ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in   

NG3 demo @ DiD7 June 10-12 Dallas, TX
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Ninja Fortress Forum Index -> Ninja Gaiden 3: Razor's Edge
View previous topic :: View next topic  
CyberEvil
Shadow Ninja
Shadow Ninja

Gamertag: XBL: CyberEvil PSN: CyberEvil-PSN
NG - Emblem (Amount: 1) NGB - Master (Amount: 1) NGDS - The Eye of the Dragon (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Sun May 29, 2011 1:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry for the absence. Some personal things going on at the moment so I haven't been particular vocal on any forums. Haven't really even been writing. I've been paying attention to the thread, though, and I'll bring up pretty much everything you guys mention (Kayin, your question was already on my list). I will tell you that at these kinds of events I'm severely limited in what I can get out of people for a couple reasons. The first is that there will have been a PR person either present at the time of interview or that dictated what could and could not be mentioned. The second, and most important, is that while I'm very good at getting things out of people that are not really supposed to be known, it has caused severe problems for the individual who let that go in the past. One PR person I know lost their job because they grabbed a drink with a journalist friend of mine who then published things discussed over a drink.

I don't do that kind of thing.

So please understand that I'm going to ask the hard questions that the mainstream press will not likely get to or think of at E3 (blockstun, dodge mechanics, the ability to roll with Master Ninja right away; a metric ton of things are on my list here), I will purposefully not press for something that I can't in some way link back to the demo I'll be playing. So bear that in mind when asking questions (most of you are actually PMing me, which is fine, but try to put it up here too to keep duplicates to a minimum). Story elements are likely going to be mostly off-limits as well as other playable characters. I guarantee other characters will show up for the multiplayer modes so you can rest easy there. Try to keep the questions limited to gameplay mechanics.

Thanks guys.
Greater Ninja
Greater Ninja

Gamertag: XBL: Vuezero PSN: Vueguy

PostPosted: Sun May 29, 2011 7:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CyberEvil, you should delete all the topics made by fgfghh123 on the NG3 forum.
Spam and waste spot.

Anyway back on NG3, whatever you can share with us, we'll be glad. Very Happy
Superior Ninja
Superior Ninja

PostPosted: Sun May 29, 2011 10:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sath wrote:
He is suppose to have some sort of a fiend form activation like Dante's Devil Trigger.

I will reword this. I am not saying who I agree or disagree with when turning into a fiend. But yes it has been done by a LOT of games. Now my idea is not exactly original because I've still seen it in the types of games I play but I've seen it to a much lesser degree.

Identity Deficit Disorder. But even that is hardly being original.

I'm trying to compromise here so that Spectra gets what he wants and Sath gets what he wants Cool
CyberEvil
Shadow Ninja
Shadow Ninja

NG - Emblem (Amount: 1) NGB - Master (Amount: 1) NGDS - The Eye of the Dragon (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2011 1:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can't mod here. Not sure why.
Expert Ninja
Expert Ninja

PostPosted: Sat Jun 04, 2011 12:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

level design more linear like NG2 or more like NG/NGB?

The roll? or optional dash/roll?

Kicking and punching moves within the weapon combos? Like some combos in NG/NGB.

How many weapons or more than the ones that we saw so far?

New secondary weapons?

Do we get a comeback of the UF???????????????????????

Will the enemies follow you like in NG2 (slowdown problem!)?

I loved the way how in NG/NGB the items you could find and get where differently placed or later available on the various difficulty levels. It was a small desgin joice but pefectly fitted to the overall balance and experience. Do they consider to do this again ?

How about ryu clone fights????????????

Will we be able to fight during platform/traversal passages like a mix of vertikal-horizontal gameplay???

Whatīs the "theme" of the enemies this time? I remember they wanted to highlight the killer intent in NG2.

What was the most mentioned area for improvement fans adressed to TM after NG2/Sigma2, apart from the camera?

Will we see the test of valor in NG3?
Shadow Ninja
Shadow Ninja

PostPosted: Sun Jun 05, 2011 8:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Vueguy wrote:
CyberEvil, you should delete all the topics made by fgfghh123 on the NG3 forum.
Spam and waste spot.

Anyway back on NG3, whatever you can share with us, we'll be glad. Very Happy

...and now I can. Guessing Keylay noticed the spam and my post.

Keylay, PM me or get at me some other way. Among other things, we should get some more matches in on DoAD. I know you aren't down with your current record against me standing as-is Wink. Also, we should chat about a few things, seeing as I'll have Hayashi and some other devs at my mercy (read: someone who GETS NG will be the one asking the questions, for once).

To everyone else, good questions. Try to keep them focused more on what's coming than whether we'll see the return of a feature. Given Hayashi's current stance on the project, features from previous games will likely not show up if they were already minimized or removed from other iterations.

Best believe I'm asking about Ryu Clone fights, though.
Shadow Ninja
Shadow Ninja

Gamertag: PSN: ISathI
NGS - Sigma (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Sun Jun 05, 2011 11:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Custom music? is it coming!?

I would do anything to have custom music for PS3, Bayonetta has it so if NG3 wont I will be VERY dissapointed in Hayashi.

Thing is that I line up my favorite epic orchestral tracks, even from previous NG titles in a playlist and play them up to fit my playstyle, which is speed and being aggressive (though I cant wait to see what music tracks the genius composers have for us this time, amazing job since NG1).

And another thing, and dont ask, say it!
We do not want QTE in this game lol
CyberEvil
Shadow Ninja
Shadow Ninja

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2011 1:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I did have time to talk to Hayashi-san and Shimbori-san. They we're very cagey about a lot but I have some impressions from the demo build from both consoles as well as some tidbits I got out of Hayashi-san. I'll type it up tomorrow. Im still in dallas and it's 345am here. On my phone and very tired atm. Fire off gameplay related questions here or via pm and I'll answer what I can when I see them. [list]
Greater Ninja
Greater Ninja

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2011 3:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sweet... Lookin' forward to your in-depth gameplay analysis.

ESP. over the SoB play to the game. Wished you could of told him for me, "Gimme back my decaps!", lol.

...And will Hayashi just stop with that nonsense "realism" talk in a damn Ninja Gaiden game, for Pete's sake.

It's insulting to people's intelligence.

...But I digress.

Sath
Shadow Ninja
Shadow Ninja

Gamertag: PSN: ISathI
NGS - Sigma (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2011 3:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great CyberEvil, can't wait for you to post your impressions.

If kindly, post everything in this thread so everybody can read it and ask questions if anything.

I know 99% already of everything anyways..

I hope you asked about custom music for PS3! Razz
Female Tengu
Superior Ninja
Superior Ninja

Gamertag: GalaxySpider PSN: GalaxySpider

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2011 7:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Are the SOB events a 100% replacement for the instant kill OTs from NG2 and Sigma 2?

By turning the QTEs off in later levels (because of the tutorial), makes me thinking "why even bring them into game then?" And just disabling the QTEs input picture of the button, doesn't mean the QTE is gone. So, can you manually trigger these events completely with slow motion and close-up cam later in the game or will the SOB always be a random factor in later levels (which means you will still have invisible QTEs all the time)?

The new flying swallow throw. Is this an atcual SOB event or a new move for the DS blade (by holding the attack button, whatsoever)?

Any new non weapon related throws for Ryu (like the guillotine throw)?

My questions. Thx. ^^
Expert Ninja
Expert Ninja

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2011 10:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cant wait for your impressions

Level design more linear like NG2 or more like NG/NGB?

Kicking and punching moves within the weapon combos? Like some combos in NG/NGB.

How many weapons or more than the ones that we saw so far?

New secondary weapons?

Do we get a comeback of the UF???????????????????????

Will the enemies follow you like in NG2 (slowdown problem!)?

I loved the way how in NG/NGB the items you could find and get where differently placed or later available on the various difficulty levels. It was a small desgin joice but pefectly fitted to the overall balance and experience. Do they consider to do this again ?

How about ryu clone fights???????????? edit: Guess they are not in the game, but will enemies like the regent of the mask feel like the clone fights? Like you would play against a real person?

Will we be able to fight during platform/traversal passages like a mix of vertikal-horizontal gameplay???

Whatīs the "theme" of the enemies this time? I remember they wanted to highlight the killer intent in NG2.

What was the most mentioned area for improvement fans adressed to TM after NG2/Sigma2, apart from the camera?

Will we see the test of valor in NG3?

Any chance to get some answers in terms of this questions?
Legendary Ninja
Legendary Ninja

Gamertag: Keylay
NG - Emblem (Amount: 1) NGB - Master (Amount: 1) NGDS - The Eye of the Dragon (Amount: 1) NGS - Sigma (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2011 10:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just want to know if the SOB segments are random or do you trigger them.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
CyberEvil
Shadow Ninja
Shadow Ninja

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2011 11:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Waiting for my flight so I'll answer a few on my phone.

SoB is not entirely random and they are also not QTEs. I'll explain that more later.

Flying Swallow into impale is not SoB. It IS the FS now.

There was only the DS in the demo and no moveslist but he has some cool new strings. No punches and kicks that I found.

Level design was very linear to the point of getting lost without holding R3 on occasion. You are going one place and you get there the way they want you to.

OTs are still in...sort of. Something I can write more about when I have something besides my phone.

I forgot to check for guillotine throw but the new FS pretty much makes it pointless. Insane amount of i-frames. More than Izuna (which got a damage boost at the expense of AoE damage or so it seemed to me).

And that's enough for now. More later.
Expert Ninja
Expert Ninja

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2011 1:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice, thanks for the little overview.

Hard to decide, if the amount of I-frames are bad or good. Depends on the final AI. Would like to know your opinion about this based on the difficulty of the demo.

So the new FS is not a SOB. Itīs an instant kill right now...on the weaker enemies?

SOB: really interested what "not really random means"

OTs are still kinda in? Even more interested in this.

Thanks a lot
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Ninja Fortress Forum Index -> Ninja Gaiden 3: Razor's Edge All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: