ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in   

The "Tenjin girl" ?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ninja Fortress Forum Index -> Ninja Gaiden ∑ Sigma 2
View previous topic :: View next topic  
CyberEvil
Shadow Ninja
Shadow Ninja

Gamertag: XBL: CyberEvil PSN: CyberEvil-PSN
NG - Emblem (Amount: 1) NGB - Master (Amount: 1) NGDS - The Eye of the Dragon (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Sun Dec 06, 2009 10:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wait a second. Why can't I say ahole? Can I say arsehole? This is fvck ridiculous. Why the fvck can't I say ahole?!
Superior Ninja
Superior Ninja

Gamertag: GalaxySpider PSN: GalaxySpider

PostPosted: Mon Dec 07, 2009 8:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mohsin117 wrote:

i mean she fits perfectly with Ryu and NG,

plez Team NINJA stop giving us stupid half assed characters especially when you got characters such as Kasumi and Hayate sitting around

Because the games story would transform into a stupid love story between Kasumi and Ryu. And in NG there is just no room for things like that. Little romances, ok.

Ryu just has no time for things like "love", at least that's how it looks to me everytime. But he is also the "guardian angel" of other charakters like Rachel and Sonja. In both games you can see that he cares about the two girls just like he cares about Kasumi.
Ryu is more like a "I'm watching you but you cant have me because I have to protect the world so you can enjoy your life" charakter.

And I'm also believe that he sees a certain chance for Kasumi and Hayate. Maybe he wants that Hayate accepts Kasumi and her decision she has made in the past. Brother and Sister should live togehter in a peaceful way and not having your brother & co hunting you all the time.

In DOA4 there is a lot of strange stuff happening......Kasumi joined Hayates clan and fights DOATEC (wtf?), Ayane protects Kasumi in Helenas cinematic (even more WTF?) and so on.

P.S. We also dont know what exactly happenend to Ryus lover "Aileen". Maybe here lies the reason for his attitude.
Ninja Dog
Ninja Dog

Gamertag: Solitary Rose

PostPosted: Mon Dec 07, 2009 11:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CyberEvil wrote:
I was playing, lol. God, I'm never going to shake this whole "ahole" thing I give off, am I?

??? I didnt get that from you ^_^ I didnt take any serious offence to it

I lol'd at the enemies needing protection from Ayane, thats a good point there XD And I'm glad someone else caught on about how Ryu said he promised Hayate he'd protect her. I'm a bit of a RyuxKasumi fan becuase of that scene and Doa4 cutscenes. Thats also why I became a big fan of Ryu, I found that incredibly sweet of him.

Though, it proabaly would suck if Ninja Gaiden turned into a full ledge love story but I definetly agree its annoying to see random blondes falling for him and Ryu pretty much ignoring them lol. I get the feeling he's not into blondes lol and wasn't Irene a brunette? And speaking of Irene, I have some theories as to what happened to her:

Scenario 1-Ryu and Irene are married and finally happy in America working in a curio shop together (after the Nes Ng series).Ryu learns that Hayate had been critically injured and his sister had disappeared from some ninja messenger (Momiji maybe?). Irene probably wasnt happy about him leaving but he felt he had to, they were his friends from childhood. Not too long afterwards, Ryu gets a note inviting him to the Doa tournaments and left right away. In his absence, Irene is called on a job by some mysterious originzation in the past she once worked for that requested she kill Bayman (the man who killed Fame Douglass, thus clearing the way for the more corrupt Victor Donovan to rise to power). Bayman kills her instead.

^ based off of the Doa1 booklet, shows an arrow linking her to bayman saying "mysterious orgnization" and "Request for an assassintion" though it could also mean she made the call and she's involved with the seedier side of Doatec.

Scenario 2- Ryu and Irene are married, in America, and happily running a curio shop together when Momiji comes to tell him about what happened to Hayate and Kasumi. Ryu gets ready to go but Irene doesnt want him throwing himself into "unnessecary danger". Becuase its his friends, he feels strongley about going so Irene gives in, wishing him the best and to comeback as soon as he was done. So Ryu enters the first tournament to find Kasumi and bring her back to her clan. Kasumi refused to leave until she killed Raidou so Ryu had to fight her but lost (or maybe threw the match?) Kasumi accomplishes her goal but is already declared a traitor by her clan. Ryu, having promised Hayate he'd protect her must go back to Japan to help her. Irene is furious that Ryu was going away for even longer and forces Ryu to choose between staying with her or protecting Kasumi. He chooses Kasumi.

lol, idk, but NG3 would be pretty cool occurring after Doa4 or 5 imo. Well, time for sleep XD
Shadow Ninja
Shadow Ninja

Gamertag: XBL: CyberEvil PSN: CyberEvil-PSN
NG - Emblem (Amount: 1) NGB - Master (Amount: 1) NGDS - The Eye of the Dragon (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Tue Dec 08, 2009 1:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Come on now, your ideas actually have some dramatic weight to them. You already know that just doesn't belong in a NG game.
Head Ninja
Head Ninja

Gamertag: mohsin117 PSN: mohsin117

PostPosted: Tue Dec 08, 2009 4:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

@ Female Tengu

I agree there’s no room for a love story in NG, yet Team NINJA persist in adding this romance between Rachel/Sonia and Ryu and I think that same romance would be better and make more sense with Kasumi,

Im not saying Team NINJA have to right an entire love story for Kasumi and Ryu, just have Kasumi take the place of the next blond girl, and her back story with Ryu doesn’t even need to be explained because its already there and ever thing would fall in to place, and lets not for get the Kasumi not only ads back story for Ryu it all so strengthens Hayate’s and Ayane’s stories, with no effort but with characters such as Rachel and Sonia they do very little for character relations and extra time would have to be spent in explaining them, and im going to say that Ryu isn’t the type of guy how falls in love at first sight which only makes Kasumi a better candidate, I would actually say Ryus not the type of guy to fall in love, he’s more they guy who feels strongly for someone and again Kasumi fits perfectly because they know each other from before and he’s already protecting her, and the whole he’s her protector and she’s his best friends sister which I think makes things a lot more interesting then just a “love story”

Now I don’t think that Ryu is protecting the world so Sonia and Rachel could live there lives, like I already mentioned Ryu is doing all this to get revenge for his clan and the fact that the world hangs in the balance doesn’t seem to affect him,
and I don’t like that Ryu is always protecting Rachel and Sonia cos there’s really no reason for him to be doing that, but with Kasumi, Ayane, Momiji and even Hayate he has links with them all, in the cas off Momiji and Ayane there his subordinates and as well as Momija being family and Ayane being his best friends sister, he’s already made a promise to protect Kasumi and she’s also a close friend and Hayates his best friend, and in all these situations, things are a lot more personal especially considering that they can handle them self’s but yet Ryu protects them

As for Kasumi and Hayate, I don’t think Ryu would get involved and id say that there's really is nothing to get involver with, first off all Hayate stopped the hunt for Kasumi when he came back but im thinking it’s like honor and stuff preventing Hayate to allow Kasumi back to the clan, but even that I think will be lifted,
and where did you get Hayate is hunting Kasumi, Hayate and Kasumi have never had a fight, but they have always spoken to each other, and it’s the Hijen mon hunting Kasumi not the whole Mugen Tenshin

I didn’t see any thing strange in DOA, Kasumi doesn’t fight with Hayate’s clan to stop DOATEC she actually tries to stop the fighting between them 2 and its in the fight with Helena that she finds out about Hayate’s plan to attack DOATEC, which shows she was never involved with it and that’s again enforced by Ayane’s fight

And Ayane Protecting Kasumi I thing was one of the best things, id say that Ayane could never Kill Kasumi, yes Ayane’s got the ability no doubt but Ayane and Kasumi have been really good friends for a long time and she is here sister and plus Ayane adores Hayate and I don’t think he would be happy if Kasumi dies, id say Ayane’s the type who’d protect Kasumi and say some thing like “if any body’s going to kill Kasumi its going to be me”

Now on to Aileen, iv started to refuse the existence of Aileen in NG post 2004, I know when they started DOA1 and NG they had them connected to NG NES but how things have gone I’d say they are dropping the connection of NG NES to NG post 2004 and I think that would be the best thing just to have NG NES and NG post 2004 as separate games, cos it frees a lot of things up, things like age which has never been a strong point for Team NINJA and time which liks in to that and Joe cos Joe dies in NG NES

According to the current time line NG post 2004 comes first then NG NES and then DOA which compliably bogels the mind and it makes more scene to just remove NG NES and have it separate

O and one more thing I forgot to mention a few posts back is that the fact the Ryu continues to protect Kasumi despite the Hijen mon hunting her also proves that the Hayabusa and Mugen Tenshin have no command over each other
Superior Ninja
Superior Ninja

Gamertag: GalaxySpider PSN: GalaxySpider

PostPosted: Tue Dec 08, 2009 4:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mohsin117 wrote:

As for Kasumi and Hayate, I don’t think Ryu would get involved and id say that there's really is nothing to get involver with, first off all Hayate stopped the hunt for Kasumi when he came back but im thinking it’s like honor and stuff preventing Hayate to allow Kasumi back to the clan, but even that I think will be lifted,
and where did you get Hayate is hunting Kasumi, Hayate and Kasumi have never had a fight, but they have always spoken to each other, and it’s the Hijen mon hunting Kasumi not the whole Mugen Tenshin

DOA3 >>> Story battle (starting at 3:24 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UbnraQ9ihh8) >>> Kasumis ingame movie right before the boss fight.

Hayates is the leader of the mugen tenshin clan since DOA3 so in this case his job is actually the same like everyone others: killing runaway shinobis Surprised
Head Ninja
Head Ninja

PostPosted: Tue Dec 08, 2009 9:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know that Hayate is the leader of the Mugen Tenshin in DOA3 hell he was the leader of the Mugen Tenshin befor DOA1 that’s why Raidou came for him,

you know I completely for got about that fight, I couldn’t even remember it until you posted that link, I admit I made a mistake

but he did say that lets pretend that we didn’t meet, and are you saying that he would kill Kasumi because she ran way to kill the guy hoe but him in a comer, id say even if Kasumi runaway for another reason Hayate wont kill her,

and that whole thing is a little weird cos Hayate walks a way but Kasumi fight him, so I think then end of that bit was just to set up a fight,

Kasumi was only hunter or should I say completely hunted during DOA1 and 2 cos in DOA 3 Hayate and Ayane are both there to kill Genra as there main objective, Ayane her self leaves Kasumi alive after beating her, and then in DOA4 there all there to take down DOATEC,

But I still stand by what I said Hayate never hunted Kasumi and that vid did sort of prove it cos he didn’t go after her, and id say it was during DOA3 where he lifted the hunt for Kasumi, and its all he honour thing we see in the vid

And just stepping back to the Aileen and unnessery charecters, I think developers often do thing to appeal to the larger market (the US) things like making character American or have it take place in America, iv seen that a lot like with the racing games that come out of Code Master a British developer but yet there games are very much made for the American market and its also there in Metal Gear Solid as well as other games, with NG Sonia being a CIA agent and Aileen and Ryu going to go live in NY i thhink is all there just appeal to the American market, and I think that ruins the feel of things, especially in a situation where Kasumi is dropped for a charecter that they think would appeal better for the American market, now I might be wrong in thinking this but I think
Aileen and Ryu living in NY are just to appeal to the American market and it just doesn’t feel right, I mean Ryu leaving the Hayabus clan despite being the next leader and the only protector and having so much responsibility just to go and open up a shop in NY, it’s not very Ryu like

im thinking since you didn’t comment on anything ells i said about Kasumi and Ryu im guessing i but up a valid argument for what i think, im not n here to change any ones opinion on the story of NG/DOA i mean everything we write here is all stuff we’ve come to conclude and nothing about the NG/DOA story is really set in stone and it’s the fact that we all have different opinions on the story which means we can discuss these thing
Ninja Dog
Ninja Dog

Gamertag: Solitary Rose

PostPosted: Sun Dec 13, 2009 5:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Both of you guys, in my opinion, summed it all up perfectly. This was an excellent read, I totally agree with leaving Irene out of this. Besides, Nes Ryu is no where near as smexy as xbox Ryu imo Smile For the future of Gaiden, since it supposed to mean "Ninja side story"...make it strictly about the four ninja, with Ryu as the main character then I'll be happy story wise since Team ninja will pretty much never make a deep story lol. They give good glimpses (Doa2u opening is a good example) but dont capitolize on it =/

cyberevil wrote:
Come on now, your ideas actually have some dramatic weight to them. You already know that just doesn't belong in a NG game.

rofl, your so right XD
Head Ninja
Head Ninja

PostPosted: Tue Apr 13, 2010 4:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I noticed, in the games manual, under the Fuma Kodachi it says
“a pair of short swords used in the Tenjin style of fighting....”
And also in the comic book strategy guide under the Fuma Kodachi it mentions that they are “handed down with in the Tenjin school”

Now what’s got my attention is that in the in game details for the Fuma Kodachi it says
“the name comes from the legendary Fuma clan, a famed group of medieval ninja that favord these weapons.”
Could this mean that the Fuma clan are one of the clans under the Mugen Tenshin?
The quote dose make it sound like that the Fuma clan existed a long time ago and are not around anymore, but then again a lot of the things about that Hayabuse make it seem like they existed a long time ago and are no longer around,

And if the Fuma do still exist and are a part of the Mugen Tenshin, then how did Ayane gain position of them?

Maybe Ayami is of the Fuma clan and past them down to Ayane?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ninja Fortress Forum Index -> Ninja Gaiden ∑ Sigma 2 All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: