ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in   

Can the LG ban effect PAL releases?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ninja Fortress Forum Index -> Videogames General Board
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Primeval_Demon
Superior Ninja
Superior Ninja

PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2011 9:18 am    Post subject: Can the LG ban effect PAL releases? Reply with quote

As some of you may have heard, LG called for a ban on PS3 sales in the US. I can't speak for the US but there has been trouble stirred in Europe. LG have had European customs seize tens of thousands of PS3s being shipped to European territories. The ban is only for 10 days and Sony are apparently planning to contend it. But apparently a 10 day ban isn't enough for LG and they want to extend it. If that proves successful it could mean that the console stops appearing on store shelves.

That is not my concern. I couldn't care less. What I am worried about is if PS3 goes off the shelves for a time (and the install base goes nowhere) could that mean publishers potentially stop releasing their games in European territories?

I am perfectly fine with buying multuiplats on my 360. I'm not paying tonnes of cash to import a game from the US or Japan. This is where my concern lies. If LG are successful with this could it mean third parties see the console as diminishing in Europe?

I'm quite sure the dispute will be sorted fine in the end but if LG are successful Sony will have to pay millions of pounds for every PS3 sold in Europe. This is just something I'm asking IF it happens and LG succeed. Thoughts?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ninja Fortress Forum Index -> Videogames General Board All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: