ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in   

5 weeks, NGS2 haven't even sold 300K, lame
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ninja Fortress Forum Index -> Ninja Gaiden ∑ Sigma 2
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Vueguy
Greater Ninja
Greater Ninja

Gamertag: XBL: Vuezero PSN: Vueguy

PostPosted: Tue Nov 10, 2009 12:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hey guys, i am selling NGS2 off, i will buy it back in the near future after everything has been fix or patch and more DLC has been release.

this morning i dream that me and a friend online beat the crap out of UN1 and UN02 w/ ease and hehe, i woke up, it was only a dream.

anyway, i will be returning to this forum in a couple of months to see how it go.
still like NGS2, but cause i want more profit back, i'll sell it as soon as i can before NGS2 got a price drop.

maybe i could get $50 back selling it now cause its still look like new.
Superior Ninja
Superior Ninja

PostPosted: Tue Nov 10, 2009 12:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You too Vueguy? Sad

I think its a big pity everyone is dumping such a class game. True its annoying but I've sort have learned to live with the grabbing.

What will you all say if dlc turns out epic?
Vueguy
Greater Ninja
Greater Ninja

Gamertag: XBL: Vuezero PSN: Vueguy

PostPosted: Tue Nov 10, 2009 12:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i heard Sath is trading it for MW2 hehe lol.
as for me, no i am not trading, i am selling it, but i will buy NGS2 in the next few months again when there are DLC or patch to fix NGS2 co-op online.
i really think the co-op online was cool, just the lag was uncool.
i want to play 60fps but instead we're playing in 20fps which is not cool, and Team Ninja haven't do anything to fix it, poor.

i still like NGS2, just that i have nothing to play it now.
U2 and i will be buying DBRB today for $40 at gamestop hehe, $20 price drop because of MW2 yeah.

i won't get MW2 thought since i don't like FPS games, but my bros will cause they were a bunch of COD fanboys.

once NGS2 release some patch to fix the NGS2 online and new DLC, i will be sure to pick NGS2 again and play w/ ya all again. Thumbs Up
Ninja Dog
Ninja Dog

PostPosted: Tue Nov 10, 2009 12:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry, but the only epic DLC for NG games were the HPs, IMO. The MM in NG2 was garbage.
Primeval_Demon
Superior Ninja
Superior Ninja

PostPosted: Tue Nov 10, 2009 12:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How does anybody know what the dlc is?

I'm suspicious of something new myself. Its taking some time to announce anything. There is defo some sort of redesign I think. Its like they are developing something.

Could be new missions for mission mode.
neoryu
Greater Ninja
Greater Ninja

PostPosted: Tue Nov 10, 2009 1:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Primeval_Demon wrote:

I would like to convince everyone here to give him time but who would listen? NG3 will no doubt have flaws but some flaws in sigma 2 I feel have been reacted to a bit badly. NG2 was FAR FROM the the greatest NG. Isn't that part of the reason Sigma 2 was made?

But my main point is Hayashi is just as talented a producer as Itagaki. Maybe not when creating new things, but in terms of pure gameplay fun this generation, sorry but Hayashi's games have been way more fun imo.

I respectfully disagree with you that Hayashi's games are more fun. It's a lot easier to add toppings on or make changes to a fully complete product. While I agree that NG2 is definitely not the greatest NG, I have to admit that NG1, NGB, NGS, and NGDS are not the greatest either. The NES game trilogy holds a special place in my heart. They are simple games by today's standards, but they are the reason I even supported Tecmo and this series up until now. They are the greatest NG games as a whole in my opinion.

I still enjoy playing NG2 considerably more than NGS2. Something was lost along the way with NGS2 as far as the intensity is concerned. If you're going to tone down the number of enemies due to hardware limitations, then at least give the enemies the same degree of depth that the NG1 enemies had. Hayashi tried to get by with just making Ryu deal less damage to the enemies to keep the fights from being shortened, but the end result does not suffice for me. Then there's all the missing content. Confused I can't accept any reason why he would leave out any good NG2 content from his definitive version. Rolling Eyes

Staying tuned to see what happens with any new games is the way to go, but if there is too much recycling going on then there is no way to put Hayashi above Itagaki in terms of game design. I want new titles, not rehashes. We have to wait and see what happens. Hayashi is competent, but he has not proved himself to be anywhere near as good to me personally. I appreciate the intelligent discussion with you guys. These are just my personal opinions and nothing more. Wink
Primeval_Demon
Superior Ninja
Superior Ninja

PostPosted: Tue Nov 10, 2009 2:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

@ Neoryu

Well I did say it was my opinion. I agree with the removing of stuff though. Its pretty obvious "definitive" was PR talk to build on the hype.

Yes NG2 does have more enemies and perhaps feels like faster action (depends on your opinion). But what has Itagaki done to it to get it like that? Strolling through a cave and I jumped out my seat when a crazy Worm jumps out and it needs no explanation.

And the two Armadillos, oh god not the two armadillos. I can now beat these painfully easily, along with Gigadeath the worm and many other cheap cads in that game. But its not the point. Itagaki, since Alpha 152, you have begun to get this idea that making the odds as against the player as possible makes the game appealing. NOT REALLY! You just get sick of it to a point.

This is why I think Hayashi's games are more fun. Don't care about the amount of enemies. Don't care about how 'epic' the feeling can possibly get. What I want is the fair challenge that the game should have. Sigma achieved this better than 2.

True, Hayashi himself has done this, but not with so many different ways. I admit the games are nothing like last gen, but honestly, imo Sigma, dragon sword and sigma 2 have been the more fun of the games. From my point of view Hayashi does seem to care more about the gameplay than Itagaki does. I am waiting to see Itagaki's first game since walking off. I am hoping that this break from Tecmo takes all the games back to their roots.

Both are guilty of cheap tricks, but from my own personal view Hayashi seems to care less about how fast you can kill the player or frustrate them.
Neders
Common Ninja
Common Ninja

Gamertag: PSN: Neders

PostPosted: Tue Nov 10, 2009 8:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

All this talk about which NG is better or if Hayashi is better than Itagaki and, my conclusion, is that comparing NG2/S2/DS and NG1/S1 is like comparing crap and cake...1/S1 is a million times better, nothing to discuss here. The only thing I can take from this is that Itagaki-Hayashi partnership has been successful when making the games, but now Hayashi is on his own and I bet he is shaking in his boots.

However, I think that if he takes the time to analyze the crap parts of NGS2, the unfairness and our (the fans) complaints, then NG3 will be very successful.

But hey, since when did developers listen to us?
Greater Ninja
Greater Ninja

PostPosted: Tue Nov 10, 2009 10:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Primeval_Demon wrote:
@ Neoryu

Well I did say it was my opinion. I agree with the removing of stuff though. Its pretty obvious "definitive" was PR talk to build on the hype.

Yes NG2 does have more enemies and perhaps feels like faster action (depends on your opinion). But what has Itagaki done to it to get it like that? Strolling through a cave and I jumped out my seat when a crazy Worm jumps out and it needs no explanation.

And the two Armadillos, oh god not the two armadillos. I can now beat these painfully easily, along with Gigadeath the worm and many other cheap cads in that game. But its not the point. Itagaki, since Alpha 152, you have begun to get this idea that making the odds as against the player as possible makes the game appealing. NOT REALLY! You just get sick of it to a point.

This is why I think Hayashi's games are more fun. Don't care about the amount of enemies. Don't care about how 'epic' the feeling can possibly get. What I want is the fair challenge that the game should have. Sigma achieved this better than 2.

True, Hayashi himself has done this, but not with so many different ways. I admit the games are nothing like last gen, but honestly, imo Sigma, dragon sword and sigma 2 have been the more fun of the games. From my point of view Hayashi does seem to care more about the gameplay than Itagaki does. I am waiting to see Itagaki's first game since walking off. I am hoping that this break from Tecmo takes all the games back to their roots.

Both are guilty of cheap tricks, but from my own personal view Hayashi seems to care less about how fast you can kill the player or frustrate them.

I respect that.

You don't care about the amount of enemies. You don't care about how 'epic' the feeling can possibly get. What you want is a fair challenge that Sigma achieved for you, better than 2... Fair enough.

You and I have a difference of opinion on what is "cheap tricks" and fun - as I WANT the amount of enemies of NG2. I WANT that 'epic' the feeling of overcoming impossible odds, etc... As NG2's dismemberment system is set up for that type of play.

...But I see where you are coming from and what constitutes "fun" to you.

As for "cheap"(to me), NGS2's damage multiplier(on MN) is the closest thing to "cheap" the series has seen yet, it's not something Itagaki intended for this particular game, IMO.

And the NG2 projectile issue has been discussed & beaten to death, so I will just summarize that the projectile "spam" can be skillfully managed like everything else in the 360 game. You can be hit by a projectile and still survive the encounter by regaining control of it with skillful play in almost every case.

Ryu is equipped to handle everything he faces in all of the NG games. I for example, find the smaller ninja fights in Sigma2 tedious now because of extra enemy health given to them on MN, but again, it's personal opinion.

Oh, projectile spam was in NG1, NGB, and NGB's Mission mode, which in other ways could be considered less fair than NG2 at times in several areas.

The norm this gen(unlike the earlier gens) seems to be for games to be easy- so it's only natural for there to be a lot more backlash against a genuinely hard game and scream "teh cheap!1!", lol.

(no attack on you, btw)

archwarrior
Shadow Ninja
Shadow Ninja

PostPosted: Tue Nov 10, 2009 11:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey thanks for the link. I even found records of other games too. NG2 still sold under 300k
Rogue Ninja
Rogue Ninja

PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2009 1:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
What will you all say if dlc turns out epic?

They would have to add a new singleplayer mode with Hayate and that will never happen.

Seriously, if anyone thinks DLC will save NGS2... Rolling Eyes

TN is known for absolutely meh DLC (HP are a different case since those were gigantic patches rather than DLC and they were FREE). There's no way in this world that suddenly we will get fabulous DLC from them. Expect to see some stupid overpriced DLC like a few new missions or those incendiary shurikens (which are great but not as a DLC since it's something that should be in the game from the start).

I wouldn't be surprised if the DLC didn't came out at all since the game sold BAD.

EDIT: Here's something official: http://www.examiner.com/examiner/x-6894-SF-Console-Game-Examiner~y2009m11d11-Ninja-Gaiden-Sigma-2-sales-data-revealed
Female Tengu
Superior Ninja
Superior Ninja

Gamertag: GalaxySpider PSN: GalaxySpider

PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2009 5:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

CoolBlackKnight wrote:

I respect that.

You don't care about the amount of enemies. You don't care about how 'epic' the feeling can possibly get. What you want is a fair challenge that Sigma achieved for you, better than 2... Fair enough.

You and I have a difference of opinion on what is "cheap tricks" and fun - as I WANT the amount of enemies of NG2. I WANT that 'epic' the feeling of overcoming impossible odds, etc... As NG2's dismemberment system is set up for that type of play.

...But I see where you are coming from and what constitutes "fun" to you.

As for "cheap"(to me), NGS2's damage multiplier(on MN) is the closest thing to "cheap" the series has seen yet, it's not something Itagaki intended for this particular game, IMO.

And the NG2 projectile issue has been discussed & beaten to death, so I will just summarize that the projectile "spam" can be skillfully managed like everything else in the 360 game. You can be hit by a projectile and still survive the encounter by regaining control of it with skillful play in almost every case.

Ryu is equipped to handle everything he faces in all of the NG games. I for example, find the smaller ninja fights in Sigma2 tedious now because of extra enemy health given to them on MN, but again, it's personal opinion.

Oh, projectile spam was in NG1, NGB, and NGB's Mission mode, which in other ways could be considered less fair than NG2 at times in several areas.

The norm this gen(unlike the earlier gens) seems to be for games to be easy- so it's only natural for there to be a lot more backlash against a genuinely hard game and scream "teh cheap!1!", lol.

(no attack on you, btw)

If you want an epic game, than God of War is a better choice IMO. NG1 was never made for being "epic" (lol?)

And in MNM Alma in NG1 can "one hit kill" you as well. Same with the red ninjas in chapter one. I see no difference between the two games. And these guys grabbed you all the time, too.

It's easier to handle a single enemy with lots of health than getting spammed by hundreds of ninjas OFFSCREEN. It's always a hard but fair fight in Sigma 2.

And no, if you can handle these spaming situations in NG2 then its more or less pure luck and spamming the same attack again and again which absoluteley not defines the "combat" system in Ninja Gaiden. If a kunai lands right next to Ruy's feet and you try to block this, it always ends with a guardbreaker and losing health...and there is nothing you can do about it because it's random how the enemies aim for Ryu. Even during dashs these things can stick on him. BS.

The projectile spam was the biggest nonsense Itagaki and his team ever created for a NG game ("heh, NG1 wasn't hard enough, let's make it even harder") and there is no way to defend this. Itagakis "Alpha" in DOA4 was very hard BUT well designed and with a certain tactic you can defeat her with no problems (not rushing and mashing buttons. Me facing Alpha, no Problems: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u7dp-LjsR6w). But for NG2 Itagaki was totally blinded.
Hayashi did the same with the Ultimate Ninja Missions now but at least the normal game experience is ten times better than NG2s.

And yes, I played trough Master Ninja in NG2 and every other NG as well. Itagaki destroyed the fun of higher difficults in NG2. And a game should always be fun and challenging. NG2 was just frustrating. That's my opinion as a hardcore NG player and as a fan.

Last edited by Female Tengu on Wed Nov 11, 2009 12:10 pm; edited 1 time in total
barrage23
Greater Ninja
Greater Ninja

PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2009 10:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The latest fiscal report from Koei Tecmo Holdings revealed the sales data so far for Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2.

The Playstation 3 exclusive game has sold 370,000 copies worldwide after being released in late September (North America) and early October (Europe and Japan). In total, the Ninja Gaiden series surpassed the 4 million units sold milestone with the help of Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2.
Female Tengu
Superior Ninja
Superior Ninja

Gamertag: GalaxySpider PSN: GalaxySpider

PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2009 12:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

370k copies is ok, I think (for a game like NG). Sigma 1 "only" found 500k buyers.

Last edited by Female Tengu on Thu Nov 12, 2009 1:36 pm; edited 1 time in total
Primeval_Demon
Superior Ninja
Superior Ninja

PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2009 12:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

@ Neders

I wouldn't really see Hayashi v.s Itagaki, I would see different takes on the games and thats why the results are different. True Hayashi hasn't proved himself but people will see in time he is a good designer in his own right. He doesn't just copy Itagaki's boss decisions and stuff like that.

@ CoolBlackKnight

You must find bits such as the stairs epic. I'm always happy to hear other sides. I did get used to cheap bosses and shuriken spamming as you do when you play. But for me, it didn't feel fun. I kept playing it because I have this obsession to progress through the game, but it didn't feel fun anymore. Much of the game, even on warrior, felt like a struggle. This wasn't because I'm bad. I just watch movements and develop strageties to any bosses or enemies. I just didn't expect half the stuff that happened in NG2 at first.

I think it is a pity because Itagaki has such talent and he came up with so many ways to make you get game over. I thought it was almost like he was laughing at us.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ninja Fortress Forum Index -> Ninja Gaiden ∑ Sigma 2 All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4

Jump to: