gameplay.
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ninja Fortress Forum Index -> Ninja Gaiden 3: Razor's Edge
View previous topic :: View next topic  
slickcat
Superior Ninja
Superior Ninja

PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2011 9:19 am    Post subject: E3 trailer And Gameplay. Reply with quote

http://www.gametrailers.com/video/e3-2011-ninja-gaiden/714759

Here ya go.
back to the books

http://www.gametrailers.com/video/e3-2011-ninja-gaiden/714948
http://www.gametrailers.com/video/e3-2011-ninja-gaiden/714950
http://www.gametrailers.com/video/e3-2011-ninja-gaiden/714952
http://www.gametrailers.com/video/e3-2011-ninja-gaiden/714954

New gameplay
Not sure if the QTES are a tutorial, my guess is that it is, but hope it doesnt stay that way.
Actually QTES are in the game, DAMN HELL... But game looks cinematic, but way too many button presses though. Have mixed feelings, alot of things have changed, will give my full opinion after my exams.

Last edited by slickcat on Mon Jun 06, 2011 5:18 pm; edited 3 times in total
Sath
Shadow Ninja
Shadow Ninja

Gamertag: PSN: ISathI
NGS - Sigma (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2011 9:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So damn bada$$!

Chaining OTs in rage?
Slide?
gore?
frentic feeling?

Very awesome, I loved the intro music with the sword, very Naruto feel.

I loved the trailer, but only thing I disliked was the climbing, a superninja shouldnt climb!

But ah well, great, I hope we see gameplay demos, would be great.
BlackNinja9
Greater Ninja
Greater Ninja

PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2011 9:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Loved every minute of it. I like the dark style of the cutscenes and especially the part of incorporating stealth into the combat. Unless it's just part of a movie scene. The improvement in his overall movement is evident. I'm glad they incorporating more parkour/freerunning type of movements into the combat. Looking forward to it. That's 30% wow.
slickcat
Superior Ninja
Superior Ninja

PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2011 9:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good trailer,
Dragon sword normal 4 chain moves still intact, Ryu sliding now instead of rolling. But seems there ll be more movement around the environment involved.
Hopefully the cutting of enemies still isnt QTE, so we have God to thank for that.
Graphics is very good for 30 percent.
And the game does feel darker compared to the rest.

It seems ryu can perform a UT or OT using the blood of the enemy he has taken, if you look at the trailer properly before he dashes to the next opponent, he uses the enemies blood to amp himself up.
The girl in the cutscene looks like Momiji but isnt her.
Ryu throws daggers from his wall climbing positions
And ryu can run faster now.
The last part is a cutscene. probably.
Also Ryus voice has been changed.
Thats all i can analyze from the trailer.
Keylay
Legendary Ninja
Legendary Ninja

Gamertag: Keylay
NG - Emblem (Amount: 1) NGB - Master (Amount: 1) NGDS - The Eye of the Dragon (Amount: 1) NGS - Sigma (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2011 1:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I want to see the demo. Trailer was a little short. Sounds like the girl was communicating to him with a headset. I don't really like that though. The grpahics look nice and it looks like they are going for a more realist style.

Are you sure that's not Momiji. Her hair is a little different but they have the same eye color.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Sath
Shadow Ninja
Shadow Ninja

Gamertag: PSN: ISathI
NGS - Sigma (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2011 1:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I want a gameplay demo as well, I hope they do that during E3.

And that isnt Momiji, the faces arent even same.

That headset communication makes sense, he is helping them so they need to talk in a way.
mohsin117
Head Ninja
Head Ninja

Gamertag: mohsin117 PSN: mohsin117

PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2011 2:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

O I don’t know,

The game looks totally brilliant, but that voice its Sonia right? Honesty that just completely destroyed it for me,
“an un known terrorist group has attacked London, their after you Ryu Hayabusa”
So the terrorist are after Ryu so they attacked London? And Ryu is getting in with the CIA and going to London?

I suppose we don’t know if it is Sonia, but if it is why she is giving him orders for telling him to pull out, that girl she’s got black heir let’s hope she’s Momiji not Sonia, but Sonia is called Irena in one game Sonia in another I wouldn’t be surprised if she changed her hair colour

I also watched it with the sound off, game looks amazing loving the zoom in effect when cutting through, and it looks like there could be stealth parts (0:59)

Im going to go watch the trailer few more times now with the sound off

And so much for the whole unmasking, so far I can say I am excited, very excited but the idea of Sonia again is just a huge downer for me
Head Ninja
Head Ninja

Gamertag: mohsin117 PSN: mohsin117

PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2011 2:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sath wrote:
I want a gameplay demo as well, I hope they do that during E3.

And that isnt Momiji, the faces arent even same.

That headset communication makes sense, he is helping them so they need to talk in a way.

It’s the head set communications that’s making me think it isn’t Momiji, Momiji wouldn’t be ordering Ryu to pull out she knows his ability’s she wouldn’t be surprised but the power of the sword and she’s wouldn’t be calling him "Hayabusa"

Last edited by mohsin117 on Mon Jun 06, 2011 3:20 pm; edited 1 time in total
Vueguy
Greater Ninja
Greater Ninja

Gamertag: XBL: Vuezero PSN: Vueguy

PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2011 3:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

look pretty awesome.

i don't really care much if a few things change from the past Ninja Gaiden games.

i just hope it's not like Ninja Gaiden 2 or Sigma 2 cause I hate playing chapter to chapter making to the end just to fight a boss.

i want it to go back to like the first game that you have platform and puzzles to solves.

also i am glad it look like the story is going to be better this time.

a great action game need a great hero and story, it would even rock harder than great action with bad story.

this is how i feel right now.
Wave
Expert Ninja
Expert Ninja

PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2011 4:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Absolutely brilliant!!!

The only thing that keeps this thing away from a very good impression overall,
is a demo where we can see that the frenetic action isn´t gone, although we have this slowdown during cutting.
Greater Ninja
Greater Ninja

PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2011 5:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So it seems QTEs are integrated into combos too; in order to break and cut through bones you have to press triangle or some other button prompt. It's no longer an obliteration technique but a true QTE...

And the CIA talking through the headphone to guide you gets annoying.
slickcat
Superior Ninja
Superior Ninja

PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2011 5:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What are your thoughts Vspec. I dont like the QTE, but damn, some of the sequences look epic with it. Dont know what to do about the title, they could strip the QTEs and have ryu just know the right button presses as a tutorial. But I guess its too much. Stealth is in the game and I hope the enemies arent only human. Ryu is too strong for only human enemies. There was no need for his hands to be cursed in the first place
vspectra
Greater Ninja
Greater Ninja

PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2011 5:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

slickcat wrote:
What are your thoughts Vspec. I dont like the QTE, but damn, some of the sequences look epic with it. Dont know what to do about the title, they could strip the QTEs and have ryu just know the right button presses as a tutorial. But I guess its too much. Stealth is in the game and I hope the enemies arent only human. Ryu is too strong for only human enemies. There was no need for his hands to be cursed in the first place

The gameplay looks to be similar (somewhat), except now we have QTEs that may break up any possible combo strings. :\ I also think the wall climb looks boring, it's too slow, especially when they make you press left trigger and right trigger to move. And then you can get knocked down the wall and have to climb back up, slowly... I don't find that particularly fun.

The graphics look awesome though. I'll probably buy it day 1 since there aren't many action games like NG, even with the QTEs. I really dislike button prompts popping up in the middle of combat though...

All of the QTE segments remind me of Ninja Blade btw.
slickcat
Superior Ninja
Superior Ninja

PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2011 5:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

QTE breaks all the combo sequences, probability of concluding a combo is now diminished, so my guess is that there wont be much moves in this game, since they are taking this route. As an NG fan I ll buy it Day 1 as well but fvck wall climbing is MAD stupid, and these QTES seem to have disappeared in some of the fights,dont know if they are random but now we have stuff we can ask Cyberevil to ask about.

Game is now use friendly, though ryus QTES seem to be stuff he can do ingame, more like prototype. other than the alternating triangle and square presses, if you mess them up, just continue your combo. And now that UTs are obsolete I dont see us getting some epic take downs and fast viscerality anymore. fvck.......................

Also some of ryus combos are taken from his previous UTs from what I see, he has 2 air grabs now, and his first air combo has the same animation as DS UT upper air segment because of the sommersault in the air. Also it seems he can finish off enemies. the finisher looks exactly like the ending of the ET of DS as well. I m hoping most of the qtes are tutorial because they disappeared for a while other than the square and triangle alternation. So I m not going to be pissed off yet, will have to see another site play the demo
CoolBlackKnight
Greater Ninja
Greater Ninja

PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2011 6:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I kinda feel "meh" with this so far(QTE's, really? Damn. Rolling Eyes )... I'll just wait for more gameplay vids to draw my thoughts together later.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ninja Fortress Forum Index -> Ninja Gaiden 3: Razor's Edge All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 1 of 8

Jump to: