ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in   

E3 trailer And Gameplay.
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ninja Fortress Forum Index -> Ninja Gaiden 3: Razor's Edge
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Female Tengu
Superior Ninja
Superior Ninja

Gamertag: GalaxySpider PSN: GalaxySpider

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2011 8:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

But the lower part of the guys mask is golden ^^

Hm, btw, someone noticed that there were no projectile attacks? I thought Ryu would have at least the shurikens for stunning smaller enemies.
Head Ninja
Head Ninja

Gamertag: mohsin117 PSN: mohsin117

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2011 8:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeah it might not be him, im not going to say its him, but it would be cool if it is if not thats cool, but you know a diffrent mask and him wearing a mask is a refrence to DOAD

the shurikens are are in the game look on GT for the latest vid
Greater Ninja
Greater Ninja

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2011 9:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mohsin117 wrote:

I think thatís a little unfair this is a forum hell itís a fan forum for the game this is where people should be nitpicking, and again itís a fan forum this is what fans of games to break down everything from a game mechanic to the colour of something is different

And you know absolutely no hate to you guys that like what been but out, I mean none of us want the game to fail we all what the game to be good and itís not like were nitpicking at stuff that isnít there or that isnít there

I mentioned that you all would hate in the beginning of my post so I chose to play devil's advocate willingly. Anyway I say "nitpicking" because for a lot of you the first things to come out of your mouth were what was wrong with the game. Now don't get me wrong, in order to make change you have to first realize that change must be made or "find what is wrong." But it appeared you looked right past what TN had accomplished with the game so far.

I didn't say that we shouldn't like it, I said we shouldn't be so heavily critical on something that isn't even 1/2 way done. For what we all know they could scrap the game and start over just like Splinter Cell Conviction.

I want the game to succeed and I don't hate you guys for picking out what was wrong. Somebody had to do it, so it was a necessary evil, just like me disagreeing with and you disagreeing with me etc. This is good, hopefully TN will read and pick up on some of this.

mohsin117 wrote:

O come on man, iv been playing DOAD I use Hayate a lot like all the time but that doesnít mean that I donít want other fighters, or in a racing game you have your best car but does that mean there shouldnít be any other cars even lower tier cars in the game, same goes for guns in a shooter

And having all these weapons is a part of NG, its NGs thing no other game dose it like NG, other games have one good or primary weapon and everything else is just secondary and not that good and its part of NG the weapons

Now iv played many games that only have one weapon and theyíve been good even grate, is going one weapon a grate move for NG no

I personally think Hayate is a bad ninja design, and he's my second best player in DoA. Everytime I hear about someone mentioning putting him in a game with Ryu or being near Ryu's level makes me laugh. The fact he and Kasumi beat Ryu in the tournament is pretty funny to me too. I actually liked Hayate more when he was Ein. He looks like former rockstar turned ninja.

I feel that if you put too many weapons in the game it takes away from the character. Ok, you want to do all these flashy moves and have all these weapons to choose from but then it becomes like Devil May Cry. DMC is fun don't get me wrong but it quickly becomes "lets see what ridiculous combo I can come up with for the enemy that doesn't fight back."

I also agree with you on the choosing of other weapons, yes you should have the option to experiment. I experimented with every weapon in NG2 at least 3 times, becoming quite good with the tonfa and kusari-gama. But when I got serious I used the talons, dragon sword or two swords. That being said you go for what works when you gotta bear down. I love CoD, but as you realize a lot of the guns are just put in there for fun as you soon see what works and what doesn't.

mohsin117 wrote:

And honestly I think you have to pay less attention now with the glowing arm, now with the glowing arm it glows you hit Y/triangle and bam UT, before kill an enemy and get the essence, you judge the distance from the essence and the distance of the enemy, can you pull the essence in before the enemy gets to you, then you have to keep in mind is the essence blue, red or yellow and you have to decide do you sacrifice life or ninpo for a lvl 2 UT and then after you charged the UT thereís the distance from you and the enemy, is he too far away for he UT to hit?

But now with the red arm it as though the essence is stuck on your back, once itís started glowing you could just run in to a group of enemyís and realise a UT

Now this is all going on what we seen and want we can make out, so it could change or this could be really cool in practice, but from where im standing it seems you pay less attention now than ever

I agree with the judging distance between you, the enemy and the essence but the "carrying the essence on your back" is a good idea. Saving it for running into a group is good. How many times have you risked you butt in Master Ninja to get to a red essence for a level 2 UT. You get the essence only for the enemy to be too far away and blast you with something causing you to lose your charge. Now you could let go and hope he reaches a nearby enemy but that's not always the case. Having it on you allows to use the charge when you "really" need it.

mohsin117 wrote:

Are TN striving to be more accrete historically accurate? I mean in all seriousness whatís historically accurate in NG part form Ryu whoís a ninja whoís Japanese, now I really really like seriously really doubt that TN added Sonia in to NG to make it more historically accurate,

Its funny I laugh at comments that say government agencies do make scene in NG

I know little about really ninjas and to be honest with you I donít really want to know about really ninjas I donít think there going to be as cool as Ryu or Hayate, and im not going to question anything youíve said about real ninjas, I do know little about them and that they were used in letís say politics Razz

And iv never said ninjas donít work with government agencies, iv always said it doesnít work in NG and I stand by that, itís stupid thatís the correct word for it ďstupidĒ it makes no scene, now we donít know whatís happening in NG3 but so far Ryu is in London looking for hostages, tell me thatís historically accurate, you know what would be historically accurate in this situation when there is a hostage situation in London, sending in the SAS, not bringing in a ninja from the other side of the world,

In the trailer what we her is that an unknown group launched a terrorist attack on London and they want Ryu Hayabusa, and I was like WHAT! And started laughing, I assumed that the unknown group was the Black Spider but like they know where the Hayabusa are thire at the village more the Ryu they probably rent a place at the Hayabusa village

I donít know here youíre getting this historically accurate thing from, I might be missing something, but government agencies donít work in NG hell it didnít even work in DOAD and it did makes some scene there, Ryu kills fiends he didnít work with any agencies in NG1 or NG2, in NG2 the CIA sent Sonia, why they sent Sonia I donít get I mean they seem to know everything about the friends why would you send this girls who canít do anything why would you not send a Tactical NUKE! And Ryu didnít even work with Sonia in he pretty much told her to naff off it was Joe how sent Ryu after the fiend and it made compleat scence Joe Hayabusa leader of the Hayabusa clan sends his boys out to go kill fiends and to avenge the clan, so if Ryu not working with government agencies in NG and NG2 is historically incorrect then im good with it,

Im positive they could do a great story and game about ninjas caring out hits and doing mercenary jobs for secret agencies and organisation I think it would fit in perfectly with the Hijin Mon but not with Ryu fighting fiends, and im not good with anyone having the Hayabusa as a department of thire agency

The SDF is an actual military in Japan. Yes it is weird for him to be in London. Two maybe his reputation reaches that far. Government intelligence is everywhere. Sonia Williams is a generic design that could've been more fleshed out, but the government is not. NG and DoA are in the same universe. You love when characters overlap but hate when storyline ideas do. Where's the consistency.If you want Ryu to be just sitting around killing demons play 1/black/2. For all we know he will be fighting demons, he always does as the beginning levels of the previous games he started off fighting terrorists and security forces.

Hayabusa having connection with the government would give him access to information and tools. But not directly. Much like Batman has a connection with Gotham PD but still maintains his anonymity. I also noticed a lot of similarities to Batman with the standing on a perch and gliding thing. Despite the name a tactical nuke is not very "tactical." Once dropped that area is radioactively dangerous and uninhabitable for up to 25 years. Another thing, do you really think after what happened in NG2 with the greater fiends destroying things "ALL OVER THE PLANET" that at least 1 government agency would look into what stopped it? I suprised the military didn't do anything else. But I guess that's too much common sense, right? If the gameplay is to be realistic I think the story should be too. If not I'll just go play Super Mario.

mohshin117 wrote:

I also like the stealth I think if it goes down a sort of Splinter Cell Conviction, aggressive stealth it could be cool I just hope itís not going to be like every now and again the screen fills with some and you perform a few stealth kills,

When you say more ninja stuff, do mean real world historically accurate ninja stuff or just Ninja stuff we aspect Ryu to be able to do

And Ryu getting a better angel position was exactly what I told myself, but the sad truth is they had Ryu run away for the sake of the story (they should have just had Ryu fight it there for the sake of the story) I donít know if it was posted her but hereís a Kotaku vid where the guy playing straight at it to fight it, then he realises heís got to run away and I think he was a bit disappointed
And Ryu shouldnít have to take a better position heís never had to go find a better angel

It's giving the option to fight every single battle or go about your business to the primary objective. I know you've had some battles where you wish you could just leave as opposed to duking it out. MN, low life, save point two rooms down, trapped by IS ninjas. Get my drift? Personally I see nothing wrong with "running" or moving to a better position. If I was Ryu and that spider rushed me like that I would run but for the sake of disappearing so I could sneak up on it and hit it's weak points, then disappear into the shadows again. Again this isn't the way NG is normally played but I would like the "option." The same way all of you want the "option" to have the Legend of Zelda never ending bookbag of space that's filled with weapons. Giving us the option to fight head on or tactically would be a must better addition than just fighting the same way but with a different weapon. Hopefully Hayashi explores that more.

Just my two cents.
Sath
Shadow Ninja
Shadow Ninja

Gamertag: PSN: ISathI
NGS - Sigma (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2011 9:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Extended gameplay http://www.gametrailers.com/video/e3-2011-ninja-gaiden/715693

Shows Region of the Mask (villain) boss too.

Before the boss and stealth approach, I really liked the gameplay, good combos, it has more relationship with NG1 than NG2, but it still has some aspects of NG2 which is the gore.

Now Hayashi said this level is just level 1, basically a tutorial to help you to learn some stuff, but these prompt will go away later on.
I do hope so, he even added QTE for the first time to DOA Dimensions to teach the player the basics, but later on there was no more of this.

If he do that, great!
As long as the QTE on screen goes away for like sliding under trucks, climbing...etc. it would be good.

But the QTE during the OT, I am fine with that as long as its not alot and every time...rather have a option to remove it.

The boss seemed super easy, didnt do anything special, but then again, its probably on Acolyte.

I dont know, I do feel like I will enjoy this game for what it is, but will it be my favorite NG...extremely doubtful.
Though some of the moves Ryu do during combat is damn awesome.
Sath
Shadow Ninja
Shadow Ninja

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2011 11:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Live demo (recorded) http://e3.gamespot.com/video/6318257/#toggle_video

Hayashi says the QTE is not a real traditional QTE.
Its basic tutorial, level 1 type of guide QTE so people can get familiar with the combat and later on remove it so it feels more natural to do it (like NG2 OT button).

If thats the case then thats great, as long as the QTE goes away on level 2 or during later on in level 1 I will be happy.
As I mentioned it before, Dead or Alive Dimensions was like this. They guide the players for the first time to let them know the buttons and what they can do, but a bit later they will remove it and play normally.

And the games story is focusing on Dragon Sword but there will be other weapons, but its unsure how many and what.

The whole weapon thing doesnt bother me considering I love Dragon Sword and its my main weapon.

But what I want to know is some enemies, without touching them once, Ryu goes and kills them with the Steel-on-Bone move, I have no idea how that works, but I definitely dont like it.

Tbh, my interest for a good NG is back, but I am being light on that opinion.
Hopefully its a solid title.
Vueguy
Greater Ninja
Greater Ninja

Gamertag: XBL: Vuezero PSN: Vueguy

PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2011 12:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

^@ Sath, that combo at 6:56 is sure looking badass and amazing, look like a new combo never was in Ninja Gaiden before.

this morning i dream that i got Ninja Gaiden 3 already lol.
and it was so awesome that we can switch weapons quickly like God of War 3 without going to the menu or quick menu like NG2 or NGS2, and man, it was so amazing in my dream.
i just use the Dragon Sword then do some combos then quickly switch to the Scythe and continue the come then switch to the Kasari-gama and adding some more combos, it's so crazy.
Very Happy

imagine NG3 have weapon switch as quick as GoW3, it would be so fvck damn amazing.

Link
the guy was one crazy GoW3 combos master.

Ninja Gaiden 3 combat was a whole lot better than GoW3 and like i said, imagine with weapon switch like GoW3 have, most of the master ninja players could do super crazy combos.

oh also i visit gametrailers again and they show a new gameplay which was longer and extend to the red guy with the mask.
this player is more interesting to watch and he's a better Ninja Gaiden player so the video wasn't that boring as the first few gameplay we saw that have the player doing the same thing over and over and also play mediocre style too.
Ninja Gaiden 3 Extend Demo
Shadow Ninja
Shadow Ninja

PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2011 2:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well if Hayashi says is true and have more weapons other than sword, nice.

I want the claws and flail, those are the only ones that isnt a sword I used in NG2/S2.

But real time switch, I highly doubt Hayashi can think that far, even for a developer lol.

Yes that Region of Mask looks great, like his outfit and that hood.
But the fighting was boring, he aint no Fiend Ryu unfortunetly.

But then again, its a tutorial level, and tutorial are obviously going to be the easiest and more "instructive" one.
I hope he can do some badass moves on MN and go wild considering he has the cursed arm as well.

Tbh, I am getting a bit more hyped soley on the fact he said QTE images and slow mo will go away and more weapons.
Primeval_Demon
Superior Ninja
Superior Ninja

PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2011 3:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

YAY! Very Happy

http://www.siliconera.com/2011/06/08/ninja-gaiden-3-to-have-downloadable-characters-and-missions/
mohsin117
Head Ninja
Head Ninja

PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2011 4:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

AHHH!

thats the best news ever, sounds like there goign to be doing someting like the DOAD spotpass but maybe not daily

*first post from my 3DS*
Superior Ninja
Superior Ninja

PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2011 4:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

All of a sudden I don't miss the weapons XD
mohsin117
Head Ninja
Head Ninja

PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2011 4:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was just fliking through the images when that one of his masked face popped up and I was like ďhay wait a secondĒ and it just hit me out of no were, that mask looks like the one Victor had in his hand, so I pulled up the vid on Youtube,

but yeah I donít know I might be Victor, I think it would be very cool if it is, and im cool if it isnít
but thinking about itÖthe white mask in plays no roll what so ever in DOAD, because we never get to see Donavonís face any way, and then seeing him at the end with t mask and now this guy wearing a very similar looking mask coincidence? I think not,

itís just the whole DOAD end is staring to make me think that it is Donavon,
look at it like this maybe in DOAD they were never hiding Donavonís face from us but they were hiding his mask, if that makes sense, and then with the reveal of the mask being after the end creditsÖ. You know what screw it! im calling it until further notice im going to assume this guy is Victor Donavan! iv somehow managed convince myself it is,

Yes I know part of the mask is gold, and itís not the same mask, but him being called Reagent of the Mask dose sort off fall in with him wearing Genraís mask

Im not taking this too seriously like I was taking Victor being Genra seriously, like I say itís cool if it is Victor if not then im cool

ďNinja Gaiden 3 will also allow you to download new challenges, characters and missions when you connect online.Ē

It sort of sounds like they will be doing something like DOADís Spotpass, but instead off costumes we will get characters for multiplayer, canít really say if they will come with their own weapons at this point we might just have to use the weapons that are in the game, and I doubt it will be a daily thing maybe weekly, and free, any way thatís what im getting from that quote

Last edited by mohsin117 on Thu Jun 09, 2011 5:25 am; edited 1 time in total
mohsin117
Head Ninja
Head Ninja

PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2011 5:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

off screen running on 360:
http://www.gametrailers.com/video/e3-2011-ninja-gaiden/715461
Shadow Ninja
Shadow Ninja

PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2011 5:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

More weapons>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>additional characters.

If they add Hayate then all is forgiven...ALL Hayashi, everything lol

But I am guessing Rachelthe slut, Momiji, Ayane and Kasumi are going to be playable only during MP.

They should add Mission Mode (solo!!!).
I dont want to be forced to play a mission mode with another player, let me go classic and lone wolf damn it.
Primeval_Demon
Superior Ninja
Superior Ninja

PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2011 5:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sath wrote:
But I am guessing Rachelthe slut, Momiji, Ayane and Kasumi are going to be playable only during MP.

Thats what I was thinking. Rachel, Ayane and Momiji are already made to stand on their own feet so it makes sense to bring them back. As for Kasumi Hayashi was going somewhere with his implications. If he still is remains to be seen. I think they may be playable for missions as well.

This is the best way of settling it because it means those that don't want them can't step back and complain while those that do still get what they want. But I think people here may consider them anyway since they will add variety to the game Wink

I see where Hayashi is going now and completely agree with him. This way the main story will be completely Ryu's territory and his own game but the others get some time under the spot light. It also means people won't complain at "insert chapter here" because they can't upgrade the character's weapons or don't like the fighting style.

And yes I agree missions should also be solo. Personally I hope they make it solo and co-op selection just so the option is there.

All the game needs for me now is local split screen. Make it happen Hayashi!
Sath
Shadow Ninja
Shadow Ninja

PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2011 6:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Like I said, keep characters off MAIN story and I dont care, good decision Hayashi.

But man, too many girls, just add Hayate already damn it! You have made some bad decision already so you might as well add Hayate and we will forgive you, I would anyways.

Ryu + Hayate = awesome!

One thing I dont seem to understand is that some enemies Ryu attack for the first time, the first slash gets into this Steel-to-bone (SOB) sequence, its VERY stupid IMO to do that.
Is this SOB happening random by SQUARE? Because the thing is that I seen Ryu do some proper OT animations just somewhat similair like NG2 so that has to be triangle.

I REALLY dont want automatic SOB happening randomly, it would break the pace of your combos or your style of play.

Anyone care to share some thought on that?

I think its randomly happening on SQUARE button.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ninja Fortress Forum Index -> Ninja Gaiden 3: Razor's Edge All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 4 of 8

Jump to: