ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in   

Demo impressions! (EU/US demo is up! *EU uncensored!*)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 12, 13, 14, 15, 16  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ninja Fortress Forum Index -> Ninja Gaiden ∑ Sigma 2
View previous topic :: View next topic  
rytango
Greater Ninja
Greater Ninja

PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2009 7:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know but...that means I'll actually have to engage the thing. Not fun!

I wouldn't mind the Water Dragon boss, I just really disliked water running in NG2, so hopefully it's automatic like Sigma1.

And yes, I know purists will say "It just wouldn't feel like water running", but to them I say "Water sucks in NG period" Wink
Takehaniyasubiko
Rogue Ninja
Rogue Ninja

PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2009 8:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
But without projectile UTs that cave worm boss is gonna suck (even more).

It can't suck even more.
Quote:
just charge the scythe Wink and after the UT dash into a side tunnel

You don't even have to dash into a side tunnel. Just sit there and spam scythe's UT like crazy. It will fall quickly. Abusing the game's bugs is the best way to deal with bullshit like that worm-something.
rytango
Greater Ninja
Greater Ninja

PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2009 8:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I said "even more" because with the projectile UTs, you'd at least be out of the way and defeat a crappy boss design effortlessly. But getting more involved with it, yeah that kinda sucks more lol.
Sath
Shadow Ninja
Shadow Ninja

Gamertag: PSN: ISathI
NGS - Sigma (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2009 8:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am hoping for the canon to be available before the gigadeath so I can spam it on the boring bosses to death, I beat them once in NG2, don't have time to do so with NGS2.
By boring I am talking about the worm tunnel, gigadeath, water dragon, bone troll.
But bosses that can have a finishing move I want to go with Enma's Fang just to see how it looks like.
Takehaniyasubiko
Rogue Ninja
Rogue Ninja

PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2009 9:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
But bosses that can have a finishing move I want to go with Enma's Fang just to see how it looks like.

Too bad Enma's Fang's finishing move on the Buddha statue looks exactly like Dragon Sword's and to make things worse, Enma's Fang disappears during the animation... Surprised

Last edited by Takehaniyasubiko on Fri Sep 25, 2009 9:07 am; edited 1 time in total
Bringerofchaos888
Dragon Ninja
Dragon Ninja

Gamertag: Bringerofchaos8 PSN: BringerOfChaos88
NGB - Master (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2009 9:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

How the hell did a boss dodge my ultimate ninpo?
Ezerhordren
Ninja Dog
Ninja Dog

PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2009 9:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

sup guys, new here.

btw, it's just me? or the US demo besides being "uncensored" is also more difficult? I DL the first demo from the jap store, and I hacked and slashed trough the level in no time, but this demo, was a little bit more difficulty, he AI being more aware (is that the word?) plus the IS ninjas were way more harder in master ninja, also their life bar is a little smaller, but they are more dangerous, i dont know if i explain myself.

anyway I dont have the slowdowns you guys speak of, maybe because I have a regular tv with no HD or else? is a 21' Tantus samsung.

AFAIK some tv have troubles with some game, im a tekken player, and some lcd have lag or even slowdown in certain angles when theres too much poligons at the same time... but that, doesn't seem to happen in old tvs (no HD tho, wich kinda suck)

anyway the game doesn't look like the "definitive" version of NG2.... more like a market reserch for NG3. Expect bugs and whatnot in a engine not designed for the ps3, BUT being the NG nerd (im a fan since the first NG for 8-bit nes)of course im buying these, ive picked ng2 for the xbox a few month ago, and now that im done with master ninja... im looking for new mountains to climb.
Sath
Shadow Ninja
Shadow Ninja

PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2009 9:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

"whatnot in a engine not designed for the ps3"

NGS is made for PS3, but obviously not optimized well enough, and not NGS2 is sharing NG2 and NGS2 engine as one, and still not good enough.
Their engine is mixed bag and outdated.

They need to make a NEW engine for NG3, yes, NG3 and not DOA5.

DOA5 has 2 characters on screen with nice background levels, NG is a 3d action game with much more stuff going for it so they have to have NG in mind for their new engines and not a fighting game, or else they are limiting engine, atleast thats how I see it.
Takehaniyasubiko
Rogue Ninja
Rogue Ninja

PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2009 9:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
im looking for new mountains to climb.

You won't find them in Sigma 2 since it's easier than NGII.
Bringerofchaos888
Dragon Ninja
Dragon Ninja

Gamertag: Bringerofchaos8 PSN: BringerOfChaos88
NGB - Master (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2009 9:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's why I didn't see any screen/slowdowns!
Ezerhordren
Ninja Dog
Ninja Dog

PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2009 9:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Takehaniyasubiko wrote:
Quote:
im looking for new mountains to climb.

You won't find them in Sigma 2 since it's easier than NGII.

you are right *sight*, at least the us version seems a little bit more harder, but also remember this is just a demo... but now that i think of it... NG2 difficulty is 80% IS ninjas/IS spam... as in, the hardest part is the beggining, the first 3 chapters, now that i've finally learn how to deal with them, the game wasn't *THAT* hard. (escept for the test of valor)and since they removed the IS spaming... :/

I remember, when i started mentor/MN I always bvtch about the IS spaming, and how the game should be more hand-to-hand combat oriented, but now they've made the game, the way i thought it should be better... it was in fact, kinda boring (with most ninjas being a little more than a punching bag)

oh, and i know sigma is for the ps system, but i mean the graphic engine, i think its almost the same as xbox, and thats old as phuk.
MSX2
Greater Ninja
Greater Ninja

Gamertag: PSN: Verdugo04

PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2009 9:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sath wrote:

Their engine is mixed bag and outdated.

They need to make a NEW engine for NG3, yes, NG3 and not DOA5.

A lot of people just flat out misunderstand what an engine is, and how much it can be modified to handle anything a developer wants (did you know that BioShock and its sequel use a modified UE 2.0? Or that Halo 3 uses a modified Halo 2 engine).

They built a new engine for NGS2 using elements from the NGII and NGS ones, and the improvements are quite obvious. They're pushing more effects than ever while targeting 60Hz rendering rate, something that most developers don't even do nowadays and opt for 30Hz.
Sath
Shadow Ninja
Shadow Ninja

PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2009 10:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well their engine isnt good with the slowdowns and screen tearing, they should just make a new one, but then again, making a new engine isn't as easy as being said.
But even if they dont make a new engine, atleast optimize and polish the rough edges out and upgrade it a bit with nicer look and perfomance.
Ezerhordren
Ninja Dog
Ninja Dog

PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2009 10:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sath wrote:
Well their engine isnt good with the slowdowns and screen tearing, they should just make a new one, but then again, making a new engine isn't as easy as being said.
But even if they dont make a new engine, atleast optimize and polish the rough edges out and upgrade it a bit with nicer look and perfomance.

easier said than done... but I think the smartest move is to do all that work for the incomming NG3, since NG2 (or sigma 2 in this case) is an old game now... even the ps version, wich is not like... 2009 standards if you people know what im talking about. (sorry for my bad english)

btw, greetings from south america Wink
MSX2
Greater Ninja
Greater Ninja

Gamertag: PSN: Verdugo04

PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2009 10:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sath wrote:
Well their engine isnt good with the slowdowns and screen tearing, they should just make a new one,

Optimizations galore, that's all there is to it. Technically, they could've just left everything the same in NGS2 as the original and had a more stable game; pushing about 30% more pixels and all the new effects is taxing after all.

Doing away with v-sync is actually beneficial if the frame rate isn't locked, since that could cause slowdown when the engine is stressed. Every time you see tearing in a game, it would've slowed down had there been v-sync.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ninja Fortress Forum Index -> Ninja Gaiden ∑ Sigma 2 All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 12, 13, 14, 15, 16  Next
Page 13 of 16

Jump to: