ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in   

DOA5?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ninja Fortress Forum Index -> Videogames General Board
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Primeval_Demon
Superior Ninja
Superior Ninja

PostPosted: Fri Jan 08, 2010 3:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I completely agree on the DOA 4 quote. DOA 4 was a lot faster moving than any of the older ones. One thing I remember Itagaki said at announcement was he had the opening in his head and planned to drop tag battles. I would like to see what becomes of this.

As for features I want to see Momiji playable (as Sath pointed out) and I want to see the new Tengu brothers as possible costumes for Tengu. The new designs are way better imo.
mohsin117
Head Ninja
Head Ninja

Gamertag: mohsin117 PSN: mohsin117

PostPosted: Fri Jan 08, 2010 3:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

their probably going to add new character, Momiji goes with out saying but id also like to see some more male characters because everyone seems to relate DOA to some perverted guilty pleasure, when I would say that is a serous game, I mean just look at the rumour it says “next big-bosomed fighter”

even when I went with my friend to get DOA4, we couldn’t find it so we asked one of the guys at the shop and the guy says “we don’t have it but we got Rumble Roses”
and I was like why have you made a connection between DOA and Rumble Roses
so the guy says goes they both got girls on the front, im like what’s that supposed to mean, then he says that they got DOA the movie, so I went flip and went on another rant about DOA the movie
Superior Ninja
Superior Ninja

Gamertag: GalaxySpider PSN: GalaxySpider

PostPosted: Fri Jan 08, 2010 4:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

NinjaInDisguise wrote:
I hope Team Ninja is going to fix the countering system. They also need to add more Tag teams stages and more Single stages ( 1v1s ). I agree with CyberEvil the Hair phyiscs is just a mess. The hair would go inside the clothes and basiclly unrealistic. I can't wait to see the gameplay of DOA 5, I think Team Ninja is going to wow us on DOA 5

The problem with the hair is pretty complicated.

Dead or Alive has the most realistic clothing movements in this genre (+ the sweetest animations), its looks very nice when charakters are moving in battle and you see how smoth their clothes are moving. The engine uses the same mechanics for the girls/charakters with long hair. On girls like Ayane it looks just awesome cauz she has short hair. There is almost no clipping here. But on girls like Kasumi, Leifang, Kokoro etc. you can the the negative.

It's a reason why Kokoros kimono, for example, is not a part of her basic costume set. Too much physiqs causes the DOA4 engine to slowdown like hell. Modders already confirmed it since they "unlocked" Kokoros kimono so you can select it as a normal costume.....the game runs like 10 fps or so. There are videos on youtube showing this.

I hope, and I have to agree with that, Team Ninja can improve basic movements of hair of without having super static stuff like Tekken or Soul Caliburs hair/clothes. But its not just about movements. For making a good solution possible, the hair also needs a much higher polycount.

Quote:
I hope Team Ninja is going to fix the countering system

Hm. What do you mean by "fixing"? Do you mean the hold system or the counter system (its a difference)?

Both systems are good except for the hold stuff. A hold shouldn't have 0 frames. But that's all, at least for my taste. Wink
Superior Ninja
Superior Ninja

PostPosted: Fri Jan 08, 2010 4:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mohsin117 wrote:
their probably going to add new character, Momiji goes with out saying but id also like to see some more male characters because everyone seems to relate DOA to some perverted guilty pleasure, when I would say that is a serous game, I mean just look at the rumour it says “next big-bosomed fighter”

I agree with you. But the problem with Hayashi is (and this is something several people noted) he takes requests for females all too literally. Or he at least puts them first. Hayate could fit better than Kasumi in NG but who did Hayashi choose? Don't be suprised if Nikki becomes playable. I've seen a lot of requests for her over the years. I would rather take a new male though.

I tend to ignore people who say you buy this for the girls because its far from the truth. I personally don't think there is anything in DOA that isn't in other fighters. People just tend to pay more attention when the scale grows. Just because of these jiggle physics its more perverted. MEH! Seriously I find it more laughable than anything.
mohsin117
Head Ninja
Head Ninja

PostPosted: Fri Jan 08, 2010 6:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I totally get what Team NINJA are doing with the DOA girls, and there’s nothing wrong with it, I mean you cant mention sex in games with out the DOA girls coming up, but I think they should keep that in DOAX and when it comes to DOA or NG keep things a little more serious

I’m fine with having some revelling costumes for the girls in DOA, but its not nice when the girls are given preference guys cos like in DOA4 some of the girls had like 4 times the number of costumes as some of the guys, and its just ridicules the amout of costumes the girls had in DOA2U

As for Kasumi appearing in NG before Hayate, im telling my self it was only because they what to give Hayate to full Ryu treatment, and not just push him like the other girls, so I hope to see no I expect to see a fully kitted out Hayate in NG3
Superior Ninja
Superior Ninja

PostPosted: Fri Jan 08, 2010 6:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Primeval_Demon wrote:
mohsin117 wrote:

I agree with you. But the problem with Hayashi is (and this is something several people noted) he takes requests for females all too literally. Or he at least puts them first. Hayate could fit better than Kasumi in NG but who did Hayashi choose? Don't be suprised if Nikki becomes playable. I've seen a lot of requests for her over the years. I would rather take a new male though.

I think he just added her cauz Momiji was designed for being a NG charakter from the ground up. Since her first appearance was in "Dragon Sword", a Ninja Gaiden game, it was actually the most logical decision for introducing a "new" charakter for Sigma 2.

Hayate, so far, has nothing to do with the NG storyline in terms of design.

I think even Kasumis short appearance has a reason. For me, it was just a tiny teaser for the next DOA Beat em Up (just as Kasumis ending from DOA4 was the first unoffical-official teaser for DOAX2). Kasumi is THE charakter of DOA, of course. Almost everyone knows her. She is practically the same icon like Mai from the KoF series.

@Prime

So far its a tie between male and female chars in DOA (9 male if you count Tengu as well lol and 9 female) xD
But I would love to see a new male fighter in first place as well and I hope its not a ninja.

But I think DOA4 needs a lot of gameplay improvements. Things like the missing guarantee etc. was something what DOA3 today still makes the better DOA, in gameplay.

costumes..hm, I just want the classic butterfly outfit for Ayane back since every other charakter has its classic costume as well. I will never forgive Itagaki for that ^^
Head Ninja
Head Ninja

PostPosted: Fri Jan 08, 2010 6:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah I don’t want to many ninjas, maybe just one more to balance it out
Kasumi, Ayane, Momiji = Kunoichi’s
Hayate, Ryu = Ninja

Any way, who won DOA4?, DOA1 was won by Kasumi, then DOA2 was won by Ryu and Ayane won DOA3 but then left so the prize money went to Zack, and he went and spent the money on an island, so who won DOA4,

I got the feeling that DOA4 didn’t come to an end cos Kasumi went on to fight her clone and Hayate, Ayane and Ryu attacked the tri towers and it sort off felt like the tournament didn’t come to an end,

I think it would be nice if the tournament was abandoned its sort of different in terms of story, and lets face it DOA being a fighting game it needs all the help in story it can get

O and my niece loves Ayane’s butterfly costume, im personally a fan of her DOA3 default costume the black one, it looks ever tactical and appropriate, if they could get a nice fit between that black costume and that big bow it would be perfect,
I liked her NG costume with the big bow, it wasn’t a scarf but did the same thing
Superior Ninja
Superior Ninja

PostPosted: Fri Jan 08, 2010 6:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Technically Momiji is not a ninja she is half ninja and the other half is shrine maiden. So if she counts as half ninja that makes 4 and a half. But there shouldn't be anymore after her. There are still plenty of fighting styles that haven't been brought in Dead Or Alive so I'm sure we'll see something suprising in there.

I know what you mean about the costumes mohsin. They have very commonly put in far more costumes for the girls than the males. DOAU did it as well. Several females had twenty costumes and I think the highest for the males was about six or something (can't remember). There isn't anything wrong with revealing costumes in games. I read forums and think people react WAY too much.

@ Tengu

This has always been my favourite Ayane costume.

mohsin117
Head Ninja
Head Ninja

PostPosted: Fri Jan 08, 2010 7:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don’t think any ones going to refer to Momiji as a shrine madden, but I do get what your saying,

And that’s the costume of Ayane that I was referring to, its very cool, very ninja like
Superior Ninja
Superior Ninja

PostPosted: Fri Jan 08, 2010 7:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

LOL! She looks badass in that Razz

Damn I'm reading this scan all over the Internet. Rumour or no rumour I'm hyped. They better release this next year because I've missed it Sad
Female Tengu
Superior Ninja
Superior Ninja

PostPosted: Fri Jan 08, 2010 7:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mohsin117 wrote:
Yeah I don’t want to many ninjas, maybe just one more to balance it out
Kasumi, Ayane, Momiji = Kunoichi’s
Hayate, Ryu = Ninja

Any way, who won DOA4?, DOA1 was won by Kasumi, then DOA2 was won by Ryu and Ayane won DOA3 but then left so the prize money went to Zack, and he went and spent the money on an island, so who won DOA4,

I got the feeling that DOA4 didn’t come to an end cos Kasumi went on to fight her clone and Hayate, Ayane and Ryu attacked the tri towers and it sort off felt like the tournament didn’t come to an end,

I think it would be nice if the tournament was abandoned its sort of different in terms of story, and lets face it DOA being a fighting game it needs all the help in story it can get

O and my niece loves Ayane’s butterfly costume, im personally a fan of her DOA3 default costume the black one, it looks ever tactical and appropriate, if they could get a nice fit between that black costume and that big bow it would be perfect,
I liked her NG costume with the big bow, it wasn’t a scarf but did the same thing

All the ninjas won DOA4 if haven't missed anything ^^

And yes, you're right, the story will probably never die. There are always holes for new plots. DOATEC is an international group in the world of DOA. Just destroying parts of the headquaters in one country means actually nothing.

Quote:

jepp. All of her outfits are great.

Even her butterfly outfit in DOA4 looks pretty good. It was some kind of a replacement:

I like it, of course, but its just not the original as we have it here. It looks so awesome:

Her DOA3 standard outfit was a different and very cool looking (like the standard from DOAU which is Ayanes C1 in DOA4) but at least I had my butterfly kimono here.

Sigma 2s outfit is hot. A little bit too hot for my taste but its closer to the original than everything else but that wont change my mind, even if Hayashi did his best here for trying it: I want my classic outfit back Laughing

Last edited by Female Tengu on Fri Jan 08, 2010 7:24 am; edited 2 times in total
mohsin117
Head Ninja
Head Ninja

PostPosted: Fri Jan 08, 2010 7:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

r u seeing my scan all over the net?
cos if it is its surprising how fast things get around, and how small of a world it is
Superior Ninja
Superior Ninja

PostPosted: Fri Jan 08, 2010 7:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You mean the lower picture? or what xD

Last edited by Female Tengu on Fri Jan 08, 2010 7:25 am; edited 1 time in total
Primeval_Demon
Superior Ninja
Superior Ninja

PostPosted: Fri Jan 08, 2010 7:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just type Dead or Alive on google and click under news. Last I checked there were 10 articles. It started on playstationlifestyle but has jumped everywhere within hours. Apparently OPM heard about it themselves. I expect TGS to show something on this.

@ Tengu

If your talking to me just talking about the game in general is getting me excited. Looking at your images is bringing back memories. I wasn't really big on that butterfly one in DOA 4.
BlackNinja9
Greater Ninja
Greater Ninja

PostPosted: Fri Jan 08, 2010 10:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi everybody. Been gone for awhile. Played a lot of Tekken 6 and Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2 (such a long title). Good to know things are still active here and Take still has a tongue like a knife. LOL Thats good though he keeps us all centered on reality, by the way uncharted 2 is a great game.

Anyway I find it funny that DOA is made by Team Ninja but they don't have a lot of Ninjas in it. True Tekken or Iron Fist is primarily a game about karateka and it only has 5 out of there 50+ characters (Jin, Kazuya, Heihachi, Bob and Lars) but the company isn't named after Ninjas like "Team Ninja" is. I'd like to see more characters from the mugen tenshin and hayabusa village. Even a character from the black spider or Murai's clan would be nice. It would be far easier to implement them as characters in a fighting game as opposed to Ninja Gaiden.

Honestly DoA has some designs I could do without. I like Leon and Bayman but do we need them both? Their fighting styles are too similar. True they both use sambo so its kinda hard to differentiate them but they're are 4 ninjas and each one fights differently. I don't want the Tekken "clone" syndrome just add characters though. Where 2 characters fight the exact same just 1 or 2 different moves or moves taken away. For example: Lee/Law, Kazuya/Heihachi, Nina/Anna, Baek/Hwoarang, Bruce/Bryan, King/Armor King and Christie/Eddy. True is shows the same fighting style from a different light (Bryan kickboxing, Bruce Muay Thai) but I would rather see 1 character who can employ both attributes. That way the player would have options.

Please stop with all the cute chicks. Yeah "she kicks high" and they are nice to look at but come. Balance it out for us.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ninja Fortress Forum Index -> Videogames General Board All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4

Jump to: