ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in   

E3 trailer And Gameplay.
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ninja Fortress Forum Index -> Ninja Gaiden 3: Razor's Edge
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Neders
Common Ninja
Common Ninja

Gamertag: PSN: Neders

PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2011 7:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't know...

I love how brutal it looks and feels but I am not sure if I want 20+ hours of this QTE stuff...

I am a lot happier than I was now that I saw the game running but I hope they add a lot of weapons to give some variety to the QTEs/animations.

The graphics are much better though, no complaints about that from me.
Legendary Ninja
Legendary Ninja

Gamertag: Keylay
NG - Emblem (Amount: 1) NGB - Master (Amount: 1) NGDS - The Eye of the Dragon (Amount: 1) NGS - Sigma (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2011 7:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It didn't make me go "wow" but it looks nice. I was happy to see that enemies can block again. I'm kind of interested in the story but Team Ninja hasn't been too good with stories. The trailer makes it seem like they only want Ryu but why attack London. And Hayashi said it was the Japanese forces that sent him. I don't really like him working with the government. Reminds me of Shinobi, Nightshade, and Ninja Blade. I'm guessing Irene/Sonia is the one talking to him and she was in the helicopter helping him. It looks like Ultimate Techniques are performed when his arm glows. I'm guessing that you have to kill a certain amount of enemies for it to glow. If that is the way it works, then I'm glad that you can't spam UTs anymore. And it looks like you automatically heal after killing some enemies.

And yea, they need to get rid of the QTEs. Keep them on for tutorial mode but players should be able to figure out when to slide under obstacles and finish off enemies. The wall climbing looks boring. Why does he have to fall and start over again. Hayashi said to make it more interactive but it just looks tedious. I would rather use the flying bird flip.

I'm not sure about the new save points. I'm guessing the falcon only comes after you finish a fight so you can't go back and save.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
CyberEvil
Shadow Ninja
Shadow Ninja

Gamertag: XBL: CyberEvil PSN: CyberEvil-PSN
NG - Emblem (Amount: 1) NGB - Master (Amount: 1) NGDS - The Eye of the Dragon (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2011 7:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm just going to throw this out there: I'm very, very disappointed.

So much of the game feels out of character at this point that I'm hard-pressed to be even slightly excited. I'm dreading this weekend at this point. How many times have we seen Hayabusa simply launch himself ridiculous heights into the air now? Even teleporting? And you're going to shoe-horn a climbing QTE into the game? Complete with what looks to be a random encounter with enemies where you have to throw a kunai/shuriken at an enemy before he shoots you? Let's see how that works with Master Ninja level damage scaling and enemy speed, shall we?

The arm is something I've been hinting at for a while and now it's out there (though it's more than just his arm). The funny thing is that it's actually even more poorly implemented than I thought. Kill some guys to build up an invisible meter for an UT? Really? How is that any better than risking damage to charge up or absorb some essence?

Also, let's just toss a slide mechanic into the game for no other reason than to complicate level-design (okay, I killed all of the enemies...where do I go? Oh, all the way in THIS corner is a slightly propped gate. SLIDE!) and do some "cool" barely-dodged-it QTEs? It seems to also serve a double purpose of interrupting enemies if you hit them with the slide but how is that any different than tossing a shuriken at them like we do now? Oh right. It's not. Pure, redundant non-sense.

[Removed...because I was wrong. The girl helping him is a new character from the SDF]

I'm actually tempted to continue ranting about things I found that I hate seeing, but I'll save it for a full hands-on write-up once I play it this coming weekend. Ive been dreading the things I heard so long ago and they're somehow managing to skew further from the game I love than I ever thought possible. Hayashi better be ready for the crap he's stirred up if this game doesn't play much better than it looks.
Superior Ninja
Superior Ninja

PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2011 8:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My exact same sentiments Cyber. I have exams in 3hrs time and all i can think of is how this game has been messed up. Mark my words its going to score lower than any NG game in history. All this scripted crap, only look nice the first 1hr of play, and then it becomes predictable. I hate QTEs with a passion, Is there anyway Hiyashi can be informed that he made some bad design choices. The sliding is nice and all but to use it while fighting enemies is plain ridiculous. what happened to Backflip and side roll and maybe dash forward or slide.

Game is backwards, I felt no hype on watching the trailer , no hype from the gameplay, Now I m sad that my combos witll be interrupted with some bone crushing, do decapitations, just cutting the human body. UTs and teleportation that look bland, after all he just does a bone crush on teleporting, how does this beat the old UTs. I dont care about the timer. Man I could rant all day. Hiyashi, messed up big time.

Wall climbing is the worst of all of them, for someone who teleports, runs up walls, he cant induce himself to climb a wall properly, on harder difficulties it will be very stupid and so much trial and error.
Ryu running fast just for cinematics is utterly stupid.

Well back to studies, I might fail my exams thanks to this stupid gameplay.
xino
Ninja Dog
Ninja Dog

Gamertag: Blackxino

PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2011 8:49 pm    Post subject: nagging man Reply with quote

so much complaints and nagging yet all these people talk as if they are true NG fans.
Seriously man, if you've played the original Classic NG games you'd notice they used the Kunai Climbing as reference to the classic climbing.

The QTE makes the game cinematic, GOW is successful because of the cinematic so NG needs to use this to be successful as GOW. If a successful game uses an idea, why shouldn't you use that idea to make your game successful?
Kunai Climbing is not QTE, please people research what actual QTE means and stand for. In fact go back to the origin how QTE was reinvented which was Shenmue and then start comparing games that uses QTE right and wrong.
The level so far is tutorial level and to teach the player basic controls of NG3. Obviously when you are playing Stage 2 the button prompts (Not QTE) will not appear.

Steel on Bone- when battling new enemies and you are about to finish them, a button will appear to prompt you how to finish the enemy (this is QTE). I believe the combat system 2 Hayashi was talking about is pressing Square or Triangle+analogue will trigger different animation.
When you look at NG2's Obliteration Technique, you press Triangle and Ryu automatically does a killing animation which puts the player in sheer laziness. Now with Combat System 2, when you OT enemies, you'd have to press analogue+button to trigger different cutting animation.
After you've defeated your first encounter with an enemy, the icon will disappear and you are forced to remember what to press for future references.

I can guess the Assassination sequences are optional. Its a way of changing the difficulty to your level. In concept you are originally meant to play that sequence Stealth, however if you run and attack things would get harder.
When designing games, if players are forced to do something they wouldn't be able to have full control of that thing.
As you can see from the tutorial it tells the player How To walk stealthly. Players have the option to play stealthy that will reward in a bloody killing way or run and attack that will result enemies targeting Ryu.

Let's observe the rooftop scene that debuts the Assassination. If you run and attack that enemy, the enemies below will fire a rocket at you and eventually blowing up the gate (the rocket can also damage you). Now if you play it Steath, Ryu will automatically kick the enemy off the gate and you can prepare for the rocket coming at you.
Play the game at Dallas and tell me if I'm right or wrong. As in giving the player optional to play Assassination or Run+Attack.

Ability to Glide is so f.... badass! Even I didn't think of that. Hayashi does know how to make Ryu badass. Not only do we glide and attack but we glide and avoid projectiles while in the air! amazing!

If people are going to complain about using Sliding for additional attack, please stop playing Ninja Gaiden!
Ninja Gaiden's other side combat was about using different weapons to link up and chain combos (comboing is the essence of hack n slash/beat em up games). Thanks to Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2's control we could use arrow+shuriken to link combos. Now with NG3's sliding technique we can link sliding+shuriken with a combo. Izuna Drop is 7 hit total combo- x+y+x+x+x+y.
Now add slide+shuriken which gives a total 9 hits combo.
shuriken+slide+x+y+x+x+x+y
x+slide+x+y+x+x+x+y
slide+x+shuriken+x+y+x+x+x+y

You do get prompted when to pull of UT and that happens everytime Ryu's arm glow as Hayashi said. This is good and stops n00bs from spamming the UT all the time.

In terms of Game Designing, how else would we incorporate the Slide move to the gameplay if you feel that using the slide move to get to a location by sliding under the barrier is cheap? If you play Sonic Adventure games Sonic can roll. With the roll you can originally use it to attack enemies however you can also use it to get into tight spots.
Now with Ninja Gaiden 1 & 2 that features roll and dash. How were they used outside combat? none! Which is lack of game designing. Hayashi made the right decision in terms of directing and designing to allow us to use the Slide move outside combat so that it feels that the move is not a waste meant for combat.

It's much like the Double Jump feature in many beat em up/hack n slash games. Why do we need a Double Jump feature? you can use it outside combat to get to a tough location and during combat you can use it for additional attack or evasion.

Perhaps you should all stop playing NG and just play Itagaki's Wet 2...Devil's Third instead.
Only people who liked Ninja Gaiden 1 over NG2 would know how this game is dead amazing!
CoolBlackKnight
Greater Ninja
Greater Ninja

PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2011 8:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As I have re-watched this several times now, Cyber & slick are voicing my concerns too.

Hayashi, you better be ready for the screams coming if you don't fix a few of these things my friend.
Mad

Sath
Shadow Ninja
Shadow Ninja

Gamertag: PSN: ISathI
NGS - Sigma (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2011 9:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What the hell did I just watch?

The game wasent even combo based anymore.
No limbs was flying (unless it was censored or something like NGS2 in demos)
QTE in NG? wtf! Keep that dumb stuff to western games that loves it like God of War, I hate QTE!
Sneak sequence + wall climbing? The whole point of Ryu is that he is a super ninja, not ninja. Whatever a ninja does, he is suppose to exagerate it, that was the whole point of Ryu.
Ultimate Technique is now one hit kill, chaining? Damn it all!
Sliding? really...sliding? The guy should dash with leaving smoke or do acrobatic manuevers. I rather take NG2 dash than this.
No orbs? really?

The only good parts I saw was the bone crushing, was good.
Some of the OTs animations was nice too.
The sky leaps was cool, reminded me of DOA4 Ryu CGI ending.
So the bird now is your checkpoint/healing...its cool, I like that.
Game looks VERY visceral and brutal.

But seriously, QTE, no limbs flying, barely any combos (unless the sword was level 1 which it seems like it) and climbing, ultimate technique is chaining one hit kills? damn it Hayashi what the hell.
You are suppose to EVOLVE the NG2 combat, not down.

I was dissapointed abit to see what I just saw but overal from the demo they showed, had nice stuff in there but also some bad...thats Hayashi, man of mixed good and bad.

But as a fan, I will buy it regardless and hope there is more to it, but this demo made me enjoy NGS2 MUCH more.
And as stupid as Hayashi is, I cant enjoy gore for NGS2.

But, I will buy it, I will play it alot, but as Slickcat said, it will score low.

Only thing left is the soundtrack, I hpe that delivers.
Keylay
Legendary Ninja
Legendary Ninja

Gamertag: Keylay
NG - Emblem (Amount: 1) NGB - Master (Amount: 1) NGDS - The Eye of the Dragon (Amount: 1) NGS - Sigma (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2011 10:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's another video:

http://kotaku.com/5809307/ninja-gaiden-3-senses-the-proper-path

Quality isn't good but it looks like he has some dash teleport moves with his dragon sword. And I think I saw a new aerial launcher at the end. Looked like he was chargingi it.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Sath
Shadow Ninja
Shadow Ninja

PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2011 10:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like the way Ryu takes up the enemies now, that flip he does.

But seriously, I dont see the cool combo based game I once knew, its just a slashes and quickly to a OT.
And I hate the ultimate technique its a one hit kill, I want that long super speedy combo animations.

I do find it to be decent, but I had so much hope to see they evolve NG2 combat, I dont know why the just decided to redo it from scratch.

I will buy it, and play it, but this is probably gonna not be my favorite NG, not even better than NGS2...thats unless I see something crazy in the future.
Vueguy
Greater Ninja
Greater Ninja

Gamertag: XBL: Vuezero PSN: Vueguy

PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2011 1:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't mind a few things they change in this game, but a few things doesn't look right in this demo.
It has no dismenbering from Ninja Gaiden 2 even thought you cut through flesh and bone, seriously wtf?

I kind of like the QTE for Obliteration Technique cause it could be kind of challenge, but I hope they put back in "dismenbering".

With all this cut through flesh and bone, it will look stupid if there's no dismenbering like Ninja Gaiden 2.

A sword as sharp as a Ninja sword can cut head, arms, legs, and torso off easily.

The combat is still very much Ninja Gaiden cause I still see Izuna Drop and Flying Swallow.

I know it's still early so I hope they put back dismenbering before the game come out in early 2012 cause I want this new cut through flesh and bone to look more realistic.
This is how I feel right now. Don't know

Everything look fine to me cause like I said, I don't mind a few things change because I don't want to play the same old thing over and over if its like Ninja Gaiden 2 or 1 again cause if I want to play like that then I should just insert in Ninja Gaiden Sigma or Ninja Gaiden 2 on my X360 and PS3, but the cut through flesh and bone was disappoint because you can't dismenbering the enemies.
This is the only thing I want NG3 to have to make it look more realistic and better.

Put dismenbering back in, this will make cut through flesh and bone look even more awesome.
Hope Hayashi heard this cause I gonna send a message to one of that guy that kept visit their facebook and send them this message.

Ninja Gaiden 3 must not be downgrade, it need upgrade.

Artwork look really interesting.
Better put dismemberment back cause Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2 has already fail with the dismembering and now Ninja Gaiden 3 have none, not even a behead.
I just hope it was an early built demo and got censored for E3.

The final version just need 1 thing, dismemberment like Ninja Gaiden 2 and it would make this new cut through flesh and bone look even more awesome.
I know you guys want dismemberment like in NG2 back too.

Last edited by Vueguy on Tue Jun 07, 2011 11:01 am; edited 2 times in total
Primeval_Demon
Superior Ninja
Superior Ninja

PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2011 1:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like the bus.
Sath
Shadow Ninja
Shadow Ninja

PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2011 3:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

QTE sucks indeed!

But cmon, even Bayonetta has it during torture mode.
I dont mind if its same button mash to get something good out of it, but keep it VERY minimum to specifc moves, but do not add bullshit QTEs like God of War.

The more I see the videos the more I am thinking I will be fine with it in the end.
I am a very hyper and agressive guy in NG games, dont have alot of patience to combo enemies.

Want to quickly do some heavy attacks and go in for the vital organs of my enemies and kill them off, and that IMO is I think how Hayashi thought of it, so the more I see the more I love it.

QTEs sucks ass though, but then again, LoS, GoW, Dantes Inferno, all of them had it so I dont mind, as long as it doesnt ruin the pace for me in normal combat.
For example the SQUARE during OT is fine with me compared to the bullshit GoW pulls off were you have to press various buttons on same kill moves and its a trial and error.

Some of the OT animations Ryu did was bada**.

I expected more, but then again, its not THAT bad as I first had the impression. Somethings will grow on me depending on my mood, and considering I expected more when I saw it so I was in rage mode, but now that I am calm I am trying to see what Hayashi is trying to do, guess I will be fine.

Though I hope that frentic hyper moves we saw in NG2 will be back and the Dragon Sword was level 1 here.

@Vueguy

I do believe dismemberment will be in it, it would be stupid to have such crazy blood and the focus of more brutality than NG2 was and not have limbs being cut off.
I hope its the case like NGS2. They showed off censored edition, but during release US/PAL was uncensored while JP was censored think.
Primeval_Demon
Superior Ninja
Superior Ninja

PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2011 3:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank heavens it wasn't what I was expecting at all.
mohsin117
Head Ninja
Head Ninja

Gamertag: mohsin117 PSN: mohsin117

PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2011 5:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

“with the steal and bone concept were really focusing on cutting down enemies with the katana, so in past Ninja Gaiden games we have had other weapons and other sorts of combinations but this time it’s really tied in to the concept of a Japanese dark hero and the story its self revolves vey heavily around the sword and the idea of the sword so for the core game play of Ninja Gaiden 3 its really focusing on the sword the katana and cutting people down with that and what it feels like to cut through a person”

Screw you Hayashi if this mean where only getting the Dragon Sword and no other weapons, iv had this feeling that he was going to go down the one weapon root for some time now

And never have known Ryu to run from an enemy, why is he running from that tank thing? Past NG games he would have taken and now he’s running from it

And the QTEs are not the worst thing in the game, the worst thing is QTEs where you have to mash the button, and seriously glowing body parts on enemies!

There doesn’t seem to be any dismemberment but that could be due to censoring and the game is 30% complete so im confident they will add it in and hopefully we’ll see more stealth kill animations,

And now Ryu is working with a Japanese agency doesn’t make complete scene why Ryu’s with the a Japanese agency in London looking for hostages, you’d think that government s would have people to handle this stuff like groups off people and they wouldn’t need 1 ninja from another country
But there’s most like more things going on and working with the Japanese as appose to the CIA is a step in the right direction for Ryu,
The woman in Ryu’s ear sound way too much like Sonia, hate Sonia she’s going to ruin every thing

Not liking the arm, iv always said I don’t want Ryu to become a fiend, he’s human he should stay human that’s what makes him so awesome, in other game for a character to do want Ryu dose he has to be a demon, god, immortal or genetically modified basically something more or less than human but Ryu has always been able to do this stuff, he’s strong at the beginning of the game and he’s strong at the end of the game, and now with this arm he performs UTs with it so what happen when the arm goes back to normal? He loses the ability to perform UTs?

I liked that the enemy’s tried to crawl away, then later on if we could see Black Spiders crawl after you like they usually do that would be cool

that solder iv seen him before… OMG Ryu just kill Bayman!
You got to say them later solders look like they are wearing Bayam’s costume
Head Ninja
Head Ninja

Gamertag: mohsin117 PSN: mohsin117

PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2011 6:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gamespot E3 2011: Ninja Gaiden 3 Hands-On Preview

http://e3.gamespot.com/story/6317496/e3-2011-ninja-gaiden-3-hands-on-preview/?tag=updates%3Beditor%3Ball%3Btitle%3B4
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ninja Fortress Forum Index -> Ninja Gaiden 3: Razor's Edge All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 2 of 8

Jump to: