ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in   

Costume Pack is out : Pics
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ninja Fortress Forum Index -> Ninja Gaiden ∑ Sigma 2
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Primeval_Demon
Superior Ninja
Superior Ninja

PostPosted: Fri Nov 13, 2009 8:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

@ Female Tengu

Companies always do these kinds of things to cater to fans. In fact RE is guilty of this quite a bit. There are always unloackable costumes in the GC remakes. Its not just TN who do this. People just mock DOA/NG because of how it comes across.

But I do expect a mission mode soon. This is what they did with NG2. Unless Team Ninja actually intend Team Missions to replace MM (unlikely since these apparently replace TOV) there will probably be a MM announced before the end of the month.
Female Tengu
Superior Ninja
Superior Ninja

Gamertag: GalaxySpider PSN: GalaxySpider

PostPosted: Fri Nov 13, 2009 8:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know. SF had this, too. The whole costume pack was on the disc.

And actually I'm no fan of this sales tactic but as long as this will be the only costume DLC I will not complain that hard xD

I want some solo missions with Ryu now Sad
Superior Ninja
Superior Ninja

PostPosted: Fri Nov 13, 2009 8:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think two things could happen reguarding gameplay dlc.

1. Survival missions will be added for team missions

2. MM will be added but it could use the TM rule so you get to pick the character and weapon. It may also be categorised by difficulty like the TM.

Edit: Sath, what is your opinion of this costume?

http://www.andriasang.com/e/blog/2009/11/13/ninja_gaiden_sigma_2_costumes/images/2132398252/
Sath
Shadow Ninja
Shadow Ninja

Gamertag: PSN: ISathI
NGS - Sigma (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Fri Nov 13, 2009 10:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Go on Hayashi, keep making crap design choices and make me fade further away from the franchise.

I like Momiji's top design, but the lower part looks ugly as hell.
Ayane, stick with the DOA ninja outfit. This new one makes her look like a one of those whores in china that only busniess men would hire.
Rachel...*sigh* Good that she is covered up, but doesnt fit NG universe at all.
Ryu's is the one we got with a code.

Frankly, I wouldnt pay a damn thing for these outfits considering they are looking ugly, only one I would go with would be Momiji because I love the top design, kind of reminds me of Akido uniform but the short shorts, give me a break.
But even that I wouldnt pay for it, realistically considering her combat moves is nerfed and crap and makes me not play as her.

But whatever, I dont have the game anymore and dont tend to rebuy it.
Primeval_Demon
Superior Ninja
Superior Ninja

PostPosted: Fri Nov 13, 2009 10:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?page=5&aid=90138&id=109196331784

The art for the new costumes. Ayane's is the last on page four.

@ Sath

Sorry to hear you don't like them. I personally think Momiji's is the best one there but thats just my opinion. There could be more as well btw because Tecmo say this is the first set.
Sath
Shadow Ninja
Shadow Ninja

Gamertag: PSN: ISathI
NGS - Sigma (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Fri Nov 13, 2009 10:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well Momiji's is the best one anyways.
But ah well, I wont be coming in this site anymore considering I dont have NG and dont like it much anymore...for now (until NG3).
But I will come here and post my opinion when new DLCs hit, be it good or bad. But I wont let my "I dont have NG so I am gonna rant all the time" get to me when having my opinions on NG, it will remain the same.
Primeval_Demon
Superior Ninja
Superior Ninja

PostPosted: Fri Nov 13, 2009 10:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

@ Sath

I actually thought the same as you about Ayane's costume. It is FAR too revealing. She has plenty of costumes already and they could have gone with any of them.

But I thought you would like to know anyway. As long as they don't start milking for costumes then I am happy and won't complain.

Edit: While I'm posting sources this dlc is out November 26th for Europe. Sad I wanted it sooner.

http://www.facebook.com/tecmoeurope?ref=ts
neoryu
Greater Ninja
Greater Ninja

PostPosted: Fri Nov 13, 2009 11:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Takehaniyasubiko wrote:
Costumes DLC? And costumes for characters that are useless on higher difficulties? What is this crap? This costumes look dangerously perverted. Momiji is almost naked, the same thing with Ayane. Who plays NG according to Hayashi? 12-year olds who masturbate to anime chicks?

EDIT: fvck NO. File size: 100 KB. This means all those costumes ARE ALREADY ON THE DISCS! THEY DID THIS STUFF WHILE DEVELOPING THE GAME AND LOCKED IT OUT OF GREED.

Itagaki was totally against this practice and said that TN will never do it.

Way to go, Hayashi. Screwing your fanbase once again. ><

Take, if I'm not mistaken, NG2 was the same in this regard was it not? I thought the DLC was already on the NG2 disc as well. Correct me if I'm wrong.

At any rate, whet you just said does not bode well for this game because if they truly are just unlocking stuff that's already in the game, then that means we more than likely wont be getting much of what we've been asking for as DLC. Guess this game isn't still being worked on after all.

EDIT: This content is already on the disc. Oh well. Mad I hope they take the feedback from this and use it for their next NG.
neoryu
Greater Ninja
Greater Ninja

PostPosted: Fri Nov 13, 2009 11:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Primeval_Demon wrote:
This sentence

"Tecmo will release the Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2 "Costume Pack" on November 19 as the first set of paid download content for the PS3 action title"

First set probably means there will be more costumes on the way. This could mean other NG2 costumes or even older costumes from Black. I expect Rachel to get more hairstyles for some reason.

They gave us the impression that there would be more costumes with NG2 as well. It turned out that there was only one Costume Pack containing three costumes for Ryu with five different color schemes each. Wonder why NGS2 didn't give us color schemes? I liked that idea.

The sentence in the quote is talking about the first set of DLC in general. By now we obviously know there's more stuff on the disc for them to unlock. Rolling Eyes I expect some survival missions and that's it to be quite honest. Team Ninja is working on Other M and possibly a DOA game right now. Hopefully a lag patch shows up at some point.

Did anybody notice that the release date for this first set of DLC was pushed forward a week? I'm assuming they hear the complaints.

Last edited by neoryu on Fri Nov 13, 2009 6:33 pm; edited 1 time in total
Primeval_Demon
Superior Ninja
Superior Ninja

PostPosted: Fri Nov 13, 2009 12:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If it isn't costumes its obviously something we have had in the past.

I doubt it would be a MN tournament so the best bet is MM. I would still like to see more costumes, hopefully a better set. I am not much of a fan of Ayane's but Rachel's makes a change. Still, Rachel being a secretary, teacher or whatever she is still gives the game a bad name but at least this time she isn't showing her cleavage Razz
Barrikade
Common Ninja
Common Ninja

PostPosted: Fri Nov 13, 2009 1:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I come back after a short absence and this is all we get? Team Ninja sucks now. Its so obvious these costumes were already on the disc, if they come in at 100kb. We can kiss our hopes of a MUCH-NEEDED patch goodbye, these guys will probably just milk costume DLC 'til 2011.
Superior Ninja
Superior Ninja

PostPosted: Fri Nov 13, 2009 1:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

@ Barrikade

NG2 needed a patch. See part of the thing about being a game designer is the learning.

No game is perfect nor never will be. Team Ninja COULD patch this game but what is there to revisit and rework for NG3? These are reasons developers move onto other projects. Not just to expand the game, but to IMPROVE things from previous installments.
Takehaniyasubiko
Rogue Ninja
Rogue Ninja

PostPosted: Fri Nov 13, 2009 1:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh, come, Primeval_Demon. Have you exchanged brains with Hayashi? You're really not serious, are you?

They've been promoting NGS2 as the definitive version of NG and now what? They can't even release a much-needed patch?

It's painfully obvious that TN don't know a crap about PS3. They can't program for it well and NGS2 feels bare-bone. They didn't even include XMB music which would help make co-op mode more enjoyable (it's always better to hack and slash with your own music instead of those looping tracks...).

NGS2 seems like a cash-in even more now. Every strong development studio these days should supports its games for at least a couple of moths after release, especially if they feature online modes.

DLC costumes (that are already on the disc...) is just childish of TN - their game desperately needs big improvements and they are giving fans some clothes to play with it?
Primeval_Demon
Superior Ninja
Superior Ninja

PostPosted: Fri Nov 13, 2009 1:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

@ Take

Its not that I am defending them its just that people seem to RELY on patches.

Back in the day this wasn't possible. Internet was not a big part of gaming so how did devs improve on things? By creating sequels. Yes I admit the grabbing is cheap and unneeded but if they improve it what will they replace it with?

That is what I'm worried about. What we need to do as hardcore fans is get this idea of making it cheap out of Team Ninja's head.

OTHERWISE, cheapness will continue and continue.
sneh
Greater Ninja
Greater Ninja

PostPosted: Fri Nov 13, 2009 1:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

They weren't on the disc , they were in the required 56mb update from yesterday. That is so that people who do not buy them can see them on players who did buy them.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ninja Fortress Forum Index -> Ninja Gaiden ∑ Sigma 2 All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 2 of 6

Jump to: