ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in   

Warning: MAJOR SPOILER!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ninja Fortress Forum Index -> Ninja Gaiden 3: Razor's Edge
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Primeval_Demon
Superior Ninja
Superior Ninja

PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2011 12:25 pm    Post subject: Warning: MAJOR SPOILER! Reply with quote

I have decided to put this here since this is NG related.

Just before Ninja Gaiden 2 came out Itagaki made an interesting comment which brought about some strange speculation among fans. Well Dead or Alive Dimensions has shared some light on what he said. If you really don't want to know turn back now because this is pretty crucial to the plot.

Hidden: 
Sonia IS indeed Irene Shocked expect something to come of this in Ninja Gaiden 3. Wasn't Irene Ryu's love interest?
slickcat
Superior Ninja
Superior Ninja

PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2011 1:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

it was obvious to me that she was Irene, the fact that she showed up in DOA proves my hunch, plus I only saw one ryu - sonia interaction via youtube. I need more of their conversations though to lighten things up.
CoolBlackKnight
Greater Ninja
Greater Ninja

PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2011 10:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's interesting.

sabotage
Shadow Ninja
Shadow Ninja

Gamertag: Critical sideFX
NG - Emblem (Amount: 1) NGB - Master (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Sat May 21, 2011 6:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thought that was common knowledge but I guess it's nice that it's officially confirmed.

EDIT: LMAO, I'm still a mod? Wow.
Greater Ninja
Greater Ninja

Gamertag: XBL: kgripper

PostPosted: Sat May 21, 2011 5:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Noooooo she's sooo whack!!! Sad now we gotta see more of her Cry Baby
mohsin117
Head Ninja
Head Ninja

Gamertag: mohsin117 PSN: mohsin117

PostPosted: Sun May 22, 2011 3:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I HATE Soina. I hate her with a passion,
I FRIKIN HATE SOINA!

What has possessed TN to bring back Sonia be it to DOA or NG, back when NG2 came out people asked about Rachel, why was Rachel missing? Rachel was a character who was liked by a lot of people and she had a good story to her, she had a personal involvement with the fiends, and she wasn’t too bad of a supporting character and back then fans asked to see her in DOA and DOAX, but she was absent from NG2,
and Sonia was supposed to be her replacement as a supporting character, but instead of getting a character who can fight and handle herself, and that has personal gain in the story, we were given a government agent who literally can’t fight to save her life and seems to know more about what the fiends are doing then the fiends themselves, I don’t think anyone knows why the fiends and the Black Spider felt they needed to kidnap her instead of kill her? hell why is the CIA even threat to the Fiends?

It really pissed me off, the thought that Sonia was given priority in NG2 over other character, characters like Ayane who seems to have grown somewhat of a fan base where demoted form NG where she append several time and played a part in the story to NG2 where she made one appearance, and she’s a character who’s actually of some importance to Ryu, and in that one appearance where she hand Ryu the Dragons Eye she does more to move the story and game along then Sonia does in the entire game,
That supporting role that Sonia played in NG2 would have been so much better if was given to Momiji or Ayane or Kasumi, Joe, Hayate even Muramasa, but instead of seeing characters that we liked and cared about we got a character that doesn’t even fit in NG,

With NGS2 faith was restored, I thought my be they had relized that Sonia was not a good Idea and that’s why they didn’t give her any more screen, and characters that should have been in the game from the beginning where added and no extra screen time was given to Sonia, and Hayashi said that if people like Momiji he would bring her to DOA, seeing Momiji in DOA would be brilliant, but here’s Sonia, not Momiji, seriously how many people asked to see Sonia in DOA? If they’re willing to go so far out as to bring Sonia in I don’t see why Mmoiji isn’t already in the game

I would have loved to have seen Momiji in DOA and the fact that it isn’t Momiji that’s being added is really just salt on the injury, the real issue here is that yet again a place that could have been filed by a much better existing character has been given to Sonia, and we know that because DOAD is a retelling of the past game were not going to get someone completely new so would it not have been better to explore a character that’s already involved with DOAD or other characters and that we have interest in like I don’t know maybe Momiji!

The way Sonia was implemented in to NG was just horrible, first of all she’s a CIA of all things, now I don’t like government agents straight up, I think they are a cheap character to add to a game, I personally would ant like any type of government agents in DOA, id say the only place where I could see government agents working in DOA is if the was an Interpol agent or MI6 agent who’s after Christie, but in NG government agent s just don’t fit,

I was really hoping that we wouldn’t get some bad romance between Ryu and Sonia in DOAD, like we got in NG and thank fully there wasn’t really any of that,

It’s really confusing because if Sonia is Irene form the NES NG then she is already married to Ryu but, TN seem to be doing this running joke through DOAD where every time someone asks Ryu or Sonia about their relationship they get cut off, but you’d think that if they were married Hayate and Ayane would know about it, what I got from playing DOAD is that Ryu and Sonia aren’t in a personal relationship,

Thank fully we didn’t see much of Sonia or Irene in DOAD so she wasn’t as much of a pain, we don’t see much from her but we do hear form her a bit, she was a lot more tolerable this time round, and her involvement in DOA makes more scene then her involvement in NG,

When they go to attack the tri towers Irene says the missions code name is “Sonia” which brings me to my issue with Sonia/Irene in DOA, and that is why does it seem like she’s the one running the show?

In DOA4 Hayate was attacking DOATEC on the grounds that they keep attacking the Ninjas and what they did to him in Project Epsilon, so it felt personal to Hayate, but in DOAD Irene is telling Ryu to attack the Tri towers and Hayate and Ayane seem to be going along with it,

And Ryu is collecting data from DOATEC’s servers, and im like why? He’s saved Kasumi which is his main concern, and when Kasumi goes off to search for Hayate again Ryu tries to stop her but she gets away and instead of going after her he hangs around looking at data taken form DOATEC and sends Ayane after her, cos you know that’s a good idea…

The whole thing felt like Irene was Ryu’s handler or something; Irene isn’t really the problem here its more why Ryu retrieving data for the CIA? Is the US government funding the Hayabus to counter terrorism?

If I had to make a chose I could live with Sonia in DOA, if she is handled in the same manner as she has been in DOAD, no way do I want to see her in NG, no way I want to see a relationship between Sonia and Ryu or anything to do with fiends and Ninjas

I said this so many times TN have got to cut ties from the original NES NG game, look at it like this NES NG takes place before DOA, and according to the NES NG Ryu has left his clan and moved to NY to open up and Antique’s shop, Really! master super ninja Ryu Hayabusa has given up fighting fends and protecting the Hayabusa to run and Antique’s shop, also in the NES NG game Joe dies which means Ryu becomes clan leader right? But no Ryu has dropped all traditions and rights to become an antique dealer,

and there’s so many other thing wrong with the connections to the NES games and Sonia… its stupid
Greater Ninja
Greater Ninja

Gamertag: XBL: kgripper

PostPosted: Sun May 22, 2011 5:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

THIS^^ thank you moshin I couldn't find the words, your very articulate
slickcat
Superior Ninja
Superior Ninja

PostPosted: Sun May 22, 2011 7:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Valid points , the moment they decided to remake NG, the clash with the NES games was inevitable, furthermore in NES games ryu was married to irene already. Irene was definitely with the CIA in the NES games just as sonia is now, but Alot of us dislike the cheesy attempt at team ninja trying to develop a relationship between ryu and sonia when its fake apart from her being worthless, Irene in the NES didn't do anything either. If anything this DOAD proves how the new NG story line will be, its best they forsake story and amp game-play to whatever evolvable heights because to me most of these japanese humor type stories dont go well with many ppl, and trust me ryu and sonias interaction are that Bad, with the typical damsel in distress story like with rachel( rachel being the victor of the 2)

Discarding the NES is for the best, but its hard for us to get in contact with a japanese game devs or influence them other than the japanese fanbase themselves.The jap fans dont care as long as they get their fan service in the games so they can fap to. These are the people who develop Hentai games for 360 or PS3 instead of doing something much more motivational. In the end its a culture clash,you will have to deal with, sonia will just be a set of boobs for those who are interested in, as well as their entire crap cast of females dedicated to big boobs.

Call me, when hiyashi decides to make something better than tossing females who have no unique skillset other than a waste of moves that dont even help in Masterninja and Mentor.

one more thing, Leave the doll like anime looks for the characters of DOA, but NG should be realistic in design, None of the NG games ever looked better than anime. Ayanes purple hair does not help anyways. We are just going to have to deal with whatever hiyashi delivers.
BlackNinja9
Greater Ninja
Greater Ninja

PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2011 9:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mohsin117, you may not like the CIA but their is a connection between them and ninjas. The CIA (Central Intelligence Agency) is the central covert/espionage/spy group of the United States. In Japanese history Tokugawa Ieyasu used the connections of Hattori Hanzo with the Koga and Iga ninja to unite Japan. After he won the battle of Sekigahara on 10/21/1600 he used those Ninja to create an intelligence group called the Oniwabanshu. So in a sense a government agent is akin to a Ninja, at least in job description.

Despite that, I do agree that Sonia is a bland design, or Sonia Williams as I often call her. Personally I like Sonia better because she has black leather instead of purple, but that's beside the point. They could've kept the connection but changed her design, much like Ryu to black instead of blue and his dad to white instead of red. It would've been interesting if she was a Japanese-American stationed in a Hawaiian branch, as the majority of Japanese-Americans live in Hawaii.

Personally I would've liked to have used Momiji instead instead of Sonia. Ayane instead of Rachel. But that's beating a dead horse. Here's hoping for the best.
Primeval_Demon
Superior Ninja
Superior Ninja

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2011 1:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would love to know where this is all coming from with you guys. NG should not be realistic. It would lead to all kinds of upset in the fanbase. Don't believe me?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LU1mCeq3XZ8

I am not going down this Westernisation route because I will end up ranting and people will just end up disagreeing.

Mohsin I can agree NG2 really seemed to have very limited connection to the original at all. I absolutely detest Rachel but I will admit having her in Sigma 2 made it feel more like a sequel. Still prefer Sonia though. And I will miss the girls if they aren't playable. They brought something to the table that a new weapon simply couldn't.

For now I am focused on Cyber's worries with NG 3. Once I know more about what is happening I can get a clearer picture of what Team Ninja are planning.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ninja Fortress Forum Index -> Ninja Gaiden 3: Razor's Edge All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: