ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in   

Ninja Gaiden 3 announced
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ninja Fortress Forum Index -> Ninja Gaiden 3: Razor's Edge
View previous topic :: View next topic  
gripper
Greater Ninja
Greater Ninja

Gamertag: XBL: kgripper

PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2010 8:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

WOW this announcement was sooner than I thought, Kool!!......is that his new enemy in his eye?
BlackNinja9
Greater Ninja
Greater Ninja

PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2010 7:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Haven't been this site in awhile. Long time no see everybody. Either way good news about Ninja Gaiden 3. I didn't want to sit through DoA5. Don't get me wrong its my favorite fighting game, and I'm getting tired of Tekken and Super Street Fighter 4, but I want some good old fashioned Ryu Hayabusa violence.

Let's up the ante shall we? More moves for my favorite 4 weapons: claws, sword, 2 swords and broadsword (I'm a blade fiend) please. Please adjust the noob factor of the scythe and bo. They helped me beat master ninja but I felt like I was cheating spamming the 360 UT with the bo and the XYYY in the air with the scythe.

The chixxx were nice and all but lets get back to Ryu. Got high hopes for this one.
mohsin117
Head Ninja
Head Ninja

Gamertag: mohsin117 PSN: mohsin117

PostPosted: Fri Sep 17, 2010 4:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Iv finally managed to calm may self down long enough to brake down whatís been said about the concept art by videogamer.com

First clearly the blood is back which is excellent, yeah it doesnít add anything to game play, but it also doesnít take anything away, and having blood and limps covering the floor after an encounter dose add to the atmosphere and tone of the game, and limbs not disappearing the second they are cut off is a step forward

id love to see the mist return, maybe in a different colour for each weapon, along with NG2 level of blood, always did like did like the mist just wasnít too fond of the fact that it replaced the blood

allot f the things mentioned in the videogamer.com article is really nothing new, Hayashi mentioned or should i say hinted to everything videogamer.com said back in October of 2009 in his final blog post on the Playstation blog:

http://blog.eu.playstation.com/2009/10/02/ninja-gaiden-sigma-2-final-post/

there were a number of thing mentioned in the final blog that worried me about the future of NG

so noting in the videogamer.com article was really a surprise to me, as for Ryu removing his mask, is nothing that special (if he does remove his mask he should pull back the head plate as well cos i think it might look a little funny otherwise) but it hinting to a more human Ryu i am happy about, Ryu has made a point in stating that he is human in the past, and i really like that about Ryu that fact that heís human and competes very capably against higher beings, and i feel itís what pushís him above and beyond the likes of Dante and Kratos

i donít know how theyíre going to make Ryu seem more human, i hope the donít make him too chatty and emotional (Samus Very Happy), i know that not everyone likes the non emotional, cold blooded and straight to the point characters such as Ryu and Altair, and i do agree they can be boring but itís sort of the character you want a killer an assassin a ninja to be, so i donít want to see Ryu messed around with too much,

In Hayashiís final blog he said that Ryu was pressured by the darkness and is torched and anguished by it, which was one of the things that worried me, it sort of sounds like Ryu is going o be more emotional and its going to interfere with what he does, and as though itís getting to him, which seem very unlike Ryu, because heís the one that seems to be torturing the fiends and causing them problem (proven by Elizabethís frustration towards Ryu in NG2/S2), and he doesnít seem like heís effected by it(the comments made towards Zedonius and Alexei)

I suppose he could have been keeping it all bottled up, in which case we might see that in NG3, but if we do see it, it should be shown when heís on his own or in the company of these very close to him (Ayane, Hayate, Kasumi and Momiji)

Moving on to the person in Ryuís eye, which could be a reflection or an inner darkness, an inner darkness being something that Hayashi hinted towards in his blog post, i really hope itís not Ryu going evil, yes ninjas where not nice people, but that doesnít really matter because NG is about humans verses fiends, the fact that they are good humans or bad humans or even good ninjas or bad ninjas shouldnít really effect that, as for it being manifested in to new abilities if this is hinting to a rage mode of some sort, im really not going to be happy, NG has never had this type of feature, itís not like Ryu as a character or not isnít capable on his own and it removes the human as well as the ninja from Ryu

If people remember it was also one of the thing i mentioned in the ďWhat donít we want to see in the next NGĒ thread
http://www.ninjafortress.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=4001&start=0

The very first thought that came to me when a seen the character in Ryuís eye was Hayate because it looked like brown hair but i think it was more wishful thinking that anything, at the moment im thinking its going to be the next Black Spider Clan leader, and the blacked out eyes could be a fiend influence such as the influence in Obaba

As for Hayate and other characters being playable, at the moment im thinning it might be best for NG to revert back to having Ryu as the only character and have everyone else just make appearance, seriously Team NINJA iv been waiting since 2004 to see Hayate make just an appearance in NG, 5 instalments on and not even a mention donít let me down this time and im going to be extremely pissed off if a another underdressed over blossomed dumb girl is given priority over the existing characters

The thing that worried me the most in Hayashi blog post was what he said about Shinji, if worst comes to worst it would end up like Nero and Dante, Raiden and Solid, Arbiter and Master Chief
I suppose Shinji could just be a playable character in the story but why you would want to move down the food chain from Ryu to Shinji is above me, i felt the same way about the girls in NGS/S2 i mean donít get me wrong they played great but it moving down Ryu to who ever it should really be moving side to side Ryu to Hayate or even Joe

Im assuming that there will still be a multiplayer, in which we should be given all the characters, but im thinking it might be better to give us just a generic ninja for the online like what they do in Halo, that way a character isnít restricted in weapons
Ninja Dog
Ninja Dog

PostPosted: Fri Sep 17, 2010 5:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a Feeling that the Person inside Ryu's Eye is Controling him
, Makes him evil/Dark or somthing ?
gripper
Greater Ninja
Greater Ninja

Gamertag: XBL: kgripper

PostPosted: Fri Sep 17, 2010 7:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree with most of whats been said Ryu seems fine, and when I think about it he is probably one of the most complete characters of all time. He seems to know his purpose and if doubt comes his way ("My strength comes from training not some curse in my blood"....."Are you so sure?") he fights through it. Ryu as a character is well done his actions have always spoken volumes about the type of person he is. As far as other playable characters are concerned I don't mind them being there just don't force unfinished characters on the players, I would like to see them as a reward if the game is beaten or a certain condition is met, then unlocking new characters to play through the campaign wouldn't seem like such an intrusion. I cant wait to see what news pops up next.
NGfan
Ninja Dog
Ninja Dog

PostPosted: Sun Sep 19, 2010 6:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes! Finally! NGB and NG 2 were the best xbox games (in my opinion) and I can't wait for the third one!
Female Tengu
Superior Ninja
Superior Ninja

Gamertag: GalaxySpider PSN: GalaxySpider

PostPosted: Sun Sep 19, 2010 10:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mohsin117 wrote:

First clearly the blood is back which is excellent, yeah it doesnít add anything to game play, but it also doesnít take anything away, and having blood and limps covering the floor after an encounter dose add to the atmosphere and tone of the game, and limbs not disappearing the second they are cut off is a step forward

That feature was only there to attract kids/customers, especially in the U.S. where bloody games are always famous for some reason, no matter if these games are great or totally crap. Tons of games already proofed that.

Before you can say "it does add atmosphere", you must first look at the actual game itself. Was Ninja Gaiden designed in the first place to be a game like Gears of War, God or War or even Mortal Kombat? No. It never was. Not with NG1 and not with NG2. So how can something like this add atmosphere in a NG game??

Ninja Gaidens enemies are mostly, except for some ninjas, monsters, dragons, demons and even cyborgs. Sigma 2 added WAY MORE atmosphere than NG2 could, not just because of new missions and cutscenes. The Black Spider Ninjas are no really humans anymore. They're infested with demonic powers and the game explained it in a great way via the comic. And the Boss Obaba was the highlight of all this! Clearly showed you what the BS (lol) clan really is and what these "humans" are capable of. The purple mist looks stupid IF you played NG2, yes. But in terms of atmosphere and logic, NG2 did a great job making the Black Spiders Ninjas what they are really are: half humans, half demons. And that wasn't just great, it also looked great. And why a limb just cant dissapear when Ryu cuts his way trough hordes of non 100% humans? What is the problem people have with this logic?

Blood and gore only adds atmosphere in horror movies or in games which were designed for it in the first place. NG is not such a game. Too bad Team Ninja will probably listen to all the underaged crybabies now.
No blood > lame game. That what I've read in most so called "fan forums" during discussions of Sigma 2. It's sad, really. And to be honest, I wont accept such people as "fans".

It's just stupid having a ninja (humans!!), crouching and bleeding for hours on the ground for just no reason in NG2. A huge design flaw. NG2 was bad. A butt kick for a serious NG fans like me.
Most people bought NG2 because of the blood and that's a FACT! And that kind of marketing is just lame and even more Bu.....lack Spider Clan. fvck the story, fvck the design. Just add tons and tons of blood and people will buy it. If I look at the OP, I know where I am.
Even DOA Creator Itagaki is not different. Take a look at his game and you know what I mean. Booooring.

Don't get me wrong. I'm against any censorship but Sigma 2 did a great job to explain it (+ some limitations of the engine, lol) and I really had no problems with it. It fits the game, especially Ryu Hayabusa, more.

Quote:
id love to see the mist return, maybe in a different colour for each weapon, along with NG2 level of blood, always did like did like the mist just wasnít too fond of the fact that it replaced the blood

Actually I agree with that. I also want the mist back cauz it looks way cooler than some red liquids. But the NG level of blood, I think they wont do that cauz they know that Sigma 2 had better graphics (+ real720p). Limbs etc. just eats performance like crazy. So I guess TN will use SIGMA 2s engine for NG3 (to keep tha quality), replaces the mist with some blood, done. I dont think they had enough time and money for making a new engine. At least that's what I think of it.
Head Ninja
Head Ninja

PostPosted: Sun Sep 19, 2010 12:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wow seriously from everything i said and everything said in the videogamer.com article and the fact that itís a all ne NG altogether, the only thing that you can find to comment on is the blood?

You know what fine, good for you, i hope it works out for you, i really can clearly tell that blood in the NG franchise dispute its complete worthlessness is a very sensitive issue for you, and youíre in every right to flame abut as much as you want, you should start a companying you know, ďREMOVE BLOOD FROM NGĒ it might help you cause

And im positive that you where one of those people who companied passionately against the inclusion of blood in NG2, didnít you? Cos you could clearly see that Team NINJA just added the blood in natural progression, and they wanted to sell their game by using blood which you clearly know is worthless and doesnít add anything to the game, but you know that bringing players in to the NG franchise with a cheap asset that is blood is wrong, so good on you

Good luck with that, cos i thing you really might actually hitting a point in saying the inclusion of blood will result in a loss of quality in everything ells, cos you know NGS2 has clearly gone out its way to prove that

And yes i did play NG2 first, like any good fan i bought the game as they came out, and thank you so much for opening my eyes, and helping me realize that the whole reson why NG2 didnít have good story or a good design was obviously due to the blood
Superior Ninja
Superior Ninja

Gamertag: GalaxySpider PSN: GalaxySpider

PostPosted: Sun Sep 19, 2010 4:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
And im positive that you where one of those people who companied passionately against the inclusion of blood in NG2, didnít you?

No. I can live with it and have nothing against these kind of "methodes". But only focusing on that asepct wont work with me.
It's just that everyone seems to defending it with no arguments (atmosphere? Oo)

Quote:
Cos you could clearly see that Team NINJA just added the blood in natural progression, and they wanted to sell their game by using blood which you clearly know is worthless and doesnít add anything to the game, but you know that bringing players in to the NG franchise...

......who instantly sold the game 2 days after release because they never played NG1 and said things like "Ninja Gaiden 2 is too hard". Yeah. I know these stories well enough. About 10 people from my FL sold that game after a week. But yeah, TN got the money and the true fans got their glitched/unfinished game, right? Awesome. That's what everyone wanted from Ninja Gaiden 2.
C'mon Moshin, those arguments are onesided and you know that. OF COURSE Team Ninja made more money of it. Seriously, I'm not blind and know how marketing works. But what's with the fanbase and or the overall quality of the game/franchise?

Yeah, "who cares", right. That was TNs motto for NG2.

So sorry, when I'm not really excited about the first image of NG3 (even if it's just an artwork) which shows Ryus face covered with blood and everyone is like "yay, the game will be great".
Of course, everything can be different now for NG3, but I'm just saying.

Quote:
NG2 didnít have good story or a good design was obviously due to the blood

Indeed. And I can tell this just by watching NG2s cutscenes where at least one enemy gets sliced by Ryus sword instead of fletching out dialogs/characters and other more important things. TN wasted way too much time for such trivial stuff. And I'm not alone with the "NG has a crappy story". Even here people talked about.

Quote:
Good luck with that, cos i thing you really might actually hitting a point in saying the inclusion of blood will result in a loss of quality in everything ells

Haven't said this. But NG2 clearly showed it.
And if TN tries the same trick with me again + if the overall quality is on the same level like NG2s or even lower, than TN is nothing than a bunch of nobodies for me and the gaming industry.

But ok, calm down. I wont talk about this anymore. It was just one specific line you posted about atmopshere and blood.

I know what you mean, but there are lots and lots of ways to reach the player and bringing atmosphere into the game. Blood, in NG, never created atmosphere. Not even in the slightest form. It's eye candy, just like the girls in Sigma 2.

Hah, I really cant wait to play NG3.

BTW, I read your article/post well enough and agree with all the speculations or better I cant think of anything else what TN is trying to say with that artwork. Your words were basically my thoughts about that image Wink

And I also agree that the guy in his eye (the most interesting thing in the pic) is some kind of a "friend" who will lend him certain powers during the game. And Ryu will be able to use these powers. I even think it will replace the Ninpo in NG3 cauz the ninpo was there and never broken, but boring to use. They probably try to change that now. TN talked a lot about Ryus ninpos in interviews anyway.

So yeah, your "rage mode" sounds best IMO, Moshin.
Head Ninja
Head Ninja

PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2010 3:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Female Tengu wrote:
Quote:
And im positive that you where one of those people who companied passionately against the inclusion of blood in NG2, didnít you?

No. I can live with it and have nothing against these kind of "methodes". But only focusing on that asepct wont work with me.
It's just that everyone seems to defending it with no arguments..............BLAH!

i liked the blood im happy its back deal with it, half the stuff you said doesnít make sense and the other half is opinion, i mean explain to me the atmosphere of NG/B/S in comparison to NG2 as well as NGS2.... wait you know that donít cos i donít give a crap, and i canít be bothered arguing with you about it, i really canít be bothered with anything youíve posted at this moment!
Greater Ninja
Greater Ninja

PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2010 6:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yo mohsin chill dude, you came across real arrogant with that comment. I don't think Tengu was trying to start an argument, just "like you said" sharing her opinion. Which is what you did with your post. Either way, you both express good points, but its too early to really determine anything.We just gotta be patient and hope that Team Ninja is listening.
CoolBlackKnight
Greater Ninja
Greater Ninja

PostPosted: Tue Sep 21, 2010 6:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Female Tengu wrote:
Sigma 2 was almost perfect for me. As long as NG3 can keep that games quality I wont complain. If TN tries the same "blood and gore over content and bug fixing" story again I will definitely not buy this game. I'm sick of it.

I hope they're not gonna change Ayanes face again lol

And actually I expected a DOA5 or so. We just got NGS2. Why another NG so soon?

I'm glad it was for you... But when I saw what Hayashi did to my AWESOME Chapter 11 for ONE example(14 in Sigma 2), among other things(there were a couple of things I did like, to be fair) - Well... Let's just say you and I play NG 2 for different visceral experiences.

And NG 2 being buggy was a result of all the turmoil of Itagaki & half of TN leaving TECMO, so we gamers suffered for that lack of "polish and play-testing".

(and a HDD install took care of 95% of the freezing problems for most gamers anyway on the 360)

...But hey, maybe he'll get it right for both you and I and our different "needs" in NG 3.
Wink

CyberEvil
Shadow Ninja
Shadow Ninja

Gamertag: XBL: CyberEvil PSN: CyberEvil-PSN
NG - Emblem (Amount: 1) NGB - Master (Amount: 1) NGDS - The Eye of the Dragon (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Tue Sep 21, 2010 7:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NG2 was content-complete before people started leaving. They run a tight ship over there and it was actually the fact that quality control was outsourced to Microsoft that killed the polish of NG2.

In any case, I need to know what that clip is from, CoolBlackKnight. Too badass.
Greater Ninja
Greater Ninja

PostPosted: Tue Sep 21, 2010 9:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would like to see Ryu use a reverse grip sword style and maybe some more claw techniques for starters.
Vueguy
Greater Ninja
Greater Ninja

Gamertag: XBL: Vuezero PSN: Vueguy

PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2010 11:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Even if we don't have as much gore and blood as Ninja Gaiden 2 on X360, its okay, at least as much as Ninja Gaiden Sigma on PS3, and also, just no purple mist, it doesn't look right at all.

Hope for no more purple mist, then we all can go Wave
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ninja Fortress Forum Index -> Ninja Gaiden 3: Razor's Edge All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 2 of 6

Jump to: