ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in   

My worry with NGIII
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ninja Fortress Forum Index -> Ninja Gaiden 3: Razor's Edge
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Primeval_Demon
Superior Ninja
Superior Ninja

PostPosted: Fri Feb 18, 2011 7:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Everybody except Sath wants more playable characters but that is only because Sath is sexist Razz
Sath
Shadow Ninja
Shadow Ninja

Gamertag: PSN: ISathI
NGS - Sigma (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Fri Feb 18, 2011 10:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Primeval_Demon wrote:
Everybody except Sath wants more playable characters but that is only because Sath is sexist Razz

Nonsense, I have come to conclusion that Ryu should be the only one to focus on.
More moves, more polishness...etc.
Female Tengu
Superior Ninja
Superior Ninja

Gamertag: GalaxySpider PSN: GalaxySpider

PostPosted: Fri Feb 18, 2011 12:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

And more Ayane, please : )
Greater Ninja
Greater Ninja

Gamertag: XBL: kgripper

PostPosted: Fri Feb 18, 2011 3:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Man, now I wanna customize my Ninja, male or female that would be crazy Twisted Evil
mohsin117
Head Ninja
Head Ninja

Gamertag: mohsin117 PSN: mohsin117

PostPosted: Fri Feb 18, 2011 4:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Im pretty cool with going back to only Ryu, but don’t get me wrong I would have loved to have played as Hayate, any way im more bothered about people like Hayate, Ayane and Kasumi even being in the game, but yeah dont worry where going to get Sonia Mad

Heres an interview with Hayashi but out about 2 days ago I for got to post it:
http://www.nowgamer.com/news/5192/team-ninja-we-dont-make-games-for-the-west

“we never intentionally make games for the Western market”

come on Hayashi have you forgotten that both DOA and NG and hell even DOAX where targeted and made for a western audience by Itagaki, his content screamed "west" the high violence, the Idea of Rachel was based on the Japanese Idea of a strong western woman, Sonia being a CIA agent was clearly there for the American market, his new game right down to the name of his new team has been influenced by the west, it’s one of the reasons why he was in with MS and Id say it also why he went out to western publishers for his new game,

I just hope that Hayashi don't forget the NG and DOA where made for a western audience, by all means he should do his own game, and to have Team NINJA do a real Japanese game would be brilliant but don't mess around with what's already been established, so far I think he doing a good job, DOAD looks brilliant apart from the appearance of Sonia (firkin hate Sonia) some of what he says bout NG3 sounds really good and others not so much, and something's makes me wonder if he's actually even played NG

I do like that Hayashi is going for the Japanese thing and hopefully it will have good influances on NG and DOA like better characters and story lines
Superior Ninja
Superior Ninja

PostPosted: Sat Feb 19, 2011 3:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Technically its made for both. Some characters, themes and settings are clearly designed to cater to a Japanese audience.

The levels of violence though is definitely Western. Itagaki loved Gears of war so the inspiration likely came from that.
gripper
Greater Ninja
Greater Ninja

PostPosted: Sun Feb 20, 2011 7:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mohsin117 wrote:

“we never intentionally make games for the Western market”

LOL who's he fooling, just about all Asian games these days scream west so loud it's hard to hear anything else.
it may seem like there games are made for both with the Asian themes and all but i think that's more for the west
who enjoy the more basic Eastern themes
Female Tengu
Superior Ninja
Superior Ninja

Gamertag: GalaxySpider PSN: GalaxySpider

PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2011 11:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

@Moshin

IMO DoAX was totally made for the japanese market. Same with DOA Paradise which poorly sold in US and EUR. Well, at least that's what I'm thinking, cauz DOAX offers animes girls with big, ehrm, bubies xD Especially DOA Paradise. But, is there anyone who not loves them Laughing
And dont forget DOA, the game which first introduced the bouncing feature + a japanese busty maincharacter & trademark: Kasumi. And lots of other ninjas, lol.

The only really game, in my eyes, which was made for the western market is, just like you said, NGII. Keyword: bloody and the art design in general. It's not a secret that "western players" players love such games. I just need to look at the highly popular Gears of War series, which is just one boring (story wise) frag and blood fest with a laggy multiplayer.

Of course, that's just what I think. Could be wrong, though.

If NG3 stays with a more japanese hardcore direction, I will welcome this.

P.S. Nice sig, btw.
Greater Ninja
Greater Ninja

PostPosted: Thu Feb 24, 2011 12:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's been awhile since I posted on the forum. Feels good to be back. Ok, I read all the posts and checked the videos. So far I am impressed. I don't mind if they change the combat system as long as they make improvements. I thought it was pretty ridiculous that all I had to do was spam Level 2 ultimate techniques with the scythe and bo on master ninja.

I also like how the primary focus is on Ryu. I personally don't want Hayate, Kasumi or Ayane even in Ninja Gaiden. If I want to see them I'll play DoA. No offense, but DoA is a game that focuses on the Mugen Tenshin Ninja clan. Ryu makes appearances but its behind the scenes. My friends and I have all come to the conclusion that he shouldn't be in the tournament anyway because he's too powerful. It seems like he dumbs his skills down in those games.

I still like the Mugen Tenshin but I would love to see their story fleshed out in a game completely dedicated to them. I like DoA and Bayman and Jann Lee are still two of my favorite designs. But lets be honest we all don't really care about the non-ninjas in that game the way we do about the ninjas. The company is called "Team Ninja" I want to see more Ninja.

Back to Ryu, Ninja Gaiden should focus primarily on him and by extension his clan/family. Not saying they have to be playable but fill in the plotholes. For example, where is his mom? What happened to her? You need a man and woman to make a baby but she is never mentioned. Next I understand Momiji is a ninja but her design is based off of that of the samurai's wife. Being trained with a Naginata for example. Also she's more of a shrine maiden than a ninja. I mean she did look like a kunoichi in dragon sword but I guess Hayashi got amnesia.
vspectra
Greater Ninja
Greater Ninja

PostPosted: Thu Feb 24, 2011 3:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sath wrote:

I want Ryu to become like a dark ninja, a dark past,give him a circle beard, make him evolve , gritty ninja master that has been through so much stuff..

What the hell Sath? Why would you want this? Laughing

I can't see that beard going too well with this face.

Sath
Shadow Ninja
Shadow Ninja

Gamertag: PSN: ISathI
NGS - Sigma (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Thu Feb 24, 2011 1:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

vspectra wrote:
Sath wrote:

I want Ryu to become like a dark ninja, a dark past,give him a circle beard, make him evolve , gritty ninja master that has been through so much stuff..

What the hell Sath? Why would you want this? Laughing

I can't see that beard going too well with this face.

I just want him to have character on the face, make him look like a badass, master ninja or something.
Plain Final fantasy pretty boy, boyband member is meh IMO.

Good thing they cover his face so much LOL
Neders
Common Ninja
Common Ninja

Gamertag: PSN: Neders

PostPosted: Thu Feb 24, 2011 6:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I just want him to have character on the face

For the love of god this. I like Ryu's costumes, but his face is so generic. He looks like when you have a character creation screen and you just press start and play with the random dummy the game gives you.

I definitely don't agree with the beard, but give him some scars for god sakes. If I can have a scar on my leg because my sister dropped a glass bowl right beside me I think that the uber ninja that fights demons for a living would at least have some marks on his body.
Legendary Ninja
Legendary Ninja

Gamertag: Keylay
NG - Emblem (Amount: 1) NGB - Master (Amount: 1) NGDS - The Eye of the Dragon (Amount: 1) NGS - Sigma (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Fri Feb 25, 2011 12:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ninjas and beards don't go together. Besides, you never see his face in Ninja Gaiden. I doubt they'll ever show his face in Ninja Gaiden so he probably won't have any scars. But his forehead protector has a few defects. I guess you can consider those his scars.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
gripper
Greater Ninja
Greater Ninja

PostPosted: Fri Feb 25, 2011 6:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I love the Fiend Ryu in NGII more than anything, they just ran away with that design
it's just full of so much WIN!!!.......color 1 of course Smile
Neders
Common Ninja
Common Ninja

Gamertag: PSN: Neders

PostPosted: Fri Feb 25, 2011 11:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like the fiend ryu costume as well but my favorite has to be the Ryukenden costume. I grew up playing NG on the NES so it feels right to have Ryu in blue. In fact once I unlock it I never pick any of the other ones.

I hope to god they add it to NG3
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ninja Fortress Forum Index -> Ninja Gaiden 3: Razor's Edge All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 3 of 5

Jump to: