ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in   

NG3 demo @ DiD7 June 10-12 Dallas, TX
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Ninja Fortress Forum Index -> Ninja Gaiden 3: Razor's Edge
View previous topic :: View next topic  
CyberEvil
Shadow Ninja
Shadow Ninja

Gamertag: XBL: CyberEvil PSN: CyberEvil-PSN
NG - Emblem (Amount: 1) NGB - Master (Amount: 1) NGDS - The Eye of the Dragon (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2011 4:47 pm    Post subject: NG3 demo @ DiD7 June 10-12 Dallas, TX Reply with quote

I was originally going to go to E3, but decided to hit up DiD7 instead for the easier access to NG3's demo and Team Ninja directly. I should be able to swing an interview and I'll definitely have an in-depth impressions write-up for you guys from a fellow hardcore NG fan, but I figured I'd open things up a bit.

I already have a metric ton of things I'm going to go over with Team Ninja but, depending on time, I may be able to get to more. Any questions you guys want to throw out to Team Ninja? I'm not sure how much time I'll get but I'll do what I can, so fire away.

Also, anyone from NF going to make it? I'll make a point of hunting you guys down and helping out. PM me if you have questions you're not comfortable asking here.
Shadow Ninja
Shadow Ninja

Gamertag: PSN: ISathI
NGS - Sigma (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2011 8:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I want gameplay videos!

Question, here is a few, pick one of them hehe

Custom music for PS3? I want that badly.

I know he said Ryu is the only playable character in NG3 (yes!) then why show Kasumi and say NGS2 had a surprise for all NG fans? doesnt make any sense.
The hints with Ayane and Momiji was that Kasumi might be a playable character for NG3 but nothing.

Release date? PSN/XBL demo?

What made him decide to go back to the gore and not his purple mist? (i think we all knew how bad that that mist thingy was).

Anyways I just cant wait to see it in motion.
Primeval_Demon
Superior Ninja
Superior Ninja

PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2011 10:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice to see you taking an interest in the other playable characters Sath Wink

I can remember Hayashi saying the cliffhanger leads up to NG 3 though so I am confused.
CoolBlackKnight
Greater Ninja
Greater Ninja

PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2011 10:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Awesome!

I can't wait to read your interview & impressions of the demo.

slickcat
Superior Ninja
Superior Ninja

PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2011 1:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What Sath said,
I dont think I have any questions until I see the gameplay. Because I dont know what to expect.
But I guess to me the most important question would be Why scrap multiplayer with different characters when he was the one who introduced it. Only ask this because I m sick of his female add ons, need some hayate or Joe hayabusa action
Primeval_Demon
Superior Ninja
Superior Ninja

PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2011 1:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ITT Ninja Gaiden fans are sexist.
Kayin Amoh
Ninja Dog
Ninja Dog

PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2011 4:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Honestly, until I see the game in action I'm not really going to have any decent questions on it. I would like to know if this game's a hub-based adventure like the original, or a linear stage-to-stage style like in the sequel though.
BlackNinja9
Greater Ninja
Greater Ninja

PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2011 7:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know NG has been all about action ever since the Arcade version.

The game over screen gave me nightmares when I was little. See for yourself. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LVz9__a8x-I

Anyway I would like to see some stealth elements come into play. He is a "ninja" after all. Not the passive "hide and wait for them to go by" but like a panther who uses stealth to hunt. When playing Master Ninja I always wished I could stealth kill 3 of the IS ninjas before the other 40 started flipping around throwing IS shurikens like a fireworks show. Again not a primary gameplay point, just something extra.

Again this is a game about ninjas so why is Ryu the only character dressed like one? True the black shizobu is stereotypical and ninjas didn't wear it all the time. But Kasumi, Momiji and Ayane's costumes are so bright that can only blend in with neon signs.

I'm just nagging. LOL. I'm gonna buy the game regardless. Just hoping Hayashi changes the little stuff, the big picture is already looking good.
Sath
Shadow Ninja
Shadow Ninja

PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2011 8:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No stealth, at all!

If they add stealth I wont buy it.

Ryu is a exagerated SUPER ninja, he is no everyday ninja like say Rikimaru from Tenchu.

No, Ryu has to be fast, exagerated moves and badass.
BlackNinja9
Greater Ninja
Greater Ninja

PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2011 8:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I see you didn't read what I said.

If Ryu is a supposed to be this ridiculously fast super ninja why not show it? Besides NG overall focus on movement being an important gameplay aspect, why not turn it up a notch? Why can't Ryu move so fast that the enemy is stuck attacking an after image (though Shinobi on PS2 wasn't the best I liked that idea). Or why not throw a smoke bomb and be able to move to the other side of the screen in a blink of an eye. The Flash comes to mind in the way he zips around the area, hitting the opponent in various ways.

I don't want stealth like MGS, tenchu or splinter cell. Granted those are my favorite games, but if I want that kind of stealth I will play those.

To reiterate, Hayashi is always talking about being creative, well that's a way to do it. Add stealth elements into the game without completely changing the core gameplay. Compare Metal Gear Rising to Metal Gear Solid. Rising has stealth that allows you to "hunt" your target, not just sit in the shadow and wait for them to walk by.
Sath
Shadow Ninja
Shadow Ninja

PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2011 10:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Now I understand what you mean, sorry.

Yes I do agree!
It is about time Ryu is fast and exagerated to the point he is a demi god.

I mean I seen anime characters that can dash and have afterimage while in motion constantly dodging attacks and appearing behind them all of a sudden, and doing one sweep attack though in visual effects it shows it was ten folded attack, I want those type of things.

For example, Karas, which is my favorite character in manga world.
As soon as I saw him in action I thought of Ryu and this is what Ryu should become.

But thing is, these devs dont think outside of their safe zone, I think they would feel scared that fans would think Ryu is now way too much while I personally think I want him to be to the level of say, Bayonetta, atleast.

But then again, Ryu is a human ninja that all combat is from his training and he isnt born with such a thing, so he is grounded, but exagerated to the point no human can do.
But Ryu also has something in his blood that isnt normal, and Ninja Gaiden IS a fantasy game, there can always be excuses for him to go beyond anything we have seen (Ninja Gaiden 1 Ryu CGI scene towards the Emperor. Carving a big rock underneath and hovering around).

Anyways, I just hope Ryu is much faster, got much more visual effects in the attacks and ninpos and abilities to show he is stronger, and just go crazy with him.
BlackNinja9
Greater Ninja
Greater Ninja

PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2011 11:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Now you get it.

Correct me if I'm wrong, because Team Ninja has a lot of plot holes, but I thought Ryu was only partially human. Isn't the dragon lineage directly descended from the original 12 dragons? And didn't his spirit combine with the Hayabusa spirit when he was "killed" by Doku?

If so, why is he not busting out moves like Dante and Kratos? I just went back and played DMC3 for nostalgia sake. I used to love that game but despite all the ridiculous arsenal of moves that Dante has (look at MVC3) his evasion ability was very stiff.

Why can't Team Ninja keep the evasion, though I wouldn't mind being able to move like Karas like Sath said (awesome anime) but allow me to unload on the enemy without having to spam level 2 UT with the Scythe on Master Ninja just to get to a save point?
Sath
Shadow Ninja
Shadow Ninja

PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2011 12:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BlackNinja9 wrote:
Now you get it.

Correct me if I'm wrong, because Team Ninja has a lot of plot holes, but I thought Ryu was only partially human. Isn't the dragon lineage directly descended from the original 12 dragons? And didn't his spirit combine with the Hayabusa spirit when he was "killed" by Doku?

If so, why is he not busting out moves like Dante and Kratos? I just went back and played DMC3 for nostalgia sake. I used to love that game but despite all the ridiculous arsenal of moves that Dante has (look at MVC3) his evasion ability was very stiff.

Why can't Team Ninja keep the evasion, though I wouldn't mind being able to move like Karas like Sath said (awesome anime) but allow me to unload on the enemy without having to spam level 2 UT with the Scythe on Master Ninja just to get to a save point?

God I hate Kratos with a passion, one of the most boring characters in the genre IMO.
He didnt even deserve his ability, he cried for help or else he was nobody, that alone says alot of things about the character IMO.

Dante was born with all the stuff, Ryu is trained from scratch in what he can do...etc.

That being said, I am not that familair with the backstory, but I do believe Doku said to Ryu that he is no different from them, that alone makes me wonder if he isnt, why isnt this exploited more?
I mean for all we know he could be like Dante were he has a demon side.

But, this is where Ninja Gaiden 3 comes in.
The treaser showed his arms and his face and eyes was changing DURING the "bone crushing" fatality lol
Maybe there will be some sort of a extra bar to unleash "super Ryu" for a few seconds were every normal attack is 5x stronger and faster and exagerated, i would love that.

But I am very hyped for NG, and its the only franchise I buy sequals and remakes blindly on the platform I own (PS3).
Skbzi
Ninja Dog
Ninja Dog

PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2011 7:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I thoroughly enjoyed the story in NGB, but it did have an unfinished feeling. Even the story in NG2 was awful, it explained Ryu's darker, more vicious side. NG3 may be trying to shed light on both sides of Ryu.

Adding to the above information, I thought there was something interesting during the last few scenes of NG2.

Hidden: 
Y'all remember when Ryu killed the first archfiend, right? Well as he was walking towards the top of Mt. Fuji, a drop of his blood fell on the flesh of the Archfiend and in mere seconds the Archfiend was not only revived, but apparently ascended to his true form. That led me to believe that Ryu's blood has some sort of special power or something that caused the great reaction in the Archfiend.
Sath
Shadow Ninja
Shadow Ninja

PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2011 11:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Skbzi wrote:
I thoroughly enjoyed the story in NGB, but it did have an unfinished feeling. Even the story in NG2 was awful, it explained Ryu's darker, more vicious side. NG3 may be trying to shed light on both sides of Ryu.

Adding to the above information, I thought there was something interesting during the last few scenes of NG2.

Hidden: 
Y'all remember when Ryu killed the first archfiend, right? Well as he was walking towards the top of Mt. Fuji, a drop of his blood fell on the flesh of the Archfiend and in mere seconds the Archfiend was not only revived, but apparently ascended to his true form. That led me to believe that Ryu's blood has some sort of special power or something that caused the great reaction in the Archfiend.

And this is why i keep saying Ryu is not evolved enough.
He is suppose to have some sort of a fiend form activation like Dante's Devil Trigger.

I am sick of seeing these CGI videos were he can turn into a whirlwind and just go off, or do a super jump and go on top of the mount Fuiji (NG2)...etc.
But yet in the game he is just good old Ryu.
Exagerate him Hayashi, this is his 3rd game in NG 3D installment, its about time you unleash our Ryu.
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Ninja Fortress Forum Index -> Ninja Gaiden 3: Razor's Edge All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: