ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in   

First teaser out.
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ninja Fortress Forum Index -> Ninja Gaiden 3: Razor's Edge
View previous topic :: View next topic  
CyberEvil
Shadow Ninja
Shadow Ninja

Gamertag: XBL: CyberEvil PSN: CyberEvil-PSN
NG - Emblem (Amount: 1) NGB - Master (Amount: 1) NGDS - The Eye of the Dragon (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Mon Feb 28, 2011 11:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ugh more things I was worried about are coming true. Seems that my leaked info I got a ways back was rock solid. All I'll say is the emphasis on "cutting" is going to slow the gameplay down and it's incredibly out of character for Hayabusa to take that much time killing anyone. Also, pay attention to his eyes. Don't exactly look "right" do they?

DAMNIT.
Greater Ninja
Greater Ninja

PostPosted: Mon Feb 28, 2011 11:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That huge vein on his left arm doesn't look right either. Not to mention the skin looking like it's peeling. I hope he doesn't turn into some stupid demon with magical powers.

And I assume the emphasis on cutting means we won't be able to link combos by using projectiles as a transition phase like in previous games. http://i56.tinypic.com/2zqbry0.gif
Sath
Shadow Ninja
Shadow Ninja

Gamertag: PSN: ISathI
NGS - Sigma (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2011 12:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Vspectra

So you are saying you want Ryu to stay the boring human ninja as possible?
Nothing wrong with the original Ryu, but IMO he is much more than that and NG1 proved that.

When he got cursed by Doku and fell into the other realm to face the Emperor, he was chanting something and carved a circle and levitated a rock underneath him to fight in the air.
I want stuff like that for Ryu, I want him to be much more than we have seen ebcause obviously all the CGI of him being the non-original Ryu is so awesome!

I want some sort of a demon mode for a few seconds, just transform him to look a bit demonic and all of his speed, abilities are exagerated much more for a few seconds.

Seems like only me and Slickcat is thinkiof epic stuff like that.
With games like Bayonetta out, Ninja Gaiden definitely needs to step its game up with its combat.
Primeval_Demon
Superior Ninja
Superior Ninja

PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2011 1:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

LOL @ mohsin. Ryu's face looking like "Dante" Laughing

@ Sath

Yes, as soon as Cyber said what his hand is doing I thought he would pull off his mask. All that trailer did was say what I thought was happening.

But now I'm getting concerns over the violence levels in this game. The bone crunching might indicate it more violent.
vspectra
Greater Ninja
Greater Ninja

PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2011 1:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sath wrote:
Vspectra

So you are saying you want Ryu to stay the boring human ninja as possible?
Nothing wrong with the original Ryu, but IMO he is much more than that and NG1 proved that.

When he got cursed by Doku and fell into the other realm to face the Emperor, he was chanting something and carved a circle and levitated a rock underneath him to fight in the air.
I want stuff like that for Ryu, I want him to be much more than we have seen ebcause obviously all the CGI of him being the non-original Ryu is so awesome!

I want some sort of a demon mode for a few seconds, just transform him to look a bit demonic and all of his speed, abilities are exagerated much more for a few seconds.

Seems like only me and Slickcat is thinkiof epic stuff like that.
With games like Bayonetta out, Ninja Gaiden definitely needs to step its game up with its combat.

But he's not a boring ninja, he's a super ninja capable of causing a massacre very quickly. There are various ways to portray this, and he doesn't need to be a demon to have some sort of super ability. Making him into a demon of some sort is just following the cliches of countless other games, and just because other games are doing it doesn't mean Ninja Gaiden should. It doesn't even fit within Ryu's character whereas it does for other games. Bayonetta is a witch, and witchcraft has always been associated with demonic stuff. Dante is half demon half human, so it makes sense for him to have demon powers.

Ryu is a silent master super ninja, and that's it. That doku curse turning him into a fiend was stupid in itself. And I don't think that curse had anything to do with Ryu being able to cut out a portion of the ground and levitating it. I mean, he was able to turn into a freaking eagle spirit at the end and flew away even when that curse was no longer there.. I'm pretty sure they can make him do various other cool things without turning him into a demon.

I understand you want some kind of mode like Dante's devil trigger, but there other ways to do it without stepping away from being ninja-like. They could just say Ryu can meditate for a short period so that all of his energy and focus is put into combat, and this heightens his senses and speed, even giving us direct control over teleporting or something. I wouldn't mind if we could combo together teleportation and attacks to quickly take out enemies who may be a bit farther apart distance-wise. When you're in this "super ninja" mode, imagine just running up to an enemy and since he may be blocking or getting ready to attack, you can just teleport behind him and attack him from the blind spot, kill him, and then teleport to the next guy. Heck, maybe they can just incorporate some of the ninpo moves as projectile attacks instead of a long drawn out animation to throw a fireball, something similar to the Otogi games.

So yeah, I think turning him into a demon or something is just stupid, but that's my opinion. I don't think it makes him more of an interesting character. To me it just makes him generic because many other game characters are doing it. Everytime I see Ryu in DOA or Ninja Gaiden, what comes to mind is a super ninja with abilities beyond a normal human. I don't see him as a fiend or a demon, and I don't think many fans see him as that either, even after the doku curse.

Last edited by vspectra on Tue Mar 01, 2011 2:05 am; edited 2 times in total
Primeval_Demon
Superior Ninja
Superior Ninja

PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2011 1:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This turning into a fiend idea was already mentioned here. I think it was either mohsin or gripper that said it. Someone looked at the fiend in his eyes and said that was probably an inner spirit.

I assumed it was reference to a boss. The plot thickens.
Sath
Shadow Ninja
Shadow Ninja

PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2011 2:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Vspectra

Ryu is not a "silent" super ninja, he isnt a ninja at all LOL
He is just an awesome killer who dress like a ninja and uses a katana (yeha right, ninja + katana? no).

Sorry but after so many NG games, I want Ryu to evolve to something beyond "human abilities" or what we have seen.
Many characters do it is because they want thei characters to be so awesome as they possibly can for a few seconds and go back to normal.

Sorry but I just hate the fact that I can't pull of a rage meter and go beyong anything I have seen Ryu do, and yes, that adds to him as a character.

But whatever, if the teaser hints at Ryu has some sort of a cursed rage thing going on, I will welcome it 100% percent, about time!

After seeing what the game Bayonetta can do, the only thing to step up to the crazyness and epicness of the character is to cross the line of "beyond human abilities".
If not then we will be stuck with the same Ryu forever with some new moves and weapons, would be very boring.
Primeval_Demon
Superior Ninja
Superior Ninja

PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2011 2:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You never played Bayonetta Sath. As far as I know you only ever played the demo. I was playing it just yesterday. I'm finally getting around to finishing it.

Great game.
mohsin117
Head Ninja
Head Ninja

Gamertag: mohsin117 PSN: mohsin117

PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2011 3:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

IGN Rewind Theater: Ninja Gaiden III:Teaser Trailer

http://uk.ign.com/videos/2011/02/28/ign ... er?show=HD

Last edited by mohsin117 on Tue Mar 01, 2011 5:21 pm; edited 2 times in total
Sath
Shadow Ninja
Shadow Ninja

PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2011 4:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mohsin117 wrote:
IGN Rewind Theater: Ninja Gaiden III:Teaser Trailer

http://uk.ign.com/videos/2011/02/28/ign ... er?show=HD

Nice theory about the morale option, could be.
I just hope the "bone crushing" sequences are manual so we can do it whenever we want so the pace of the combat is up to the player and not by the game.

Primeval Demon

I played the demo a few times, seen enough combo videos, I have the right to make the comparison.
And one of my friends is a big Bayonetta fan so he has filled me in everything that is needed.
So yeah...
MSX2
Greater Ninja
Greater Ninja

Gamertag: PSN: Verdugo04

PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2011 11:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would recommend playing Bayonetta on the PS3 anyway, since it's without a doubt, THE worst port ever. But regardless, I didn't even like the good version and I am a big fan of Kamiya.

In regards to NGIII, I'd be lying if I said I wasn't excited but also am concerned about it turning into "Ninja of War". We don't need Ryu to be a Japanese Kratos taking his sweet time to hack enemies like a maniac. On the bright side, it's not DmC (RIP DMC).
vspectra
Greater Ninja
Greater Ninja

PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2011 2:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sath wrote:
Vspectra

Ryu is not a "silent" super ninja, he isnt a ninja at all LOL
He is just an awesome killer who dress like a ninja and uses a katana (yeha right, ninja + katana? no).

When I said silent, I mean his personality type is quiet, he doesn't speak much and lets his actions speak for themselves. That's his character. I don't mean silent as in stealthy. And he is very much a super ninja in every sense. The only thing non-ninja like is he isn't stealthy. From the way he animates to his acrobatics to his quick kills, it's all ninja-like.

Quote:
Sorry but after so many NG games, I want Ryu to evolve to something beyond "human abilities" or what we have seen.

Excluding the old games, there have only been 2 real Ninja Gaidens. That isn't that many.

Quote:
Many characters do it is because they want thei characters to be so awesome as they possibly can for a few seconds and go back to normal.

Turning into a demon makes things as awesome as possible? It seems we have a completely different perspective as to what's awesome and what isn't.

Quote:
After seeing what the game Bayonetta can do, the only thing to step up to the crazyness and epicness of the character is to cross the line of "beyond human abilities".
If not then we will be stuck with the same Ryu forever with some new moves and weapons, would be very boring.

Ninja Gaiden 2 took the gameplay beyond NG1s and it was more than just "new moves and weapons". It seems you want Ninja Gaiden to be like other action games, which it isn't.
Primeval_Demon
Superior Ninja
Superior Ninja

PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2011 2:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Glad I'm not saying anything here. I'd likely get burned by people (especially the mods) Razz

I will keep my opinions sacred until E3 Wink
gripper
Greater Ninja
Greater Ninja

Gamertag: XBL: kgripper

PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2011 2:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shocked Shocked .......that might not be Ryu
CyberEvil
Shadow Ninja
Shadow Ninja

Gamertag: XBL: CyberEvil PSN: CyberEvil-PSN
NG - Emblem (Amount: 1) NGB - Master (Amount: 1) NGDS - The Eye of the Dragon (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2011 11:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've been dropping a ton of hints (for months!) that Ryu wouldn't be "normal" in this game. Primeval seems to have been paying attention. The problem is, I was hoping my info was WRONG for once. For me, form changes, or even power-ups where you just look different, completely pull me out of the experience. Naruto stopped being interesting to me when everyone started turning into monsters. Devil May Cry, I simply refused to use Devil Trigger. Darksiders I refused to go into War's bestial mode. It's just a horribly unsatisfying mechanic to me and I always hate it no matter what medium I see it in.

I'm really, really not happy about it.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ninja Fortress Forum Index -> Ninja Gaiden 3: Razor's Edge All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: