ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in   

what was removed from the original NGII?
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ninja Fortress Forum Index -> Ninja Gaiden ∑ Sigma 2
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Maledict
Common Ninja
Common Ninja

PostPosted: Sat Oct 17, 2009 10:32 am    Post subject: what was removed from the original NGII? Reply with quote

hello guys, I'm curently playing the NGSII, but as with the first one, some content of the Xbox360 were removed, so, what were those removed content, I know that most proyectile weapons were so, but I could not stand if they removed some enemies
Primeval_Demon
Superior Ninja
Superior Ninja

PostPosted: Sat Oct 17, 2009 1:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well lets see, projectiles have been removed. This is the biggest flop. Tests of valor are gone. Several bosses are either replaced or removed but they aren't missed. Wink

Mission mode is gone, colour change costumes gone, biometal and shadow walker gone. But the costumes are better on this anyway so its easy to forget them. Unless you didn't like the Ashtar. Razz

Blood is omitted. If anything else comes to my mind I'll let you know. Or someone else probably will.
XNinjaRed
Dragon Ninja
Dragon Ninja

Gamertag: XNinjaRed

PostPosted: Sat Oct 17, 2009 2:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A bunch of enemies from Chapter 11 (Now Chapter 14) are removed and thus turned the most epic chapter in a borefest.

Every Water Encounter is removed and thus you now have empty puddles of water.

Survival Mode is removed, which is ironic, considering it's NGS and not NGII that came up with the idea in the first place. (Though NGII's Survival Mode is much better)

Projectile UTs have been removed.

IS Ninjas come in groups of two, and to "even" their difficulty with NGII's IS Ninjas they artificially gave them more health, making fighting them simply boring unless you're a combo fanatic like me.

Besides the Incendiary Shuriken and Windmill Shuriken, the Gatling Speargun is removed too, but I don't think anybody misses that thing. (Seriously, I can understand removing the Gatling Speargun, but there's NO reason to remove the IS and WS.)

Some places lost their BGM and gave us silence instead. I guess your opinion may vary on this one. On one hand it gives the place a bit of an atmosphere, on the other hand it could make going through the place boring.

I could think of more, but I'm tired.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Vueguy
Greater Ninja
Greater Ninja

Gamertag: XBL: Vuezero PSN: Vueguy

PostPosted: Sat Oct 17, 2009 11:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

agree, this game is boring as hell now.
Team Ninja better give us some good DLC soon.
i heard CyberEvil said there will be some new DLC coming soon so let's hope they are good or else this game will be bore just like NG2 now.
once u complete everything, its boring.
i am usually rank on the top 10 all the time, and yeah i don't give a crap about ranking, i want fun, if those DLC that come out soon aren't fun, guess this game will be list for bidding on ebay.
Superior Ninja
Superior Ninja

Gamertag: GalaxySpider PSN: GalaxySpider

PostPosted: Sun Oct 18, 2009 5:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The game is just "boring" cuz we actually know the most things from NG2. Same with Sigma 1.

Ayane is now the owner of the IS Wink (so the weapon is basically still in the game).

It's not that Team Ninja just removed stuff, they made some places more entertaining and fun to play + added a lot of new things.

I'm glad that they removed the (broken) water fights + jellyfish.
Greater Ninja
Greater Ninja

PostPosted: Sun Oct 18, 2009 8:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

thought i still like NGS2 more than NG2 because of the leader-board, no 1 have 99,999,999 so i am good and i am actually rate #1 in some chapter challenge so i am fine, instead of like NG2 leader board where u beat MNM and got lower rank than a guy who only play Acolyte for 1 hr. Mad Confused

and for real, NGS2 need some cool DLC to save it.
Dragon Ninja
Dragon Ninja

Gamertag: XNinjaRed

PostPosted: Sun Oct 18, 2009 9:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Female Tengu wrote:
Ayane is now the owner of the IS Wink (so the weapon is basically still in the game).

But Ayane doesn't have the weapons Ryu has which I was able enjoy mixing it up with the Incendiary Shuriken.
No, I have to go back to NGII to do that.

That's something I'm not supposed to DO if NGS2 is supposed to be a definitive version of NGII.
If NGS2 was definitive, I would've thrown NGII in the garbage because I didn't need it at all.
Instead, most of the things I liked in NGII were removed in NGS2, so I'd RATHER go back to NGII instead of playing NGS2.

That simply should show how much Hayashi fails.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Female Tengu
Superior Ninja
Superior Ninja

PostPosted: Sun Oct 18, 2009 10:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know your love for the IS ^^

I just said that the IS has not been removed from the game Laughing

And about that "definite NG" from Hayashi....I mean, how many times Itagaki said NG2 would be the definite/"ultimate" NG experience (and it wasn't)? It's just pure PR talk, nothing more. Since Sigma 1 I dont believe anything in that direction. Every NG plays different.

A "definite version" for me means that one NG combines elements from other NG games. And this cant be done with a simple remake or an upgraded version of ONE (in this case NG2) game. At least that's what I think about "definite".

Sigma 2 is more or less a Ninja Gaiden 2 for PS3 owners who enjoyed Sigma 1 but never played the NG games on Xbox or Xbox 360. Most of them dont even know NG2 or the differences between the two games.

Sure, some fans may be dissapointed but give a Sigma 2 owner a 360 + NG2 and he automatically says "NG2 sucks".

Sigma 2 is, at least for me, a better version of NG2. It's more fun to play and not that frustrating (I can live with instant-boss-grab-kills as long as I dont get raped during every encounter of some normal projectile spamming enemies *NG2 sigh*). Only the ultimate ninja missions are mostly bull crap xD (I bet it was the surprise Hayashi talked about Laughing )
Greater Ninja
Greater Ninja

Gamertag: XBL: greiver0829 PSN:greiver829

PostPosted: Sun Oct 18, 2009 11:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dont forget you could still hit enemies after they died and kept up your combo i missed that. and i can understand the mist but I want to see the limbs and heads whats the sense it decaps if the head is not on the floor.
MSX2
Greater Ninja
Greater Ninja

Gamertag: PSN: Verdugo04

PostPosted: Sun Oct 18, 2009 11:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Female Tengu wrote:
I know your love for the IS ^^

I just said that the IS has not been removed from the game Laughing

And about that "definite NG" from Hayashi....I mean, how many times Itagaki said NG2 would be the definite/"ultimate" NG experience (and it wasn't)? It's just pure PR talk, nothing more. Since Sigma 1 I dont believe anything in that direction. Every NG plays different.

A "definite version" for me means that one NG combines elements from other NG games. And this cant be done with a simple remake or an upgraded version of ONE (in this case NG2) game. At least that's what I think about "definite".

Sigma 2 is more or less a Ninja Gaiden 2 for PS3 owners who enjoyed Sigma 1 but never played the NG games on Xbox or Xbox 360. Most of them dont even know NG2 or the differences between the two games.

Sure, some fans may be dissapointed but give a Sigma 2 owner a 360 + NG2 and he automatically says "NG2 sucks".

Sigma 2 is, at least for me, a better version of NG2. It's more fun to play and not that frustrating (I can live with instant-boss-grab-kills as long as I dont get raped during every encounter of some normal projectile spamming enemies *NG2 sigh*). Only the ultimate ninja missions are mostly bull crap xD (I bet it was the surprise Hayashi talked about Laughing )

Well said. Never never, NEVER pay attention to PR talk. Sigma 1 was allegedly a complete version of NGB but it wasn't. And good God, NGII was supposed to be "perfect" as far as Itagaki was concerned. Neither version of NGII is better than NGB or NGS as far as I'm concerned. Even with the revisions, there are things that NGS2 couldn't fix. If it were a mere technically enhanced port of NGII, I don't think I would've been compelled to get it on day one. It is a bit ironic that the purple mist is what causes the momentary dips in the frame rate though Laughing

However, I'll agree with XNinjaRed about chapter 11. It used to be my favorite chapter overall and it had, IMO, fair fights that were removed. I still don't like the omission of the WS and IS (especially when encountering golden Van Gelfs).

Chapter Challenge alone makes me enjoy this game more, and I really enjoy playing as the girls. Especially Rachel (that's right).
Primeval_Demon
Superior Ninja
Superior Ninja

PostPosted: Sun Oct 18, 2009 12:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Female Tengu wrote:

Yeah I agree with this. It is a lot more fun than NG2 and even though this one grab thing is rubbish they succeded in making mentor more fun. As for the shurikens I pray for dlc.
greiver829
Greater Ninja
Greater Ninja

Gamertag: XBL: greiver0829 PSN:greiver829

PostPosted: Sun Oct 18, 2009 2:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

IMO there a lot of empty halls that were filled with enemies like who didn't like those battles let me know. Bc that's how you show how bad ass Ryu was. Chapter 11 is a Joke that level had ninjas every where and it was completely controllable. Now they have dogs WTH?
I enjoy fighting ninjas more than dogs. The one kill grab is doable in game but not in coop it just takes the fun out of playing MN and UN.
neoryu
Greater Ninja
Greater Ninja

PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2009 1:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Female Tengu wrote:

Even though your generalization is ignorant, the exact opposite is true MUCH more often. Give an NG2 owner a PS3 + NGS2 and he automatically says "Where's the *insert missing content here*" and that spot could be filled with so many things besides removed content. NG2 owners who were good at the game would definitely find faults with NGS2 and probably even say "it sucks" if it were given to them too. Look around.

Let's face it; this game is already dead. That says a lot about how definitive it is. Sad I hope they get it together for NG3. This purple mist, forced girls in story mode, jiggling breasts, reduced fights, and gutting of content did nothing for this game as a complete package. To everyone who likes this game, enjoy it. Same goes for NG2 owners. You each get different things exclusive to your version, so if you like one game, you may not like the other. I just think there's no need to be defensive about whatever preference you may have.

When the discussion moves to NG3, then hopefully Tecmo will be all ears.
Vueguy
Greater Ninja
Greater Ninja

PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2009 10:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Female Tengu wrote:

haha that is Hayashi real surprise for sure "ya ain't get platinum fools, even in 10 years, ya're only dreaming. i put cheap in the game"
and this is what he do when he check the leader-board on all the missions. Evil Hello

damn him, i actually start liking Itagaki more now after what Hayashi made it impossible. god ain't gonna save us, skills ain't gonna help us. what else? lucks ain't help us either. damn u Hayashi. Violent

please give us a DLc for a 1 hit kill like old time NES NG games where u could just kill any enemy in 1 hit. as for a boss, take 2 to 3 hits to kill them, it would be awesome. Not Worthy
Superior Ninja
Superior Ninja

PostPosted: Tue Oct 20, 2009 5:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

neoryu wrote:
Female Tengu wrote:

Even though your generalization is ignorant, the exact opposite is true MUCH more often. Give an NG2 owner a PS3 + NGS2 and he automatically says "Where's the *insert missing content here*" and that spot could be filled with so many things besides removed content. NG2 owners who were good at the game would definitely find faults with NGS2 and probably even say "it sucks" if it were given to them too. Look around.

Well, I dont think that some blood (not important for gameplay and NG1 never had that much of blood, so I can live with it) and one missing weapon (Windmill Shuriken) means the death for the game Wink

I can care less about stupid projectile charging (I never understood why I have to charge my uber pwnage bow for killing a rocket luncher guy, seriously....waste of time, very cheap karma farming!! and design fail), I can care less about that stupid wall glitching worm boss and some other things TN removed.
In most cases I got some new elements/features and I LOVE the changes. The game is more entertaining and it is more NG than NG2 could ever be.

Fact is: NGS2 has much more to offer. It starts with the new content and ends with some new elements + graphics. Just because someone dont like it, doesn't mean that the game is already death.

I say this as a person you just described in your last sentence (yes I'm good at this game)
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ninja Fortress Forum Index -> Ninja Gaiden ∑ Sigma 2 All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: