ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in   

Who's buying NGS2?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ninja Fortress Forum Index -> Ninja Gaiden ∑ Sigma 2
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Still buying NGS2 or cancel your pre-order already?
Yes
88%
 88%  [ 15 ]
No
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Wait till price drop between $40 to $50
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Wait till price drop between $30 to $40
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Wait till price drop between $30 below
5%
 5%  [ 1 ]
Don't know, can't decide
5%
 5%  [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 17

CyberEvil
Shadow Ninja
Shadow Ninja

Gamertag: XBL: CyberEvil PSN: CyberEvil-PSN
NG - Emblem (Amount: 1) NGB - Master (Amount: 1) NGDS - The Eye of the Dragon (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2009 12:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's a cosmetic thing on the latter point. Would it have been nice to have the option? Sure. Does it alter gameplay in ANY WAY? Nah. As for removing the two weapons, I'll be the first to admit both had their uses and I loved the Windmill shuriken. But seeing as I can't personally change the fact that they are gone, I also won't lose sleep over it. I'm getting the game (and yes, I bought a copy of the LE and didn't just take the free one and call it a day) to support TN and because of the online coop. Plus, I like trophies. Very Happy
Dragon Ninja
Dragon Ninja

Gamertag: Bringerofchaos8 PSN: BringerOfChaos88
NGB - Master (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2009 12:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What about removing successive play from story mode?
Sath
Shadow Ninja
Shadow Ninja

Gamertag: PSN: ISathI
NGS - Sigma (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2009 12:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

10 people said yes, I wonder who made 10 account to vote on it Razz
Kidding!

But seriously, 10 says yes, one says waiting for $30 or below...that has to be you Chaos:P
Takehaniyasubiko
Rogue Ninja
Rogue Ninja

PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2009 1:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Th funny thing is, I would have made my preorder already if the shop I was going to get it from didn't have problems with its server. I couldn't confirm the preorder because I didn't receive an email with the link to do it. I don't know now if I should buy it, I'm torn.

But I know one thing for sure - CyberEvil is showing favoritism for NG and that's not cool if you're a reviewer. I can see that he don't like random posters talking about the game not even having it but to say that everyone who has a problem with the game is wrong is simply stupid and no matter how eloquent CyberEvil can be, he's not coming as an intelligent reviewer - he's coming as an intelligent snob.

The game has issues that are not "derived from a comparison to a different game". Just the statues fights are tacked on and you can't possibly defend them. But whatever, man. Think that the game is rock solid and pwns other NGs. It's your opinion and I'm sure you won't change your mind just because you're wrong. You're too proud for that.

EDIT:

OK, the email came in. The game is bought.
Primeval_Demon
Superior Ninja
Superior Ninja

PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2009 4:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

10 people said yes so they aren't really telling the truth. Razz

I knew most of them couldn't reject it. They make a lot of noise but when asked if they buy it they still say yes.
Female Tengu
Superior Ninja
Superior Ninja

Gamertag: GalaxySpider PSN: GalaxySpider

PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2009 6:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

CE pre ordered and underway Smile

lol @ Takehaniyasubiko's post, flame incoming

@Sath

C'mon, The IS is still in the game and remains with the same mechanics from NG2. Ayane is the owner of this projectile now and it and makes her unique in coop, too. She can stuck someone and Ryu pulls of an Izuna Very Happy coop action ftw.

Wink
Greater Ninja
Greater Ninja

PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2009 6:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

^
Thing is tho, while it is in the game for Ayane, that's just one weapon style you can use the IS with vs. 9 different ones.

People that do play the game on it's own merits (not comparing it with previous games) will likely wonder why Ryu can't use IS like Ayane, but he can use a bow similar to Momiji.

I suppose they wouldn't since Ryu has the Cannon, but it really isn't as mobile as the IS.
XNinjaRed
Dragon Ninja
Dragon Ninja

Gamertag: XNinjaRed

PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2009 8:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Female Tengu wrote:
C'mon, The IS is still in the game and remains with the same mechanics from NG2. Ayane is the owner of this projectile now and it and makes her unique in coop, too. She can stuck someone and Ryu pulls of an Izuna Very Happy

Can Ayane stab an enemy with the Incendiary Shuriken and then use Eclipse Scythe's Soul Impale making the enemy explode by the time he hits the ground, still stuck on the Scythe?
Can Ayane stab an enemy with the Incendiary Shuriken and then use Falcon Talon's White Tiger Gouge making the enemy explode by the time she pulls out the Claws from the enemy's body?
Can Ayane stab an enemy with the Incendiary Shuriken and then use Kusari-gama's Flying Vine making the enemy explode by the time you JUST pulled him in and cut off his precious legs?

No, no she can't.
Because she doesn't have those weapons.
Or simply speaking, she's not Ryu.

Imagine if NGS3 came out. And Ayane doesn't have her Fuma Kodachi's anymore, but instead Ryu has them. That still would be stupid, because Ryu is NOT Ayane.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
stavkor
Lesser Ninja
Lesser Ninja

Gamertag: PSN:stavkor

PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2009 8:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

First things first,I don't own Xbox 360 and the only things I have seen from NG2 are videos.I surely miss windmill shuriken from the first game,but just like CyberEvil the Wise said,I am not gonna lose my sleep.If I enjoy this game more than the first one,then it is OK for me and I still find worth my HMV CE.Next week it will be in my hands,I will read the comic first and then play the game.
Female Tengu
Superior Ninja
Superior Ninja

PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2009 8:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

XNinjaRed wrote:
Female Tengu wrote:
C'mon, The IS is still in the game and remains with the same mechanics from NG2. Ayane is the owner of this projectile now and it and makes her unique in coop, too. She can stuck someone and Ryu pulls of an Izuna Very Happy

Can Ayane stab an enemy with the Incendiary Shuriken and then use Eclipse Scythe's Soul Impale making the enemy explode by the time he hits the ground, still stuck on the Scythe?
Can Ayane stab an enemy with the Incendiary Shuriken and then use Falcon Talon's White Tiger Gouge making the enemy explode by the time she pulls out the Claws from the enemy's body?
Can Ayane stab an enemy with the Incendiary Shuriken and then use Kusari-gama's Flying Vine making the enemy explode by the time you JUST pulled him in and cut off his precious legs?

No, no she can't.
Because she doesn't have those weapons.
Or simply speaking, she's not Ryu.

Imagine if NGS3 came out. And Ayane doesn't have her Fuma Kodachi's anymore, but instead Ryu has them. That still would be stupid, because Ryu is NOT Ayane.

And no she cant because this game isn't the NG2 from the 360.

if you want to

Quote:

stab an enemy with the Incendiary Shuriken and then use Kusari-gama's Flying Vine making the enemy explode by the time you JUST pulled him in and cut off his precious legs

so bad, than you have to play NG2.

So just let Ayane have her IS and Ryu will get his "new" Dabliahro which is even more powerful than IS + any other weapon together.

And Ayanes Fuma Kodachi are already weak as hell. The weapon needs a little little bit more range, a windpath (omg!!) and more moves (since its her only weapon ROFL), especially against bigger enemies her move list is practically trash. If OTs wouldn't be a part of NG2s gameplay than Ayanes short chapter would be longer than one of Ryus cauz you need "hours" to kill the freakin wolfes and ninjas (yeah, I cant "wait" to play her chapther on Master Ninja mode). She cant Izuna centipedes, too (which is more than just annoying, since Ryu can and Momiji has better abilitys like double jump and Air-UT and Rachel has a stronger weapon).

Opinion from an Ayane player first class :p (only demo, but who cares. She has all of the moves in the demo).

So, pleeeeeeease stop complaining about that IS. I cant hear it anymore as much as I respect others opinions ^^. The other charakters will have way more better weapons and Ryu will be the best of all charakters cauz he is NOT Ayane, Momiji or Rachel.

It was a design choice, they added coop (some people wanted so badly including me) and now we have to live with this stuff.

Last edited by Female Tengu on Mon Sep 28, 2009 8:59 am; edited 2 times in total
Sath
Shadow Ninja
Shadow Ninja

PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2009 8:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

As long as Ayane got her NG1 outfit (which she does) she is AWESOME!

All this talk wants me the game more, especially trying out Momiji!
Damn Sanji got a hug from her, lucky monkey Razz
Female Tengu
Superior Ninja
Superior Ninja

PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2009 9:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, her appearence is awesome and her martial arts combined with a weapon based style are aswesome as well, but she needs to be upgraded a little bit. I love her in every way how she is, she's my favourite videogame charakter after all. And I would love her even more in this game if she had at least a windpath.
Even her guillotine throw has not the ability to throw enemies on walls.

She has way more disadvantages than Ryu. And I dont think that her square-strike with the Fuma Kodachi is faster than Ryu's square (or X) strike of the VF <<<< fastest move in the whole game. So please make her at least the REALLY fastest charakter in the game.

I could list some more things if you like.

People complaining so much about little things that they completely forgot other BIG improvements for this game, like a whole new playable charakter and how this charakter actually plays (I dont think she could ever survive a 3 boss battle in mission mode).

"yeah, she's cool".....

But holy crap. Ryu has no IS!!!!!

Last edited by Female Tengu on Mon Sep 28, 2009 9:23 am; edited 4 times in total
Sath
Shadow Ninja
Shadow Ninja

PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2009 9:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

She is more of a freeform fighter.

Even my sister could kick some ass as Ayane and she cant play NG at all.

Anyway, every person have their own playstyle and if WS and Is was one of their top weapons they used then a sad thing for them.

I mainly used the WS just for the fast decapitation and IS to blow out the limsb of the rocketsoldiers next to the water in the jungle level before the mechs shows up.

But if thats tweaked better then I dont need it.
rytango
Greater Ninja
Greater Ninja

PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2009 9:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

On the flip side, people wouldn't complain if IS and WS did make it in for Ryu. Why? Because more options is always a good thing.
gulliver49
Lesser Ninja
Lesser Ninja

PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2009 9:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sath wrote:
But seriously, 10 says yes, one says waiting for $30 or below...that has to be you Chaos:P

No. That was me.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ninja Fortress Forum Index -> Ninja Gaiden ∑ Sigma 2 All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 3 of 6

Jump to: