ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in   

NGS2 and NG2 comparison
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ninja Fortress Forum Index -> Ninja Gaiden ∑ Sigma 2
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Female Tengu
Superior Ninja
Superior Ninja

Gamertag: GalaxySpider PSN: GalaxySpider

PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2009 6:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

As far as I can remember the normal life of gods (9 pieces, of course) and the LotG completely healed you, even mortal wounds Oo

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9fqAnNK1JjM this guy here is using one.
Head Ninja
Head Ninja

Gamertag: mohsin117 PSN: mohsin117

PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2009 9:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Female Tengu wrote:
As far as I can remember the normal life of gods (9 pieces, of course) and the LotG completely healed you, even mortal wounds Oo

thats NG2 not NGS2
and you can say goodbyu to usting them as healing items
Greater Ninja
Greater Ninja

Gamertag: XBL: Vuezero PSN: Vueguy

PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2009 11:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Takehaniyasubiko wrote:
Ninja of Chaos, I won't argue that the framerate is better in NG2 since I've played only the demo of NGS2 but I still think that NG2 performs better, especially since there are more enemies on screen. NGS2 is also slower and that was confirmed by many people already.

Let's wait for Eurogamer report, I'm sure it will get things straight.

One thing I will not agree with is that NGS2 looks way better than NG2. That's not true, it's smells like fanboyism to me. It's prettier, it features better graphics effects and all but to say that it's a big improvment is simply not true. NGS2 is simply more polished since they had an extra year, that's all. There's no vast improvment and it will show as hell in the later levels. Neo Tokyo looks really good but Palace of Blood, The Jungle... Moscow... Caves... New York... Ugh...

i don't know if u have played it on HDTV or not, but if u do, u would have know NGS2 look just way more sharper and more colors vibrant no question ask.

NGS2 demo loo so much sharper in 720p than in 1080p so if u have a HDTV, put on 720p, u will know NGS2 just look much better that way than in 1080p and look much better than NG2.
i notice some screen tearing as well.
it has a bit more screen tearing than NG2, i play NGS2 demo and NG2 final version at the same time i know.
both were play in the same 52" HDTV, NG2 run at 1080p, NGS2 run at 720p, NGS2 still look better.
gameplay were as fast as the same, if not, NGS2 was a little slower than .2 sec that's all.

yeah since its the demo, comparison isn't really matter, a demo against a final version is not fair.
1 thing for sure is that i just hope the US version get head decapitation cause i hate that in the Japanese demo, i OT the ninja head off, wtf, it still attache to his body.
i just hope it dissolve into purple mist in the US version.

lastly, it doesn't matter which game is better looking or have better effect like gore or less gore, i prefer fun factor over them and i prefer the gameplay over blood/gore and graphic.

gameplay > graphic > gore
Rogue Ninja
Rogue Ninja

PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2009 11:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Vueguy, I played on an HDTV, a good one. It's a Panasonic G11-panel plasma so it's not suitable for long gaming but it's picture quality is awesome and games look great on it. I know that NGS2 looks better than NG2, it was obvious from the first screenshots they've released. It looks better but it's not that big of a leap as some people try to make it to be. NGS2 is simply more polished. Also, NGS2 doesn't feel as fast as NG2 because they did something to make it slower for some reason (even though the framerate is more-or-less the same as NG2's). I guess it was a part of that whole Hayashi's "balancing".

And yes, the gameplay matters the most but this game has gameplay exactly like in NG2. There's more content but the gameplay is the same. NG2 should look like this from the start and we all know it. Some people will suck it up and buy the same game for the second time. Some people won't.

More and more reviewers claim the same thing I've been talking about - NGS2 has great gameplay but it's not ultimate NG game. It's just an expanded NG2 game. The problem is that the expanded part is half-baked. Ayane, Momiji and Rachel are cool for many fans but their missions and their move-sets' length are laughable. It would be far better if they've added only one character but with a real new singleplayer mode and with as much depth as Ryu. My bet would be Hayate but they could make an Ayane expansion if they're addicted to the boobs so much. What we got, though, are three underdeveloped characters. Quantity over quality - this the new TN philosophy. I hate it.

It's really not worth arguing about this anymore. I have enough of NG2's gameplay so I don't need NGS2 which is the same thing+half-assed additions but there are many people who want to play more NG2 or start with the series altogether and those people can find a good game in Sigma 2, obviously.
Vueguy
Greater Ninja
Greater Ninja

PostPosted: Wed Sep 23, 2009 12:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Takehaniyasubiko, i know what u mean. if NG2 have everything NGS2 have w/ the blood/gore, it would be the perfect NG game.
i might cancel my CE pre-order from Gamestop if the US demo or US version doesn't have head decapitation.

purple mist doesn't bother me that much because i am not really a gore lover. i hate real gore and violence in real life, my eyes can't take them, if i saw gore in real life, i pup.Confused Embarassed

in video games i don't mind that much, i think NG2 gore look better than the mist in NG2, but i don't mind the mist either that much.
from what i can't tell, NGS2 is just as fast as NG2, if slower, it will only be like .2 secs.
also the enemies were much harder to delimb and since they don't spam projectiles like in NG2, we don't jump around and we don't spam i-frames much, it did feel a bit slower.
in NG2, we played so fast because of the projectiles spam which if we don't and don't dash and jump and used lots of i-frames, we would see explosion everywhere.
i did try to free form in NGS2 demo and i could get lots of combos because of the enemies didn't spam projectiles like NG2. in NG2 MNM, all i did was spam i-frames and FS, and UT and rinse repeat, didn't get much combos and didn't have much free form on IS ninjas, but in NGS2 demo, i could, i could spam combos on the 2 IS ninjas till they die instead of spam UT or ET on them.

i don't mind spending another $70 for NGS2 because i only payed $20 for NG2 and $20 for all the DLC, Mission Mode, and the 3 costumes. so i only have waste about $40 on NG2 in total.
only like i said above, if NGS2 US version still have censor of the head decapitation attache to the body after i cut it off, i am canceling my pre-order and wait till price drop to $30. if it has head decapitation then i won't cancel my pre-order because i don't mind about the mist much because many action games out there like DMC series and other action games doesn't even have gore, but they were just as fun.
Superior Ninja
Superior Ninja

PostPosted: Wed Sep 23, 2009 1:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mohsin117 wrote:
Female Tengu wrote:

thats NG2 not NGS2
and you can say goodbyu to usting them as healing items

whoops, thought you guys talked about NG2 xD sorry

yeah in Sigma 2 these things won't heal you ^^
Rogue Ninja
Rogue Ninja

PostPosted: Wed Sep 23, 2009 1:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, this a very private thing. I mean, people will have various takes on NGS2 as an expanded NG2. Some will buy whatever TN makes, some will feel cheated, some will feel simply bored with NG2's gameplay... It's a very subjective thing.

The real problem is that there are things with NGS2 that clearly astray from what TN was doing while Itagaki was there. There are some strange tweaks to the difficulty, for example - as if they wanted to have a difficult game and an easy game at the same time. It's really showing that marketing department is affecting NG's gameplay. There was no such thing with Itagaki. He had his flaws but NG was truly his child and he would never alter it as much as Hayashi is doing. I just don't fell that NG is a series with a soul anymore. Sigma 2 seems like a desperate attempt to sell. Adding Dynasty Warriors outfits only blackens the picture since the reality is dangerously close to all those ironic jokes about NG meeting DW.

I hope I'm wrong and that we'll get a great NG game in the near future but looking at NGS2 and Metroid: Other M... I really don't believe in TN anymore.
Female Tengu
Superior Ninja
Superior Ninja

PostPosted: Wed Sep 23, 2009 2:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Takehaniyasubiko wrote:

The real problem is that there are things with NGS2 that clearly astray from what TN was doing while Itagaki was there. There are some strange tweaks to the difficulty, for example - as if they wanted to have a difficult game and an easy game at the same time.

Same with NG2. On Akolyth the game is ridiculously easy (actually every hit on the X button removed body parts lol) and on Mentor and Master Ninja the game becomes the ultimate challenge of the players luck (IS spaming) + offcreen attacks with projectiles. No-hit-runs are not possible in NG2. It's a shame and was an epic fail from TN.

The risk & reward system was gone in NG2.

NGS2 is the same. No difference if you played the demo. But this time it's more fair to the player. Of course, the game now is easier on higher diffs than in NG2 and most people here have no problems (including me). But the Master Ninja mode for me was still a challenge in the Sigma 2 Demo for me.

And it was just a demo with the first level and some ninjas. We dont know how the diff affects other enemies/chapters.

Last edited by Female Tengu on Wed Sep 23, 2009 3:20 am; edited 2 times in total
Vueguy
Greater Ninja
Greater Ninja

PostPosted: Wed Sep 23, 2009 2:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Takehaniyasubiko wrote:
Yeah, this a very private thing. I mean, people will have various takes on NGS2 as an expanded NG2. Some will buy whatever TN makes, some will feel cheated, some will feel simply bored with NG2's gameplay... It's a very subjective thing.

The real problem is that there are things with NGS2 that clearly astray from what TN was doing while Itagaki was there. There are some strange tweaks to the difficulty, for example - as if they wanted to have a difficult game and an easy game at the same time. It's really showing that marketing department is affecting NG's gameplay. There was no such thing with Itagaki. He had his flaws but NG was truly his child and he would never alter it as much as Hayashi is doing. I just don't fell that NG is a series with a soul anymore. Sigma 2 seems like a desperate attempt to sell. Adding Dynasty Warriors outfits only blackens the picture since the reality is dangerously close to all those ironic jokes about NG meeting DW.

I hope I'm wrong and that we'll get a great NG game in the near future but looking at NGS2 and Metroid: Other M... I really don't believe in TN anymore.

neh, i disagree, i know u have your opinion and other people have their and i have my own different opinion.
i actually think that the Zhao Yun costume in NGS2 is more badass than any of the NG2 costumes.
the fiend costume is the only good costume in NG2, but still the leg isn't that good, i just don't get why put 2 horn on the hip for whatever reason which bother me sometime when i choose the fiend costume.

i just wish Ryu doesn't have the mask on in Zhao Yun costume and it would rock even more.
Zhao Yun was my favorite character in the DW series and Lu Bu second.

and about Metroid Other M, i think its back in Metroid style more now, i hate the Metroid Prime series, FPS Metroid lol. i really don't like Metroid anymore since then because i used to love the Super Metroid in the SNES which was 2D and it was i think the best Metroid i have played when i was a kid and beat it more than 10 times.
since it go FPS shooter in the Prime series, i just hate Metroid since then, i just watch people play and saw videos in youtube and i doesn't like it anymore until i saw Metroid Other M, back in 2D+3D and Samus even have OT and hand combat as well, its so awesome.

i just think u're too big of an Itagaki fanboy, all your relying on is Itagaki and u praise him too much, NG2 isn't perfect, i like the game and i think it was a great game, but it was disappointed as well. Sad

also please don't bring in Itagaki or Hayashi into the chit chat, they have nothing to do w/ NG except directed and produce the game, its the whole team works, not only them alone, and NG isn't Itagki child, it was Shuichi Sakurazaki back in the 80s. Itagaki is just the first guy to have the idea to bring back NG into 3D in 2004.
a single person can't made a game by himself, it need the whole team. i myself doesn't care if Hayashi or Itagaki made the NG game, as long as its NG and as long as i can get to play the game, that's all i care.

Last edited by Vueguy on Wed Sep 23, 2009 2:51 am; edited 1 time in total
Takehaniyasubiko
Rogue Ninja
Rogue Ninja

PostPosted: Wed Sep 23, 2009 2:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
i just think u're too big of an Itagaki fanboy, all your relying on is Itagaki and u praise him too much

I guess you can call me that. I love Itagaki's Ninja Gaiden/Ninja Gaiden Black. I also like (just like) Itagaki's Ninja Gaiden II. But who here isn't a Itagaki's fanboy if you look at it this way? It's very ironic, really. People are trashing Itagaki like hell nowadays but it's his game they are playing. Yeah, he didn't make animations, he didn't code and all that. But without him NG as we love would never exist. Hayashi is merely expanding on the ground laid by Itagaki. Your argument was really invalid.

As I said, I don't want to irritate people here so I guess I'll go back to playing my crap and stop responding. I'm just really sad that so many people here seem to be owed by the moment of a new (an old new but whatever) NG game coming out and don't see how many things have gone terribly wrong in TN and with NGS2 itself.

Quote:
Ng isn't Itagki child, it was Shuichi Sakurazaki.

Ekhm, no mixing of NES NG with the new series, please. Ninja Gaiden on Xbox on which ALL later NG games are based is Itagaki's child.

Last edited by Takehaniyasubiko on Thu Sep 24, 2009 1:43 am; edited 2 times in total
Sath
Shadow Ninja
Shadow Ninja

Gamertag: PSN: ISathI
NGS - Sigma (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Wed Sep 23, 2009 2:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't like the "nails" and the bones on the Fiend Falcon, but the rest was good though.
About the Zhao Yun outfit, if they didn't add the headgear then they might as well add Zhao Yun's head there sintead because its not alot different to Ryu's really.

So no, the headgear is awesome for sure and I am glad it has that.
If they intent to have a headgearless Ryu then the outfit should be a new FRESH one.

But ah well, atleast we got alot of outfit variations thank god, NG2 lacked ALOT, especially NGS!

I wonder why Momiji and Rachel doesn't have any DW outfits though :S
I am sure there is a cool female outfit in DW that would fit Momiji for sure, like this one http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_0xxa3o3SCig/SnpLI_YY5lI/AAAAAAAAAPA/UzRqkj0df5U/s320/2794850411_07916b7f20.jpg or this one http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_0xxa3o3SCig/SnpO4-6i--I/AAAAAAAAAPI/RFsb4jnBQJM/s320/200px-Xing_Cai.jpg
Sath
Shadow Ninja
Shadow Ninja

Gamertag: PSN: ISathI
NGS - Sigma (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Wed Sep 23, 2009 3:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Takehaniyasubiko wrote:
I'm just really sad that so many people here seem to be owed by the moment of a new (an old new but whatever) NG game coming out and don't see how many thing have gone terribly wrong in TN and with NGS2 itself.

Sad because we like a new NG because we seriously like it?
You should be sad for yourself that you are sad for us, because our problems of liking something for something you don't like shouldn't be your problem.

"I guess I'll go back to playing my crap and stop responding."

Let's see how much you last this time.

And I do agree that without Itagaki with NG1, NG wouldnt be where it is now.
Sure he pissed off alot of us for his "swan song" of NG2, but Hayashi isn't doing anything better either.

Hayashi is giving us alot of content which I love from what I seen till now, but he is also removing a few things that made what is good.
With Hayashi it is 50/50, if he adds something good, expect something good removed as well.

But so far with "NG sequal", Hayashi has the upper hand in terms of content for sure.
But I definitely want to see what the next NG3 is gonna be like for sure.
Vueguy
Greater Ninja
Greater Ninja

PostPosted: Wed Sep 23, 2009 3:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Female Tengu wrote:
Takehaniyasubiko wrote:

The real problem is that there are things with NGS2 that clearly astray from what TN was doing while Itagaki was there. There are some strange tweaks to the difficulty, for example - as if they wanted to have a difficult game and an easy game at the same time.

Same with NG2. On Akolyth the game was ridiculously easy (actually every hit on the X button removed body parts lol) and on Mentor and Master Ninja the game becomes the ultimate challenge of the players luck (IS spaming) + offcreen attacks with projectiles. No-hit-runs are not possible in NG2. It's a shame and was an epic fail from TN.

The risk & reward system was gone in NG2.

NGS2 is the same. No difference if you played the demo. But this time it's more fair to the player. Of course, the game now is easier on higher diffs than in NG2 and most people here have no problems (including me). But the Master Ninja mode for me was still a challenge in the Sigma 2 Demo for me.

And it was just a demo with the first level and some ninjas. We dont know how the diff affects other enemies/chapters.

the Path of The Ultimate Ninja mode hasn't been reveal in the demo.

here's the new gamespot interview w/ Hayashi.
http://www.gamespot.com/shows/today-on-the-spot/?event=today_on_the_spot20090922&hd=1

look like there's head decapitation so i guess i won't cancel my pre-order now. i don't mind much about the purple mist, at least now when cutting head off, it disappear instead of attache to the body like the Japan demo.

and look at Team Mission in co-op, one single Izuna Drop from Fiend Ryu = instant death in Ultimate Ninja mode at 18:28.
Superior Ninja
Superior Ninja

PostPosted: Wed Sep 23, 2009 3:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

LOOOL ultimate ninja xD
Rogue Ninja
Rogue Ninja

PostPosted: Wed Sep 23, 2009 3:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, it wasn't even called Ninja Gaiden at first. It was Ninja Ryūkenden that can be translated to something like The Legend of the Ninja Dragon Sword so the title was comical in itself, you just knew by it alone what kind of a "ninja" experience you were getting into. Too bad they decided to stick to the North American title (which was brought up just because the pronunciation of the original was considered too hard for most gamers), especially since "Gaiden" is a term used to name spin-off games and Ninja Gaiden never was a spin-off.

Anyway:

EDIT:

Path of The Ultimate Ninja? What? Oh, come on... It's getting really pretentious now... Laughing

Last edited by Takehaniyasubiko on Wed Sep 23, 2009 3:45 am; edited 1 time in total
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ninja Fortress Forum Index -> Ninja Gaiden ∑ Sigma 2 All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next
Page 9 of 12

Jump to: