ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in   

New NG3 details in PS Mag
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ninja Fortress Forum Index -> Ninja Gaiden 3: Razor's Edge
View previous topic :: View next topic  
BlackNinja9
Greater Ninja
Greater Ninja

PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2011 8:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Christie has a relationship with the ninjas by extension of Ein/Hayate. I believe she provided some of the intel to take down DoA tech as well. But that's just conjecture.
Sath
Shadow Ninja
Shadow Ninja

Gamertag: PSN: ISathI
NGS - Sigma (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2011 11:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BlackNinja9 wrote:
Christie has a relationship with the ninjas by extension of Ein/Hayate. I believe she provided some of the intel to take down DoA tech as well. But that's just conjecture.

Still, not enough to be in Ninja Gaiden universe.

Keep one thing simple...do not merge DoA characters in Ninja Gaiden universe!

I want to see fresh design and characters in NG, that is how to keep the game alive and not keep adding cameos and crap like that from DoA.
BlackNinja9
Greater Ninja
Greater Ninja

PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2011 11:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I see what you mean. They should stop putting DoA characters in Ninja Gaiden. I mean, I love Ayane, Kasumi and Hayate, they are my best characters after Ryu, but they just don't have the "viciousness" the Ryu has.

For example, my friend was trying to beat his 60 win survival record on DoA with Helena the other day. The moment Ryu jumped in the ring he was like "aww s@#t, no him." It's that kind of fear that he gives people that I just don't see Mugen Tenshin having.

You look at Tekken, you see cold hearted Jin or sadistic Kazuya or you look at DMC and you see Dante or Vergil or GoW and see Kratos' ultra violent self. Then you look at DoA and you see cute and cuddly Kasumi and Ayane (ok, maybe not Ayane) and Hayate the Goo Goo doll. By now you should get my point. They just don't come across as a threat.

And the girls are too young they've been 16 forever. If you are going to sex them up like that, at least make them legal. That small detail messes up sales, Sweden, which equals less money, which equals less to work with. And in a time after the earthquake Japanese companies need as much money as they can get. Not cracking jokes just being serious, Japan is billions in debt now.

If Team Ninja creates an all-new kunoichi, one who can match Ryu with that vicious aggression. Momiji is also too "soft" and a spear isn't necessarily as lethal as a sword or claws (which I think she would've been better off with).

Yet and tell I'm beating a dead horse because Team Ninja isn't listening. They wanna use Sonia/Nina Williams/Jill Valentine/Sonya Blade to help the story of Ninja Gaiden. Confused
Kayin Amoh
Ninja Dog
Ninja Dog

PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2011 11:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

@sath Christie's unafraid to take on both Ryu and Ayane at the same time, and in most trailers she's the one taking on Ryu. You can easily weave threads explaining why this is into the series - and for the record, Rachel was absolutely fine as an extra. The problem was that she was in the main game, which is the same problem with Momiji and Ayane. It broke the continuity.

Ayane, Kasumi and Ein have enough of a story in Doa. Ayane's fine as a helpful sidekick since she's been in the new NG from the start, but I don't really want any more of the whole ninja tribe chiming in just for the sake of it.

Also, Doa dimensions makes it pretty clear that Hayate's not on Ryu's level. You mock the Christie idea, but I'm doubly glad that it's not you writing your wishes in - make the most promoted characters in Doa prominently invade another series? That's way, way worse.

As for me, I'd rather none of the Doa characters made it over. Rachel - great. Momiji - great. Sonia - great. Sure, Sonia may not be everyone's favourite character, but at least she's not jumping in from another series.

If there had to be a cameo, as mentioned, I'd prefer Christie. She's at least interesting. Otherwise, keep them all out.
Sath
Shadow Ninja
Shadow Ninja

PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2011 12:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bravo LOL

I agree with every point you said, except Hayate can be visceral.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1y9M1cOm0aE

This alone makes me thing he is worth to have in Ninja Gaiden series.
He may a crazy gorefest killer like Ryu is, but he could if given the time to invest into him. Hayate has awesome potential.

The girls are too cutey to fit in the world of Ninja Gaiden IMO, but I do believe Ayane is good enough.
With Kasumi I am not sure.

But there is only 2 characters from DoA, or extras, I do think should stay is Hayate and Ayane.
Momiji is very cute and she just isnt givnig that "threat" look, if anything its a "I want to have her as a girlfriend, so i wont attack" type.

Anyways, as long as Ryu is the only playable in single player I am good, keep the others in a seperate mode and dont force that down our throats.

PS. Kill off Rachel already!
Her main purpose in NG was to save her sister from Doku and she did, she had no busniess with the devil enemy in Sigma 2, doesnt make any sense.
Just a sign of tacked on character for the sake of content, a very bad one at that.

I hope Cyberevil tells Hayashi how much Hayate is needed for Ninja Gaiden because frankly he is the only one worth a damn to match Ryu.
Primeval_Demon
Superior Ninja
Superior Ninja

PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2011 12:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Itagaki didn't want Kasumi in it IIRC. He said Ayane's darker nature is why she was used. I can't understand Hayashi's logic saying "the ending links to NG 3" only to say "no other DOA characters will appear" later.

In Dragon Sword Momiji was pretty stale because she was just Ryu in a different skin but in NGS2 she had her own abilities and ninpo. Same with Rachel and Ayane. Thats why I enjoyed using them. Its like in Resident Evil you use Leon in the main story but they made a separate mode for Ada. They also had other characters playable with different weapons and speeds. And they all felt different in their own right. At least making them options in mission mode would be great for me.

If I were to ask for a specific it would be Momiji. She is a born and bred Ninja Gaiden character.
Kayin Amoh
Ninja Dog
Ninja Dog

PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2011 1:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ah, Demon's Souls. Excellent game.

Ousting Rachel's a big no-no in my books. She's not necessary for the series, but she's a great character whose links with the Fiends still hasn't been entirely explained to my satisfaction. I don't need her playable, but I'd like some reference. She was a main character as the series was reborn, I want here there in at least token form till the next spiritual reboot / retelling. Ayane's fine also, but in the same messenger status she's had in the non-sigma titles.

Momiji's a great character. I agree with Sath that she looks too cute though. The contrast with her face and slicing foes into chunks of meat in this darker iteration would look really weird to me.

Hayate I could sort of accept even though, as mentioned, the less Doa crossover that's in it the better. Kasumi would be borderline ridiculous though, short of a weird minigame offshoot where her enemies disappear in puffs of strawberries instead of losing limbs and force feed her cakes instead of stabbing her.

Also, the cutscene in Doa Dimensions where Hayate 'beats' Hayabusa in a fight is classic.
Sath
Shadow Ninja
Shadow Ninja

PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2011 1:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Primeval_Demon wrote:
If I were to ask for a specific it would be Momiji. She is a born and bred Ninja Gaiden character.

I want Momiji in because she is the best looking female designs Team Ninja has done IMO, damn cute lol

But Hayate needs to be in, Rachel needs to GTFO as mentioned before.
Kasumi is not needed, Ayane is good because she is fast that can keep up somewhat in Ryu's gameplay pace (though Momiji is boring to use. Give her a sword lol).

PS. Demons Souls is REALLY boring after a short period of time.
Skbzi
Ninja Dog
Ninja Dog

PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2011 7:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BlackNinja9 wrote:
snip

I completely agree with your post and I honestly do believe that DoA characters should be kept separate from the NG universe. We don't need Kasumi nor Hayate, Christie, etc. Ninja Gaiden is supposed to be a game for Ryu, and while I am a little skeptical on how Hayashi will handle Ryu's background story, I still would love to see it executed properly. By doing so, you also eliminate some complaints such as, "NiNjA gAyDen's StOrY iS sUxOrs!!11."

Extra characters are fine as long as they are kept in their own campaign and possibly, mission mode.
Sath
Shadow Ninja
Shadow Ninja

PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2011 11:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Skbzi wrote:
BlackNinja9 wrote:
snip

I completely agree with your post and I honestly do believe that DoA characters should be kept separate from the NG universe. We don't need Kasumi nor Hayate, Christie, etc. Ninja Gaiden is supposed to be a game for Ryu, and while I am a little skeptical on how Hayashi will handle Ryu's background story, I still would love to see it executed properly. By doing so, you also eliminate some complaints such as, "NiNjA gAyDen's StOrY iS sUxOrs!!11."

Extra characters are fine as long as they are kept in their own campaign and possibly, mission mode.

Pretty much what I said, you are just curving the words to your own hehe Smile

But yes, good to know there is more than me (and probably Slickcat) that think this way.

Besides, NG's story isnt something I demand to be great, I rather them focus on crazy exagerated combat that can be on the level of Bayonetta considering that set a standard now.
Sure Ryu is human, but he has unnatural phenemon in his blood, and it has been proven a few times in the CGI/cutscenes.

Hayashi, do not hold back on Ryu.

I would say the UTs in NG2 is fantastic, now what I want to see is, the UTs are now normal combos and make the UTs go beyond anything we have seen in NG.

My tip to Hayashi is, watch Sengoku Basara, be it the game or the anime, but I prefer the anime.
Or other anime like Karas considering Karas is pretty close to Ryu interms of movement and various body poses to show his awesomeness LOL
Female Tengu
Superior Ninja
Superior Ninja

Gamertag: GalaxySpider PSN: GalaxySpider

PostPosted: Sat May 28, 2011 5:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It is just me or why these screens are looking like drawed artworks? Or better: cellshading.

It doesn't look like an actual ingame graphics engine. I'll wait for high res scans.
Ninja Dog
Ninja Dog

PostPosted: Sat May 28, 2011 7:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If NG's combat system becomes anything like Bayonetta's, I'm out.
Primeval_Demon
Superior Ninja
Superior Ninja

PostPosted: Sat May 28, 2011 8:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It won't be like Bayonetta because Hayashi said Bayonetta is dated.
Kayin Amoh
Ninja Dog
Ninja Dog

PostPosted: Sat May 28, 2011 3:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Crisis averted.

(It was just a narky response, I didn't actually expect anything of the sort.)
BlackNinja9
Greater Ninja
Greater Ninja

PostPosted: Sat May 28, 2011 9:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The combat system is great. I play NG as a stress reliever, when I can't hit my punching bag or hit the weights. No better feeling than an IS ninja hitting you and then you getting him with a long combo ending with an izuna otoshi off the 4th floor.

Kayin Amoh, love the throw back. I used to love that game, even bought the anime on VHS (omg he said VHS, yeah it's old) back in '98. His music in Toshinden 1 was awesome by the way.

Kayin Amoh Tohshinden 1 music
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KhOcAvSnLFA&feature=related
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ninja Fortress Forum Index -> Ninja Gaiden 3: Razor's Edge All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4

Jump to: