ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in   

Who's buying NGS2?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ninja Fortress Forum Index -> Ninja Gaiden ∑ Sigma 2
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Still buying NGS2 or cancel your pre-order already?
Yes
88%
 88%  [ 15 ]
No
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Wait till price drop between $40 to $50
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Wait till price drop between $30 to $40
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Wait till price drop between $30 below
5%
 5%  [ 1 ]
Don't know, can't decide
5%
 5%  [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 17

Primeval_Demon
Superior Ninja
Superior Ninja

PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2009 9:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

@ rytango

bringerofchaos doesn't think so

The most freedom out of chapter select and he wants to replay the game rather than pick a chapter (which I think is great). This is what some of us are saying.

There is simply too much to satisfy for the game to be perfect.
Sath
Shadow Ninja
Shadow Ninja

Gamertag: PSN: ISathI
NGS - Sigma (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2009 9:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

gulliver49 wrote:
Sath wrote:
But seriously, 10 says yes, one says waiting for $30 or below...that has to be you Chaos:P

No. That was me.

Mystery person revealed...get him boys! Wink
rytango
Greater Ninja
Greater Ninja

PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2009 9:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

From what I gathered he wanted a NG+ mode that played to his playstyle.

Again, it's good they added CC mode, but adding that as well as NG+ for Story Mode, would have pleased both him and everyone else.
XNinjaRed
Dragon Ninja
Dragon Ninja

Gamertag: XNinjaRed

PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2009 9:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Female Tengu wrote:

So, pleeeeeeease stop complaining about that IS. I cant hear it anymore as much as I respect others opinions ^^. The other charakters will have way more better weapons and Ryu will be the best of all charakters cauz he is NOT Ayane, Momiji or Rachel.

It's not like they could've used the extra year or two to make different weapons for each character to balance the co-op, oh no wait, they did, instead they wasted it on a graphical update which isn't needed and additional chapters for each single character which they might as well not have bothered and simply make them co-op only characters, giving Team Ninja more time to make the characters as versatile as Ryu.
But hey, that's just me bringing some logic in it.

And they way you worded how you're an "Ayane player", you sure are making some kind of double standard here.
If your opinion as an "Ayane Player" counts to make it legit to remove Ryu's IS, then Sath's opinion as a "Momiji Player" SHOULD make it legit to remove Ryu's Fiend's Bane Bow.
It's not.
And if you opinion as an "Ayane Player" makes IS's exclusion legit, how does that go with my opinion being a "Ryu Player" against IS's exclusion not legit?

Seriously, there are SO many reasons they could've just kept Ryu's IS, but they didn't.

Female Tengu wrote:
if you want to
Quote:

stab an enemy with the Incendiary Shuriken and then use Kusari-gama's Flying Vine making the enemy explode by the time you JUST pulled him in and cut off his precious legs
so bad, than you have to play NG2.

Why would I bother going to an "inferior" version of a game?
Oh wait, maybe because the "Superior" and "Complete" version actually removed some of it's quality?
Yeah, so why bother buying the "Superior" and "Complete" version at all? Rolling Eyes

Last edited by XNinjaRed on Mon Sep 28, 2009 9:26 am; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
rytango
Greater Ninja
Greater Ninja

PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2009 9:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Someone on Gfaqs suggested Kasumi be $DLC with the WS being her projectile. Laughing
Primeval_Demon
Superior Ninja
Superior Ninja

PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2009 9:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

@ rytango

Thats true but this is a point that only some of us see. It could be because of memory capabilities. It could be they saw no point with CC (for which I also don't see the point). But only some of us will think this.

Either way we will never know. I know the option is nice but I knew something would go wrong. You just cannot perfect a game for some reason.

And I hope all the guys threatning to boycott are listening to this as well.
Sath
Shadow Ninja
Shadow Ninja

PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2009 9:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am "everybody player"...except Rachel Razz

But yeah not having WS or IS makes NO sense whatsoever. It has been working in all the NG games and all of a sudden now it doesnt? makes no sense.

But what can you do really.
Send a email to Team NINJA or in playstation blogs when Hayashi arrives to talk.

I heard there is one projectile slot empty in the entire playthrough and IS is there but you cant pick it up...DLC weapons incoming?

The ultimate DLC would be as following..

Kasumi (and Hayate please!)
WS & IS
Survival Mode (team and single mission modes)
New weapons for the girls

Its doable, and not a crazy wishlist like most people make.

Lets just hope for some nice DLCs.
rytango
Greater Ninja
Greater Ninja

PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2009 9:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I dunno. It IS a bluray vs. DVD from NG2. It could be that was the reason. But it's such a small tweak to the game design, not a whole new mode like Co-op.

The only thing that I personally would miss is the ability to start the game with all weapons at lvl 1. That made for some interesting possibilities.
gulliver49
Lesser Ninja
Lesser Ninja

PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2009 9:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

XNinjaRed wrote:
Female Tengu wrote:

So, pleeeeeeease stop complaining about that IS. I cant hear it anymore as much as I respect others opinions ^^. The other charakters will have way more better weapons and Ryu will be the best of all charakters cauz he is NOT Ayane, Momiji or Rachel.

It's not like they could've used the extra year or two to make different weapons for each character to balance the co-op, oh no wait, they did, instead they wasted it on a graphical update which isn't needed and additional chapters for each single character which they might as well not have bothered and simply make them co-op only characters, giving Team Ninja more time to make the characters as versatile as Ryu.

And they way you worded how you're an "Ayane player", you sure are making some kind of double standard here.
If your opinion as an "Ayane Player" counts to make it legit to remove Ryu's IS, then Sath's opinion as a "Momiji Player" SHOULD make it legit to remove Ryu's Fiend's Bane Bow.
It's not.
And if you opinion as an "Ayane Player" makes IS's exclusion legit, how does that go with my opinion being a "Ryu Player" against IS's exclusion not legit?

Seriously, there are SO many reasons they could've just kept Ryu's IS, but they didn't.

Female Tengu wrote:
if you want to
Quote:

stab an enemy with the Incendiary Shuriken and then use Kusari-gama's Flying Vine making the enemy explode by the time you JUST pulled him in and cut off his precious legs

Oh wait, maybe because the "Superior" and "Complete" version actually removed some of it's quality?
Yeah, so why bother buying the "Superior" and "Complete" version at all? Rolling Eyes

XNR, I think everyone knows by now that the whole "Superior" and "Complete" bit was just to raise hype and generate sales. Whether it is complete or superior is subjective. I think they removed the WS and IS to balance out the girls more and put more emphasis on them. If Ryu has IS, why would anyone want to be Ayane in Co-op?

As for taking out the WS and projectile UTs in general, I am guessing that it was to done so that you would use the new gun more.

It's just my speculation, but I was thinking that maybe they took out stuff in order to place more emphasis on/force the new stuff.

Are you still buying the game btw?
Primeval_Demon
Superior Ninja
Superior Ninja

PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2009 9:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

gulliver49 wrote:
why would anyone want to be Ayane in Co-op?

OH NO HE DIDN'T?

I have used Ayane just as much as Ryu. Keep your voice down or the Ayane fanboys will unleash their wrath.

You just don't appreciate the quality of the characters. Wink

I woudl want to use Ayane ANYWAY!

Last edited by Primeval_Demon on Mon Sep 28, 2009 9:50 am; edited 1 time in total
Sath
Shadow Ninja
Shadow Ninja

PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2009 9:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like playing as Ayane, its fresh and unique to the NG games.
I even used her in co-op with Ryu on my side, but if a proper Ayane player uses Ayane in co-op then there is no worries of she being bad.
XNinjaRed
Dragon Ninja
Dragon Ninja

Gamertag: XNinjaRed

PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2009 9:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

gulliver49 wrote:
Are you still buying the game btw?

Yes, but if this game at all bombs in it's sales, I'm gonna help the game getting bombed by selling it immediately.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
rytango
Greater Ninja
Greater Ninja

PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2009 9:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If Ryu has IS, why would anyone want to be Ayane in Co-op?

You'd pick Ayane to use her weapons. She's essentially a weapon style just like the rest of the girls. Would you not pick Momiji because she carries a bow like Ryu? No she has a unique weapon style you'd like to try.

As for taking out the WS and projectile UTs in general, I am guessing that it was to done so that you would use the new gun more.

The cannon was more of a compensation for lack of Arrow UT. You really only need to use the cannon on certain parts just like you only needed the Arrow UT in NG2 at certain parts. I don't think it is a stand in for the IS or WS.
gulliver49
Lesser Ninja
Lesser Ninja

PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2009 9:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey hey hey! I like Ayane too! I've played her a lot in the demo!

I'm just saying that in terms of effectiveness, it helped that she had IS. He swords are nice, but Ryu is more deadly IMO.
Female Tengu
Superior Ninja
Superior Ninja

Gamertag: GalaxySpider PSN: GalaxySpider

PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2009 10:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

XNinjaRed wrote:
Female Tengu wrote:

It's not.

Female Tengu wrote:
if you want to
Quote:

Well, do you really still believe something TN told us years ago with Black, SIGMA1 and NG2? There is no "ultimate" or complete NG. The only complete NG (not the NES games) was the first NG on Xbox.

They gave Ayane the IS cauz she always had these things since NG1. People would instantly complain if she had a rocket launcher as a projectile weapon and people would also complain if she had the "same" like Ryu.

It makes the charakters unique. Always trying to understand what "design" means makes me think about "good" or "bad" and "why it's good" and "why it could be bad in some way". And I think it was bad giving Momiji a bow since, just as you said, Ryu already has a bow. But Ryu is Momijis mentor, so I think its fine. In action Momiji and Ryu have a special style I like (in coop mode). That's how I think about "logic" and "design".

The WS was cheap karma farming (10 UTs against one chainsaw fiend if you're "good", and making the weapon stronger for not doing this anymore is no solution) and it was nearly useless against flying enemies over great distances (unlike every other projectile, which CAN kill in such situations). What I supposed to do with a distance weapon for short range in Ninja Gaiden? Give me one reason when I have 8 melee weapons in my arsenal? In NG1 it was ok but NG2 changed so much I never used this thing. It just makes no sense to me using a windmill shuriken in a group of IS ninjas + offscreen attacks + spamming + .....

And yes, that's why I think that most of TNs decisions are legit so far. They did some mistakes with this game (still no changes on the karma system), as always, but I can live with it.

People will buy, love and hate this game. So I do.

Last edited by Female Tengu on Mon Sep 28, 2009 10:37 am; edited 5 times in total
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ninja Fortress Forum Index -> Ninja Gaiden ∑ Sigma 2 All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 4 of 6

Jump to: