ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in   

DOA5?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ninja Fortress Forum Index -> Videogames General Board
View previous topic :: View next topic  
NinjaInDisguise
Ninja Dog
Ninja Dog

Gamertag: XBL: Lethal NinjaS PSN: SorrowNinja

PostPosted: Fri Jan 08, 2010 11:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

@ Female Tengu

Everytime I play DOA I get frustrated, and thats because when someone does a High Kick and I'll do a hich counter sometimes it won't detect it. it'll work if the person first move was a high kick and I do a high counter it'll work. It doesn't work when he's doing a combo and at the end he's about to do a high punch and i'll try to counter that but it just doesn't work. Maybe it isn't the game it could be my controller since everytime I play it keeps making me move backwards when I'm trying to move forward
Primeval_Demon
Superior Ninja
Superior Ninja

PostPosted: Fri Jan 08, 2010 11:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think there are different counters for different attacks.

Edit: Not sure about the rules to them anymore. I can't remember much about the countering. I fail! Embarassed
CyberEvil
Shadow Ninja
Shadow Ninja

Gamertag: XBL: CyberEvil PSN: CyberEvil-PSN
NG - Emblem (Amount: 1) NGB - Master (Amount: 1) NGDS - The Eye of the Dragon (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Fri Jan 08, 2010 5:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Four point counter system. Lows, Mid punches, Mid kicks, highs. High counter will take either punches or kicks.
Greater Ninja
Greater Ninja

PostPosted: Sat Jan 09, 2010 12:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It can be tricky remember the 1st two punches in a combo are always high. Really powerful strikes/launchers are always mid and they are usually the 3rd attack in a combination. Its difficult b/c punch is back and kicks are forwards.

Also don't just jam on the counter button when hit. It is easy to get grabbed that way (Tina, Bass and especially Bayman and Leon will destroy you) and you will receive double the grab damage. I set people up with this all the time. I love pressuring someone into a counter then izuna dropping them off a ledge b/c they guessed wrong.

I'm really good at countering because with Ryu you can't mindlessly counter because you have to remember to enter the izuna otoshi notation immediately afterward. Start using Ryu or people with command counters and you'll catch on fast.
CyberEvil
Shadow Ninja
Shadow Ninja

NG - Emblem (Amount: 1) NGB - Master (Amount: 1) NGDS - The Eye of the Dragon (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Sat Jan 09, 2010 12:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Your tips only help at a basic level. First two punches being high works for a normal button masher only. There are more strings than just PPK or PPP. Also, many powerful strikes hit high or low. 46P with Ein and Hitomi, for instance. Not to mention the fact that relying on counters alone will just make you eat offensive holds all day long. Lastly, High Counter Holds don't do double damage. Just a lot.

As an aside, anyone wanting to play DoA4 anytime, let me know. If you aren't so hot I'll teach you. If you think you're pretty good I'll probably just destroy you. It's been about a year but I can guarantee I'd wreck most people I come across.
Superior Ninja
Superior Ninja

PostPosted: Sat Jan 09, 2010 5:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Where was the DOATEC they blew up in DOA 4? I've forgetten lol. They could use the one in New York.
BlackNinja9
Greater Ninja
Greater Ninja

PostPosted: Sat Jan 09, 2010 10:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Your tips only help at a basic level. First two punches being high works for a normal button masher only. There are more strings than just PPK or PPP. Also, many powerful strikes hit high or low. 46P with Ein and Hitomi, for instance. Not to mention the fact that relying on counters alone will just make you eat offensive holds all day long. Lastly, High Counter Holds don't do double damage. Just a lot.

As an aside, anyone wanting to play DoA4 anytime, let me know. If you aren't so hot I'll teach you. If you think you're pretty good I'll probably just destroy you. It's been about a year but I can guarantee I'd wreck most people I come across.

LOL, I can see why you are a MOD. You must play the game alot. But I've used Ein/Hitomi since DoA2 46p is countered mid. I need to get my Xbox back in the mail, got the red lights for a second time, then we can battle. I don't rely solely on counters, I was giving tips to "Ninja in Disguise." They are at a "basic level" because he asked a "basic question." You can't give someone super detailed information 1st they won't comprehend it. Would you give a newbie to NG a kusari-gama on level 3? Of course not, I'm know some people who have beaten the game on master ninja and can't use that weapon effectively.

I was telling him not to rely on countering solely because you will get grabbed and a few ways to work on consciously countering as opposed to just mashing on the buttons when you in a jam. DoA is like a game of rock, paper, scissors. I've been playing since part 1 on saturn/playstation I know. You rely on strikes you get countered, counters you get grabbed, grabs you get striked. It a perfectly balanced game of chaos. Unlike Tekken where only certain characters have counters or ducking grabs. Sorry Tekken fans, don't get me wrong I love the game Raven is my favorite character, but the gameplay has holes in it. You should see all the people I piss off with Nina/Anna or Dragunov because they have counters.
NinjaInDisguise
Ninja Dog
Ninja Dog

Gamertag: XBL: Lethal NinjaS PSN: SorrowNinja

PostPosted: Sat Jan 09, 2010 11:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BlackNinja9 wrote:
CyberEvil wrote:

LOL, I can see why you are a MOD. You must play the game alot. But I've used Ein/Hitomi since DoA2 46p is countered mid. I need to get my Xbox back in the mail, got the red lights for a second time, then we can battle. I don't rely solely on counters, I was giving tips to "Ninja in Disguise." They are at a "basic level" because he asked a "basic question." You can't give someone super detailed information 1st they won't comprehend it. Would you give a newbie to NG a kusari-gama on level 3? Of course not, I'm know some people who have beaten the game on master ninja and can't use that weapon effectively.

I was telling him not to rely on countering solely because you will get grabbed and a few ways to work on consciously countering as opposed to just mashing on the buttons when you in a jam. DoA is like a game of rock, paper, scissors. I've been playing since part 1 on saturn/playstation I know. You rely on strikes you get countered, counters you get grabbed, grabs you get striked. It a perfectly balanced game of chaos. Unlike Tekken where only certain characters have counters or ducking grabs. Sorry Tekken fans, don't get me wrong I love the game Raven is my favorite character, but the gameplay has holes in it. You should see all the people I piss off with Nina/Anna or Dragunov because they have counters.
Lol thanks for the tips BUT, I know how to play this game, DOA 4 was the first 360 game I ever had. I was just saying that sometimes when I counter someone it doesn't work. My rank is a A not an A- or A+. I know its not that high but, I haven't played this game in a year and I just recently started getting back to it so I can prepare for DOA 5. Also I'm a master with Hayabusa and Hayate, I can do all there moves incluing Rajin for Hayate.
BlackNinja9
Greater Ninja
Greater Ninja

PostPosted: Sat Jan 09, 2010 1:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I stand corrected. You are good if you can pull off Raijin. I couldn't do that in my heyday. I'm dusting off my DoA4 again too. My best player is Ryu, but I can use the Ninjas just as well. For fun I mess around with Bayman/Leon, Jann Lee, Zack and Hitomi/Ein.

Ein was my favorite back in DoA2 but I think he's cooler as a Ninja. I like submission wrestling so Bayman is an obvious choice. Who doesn't like Bruce? I think a Bruce Lee inspired character is a prerequisite. Lastly, Zack is effective but I think he's a horrible representation of Black people. Most in games are. I mean Deejay and Balrog aren't the greatest either. Raven is the closest thing to a cool representation, other than his hair looking like sisqo Embarassed. Sorry for the rant.
CyberEvil
Shadow Ninja
Shadow Ninja

PostPosted: Sat Jan 09, 2010 1:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ugh I keep accidentally editing posts instead of posting a reply...damn hangover. But anyway, 46p is a high. 236p is a mid. I think you just mixed up the notation. Also, I don't play a lot at all. I wasn't kidding about the year-plus hiatus. But I'd be more than willing to jump on.
Greater Ninja
Greater Ninja

PostPosted: Sat Jan 09, 2010 9:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CyberEvil wrote:
Ugh I keep accidentally editing posts instead of posting a reply...damn hangover. But anyway, 46p is a high. 236p is a mid. I think you just mixed up the notation. Also, I don't play a lot at all. I wasn't kidding about the year-plus hiatus. But I'd be more than willing to jump on.

Lol speaking of hangovers my boy has a ridiculous tolerance. He had a cup of absenth (however you spell) its 138 proof and it didnt effect him at all. Shocked I would been vomiting my ribcage and felt like Hitomi used my head as a punching bag.

Anyway don't sweat the notation I'm rusty in DoA, been playn a lotta tekken and call of duty. I have to relearn the system. I hope that don't change it too much though.
CyberEvil
Shadow Ninja
Shadow Ninja

PostPosted: Sat Jan 09, 2010 9:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I play Tekken 6 too...at a slightly less than high-level performance level but a lot better than most people who had never played Tekken before. Lars is the crap.
Superior Ninja
Superior Ninja

Gamertag: GalaxySpider PSN: GalaxySpider

PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2010 1:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

NinjaInDisguise wrote:
@ Female Tengu

Everytime I play DOA I get frustrated, and thats because when someone does a High Kick and I'll do a hich counter sometimes it won't detect it. it'll work if the person first move was a high kick and I do a high counter it'll work. It doesn't work when he's doing a combo and at the end he's about to do a high punch and i'll try to counter that but it just doesn't work. Maybe it isn't the game it could be my controller since everytime I play it keeps making me move backwards when I'm trying to move forward

It's your controller. I can say that for sure. What you just described happened with my old controller as well. The left thumbstick....nuff said. My Ayane always walks backwards (left side) xD
Too bad you cant turn off the analog support in DOA. I'm playing with the digipad and use the left stick for Rajin only (Its actually pretty easy performing the throw but doing 33 + throw with Hayate is better in almost every situation lol).

BTW, sometimes a move just looks high, but is actually a mid punch or vise versa. Helena has great examples.

Crushing works better for me most of the time.

If someone wants to practice, I'm willing for helping a little bit out, too. I'm not that bad (75% wins) was once an SS in DOA4, now S, and I'm SS in Ultimate, too. But I probably haven't played DOA4 online for 1 and a half year or so. I dont really like playing BEMUS online, the game just changes way too much for my taste. Onlien is fun, but nothing more IMO.

As for my charakter: I'm Ayane addicted and she's my best charakter in DOA. Altough she's super unsafe, the most unsafe charakter in the game, she will always be THE juggle queen in the game and I know how to use that xD

My other charakters are Ryu (tag battle) and Nicole (for fun Laughing ).
Head Ninja
Head Ninja

Gamertag: mohsin117 PSN: mohsin117

PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2010 7:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Iv been thinking how Team NINJA could make DOA a bit more serious and shake off this relation to Rumble Roses,

first marketing, no more “she kikes high” and NGS2 type of trailers,

the second is some thing we already mentioned and that’s the costumes,
all the characters should be given the same amount of costumes, and the 2 default costumes for the girls need to very character specific and appropriate,

id say have mybe 12 costumes for each character, the first 4 being character specific and appropriate ones.

then with the second 4 id like to see some costumes like the xbox ones from DOAU2 the ones that all the girls had access to id like to see them back and others along that line may be all the girls in school girl costumes, and with the guys but them all in tuxedos, and give them fiend costumes like Ryu,

with the final 4 we could have the revealing clothing’s for the girls and bikinis and stuff, and give the guys some normal clothes like hoodies and jeans

and also unlocking a costume should unlock all colour variations, in DOA4 with Kasumi and Lei Fang beating the game gave you the same costume just in a different colour, this was also the situation in DOAU2,
so yeah unlocking a costume should come with at leas 4 different colour variations,

I was looking at Tekken’s customizing options, and I didn’t think it was that grate, I felt that what it basically came down to was 2 costumes which accessories that you could toggle on or off, and the accessories most of them where available to every character so they where never really related to one character,
Instead what id like to see in DOA is the ability to toggle on and off items that are on already apart of the costume, like hire bands, masks jackets and so on, and even my be have a few different hire styles
Head Ninja
Head Ninja

Gamertag: mohsin117 PSN: mohsin117

PostPosted: Fri Jan 15, 2010 2:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

on TECMO’s facbook they posted saying

“15 January 2010 - 5PM (GMT).”

don’t have a clue what it’s a date for but could it be connected to DOA5?

http://www.facebook.com/home.php?ref=home
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ninja Fortress Forum Index -> Videogames General Board All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4

Jump to: